E.X. Troopers(Capcom - PS3/3DS): website open and first trailer

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by laus_basic (8287 posts) -
website with the first trailer: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ext/index.html youtube: http://youtu.be/-Fvur6sobnM     - producer is Shintaro Kojima (Monster Hunter) - looks like a sci-fi rival school - anime style graphics in high school setting - comic style cutscenes like Gravity Rush, MGS: Peace Walker - might be connected with the Lost Planet serie but doesn't resemble it. more info: - will be playable at the Capcom Summer Jam event, which takes place June 30 and July 1 - game details the fight between the snow pirates and Akrid aliens on EDN-3rd - play as Bren Turner, a young man who's come to the academy from EDN-2nd - TeeKee is a female snow pirate who has the ability to communicate with the Akrid - Gingira has a Vital Suit that's loaded with next generation AI and can communicate with its pilot - Gingira calls Bren "Master" - EDN-3rd planet has three bases, each with unique traits - select one of these to serve as your base of operations - Bren comes from one base, other members of the academy come from different bases - story is told through "manga demo" cut scenes - considered a beginners' action shooter - game is currently 60% complete - Capcom is planning developments outside of games for the title
#2 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11204 posts) -

VERY weird combo, but Im interested. Highschool scifi shooter... wtf...

#3 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I don't understand the system choices, but ok.... I guess it could be interesting. Any word on cross platform matches? :P

#4 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

That's a weird choices of systems, but if it's good I guess it really doesn't matter.

#5 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -

looks like a sci-fi rival school .laus_basic

:o

you had me at Rival school.

#6 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Interesting...

PS3 and 3DS...clearly Capcom wants the Cows to get the console experience, the Sheep to get the handheld experience, and the Lemmings to get the 'no game' experience....:P

#7 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -

I don't understand the system choices, but ok.... I guess it could be interesting. Any word on cross platform matches? :P

nintendofreak_2
Doesn't seem that strange to me. This is a Japanese game from a Japanese publisher. The only two platforms that are healthy in Japan right now are 3DS and PS3.
#8 Posted by killa4lyfe (3849 posts) -

360 has no gamez. It needed to be said. Even Capcom knows not to release such epic games on 360 :P

#9 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

Shirokishi_

It's not a weird combo... what does the Playstation and Nintendo Handhelds have in common ? pretty weird sh!t is released for those systems from time to time that you usually don't hear about.

#10 Posted by laus_basic (8287 posts) -
first scans are up, nice and clean cel-shading there.
#11 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11204 posts) -

Doesnt look half bad, very clean. Assuming its a PS3 shot. Probably wont look half bad on the 3DS.

#12 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Well, the artstyle isn't skin-crawling. Could be good.

#13 Posted by Jankarcop (10187 posts) -

- anime style graphics in high school setting

tom-cruise-oprah-couch.jpg

#14 Posted by AdmiralBison (3970 posts) -

Interesting...

PS3 and 3DS...clearly Capcom wants the Cows to get the console experience, the Sheep to get the handheld experience, and the Lemmings to get the 'no game' experience....:P

GamerEye
It maybe fair to say Capcom may get the 'no sales' experience. However this seems more suited to Japanese tastes and Capcom may just be trying to captilise the most from dedicated handhelds and PS3 in Japan.
#15 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -
360 already being phased out. For shame.
#16 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

It sounds so weird, I can't help but love the idea. Lets hope it comes to the US and EU.

#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (25440 posts) -

And 360 continue to have no games :)

Scans:

ex_troopers_scan-2.jpg

ex_troopers_scan.jpg

#18 Posted by Kashiwaba (7456 posts) -

Weird combinationbut makes sense financial wise.

#19 Posted by Slashkice (13468 posts) -

That girl's outfit looks incredibly stupid.

As for the game, I'll need to see more. The Lost Planet universe doesn't interest me at all, but obviously they're going in a different direction here.

#20 Posted by lordreaven (7236 posts) -

- anime style graphics in high school setting

laus_basic

HOW ORIGINAL!

#21 Posted by Javos_25 (138 posts) -

Hopefully this marks the return of third party exclusives :). There was always much more quality when Capcom was developing exclusive games: Resident Evil 1-4, Okami, DmC 1-3, Onimusha series

#22 Posted by m_machine024 (15076 posts) -

- anime style graphics in high school settinglaus_basic
Never seen that before.... ignoring the couple hundreds anime who have that setting.

Could be good but so far, I'm not interested.

#23 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
I guess Capcom finally realised that lems don't like games. Just a matter of time before others follow them.
#24 Posted by sts106mat (20160 posts) -
I guess Capcom finally realised that lems don't like games. Just a matter of time before others follow them.kuraimen
I haven't bought a capcom game since resi 5. Capcom are a disgrace.
#25 Posted by RR360DD (12303 posts) -
LOL at cows getting excited over a Lost planet game.
#26 Posted by chaoz-king (5952 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I guess Capcom finally realised that lems don't like games. Just a matter of time before others follow them.sts106mat

Yeah wasn't everyone here like boycotting Capcom a month ago now its all woow new Capcom game.
#27 Posted by themajormayor (25949 posts) -
CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE
#28 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22156 posts) -

ps vita gets no love :(

#29 Posted by laus_basic (8287 posts) -
updated OP with more info
#30 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28452 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]I guess Capcom finally realised that lems don't like games. Just a matter of time before others follow them.chaoz-king

Yeah wasn't everyone here like boycotting Capcom a month ago now its all woow new Capcom game.

its not coming to the 360 so you can expect it, since I don't buy capcom games anymore only rent them or get em once they hit below 19 dollars, I'm not really interested in this.
#31 Posted by Chemical_Viking (2145 posts) -
Capcom? So half the game locked away on the disc followed by a Super edition for half the price months down the road. No thanks.
#32 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Joedgabe

It's not a weird combo... what does the Playstation and Nintendo Handhelds have in common ?

OpenGL ES 1.1

#33 Posted by laus_basic (8287 posts) -
website now open with the first trailer: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ext/index.html youtube: http://youtu.be/-Fvur6sobnM
#34 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Japanese devs clearly take much bigger risks than western devs. Most western devs will just try to make a shooter similar to COD or Gears. This is why we need japanese devs in the industry to prevent it to get stuck around money in the style of Hollywood.
#35 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11204 posts) -

shockedawesome-1.gif
Looks better than I expected. Alot better.

#36 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

Andriasang has an article that provides pictures and information of the main characters.

#37 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34205 posts) -

Are all the girls supposed to look completely stupid or something?

#38 Posted by groverslanding (948 posts) -

Capcom wanta nothing to do with Vita :lol:

#39 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

This is a Lost Planet game? Interesting, but it looks great.

#40 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

This is a Lost Planet game? Interesting, but it looks great.

Wanderer5

It is an off-shoot of the series.

#41 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

I doubt this game will be released outside of Japan. And what's wrong with Japan and their obsession with teenage dudes/gals with superpower pwning evil organizations?

#42 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Looks interesting. If it comes to America I'll deffiently be getting it.

#43 Posted by lordreaven (7236 posts) -

Are all the girls supposed to look completely stupid or something?

DJ-Lafleur
It's anime, so looking stupid is one criteria that's need.
#44 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (10009 posts) -

Not really digging the whole generic anime characters.

#45 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

I doubt this game will be released outside of Japan. And what's wrong with Japan and their obsession with teenage dudes/gals with superpower pwning evil organizations?

rjdofu

It's a fun concept imo. Granted, it's been done before, but that doesn't stop me from being interested in it.

#46 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11204 posts) -

rjdofu

Wrong? You dont like it so its wrong? :?
Japan prefers bubbly, cutesy artstyles and teens overcoming obstacles while America prefers grey, mature games with caucasian, short hair, middle aged men shooting/killing things. To each their own.

#47 Posted by xhawk27 (7390 posts) -

Japan can keep this crap. It'll be a PSN game that last for about two hours or less.

The 360 only gets full games! :cool:

#48 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26755 posts) -

Is this like a different universe of lost planet or the same one form 1&2? I will say the game looks entertaining.

#49 Posted by DNAbro (377 posts) -

Japan can keep this crap. It'll be a PSN game that last for about two hours or less.

xhawk27

Sarcasm? or are you not aware that that XBLA exists? and the fact that this is a full release game and also releasing on 3DS

#50 Posted by xhawk27 (7390 posts) -

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

DNAbro

Sarcasm? or are you not aware that that XBLA exists? and the fact that this is a full release game and also releasing on 3DS

Yes I am aware of XBLA and most games on it last for more than two hours. ;)