Evolve Alpha First on Xbox One Oct.30th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Your first chance to play the new game from the creators of Left 4 Dead will come this Halloween, as the Xbox One gets a 24 hour exclusive.

Xbox One gamers will get an extra day to play the alpha of much fancied co-op shooter Evolve, as access to the game is set to begin from October 30.

Limited access to the closed alpha test will then be available on PlayStation 4 and PC from October 31. It’s not clear what ‘limited access’ actually means in this context, but the only sign-up page to join the alpha is currently for the Xbox One here.

‘A limited number of codes will also be made available elsewhere’, which will no doubt mean that they’ll be given out a random on the Evolve Blog, Facebook page, and Twitter.

However, if you’re already pre-ordered the game (or do so before October 21) then you’ll automatically go to the front of the queue and are guaranteed access.

‘The incredible reactions from early Evolve players have exceeded our highest expectations, but we still have a lot of hard work ahead of us in the coming months,’ says Turtle Rock’s Chris Ashton.

‘We need to stress test the servers and the matchmaking system, look at balance, unlock rates, etc. The alpha test is not fully representative of the final product, but it’s our chance to see what the game looks like in the real world, and we will test again in the open beta for Evolve exclusively for Xbox One in January 2015. The data gathered in the tests will help make Evolve the best that it can possibly be when it launches on February 10, 2015.’

Like most people we’ve been very impressed by what we’ve seen of the game so far, most recently at Gamescom in August. The premise is similar to Left 4 Dead, in that it’s a first person shooter where four players have to team-up and work together. But instead of hordes of zombies you’re facing off against one giant monster controlled by another player.

Man if this is better or as good as Left 4 Dead I'm going to be very excited. We haven't really had much info or hands-on with the game and bit now we can see how bad or good it is with the Alpha.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

lol white, gets dirty way too easy. it looks better in black so it can blend in with everything else, in white u get to truly see how hideous it looks

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

There's already a thread on this

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TigerSuperman

^no.

Hearing rumors that Xbox Users who pre-order and get the guaranteed code can use that code on the PS4 or PC Alphas waiting on verification on that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib

@TigerSuperman said:

^no.

Hearing rumors that Xbox Users who pre-order and get the guaranteed code can use that code on the PS4 or PC Alphas waiting on verification on that.

You edited the entire thread, jackass.

This was originally a thread you made about the white MCC X1 bundle, hence the first comment :

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol white, gets dirty way too easy. it looks better in black so it can blend in with everything else, in white u get to truly see how hideous it looks

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heil68  Online
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

1 day? lol

@davillain- said:

LOL lostrib got you good TC.

Foiled again. Reported for good measure.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TigerSuperman

@lostrib said:

I am aware I changed it. I changed it because it was old. OK.....

@Heil68 said:

1 day? lol

Well, that can be pretty significant in terms of getting coverage. Also, if the rumor of being able to use codes on XB on PS4 and PC are true this could be a good deal all around.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib

@TigerSuperman said:

@lostrib said:

I am aware I changed it. I changed it because it was old. OK.....

No, you're still a jackass

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

white. black. alpha. beta. gamma.

i don't care. i'm just trying to make a point here. blaaaaaaaaaam this piece of crap.

PS - the only reson, i'm giving this a one ... is beacauase ... there voices where pretty good. but that's it!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@TigerSuperman said:

Man if this is better or as good as Left 4 Dead I'm going to be very excited. We haven't really had much info or hands-on with the game and bit now we can see how bad or good it is with the Alpha.

I actually played it in the closed alpha on the PC a couple months back. Its fun but not as good as L4D2, versus mode in that game had cooperation on both sides whereas in this the monster is alone. Also in l4d versus there was more focus/direction to matches since the survivors had to get to the end of a level and the infected had to stop them. This is just running around until one team dies, or very occasionally when the monster destroys the objective.

Also playing as the survivors at the start of many games can be quite slow as you run around trying to find the monster. The monster is very fragile at the start so it is best to just run away which makes things pretty dull for the other team.

The game has potential but it needed a lot of work, I'll be interested to see how things are coming along once this alpha hits.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghostwarrior786

@with_teeth26 said:
@TigerSuperman said:

I actually played it in the closed alpha on the PC a couple months back. Its fun but not as good as L4D2, versus mode in that game had cooperation on both sides whereas in this the monster is alone.

Also playing as the survivors at the start of many games can be quite slow as you run around trying to find the monster. The monster is very fragile at the start so it is best to just run away which makes things pretty dull for the other team.

The game has potential but it needed a lot of work, I'll be interested to see how things are coming along once this alpha hits.

thats going to be tough to balance and not fun because the game virtually play out the same way for the first 2 levels while the monster powers up. might be more fun to just pit a fully powered monster vs a team right from the get go

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@lostrib said:

@TigerSuperman said:

^no.

This was originally a thread you made about the white MCC X1 bundle, hence the first comment :

@ghostwarrior786 said:

LOL. Busted.

Make a new thread next time, lol.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#14 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@with_teeth26 said:
@TigerSuperman said:

I actually played it in the closed alpha on the PC a couple months back. Its fun but not as good as L4D2, versus mode in that game had cooperation on both sides whereas in this the monster is alone.

thats going to be tough to balance and not fun because the game virtually play out the same way for the first 2 levels while the monster powers up. might be more fun to just pit a fully powered monster vs a team right from the get go

even then I dont see how they are going to make a full price game out of this idea. Seems better suited for like a budget MP game.

For 25 bucks you can get Natural Selection 2 which has way more depth than Evolve could dream of having and a lot of the same cat/mouse gameplay and evolving alien progression.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ghostwarrior786

@with_teeth26 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@with_teeth26 said:
@TigerSuperman said:

even then I dont see how they are going to make a full price game out of this idea. Seems better suited for like a budget MP game.

For 25 bucks you can get Natural Selection 2 which has way more depth than Evolve could dream of having and a lot of the same cat/mouse gameplay and evolving alien progression.

yeah no way in hell i pay full price for this, probably check it out when it hits steam sales under £10 but with only 1 gamemode only so much u can do

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Can't remember if I already entered my code or not. I know I preordered the game awhile back. I'll have to check my receipt.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Oh my god..."alpha" test. Give me a break.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Didn't pc already get first access to this?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

as someone who was in the PC alpha, technically PC got it first ;)

also big deal, 1 day lol

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Didn't pc already get first access to this?

Yes, we had the first alpha over a month ago for longer than a day. It was a weekend or so.

@TigerSuperman does not have his facts straight.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

This game will be on PS4.?

Odd MS claim it is an exclusive..

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@tormentos said:

This must be the 600th time you've posted this tweet, despite being fully aware they corrected themselves after.

Seriously?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Gaming is better with an Xbox One.

The season of games is almost upon us.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lostrib

@tormentos said:

hasn't playstation made similar mistakes?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

"Alpha 1st on Xbox One"?

Funny.., I could've sworn I've already participated in the Alpha test months ago on another platform.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

24 whole hours. Dem deep MS pockets. It's so bad @RR360DD is white knighting for them.

So is this the next overhyped MS-associated shooter?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

24 whole hours. Dem deep MS pockets. It's so bad @RR360DD is white knighting for them.

So is this the next overhyped MS-associated shooter?

could be, probably will be better than that Sony associated shooter destiny

After the last year I think everyone's going to be sceptical of the "BELIEVE THE HYPE" press gubbins

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Turtle Rock really needs to organize their gameplay philosophy.... Evolve is freaking Chaos.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos

@lostrib said:

Do you have the proof i would happily accept it,if the game say exclusive on PS4.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

Surely not.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

Surely not.

I seem to recall Sony caught using FM3 footage advertising for GT5 right here on GS... anyone else recall that one. :P

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

Surely not.

I seem to recall Sony caught using FM3 footage advertising for GT5 right here on GS... anyone else recall that one. :P

Didn't Sony also have a FM screenshot on their Facebook banner once?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice  Online

@clyde46:

Yup, yup, I remember hearing about that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

MS did the same thing using Killzone SF on their facebook page...hahaha

This are 3 games 2 of them very popular and been call exclusive that isn't a mistake that was made up,and it wasn't fan made.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

24 hour time exclusive! GAME OVER BROS! This gen is done.

No seriously, this time exclusive shit is getting sadder and sadder.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice  Online

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

MS did the same thing using Killzone SF on their facebook page...hahaha

This are 3 games 2 of them very popular and been call exclusive that isn't a mistake that was made up,and it wasn't fan made.

So umm, yeah, you now agree they both do it... freakin backtracker hahahahaha :P

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@tormentos said:

ahahahahahaha.