Exogenesis, inspired by Ace Attorney & Zero Escape, PC

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4414 posts) -

Source

Has been fully funded on Kickstarter. Coming to PC (Windows, MAC and Linux). Not a fan personally, but many may be interested.

Inspired by Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games, Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~ is an ADVENTURE GAME/VISUAL NOVEL HYBRID which combines the point-and-click gameplay of adventure games with the heavy focus on storytelling found in visual novels.

#2 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

Funded part of this lol

#3 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2277 posts) -

Thanks for sharing . I love adventure games .

#4 Edited by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Funded part of this lol

Long as it's not like 999...:P

#5 Edited by mbrockway (3349 posts) -

I liked 999. Bought it after I found out it was the same group that did Ever17. Really liked that one. Nice WTF twists on that one. Wish they'd bring it to 3DS, I'd throw so much money at them.

#6 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3324 posts) -

Looks extremely boring.

#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

I like the visual style, but saying your game is like "insert popular game here" doesn't really mean much.

Are there any big names behind this ?

#8 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I like the visual style, but saying your game is like "insert popular game here" doesn't really mean much.

Are there any big names behind this ?

Danganronpa fans shouldn't have done that for its game. What a letdown that game was.

I don't know who's behind this game but I funded it because KOTARO UCHIKOSHI THE GOAT recommended doing so. Of course, he also recommended Danganronpa, what whatever.

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Danganronpa fans shouldn't have done that for its game. What a letdown that game was.

I don't know who's behind this game but I funded it because KOTARO UCHIKOSHI THE GOAT recommended doing so. Of course, he also recommended Danganronpa, what whatever.

Yeah, and danganronpa was also claimed to be like Ace Attorney :p

What didn't you like about Danganronpa ?

#10 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Blabadon said:

Yeah, and danganronpa was also claimed to be like Ace Attorney :p

What didn't you like about Danganronpa ?

I actually have a review for it that I hope is going up on Endlessbacklog.com soon.

I found it way too silly, tropey, and shallow for its own good. Out of the 15 characters, there were two or three that were actually well developed. Seeing the same puns, airheadness, and personas (or lack thereof) for the entire length of the visual novel is flat-out annoying.

I did like the gameplay though.

#11 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I actually have a review for it that I hope is going up on Endlessbacklog.com soon.

I found it way too silly, tropey, and shallow for its own good. Out of the 15 characters, there were two or three that were actually well developed. Seeing the same puns, airheadness, and personas (or lack thereof) for the entire length of the visual novel is flat-out annoying.

I did like the gameplay though.

I see. The ace attorney games have some characters that rely on the same traits a lot of times too, but I see how it can wear thin over the course of the game.

I still want to check out Dangangronpa but I just feel it's too expensive right now. I also bought Zero Escape not too long ago and I still need to play that first.

Oh, and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

Endless backlog, that's a good name :P

#12 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Danganronpa is a pretty easy skip in my eyes

Yo, you should totally join endlessbacklog.com, we'd so dig having you there

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@R4gn4r0k: Danganronpa is a pretty easy skip in my eyes

Yo, you should totally join endlessbacklog.com, we'd so dig having you there

I'll check out the site :)

#14 Edited by finalstar2007 (24885 posts) -

Im seeing a lot of Visuals Novels coming to the West these days which is good.

TC its also coming to Vita ( soon going to reach the stretch goal )

#15 Posted by finalstar2007 (24885 posts) -

Confirmed for PlayStation Vita congrats everyone!

looking forward to playing it on my Vita.. TC title needs insta edit

#16 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4414 posts) -

Confirmed for PlayStation Vita congrats everyone!

looking forward to playing it on my Vita.. TC title needs insta edit

Meh. Nobody cares about Vita >:D