Everyone votes - new wii channel

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
anyone seen this, pretty cool.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
no, no its not.  Its pretty pointless.
Dr_Evil_PhD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dr_Evil_PhD
Member since 2006 • 1507 Posts

no, no its not.  Its pretty pointless.Brown52

it's free, so stop whining.

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
.... then don't download it. Its free, its something to do for about 5 minutes a day, its about community.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
It's pretty cool. We voted last night. We'll see how many people vote and how cool it actually is.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brown52

[QUOTE="Brown52"]no, no its not. Its pretty pointless.Dr_Evil_PhD

how am I whining?  He said it was "pretty cool" and guess what, its not.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Evil_PhD"]

[QUOTE="Brown52"]no, no its not. Its pretty pointless.Brown52

how am I whining? He said it was "pretty cool" and guess what, its not.

But it is. :D
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature.  How about less channels & more good games???
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 magus-21
I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???ColoradoKindBud
How about realizing that the team that makes the channels has nothing to do with making games, and stopping the channels wouldn't help at all in creating new games anyway?
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ColoradoKindBud

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21
How about realizing that the team that makes the channels has nothing to do with making games, and stopping the channels wouldn't help at all in creating new games anyway?

I realize that channels & games have nothing to do with each other, I'm just trying to make a point here.  More good games & less BS features would be appreciated.

magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 magus-21

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???ColoradoKindBud

I realize that channels & games have nothing to do with each other, I'm just trying to make a point here. More good games & less BS features would be appreciated.

I don't think you're getting it. More features =/= fewer good games. The two are completely mutually exclusive. I'd rather have both than just have one.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hyruledweller
woo, some ppl on here are pathetic. it is cool and free, and ninty are doing this 2 start 2 build an online community. and why do people say the wii has no good games, it took the 360 over a year 2 start 2 get good games.
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21

I realize that channels & games have nothing to do with each other, I'm just trying to make a point here. More good games & less BS features would be appreciated.

I don't think you're getting it. More features =/= fewer good games. The two are completely mutually exclusive. I'd rather have both than just have one.

I agree with you there, both would be good.  And I do get it, I'm just saying that more channels with pointless features isn't going to make me like my Wii more, but more good games will.

magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 magus-21
woo, some ppl on here are pathetic. it is cool and free, and ninty are doing this 2 start 2 build an online community. and why do people say the wii has no good games, it took the 360 over a year 2 start 2 get good games.hyruledweller
Stop using numbers in place of single-syllable words, then people may start to take you seriously.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brown52
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21

there are hundreds of other better features you can put your time and energy into online besides making a poll asking what is your favorite part about valentines day. And no, its not a cool feature.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
.... then don't download it. Its free, its something to do for about 5 minutes a day, its about community. Goten_king
I love polls. This sounds awesome.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
woo, some ppl on here are pathetic. it is cool and free, and ninty are doing this 2 start 2 build an online community. and why do people say the wii has no good games, it took the 360 over a year 2 start 2 get good games.hyruledweller

umm...Oblivion ring a bell, how about GRAW...
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???Brown52

How about pulling your head out of your *** and realizing there are hundreds of other better features you can put your time and energy into online besides making a poll asking what is your favorite part about valentines day.

How about you STFU and realize that this is the only system currently implemented on ANY of the three consoles that allows the parent company to communicate directly with and receive accurate feedback from its userbase. Think it's just limited to asking everyone's favorite color? That has more to do with your limited imagination than Nintendo screwing up its priorities (which it certainly hasn't done).
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hyruledweller
[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]woo, some ppl on here are pathetic. it is cool and free, and ninty are doing this 2 start 2 build an online community. and why do people say the wii has no good games, it took the 360 over a year 2 start 2 get good games.magus-21
Stop using numbers in place of single-syllable words, then people may start to take you seriously.

this is a games forum not some english class
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Brown52
[QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21

realizing there are hundreds of other better features you can put your time and energy into online besides making a poll asking what is your favorite part about valentines day.

How about you STFU and realize that this is the only system currently implemented on ANY of the three consoles that allows the parent company to communicate directly with and receive accurate feedback from its userbase.

Ok, your right, parent company's have never gotten direct accurate feedback from its userbase on their thought about valentines day.  Oh, but they have about important things such as what type of games you like, so you fail.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="hyruledweller"]woo, some ppl on here are pathetic. it is cool and free, and ninty are doing this 2 start 2 build an online community. and why do people say the wii has no good games, it took the 360 over a year 2 start 2 get good games.hyruledweller

this is a games forum not some english class

I was making a statement of fact. Writing like a dyslexic doesn't help you get any support for your side in a discussion.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???Brown52

realizing there are hundreds of other better features you can put your time and energy into online besides making a poll asking what is your favorite part about valentines day.

How about you STFU and realize that this is the only system currently implemented on ANY of the three consoles that allows the parent company to communicate directly with and receive accurate feedback from its userbase.

Ok, your right, parent company's have never gotten direct accurate feedback from its userbase on their thought about valentines day.

Think it's just limited to asking superficial questions? That has more to do with your limited imagination than Nintendo screwing up its priorities (which it certainly hasn't done).
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#23 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
I am not bothered, i just wish they would release a music channel and stuff that people will find more useful. Who knows though this could potentially be used to Nintendo's advantage.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tylendal
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???Brown52

Ok, your right, parent company's have never gotten direct accurate feedback from its userbase on their thought about valentines day.  Oh, but they have about important things such as what type of games you like, so you fail.

They need to make it interesting for people, so more people will vote when they ask important questions.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 magus-21
I am not bothered, i just wish they would release a music channel and stuff that people will find more useful. Who knows though this could potentially be used to Nintendo's advantage. meischris39
Like I said, it could be an invaluable customer service tool. It's the only service that allows direct interaction between company and customer. It may be only limited interaction, but it's better than nothing, and it's right at your fingertips. Don't be surprised if future polls include questions posted from developers to consumers asking for game suggestions or improvements that could be applied to future sequels.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Brown52
[QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21

Ok, your right, parent company's have never gotten direct accurate feedback from its userbase on their thought about valentines day.

Think it's just limited to asking superficial questions? That has more to do with your limited imagination than Nintendo screwing up its priorities (which it certainly hasn't done).

Ouch, it hurts when you make fun of my imagination.  Even though your previous statement is still ********.  Here, I'll remind you what you said.
"[Nintendo] is the only system currently implemented on ANY of the three consoles that allows the parent company to communicate directly with and receive accurate feedback from its userbase."
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???Brown52

Ouch, it hurts when you make fun of my imagination. Even though your previous statement is still ********. Here, I'll remind you what you said.
"[Nintendo] is the only system currently implemented on ANY of the three consoles that allows the parent company to communicate directly with and receive accurate feedback from its userbase."

How is that ********? It's perfectly valid, and it's entirely true.
Dr_Evil_PhD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dr_Evil_PhD
Member since 2006 • 1507 Posts

lol, I can't believe people have already started a flame war....and over a free wii channel. :lol: 

system wars = amusing

Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brown52
How is that ********? It's perfectly valid, and it's entirely true.magus-21

If you honestly believe that, then I feel sorry for you. 
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#30 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
It's free It's cool to alot of folks, and you are not required to participate. It takes nothing away from the system or game development. It is a good thing.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
[QUOTE="Warfust"]It's free It's cool to alot of folks, and you are not required to participate. It takes nothing away from the system or game development. It is a good thing.

Agreed, I was pleasently suprised and I'm actually interesting to see how the voting goes. It's all bout community if you ask me
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"]How is that ********? It's perfectly valid, and it's entirely true.Brown52

You know I'm right, li'l brownie. It's standard practice for service companies to implement methods for collecting user feedback and public opinion, but too often those mechanisms are either hidden behind layers of separation (e.g. feedback forms) or are too limited in scope because they have to be manually conducted (focus groups). In either case, they are limited in effectiveness. The Votes channel allows Nintendo to directly query its entire userbase whenever they need to. And by disguising a potentially invaluable customer service feature for internal use as a lighthearted extra feature, they can make the process of feedback collection seamless to the overall "Wii experience" for the end user. To the end user, it's no different than those polls that GameSpot or IGN have, except that THESE polls could have very real and very positive consequences because it's actually a major game developer that's collecting the information and not a simple news site.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Warfust"]It's free It's cool to alot of folks, and you are not required to participate. It takes nothing away from the system or game development. It is a good thing.

It can even add to the system and game development eventually. They lure people in with fun polls, and occasionally throw in one that is serious, for the development of a game. Besides, I like polls.
Lanfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lanfeix
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

I want the demo channel :(dont care if its for DS or Wii or both I want a demo channel)

I want a wi-fi channel which tells me which of my freind are online (DS and Wii) aslo with leader boards, so on and if I have activated it in my wii allow me to talk to strangers   (i know this wont come out until online games are out)

The everyone votes channel is mildly amuzing but it realy shows what Nintendo think of the online system, all about content, but Its lonely for every one. If the channel is done right it could attauly effect your games like if you like cat and not dogs you get a dog as a pet in a game instead of a dog. if you voted every one else will like dogs they all have dogs (or at least most of them).

Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Brown52
[QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"]How is that ********? It's perfectly valid, and it's entirely true.magus-21

You know I'm right, li'l brownie. It's standard practice for service companies to implement methods for collecting user feedback and public opinion, but too often those mechanisms are either hidden behind layers of separation (e.g. feedback forms) or are too limited in scope because they have to be manually conducted (focus groups). In either case, they are limited in effectiveness. The Votes channel allows Nintendo to directly query its entire userbase whenever they need to. And by disguising a potentially invaluable customer service feature for internal use as a lighthearted extra feature, they can make the process of feedback collection seamless to the overall "Wii experience" for the end user. To the end user, it's no different than those polls that GameSpot or IGN have, except that THESE polls could have very real and very positive consequences because it's actually a major game developer that's collecting the information and not a simple news site.

I'm tired of arguing with dumb fanboys. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
You can even suggest future polls, so you can ask questions that Nintendo will see and everyone will vote on. That = cool.
ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

Would developers stop churning out games that suck if 98% of the polls want them to?

Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
That's really lame.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"]How is that ********? It's perfectly valid, and it's entirely true.Brown52

I'm tired of arguing with dumb fanboys.

Funny, I feel the same way.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Maybe nintendo will use the polls on the voting channel to see what gamers want from the online service? I just created a poll regarding the use of either a central friend code..or having firend codes for each game. I'm sure the central FC idea will win by a ....but I really want nintendo to notice that little poll of mine and make some revisions to their online strategy
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
It's a nice little addition.Polls are fun to do and everyone likes to see the results.And it's free.If you don't like it,then don't download it.
Lanfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lanfeix
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

I wonder how many people have sent this question or a question like this

Question: Is it cool to meet/play people Online

Answer 1: No

Answer 2: I am playing a Nintendo console, go figure...

Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#43 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
I havent updated my Wii console yet (going to on the weekend when i mooch of my friends internet) but it sounds like a waste of space on the wii, and sounds pretty stupid. Something that would be entertaining for a while, but then just stupid.
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
Meh..better than Weater and News IMO..
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

Ok, your right, parent company's have never gotten direct accurate feedback from its userbase on their thought about valentines day. Oh, but they have about important things such as what type of games you like, so you fail.

Bu bu, teh N1ntedo neva makes a mstake day are teh innovatorz! :o
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 magus-21
[QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???hellzhitman

Ok, your right, parent company's have never gotten direct accurate feedback from its userbase on their thought about valentines day. Oh, but they have about important things such as what type of games you like, so you fail.

You don't think much, do you?
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hellzhitman
[QUOTE="hellzhitman"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21

Oh, I don't? What do you base this on? Seeing how humans in general are thinking every second of their lives, and I've been alive for fifteen damn years; I'd have to say I think quite a bit...
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
I'm convinced Nintendo will be using this for marketing somehow...
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="hellzhitman"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???hellzhitman

Oh, I don't? What do you base this on? Seeing how humans in general are thinking every second of their lives, and I've been alive for fifteen damn years; I'd have to say I think quite a bit...

Fifteen years old, hm? I don't think I need to say anything else. That speaks for itself.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hellzhitman
[QUOTE="hellzhitman"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="hellzhitman"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="Brown52"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]I guess I'm whining then, because it's yet another worthless feature. How about less channels & more good games???magus-21

Fifteen years old, hm? I don't think I need to say anything else. That speaks for itself.

Well, I say there is nothing more for a stereo-typing idiot like you.