Evil within is gonna FLOP!

• 99 results
#1 Edited by soapandbubbles (3082 posts) -

I'll quote someone:

"Shinji Mikami's brand of survival horror doesn't age very well... Robotic/emotionless protagonist (He doesn't react in any way when bitten at 4:50), stiff animations, clunky movement, boring combat, questionable AI, and that god awful frame rate. The only good things I can see are the textures, lighting effects, and overall ambiance"

...but even the graphics/art direction don't look impressive.

But that isn't it, for the 3rd time they have added another chainsaw wielding maniac (how original) on top of that, one of the bosses it seems carries a safe box over his head wrapped in barbed wire (you serious?) are they trying that hard to make another pyramid head? the a.i/enemies almost exactly react to that of Resident evil 4...ala the villages. No aggressive/fast A.I but more brain dead enemies..that just adds NO tension or difficulty when wielding upgradeable powerful weaponry. and thats another thing...upgrades. you sit in a f'en chair and put this device on your head. You can now upgrade your sprint time (lol) and melee attack as well as your health (you stab yourself with syringes throughout the game, lol) why do we need this in a survival horror games with such poor and weak A.I? (or at all)

You can also now magically light these zombie wannabes on fire when on the ground without any fuel source (which just looks stupid, you just throw a match at them). As for the scare factor..the game seems to only rely heavily on blood/gore...as well as hallucinations (taking u from one spot and randomly to another which is plain annoying). This game has NO sense of realism, tension or scare from what's been shown so far..the main character shows little emotion to anything but instead sounds like another tough guy doing his job.

IMO this game has trouble in not knowing what type of horror it wants to be, but instead borrows a lot of elements into one..silent hill, resident evil, Saw, texas chainsaw massacre, etc. The Last of US has this game beat in every aspect (besides being less of a horror game) the gameplay can even be compared as evil within is still an action game and similar in some areas (shooting and stealth).

So please tell me (besides Shinji Mikami being the father of survival) what makes this game so appealing to the die hard survival horror fans?

#2 Posted by sukraj (22826 posts) -

No matter what score it gets I'm still going to buy it.

#3 Edited by remiks00 (1877 posts) -

Day 1

#4 Posted by soapandbubbles (3082 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Day 1

because of the previous resident evil games, right?

#5 Posted by IamAdorable (402 posts) -

People are so torn about this game. I have seen some people love it. And others hate it.
Do want though :p

#6 Edited by superbuuman (2852 posts) -

Release day buy. Don't give a crap about TLOU this & TLOU that etc bla bla bla...if every game is that gonna get compared to TLOU might as well not play anything. :P

#7 Edited by soapandbubbles (3082 posts) -

now we have some brain dead posters...cute. Anyways...this game seriously looks like a first gen PS3 game.

#8 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

@IamAdorable: Marmite the game?

#9 Posted by humanistpotato (533 posts) -

2SPOOK4ME

#10 Edited by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

I have been following it due to Mikami. I hope he delivers. I follow developers and I own all his directed games, although admittedly I didn't enjoy product number 03 back in 2003.

#11 Posted by IamAdorable (402 posts) -
@edwardecl said:

Marmite the game?

Yes, it could be the Marmite of video gaming :D

#12 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3352 posts) -

If it was PS4 exclusive , it would've been "Greatest survival horror game eva" .

On topic : I hope it is good because I really like survival horror games . But nothing will make me happier than announcement of Alan Wake 2 .

#13 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4767 posts) -

You almost got me until you mentioned TLOU :roll:

#14 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2693 posts) -

I am waiting for the complete edition to go on sale.They lost me when they decided to pull that dlc season pass crap.

#15 Posted by Flubbbs (3099 posts) -

day 1

#16 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13158 posts) -

Ah Yes... Another person bitching about Realism in games. But yeah... This game is in Dire need of Some CO-OP ! ! !

#17 Edited by Effec_Tor (294 posts) -

Day 3 buy for sure

#18 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17667 posts) -

MEH....

#19 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

Old build.

The final game will be amazing

#20 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1962 posts) -

Does this game have online mode? Co op survival?

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13158 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi

Lets hope so.

#22 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@sukraj said:

No matter what score it gets I'm still going to buy it.

#23 Edited by clone01 (24767 posts) -

I'm personally looking forward to it. I posted about an hour of gameplay from Bethesda about 2 days ago. Looked like a pretty slick survival horror game to me.

#24 Posted by ooole (26 posts) -

Can we please wait for the dem game to be released before making a judgement? thanks in advance...

#25 Posted by clone01 (24767 posts) -

@ooole said:

Can we please wait for the dem game to be released before making a judgement? thanks in advance...

What's a "dem" game :P

#26 Edited by Senor_Kami (8411 posts) -

I think it will be extremely lucky to sell 2 million copies. I hope it's made on a budget where 1 or 2 million in sales is enough to profit.

#27 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17737 posts) -

Not gonna lie. It seems so.

#28 Posted by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

I played this at SDCC and it's alright. I personally haven't seen any hype for this game so I doubt it'll flop. The stealth part reminds me of Last of Us but I think Evil can get more intense. If you like horror you're gonna enjoy the game.

#29 Edited by gamefan67 (9895 posts) -

Not a day one buy for me but I am interested in picking it up.

#30 Posted by ni6htmare01 (955 posts) -

Looks pretty nice! Why will it flop? What is it hype as? AAA?? AA?? or A?

#31 Posted by Ballroompirate (22930 posts) -

Don't care, buying it day one

#32 Posted by jdc6305 (3881 posts) -

I was planning on purchasing it day one but since they announced a season pass I'm waiting till it's dirt cheap used.

#33 Posted by Krelian-co (10991 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Don't care, buying it day one

#34 Posted by jg4xchamp (48158 posts) -

Because I'm genuinely curious to see if Shinji Mikami's time is done, or if he still has some tricks up his sleeve.

I actually agree it does look like he's taken way too animations from Resident Evil 4 in hopes to recreate his best game, but I don't think you can nail the pacing and excellent encounter design of that game twice. Regardless I'd rather take a chance on this, then a lot of the other triple A titles around the same time.

#35 Edited by RR360DD (11956 posts) -

Your opening post just made the game sound even more awesome.

Thanks for helping confirm my decision to buy it on release.

#36 Edited by SimplyFatal (1076 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

If it was PS4 exclusive , it would've been "Greatest survival horror game eva" .

On topic : I hope it is good because I really like survival horror games . But nothing will make me happier than release of Witcher 3 .

Fixed to my liking :P

#37 Edited by Alcapello (949 posts) -

Day 1.

#38 Edited by Roler42 (752 posts) -

"realism"

I stopped reading after that word

#39 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26510 posts) -

Old build. Though even for and old build it still looks pretty cool.

#40 Posted by ominous_titan (720 posts) -

whats the hype at ? looks decent enough from what ive seen to satisfy horror fans. ill probably pick it up at some point but ill be messing with Diablo3 and Destiny for a while first

#41 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1962 posts) -

@jdc6305 said:

I was planning on purchasing it day one but since they announced a season pass I'm waiting till it's dirt cheap used.

pass for what? Multiplayer addition? if just adding single player level, meh...

#42 Posted by BilkeLegenda (1933 posts) -

I disagree with TC, while I can agree with one or two points such as same animation as RE4, the game looks great. If all that criticism was legit then RE4 was one of the worst games ever, especially the REs that came before. I doubt this game will be a blockbuster, survival horror games are rarely ever blockbusters, but this game will be "hidden gem" as they say, just like The first Dead Space. Personally I hope it does really well. Got it paid off, not happy about season pass but I'll still get it prolly.

#43 Posted by M8ingSeezun (2003 posts) -

Doesn't look that interesting to me or fun, especially with those controls. I love RE4, playing it right now on PS2, but holy shit, RE5 and RE6 sucked harder than a $5 Prostitute.

#44 Posted by airshocker (29697 posts) -

Woof. If you guys had seen the playable demo at PAX East you would be as unimpressed with the game as I was.

I would wait on reviews if you have any interest in getting the game.

#45 Posted by AM-Gamer (3938 posts) -

Most of the previews have been very positive.

#46 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1203 posts) -

@soapandbubbles: I have the same feeling.

#47 Posted by p3anut (5916 posts) -

I'm gonna get it when Steam has it on special, probably during the christmas sales.

#48 Posted by majadamus (10239 posts) -

I need blood...

#49 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13158 posts) -

@M8ingSeezun

Really ? Better Gameplay sucks now ? Thats some logic you got there...

#50 Posted by elektrixx (2572 posts) -

Sure. I don't know anything about it so it must be worthless.