F2P, MS your too much with the kindness man(World of Tanks)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

World Of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition is coming Feb. 12th. free to play for Xbox Live Gold members, also a 7 day free trial for non-Xbox Live Gold members. i guess Microsoft isnt giving up on the XB360 because of the start of next gen like cows tried to fear-monger. let's hope it makes a splash.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/games-world-of-tanks-xbox-360-launch-date

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

this game, like most F2P games is terrible

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Dat f2p support. 360.. Totally not abandoned.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Shewgenja and the Last of Us DLC comes out 2 days later...ur set yourself cow.

@darkangel115 said:

World of Tanks is a known success on PC. saying its XB360 counterpart will be terrible is a bit of stretch.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

On the PC it´s a great game,not sure about these ports though.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

This.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Shewgenja and the Last of Us DLC comes out 2 days later...ur set yourself cow.

@darkangel115 said:

World of Tanks is a known success on PC. saying its XB360 counterpart will be terrible is a bit of stretch.

i played the beta on the 360, I'm aware of the numbers it gets, but the game itself is boring and terrible. F2P is for hermits with more time on their hands then money. rarely are any fun. You might as well be playing farmville

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

If you have this on PC, you have 0 reason to bother with the 360 version.

Its not like you need a particularly powerful rig to run it either, there are millions of people in Russian and Eastern Europe who can run this thing on a total dinosaur of a machine.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tymeservesfate

@PraetorianMan said:

If you have this on PC, you have 0 reason to bother with the 360 version.

Its not like you need a particularly powerful rig to run it either, there are millions of people in Russian and Eastern Europe who can run this thing on a total dinosaur of a machine.

not everyone games on PC...this just give console users access to a new popular experience from PC. nothing wrong with that.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

More greatness now instead of awaiting....;P

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tymeservesfate

@justw8_n_c said:

You guys thank MS for the stupidest things.

when did i thank MS?

oh you mean that "thank you Sony" crap...yea, that is stupid. the same with cows comparing Sony n its games to God. yea, thats what gamers/posters want...some blasphemy mixed in with their gaming talk smh morons.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

lol do people still remember the 360...

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Nengo_Flow said:

cows do, they're still checking sales reports hoping the ps3 finally passes the XB360 in sales. i guarantee, if that ever happens you will see more than a few threads about it. cows are paying close attention to the 360. believe that ;)

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

cows do, they're still checking sales reports hoping the ps3 finally passed the XB360 in sales yet. i guarantee, if that ever happens you stee more than a few threads about it. cows are paying close attention to the 360. believe that ;)

no one believes your trolling ass

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Nengo_Flow said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

cows do, they're still checking sales reports hoping the ps3 finally passed the XB360 in sales yet. i guarantee, if that ever happens you stee more than a few threads about it. cows are paying close attention to the 360. believe that ;)

no one believes your trolling ass

you don't have to believe shit.

proof is in the pudding though lol XD if it happens, the threads will come in droves. ;)

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@PraetorianMan Are you implying Eastern Europeans are poor peasants?

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

A 2010 F2P PC port is your idea of support? Wow, M$ sure has an easy job impressing lems.

Avatar image for unbiasedgamergs
UnbiasedGamerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 UnbiasedGamerGS
Member since 2014 • 32 Posts

F2P? You need Gold membership to play this garbage. You don't need any subscription fee to play this on PC. Why not bring World of Tanks to Xbone instead? No one plays XBox 360 anymore unlike the Playstation 3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

i guess Microsoft isnt giving up on the XB360 because of the start of next gen like cows tried to fear-monger.

You're right, they gave up on 360 years before.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tymeservesfate

@senses_fail_06 said:

A 2010 F2P PC port is your idea of support? Wow, M$ sure has an easy job impressing lems.

its a popular game on PC...why not make a port and give it a shot. at least its appeal is verified...unlike Deep Downs micro-transactioned ass lol.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tymeservesfate

@unbiasedgamergs said:

F2P? You need Gold membership to play this garbage. You don't need any subscription fee to play this on PC. Why not bring World of Tanks to Xbone instead? No one plays XBox 360 anymore unlike the Playstation 3.

why would you even think that nonsense, lol? no one plays their Xbox anymore...why wouldnt they? with games with Gold, the games they already have, and this coming out on the 12th there's plenty of reason to not unplug your 360.

buck up, at least the last of us is getting dlc on the 14th *yawn*

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@unbiasedgamergs said:

why would you even think that nonsense, lol? no one plays their Xbox anymore...why wouldnt they? with games with Gold, the games they already have, and this coming out on the 12th there's plenty of reason to not unplug your 360.

behind a paywall... not free to play.. therefor M$ appears to be ass f**king you and as always, you are happy about it @tymeservesfate .... you never cease to make me pitty you

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

meh

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

It isn't free to play though.

Microsoft will make people buy xbox live gold to play a free to play game, that is not free. You still have to pay to play it.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

This is coming from a long-time PC gamer: F2P is crap. You console guys who don't realize that yet will very soon, I promise.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

@tymeservesfate: you realise ps plus on ps3 has just given out metro last light and bioshock infinite for free? Not to mention uncharted 3 and xcom enemy unknown are still free?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Gargus

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@unbiasedgamergs said:

behind a paywall... not free to play.. therefor M$ appears to be ass f**king you and as always, you are happy about it @tymeservesfate .... you never cease to make me pitty you

save ur pity for someone that actually respects you lol. true, World of Tanks is behind Xbox Live's paywall. but its an online multiplayer game. why the hell wouldnt it be behind the wall lmao smh. its not like Deep Down where they're going to micro-transaction you in every crazy way possible just to make a profit. that game's plan is to block the players progress just so they have to pay to continue playing. with WoT they'll have some but nothing so restraining since Xbox Live helps take some of the hit.

when do you guys actually think? is it a time of day or an actual day of the week? if so let me know and i'll save my posts until then.

@dvalo9 said:

@tymeservesfate: you realise ps plus on ps3 has just given out metro last light and bioshock infinite for free? Not to mention uncharted 3 and xcom enemy unknown are still free?

you do realize that i have Sleeping Dogs, Gears, Tomb Raider, Xcom, Halo and others all saved to my hard drive and their mines for good, not rentals like you have, yes? point is, games with gold and your rental service are both good...except i get to keep my games if i cancel my Gold membership.

the point was Xboxers get this...ps3 users get the Last of Us users get DLC. all 4 million of them who brought it. hope you kept your copy.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedentSC

@tymeservesfate said:

@Gargus

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@unbiasedgamergs said:

save ur pity for someone that actually respects you lol. true, World of Tanks is behind Xbox Live's paywall. but its an online multiplayer game. why the hell wouldnt it be behind the wall lmao smh. its not like Deep Down where they're going to micro-transaction you in every crazy way possible just to make a profit. that game's plan is to block the players progress just so they have to pay to continue playing. with WoT they'll have some but nothing so restraining since Xbox Live helps take some of the hit.

when do you guys actually think? is it a time of day or an actual day of the week? if so let me know and i'll save my posts until then.

Oh god... Okay Warframe... Online Multiplayer, War Thunder..... Online Multiplayer ... only two examples of F2P that are actually F2P on PC and PS4 (no paywall included) yet are not on xbox... hell even the web browser is being your paywall... A WEB BROWSER.... do you not see your stupidity here? there is no way you can justify that at all... so don't even try

Also the fact that you are behind a payway is mandatory and you must pay. this is also a fact and not opinion. Whether Deep Down will "block the players progress just so they have to pay to continue" is your opinion and a very large assumption.. massive in fact. Do you have any sources to back up these insane claims?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tymeservesfate

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Gargus

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@unbiasedgamergs said:

Oh god... Okay Warframe... Online Multiplayer, War Thunder..... Online Multiplayer ... only two examples of F2P that are actually F2P on PC and PS4 (no paywall included) yet are not on xbox... hell even the web browser is being your paywall... A WEB BROWSER.... do you not see your stupidity here? there is no way you can justify that at all... so don't even try

Also the fact that you are behind a payway is mandatory and you must pay. this is also a fact and not opinion. Whether Deep Down will "block the players progress just so they have to pay to continue" is your opinion and a very large assumption.. massive in fact. Do you have any sources to back up these insane claims?

a web browser is the actual internet, its the epitome of being "online". so why wouldnt it be behind Live Gold smh -_- ??

as for Deep Down. deputy head of consumer games Yoshinori Ono explained :

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-free-to-play-game-deep-down-microtransaction-details/1100-6417510/

"The game Deep Down is provided free of charge, but players are required to pay for additional items and other game content,"

"The game Deep Down is provided free of charge, but players are required to pay for additional items and other game content,"

"required"

"to"

"pay"

"required"

is it more sane for you now?

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RedentSC

@tymeservesfate said:

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Gargus

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@unbiasedgamergs said:

a web browser is the actual internet, its the epitome of being "online". so why wouldnt it be behind Live Gold smh -_- ??

as for Deep Down. deputy head of consumer games Yoshinori Ono explained :

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-free-to-play-game-deep-down-microtransaction-details/1100-6417510/

"required"

"to"

"pay"

"required"

PS4 web browser aint behind a paywall... and thats the epitome of being online like you say.... Neither are apps like Netflix or BBC Iplayer. How about xbox? Payed for i hear... ohh does that feel good? Being charged when PC and PS4 get to skip that payment?

As for Deep Down... yes you are required to pay for additional items and content.... DLC... stuff we have had for years. Also we have no idea what this content actually is. So its a massive assumption to say its designed to "block players progress" and basically call it an insult to gaming. What it its stuff that just cosmetic?

Oh and bold text doesn't make me read it any more attentively... just makes you look stupid.....

but I love stupid people :D

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tymeservesfate

@RedentSC: that's Sony's decision, wtf? i'm just saying i can understand why. so its not a big deal to me.

listen, psn+ is required now on their next gen console...add along Music Unlimited, Playstation Now, and their TV app. which are optional yes. but most people want to get the most out of their system they can n will pony up the money. especially if they're watching Xboxers playing around their flashy Xbox ones and all its features behind its one paywall. with a Sony user buying into any ONE, just one, of these features along with mandatory PSN+ subscription, they are going to be paying more than lemmings will be this gen.

Sony has way more subscription apps OUTSIDE of the pay wall that cows will have to dish out money for to use. its a ploy. compared to Xbox Live Gold having 81 features behind its pay wall...the pay wall is a good thing that helps Xboxers from getting milked like Sony seems to be doing to its users now. if you look at it that way MS is taking care of its users more so with the one charge thing instead of splitting shii up and charging us for things and apps that could have just been behind PSN+.

i mean, who wouldnt rather pay once for 81 features than having to pay separate subscriptions for every little thing a company can think to charge you for, smh lol? are you using any common sense here?

and Capcom along with Sony(a money starved company) handling Deep Downs micro-transactions process is a scary thing. but yea, you go ahead and wait. i have a feeling you're waiting to see i'm right though.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I guess when you're starving for games like lems F2P PC ports from 2010 still counts as support lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Sony doesn't put F2P games behind PSN+.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tymeservesfate

@I_can_haz said:

I guess when you're starving for games like lems F2P PC ports from 2010 still counts as support lol.

cows are "hyped" for Planetside but lems maybe looking forward too World of Tanks is ridiculous to you -_-? really, stick to posting pictures fam. you and thinking don't really mix, smh lol.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

Isn't Planetside 2 coming to PS4? Pot meet kettle.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@tymeservesfate: I'd rather have my rental games that are actual recent games that given free games from 6+ years ago. To each his own

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tymeservesfate

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate: I'd rather have my rental games that are actual recent games that given free games from 6+ years ago. To each his own

go for it then. so far i download six games and havent finished two yet. so yea, go ahead...take your ten rentals. with how much you're on here i doubt you'll finish one of them. but hey, at least they're there for you...until u stop paying. mines will be there waiting for me though for whenever i decide to play them. while ur there making sure your subscription is up to date lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chutebox

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

go for it then. so far i download six games and havent finished two yet. so yea, go ahead...take your ten rentals. with how much you're on here i doubt you'll finish one of them. but hey, at least they're there for you...until u stop paying. mines will be there waiting for me though for whenever i decide to play them. while ur there making sure your subscription is up to date lol.

Cool beans. Enjoy the games everyone played 6 years ago. I'm sure they're still great! Thanks for worrying about my personal time too. Very nice of you.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

Cool beans. Enjoy the games everyone played 6 years ago. I'm sure they're still great! Thanks for worrying about my personal time too. Very nice of you.

i wasnt trying to insult you. i was just saying you spend more time on here than me and i barely finish a game or two. so it must be harder for you to it. i wasnt insulting your lifestyle though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Chutebox

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

i wasnt trying to insult you. i was just saying you spend more time on here than me and i barely finish a game or two. so it must be harder for you to it. i wasnt insulting your lifestyle though.

Nah, I'm really not on here THAT much. I used to be on here a shit load because I had a graveyard shift and was bored out of my mind. So most of my posts come from that period. Now I'm mostly on sports forum because this place is ridiculous.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tymeservesfate

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

Nah, I'm really not on here THAT much. I used to be on here a shit load because I had a graveyard shift and was bored out of my mind. So most of my posts come from that period. Now I'm mostly on sports forum because this place is ridiculous.

lol, i feel you. i took a break from posting here for a couple years. it just got to be, too much. so i just read the news off here instead of contributing, while posting in sports forums randomly too. u really can't overdose on this place, or shouldn't. but yea, glad u werent offended.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Totally free to play if you give Microsoft $60/year for XBL Gold.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#45 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

So I guess with topics like this we can now officially say PS+ games are free too. Fair is fair after all.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@clyde46
said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

Isn't Planetside 2 coming to PS4? Pot meet kettle.

and is anyone making forum topics bragging about it? Was anyone really caring about the multiple f2p games the ps4 already has? I've really only seen Deep Down get any notice and that's likely because nobody knows much about it save for it being a crapcom game.

Either way, the key difference here in titles is at least on the ps4, you don't need to pay a subscription to access the f2p games. That is unless you want to count everything one gets with ps+.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

seems MS still struggles with the 'FREE' part of the F2P concept

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Might as well check it out.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tymeservesfate

@Zaibach said:

seems MS still struggles with the 'FREE' part of the F2P concept

yea, both companies are struggling with their games it seems like:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/07/deep-down-delayed-after-the-summer-will-use-the-ps4s-full-power-wont-be-a-game-that-could-be-on-ps3/

by Producer Kazunori Sugiura

About Deep Down, I think we’ll give full fledged information to everyone after the summer, so you may have to wait for a little while beyond the launch [of PS4] on February 22nd.

Since we don’t want to risk to be told “This could have been done on PS3!” we want to finish a game that fully uses the PS4 hardware specs.

could have been done on the ps3...?? yikes! i guess MS's pay wall is for quality...and Sony's is for...um...profit.