Everyone so negative. Many games released have fun damn it!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 0

#1 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Seriously. I look at every thread in here nowadays and it's all bashing , negative press, or false rumors. This place has always had that to a degree but there have been a number of people who used to praise stuff too. It seems as of late only the people who are left here are people with agendas or just want to troll.

Example... A number of games came out in the last few weeks, some got "Good" scores like 7s and there are fools in these threads saying "This game sucks, it's a flop..not buying..etc etc..." yet it's just one person's opinion. There are 100s of reviews on the internet and most games get a wide gamut of scores.

I am still going to buy Far Cry 4, Gta5, Dragon Age, LBP3, and AC: Unity... for my ps4.. And am still enjoying Wasteland 2 and Samurai warriors 4 on my PC and vita.

So what if games get average scores here.. Is that any reason to not buy and play them. Why do people feel all games need a 9 or higher. I never got that logic. it's so dumb. Thank god the real world isn't as jaded as you people.

Why are people like this. Why do they get pleasure bashing stuff. Or wanting games to fail? Seriously I see people celebrating games getting bad reviews or calling 7's a bad game...wtf!!!

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

video game ratings are all that exist. we play them (and sales) here.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

I had quite a lot of fun just on Bayonetta 2.

10/10....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

You know what was a good flop...TLOU :P

I think people are just annoyed that there's been a string of buggy/less than stellar releases, combined with the usual SW bullshit

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

Seriously.

Stopped reading here.

We don't seriously serious our serious posts, we instead de-serious our serioused serious seriousioty seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I will have fun with games when they are released as games, not cynical, glorified beta tests that I have to pay for. No major game released on consoles this year qualifies outside of one or two exceptions, and those games I was not interested in.

Thankfully, the grass is much greener on the PC and Nintendo side, where i have been having fun all this year with games like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Hearthstone, and Civilization: Beyond Earth. If I had just owned a PS4 or an Xbox One, though, I would have probably sworn off gaming by now.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dibdibdobdobo

@funsohng: We need more series posts. Wheres that good old Joker pic?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Ratings don't mean shit, MGS4 got 10/10 and it was void of fun, probably the worst game I played all gen.

Whereas something like Lost Planet 2, or Dead Island, were both glitch ridden garbage that were still loads of fun greater than that 10/10 piece of shit.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

@Midnightshade29:

cleary you have shit taste in games. go step on a lego or something.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@Dibdibdobdobo said:

@funsohng: We need more series posts. Wheres that good old Joker pic?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

Seriously. I look at every thread in here nowadays and it's all bashing , negative press, or false rumors. This place has always had that to a degree but there have been a number of people who used to praise stuff too. It seems as of late only the people who are left here are people with agendas or just want to troll.

Example... A number of games came out in the last few weeks, some got "Good" scores like 7s and there are fools in these threads saying "This game sucks, it's a flop..not buying..etc etc..." yet it's just one person's opinion. There are 100s of reviews on the internet and most games get a wide gamut of scores.

I am still going to buy Far Cry 4, Gta5, Dragon Age, LBP3, and AC: Unity... for my ps4.. And am still enjoying Wasteland 2 and Samurai warriors 4 on my PC and vita.

So what if games get average scores here.. Is that any reason to not buy and play them. Why do people feel all games need a 9 or higher. I never got that logic. it's so dumb. Thank god the real world isn't as jaded as you people.

Why are people like this. Why do they get pleasure bashing stuff. Or wanting games to fail? Seriously I see people celebrating games getting bad reviews or calling 7's a bad game...wtf!!!

If you buy unity or LBP, then you are only contributing to the problem. You show devs that they can release full of glitches and people will still buy them.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Ratings don't mean shit, MGS4 got 10/10 and it was void of fun, probably the worst game I played all gen.

Whereas something like Lost Planet 2, or Dead Island, were both glitch ridden garbage that were still loads of fun greater than that 10/10 piece of shit.

Dead island is probably on the top list of one of the worst games iv played in my gaming life. I truly hated every bit of that game. On topic I could care less what a game scores as long as im having fun. Though I will say some devs are getting the nasty habit of releasing untested games. Thankfully its not all of them.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dibdibdobdobo

@funsohng: its spelt wrong, seriesly....

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#14 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I will have fun with games when they are released as games, not cynical, glorified beta tests that I have to pay for. No major game released on consoles this year qualifies outside of one or two exceptions, and those games I was not interested in.

Thankfully, the grass is much greener on the PC and Nintendo side, where i have been having fun all this year with games like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Hearthstone, and Civilization: Beyond Earth. If I had just owned a PS4 or an Xbox One, though, I would have probably sworn off gaming by now.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

"Everyone so negative. Many games released have fun damn it!"

Dat English doe...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The fun games are not played by SW or the world. Look at Bayonetta 2 sales... or Wii U sales for that matter.

The crap that sells multimillions is starting to disappoint more over time, as their audience shifts away from people who care about quality to casuals who buy what they saw on TV. If we want SW to be a more positive place, we'd have to shift focus to indie PC and Nintendo gaming. I know I have.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dibdibdobdobo

@BattleSpectre: Aye Bro.. dat some good Englaish.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

you shouldn´t take this place that serious TC. LOL it´s just the internet

go to IGN if you want softcore

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

What do you expect from a place called System Wars?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

We play sales and cynicism here. We nitpick at anything popular and praise Indie games like the best thing sinced sliced bread until it becomes mainstream.

This is System Wars. Enjoy your PS4:-) I'll enjoy mine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Thats just how system wars is... GD is less negative.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@charizard1605: said - "I will have fun with games when they are released as games, not cynical, glorified beta tests that I have to pay for. No major game released on consoles this year qualifies outside of one or two exceptions, and those games I was not interested in."

Bingo... Btw the two games that worked right this year were Destiny and whatchdogs, possibly two of the most poorly designed games I've played in years.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

TC, why don't you drill into that little head of yours that "fun" is relative? Who da **** cares if you enjoy WasteLand 2 and Samurai Warrior 4? I wouldn't touch either game even with a 10 foot pole.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@funsohng said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

Seriously.

Stopped reading here.

We don't seriously serious our serious posts, we instead de-serious our serioused serious seriousioty seriously.

Hard on for "seriously" seriously ?

+

We all enjoy the games , we just want to get the maximum shit outta every game , we want them to be as perfect as possible , that's the nature of human , and let's be honest gaming industry would die without having ppl bitching about stuff ....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

If you buy unity or LBP, then you are only contributing to the problem. You show devs that they can release full of glitches and people will still buy them.

Isn't Ubisoft doing something about the glitches in Unity

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#26  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

"Everyone so negative. Many games released have fun damn it!"

Dat English doe...

Haha... what do you expect with a 60 character limit. My original title was much longer and was actual proper sentences.

As for the people saying buying lbp3 is bad? What? that game got good reviews elsewhere, and I loved the vita version made by the same devs. People are throwing shit at the devs like they are scum in other threads....wtf ! (and the game got a 7 here... not a bad game, a good game, according to gs... and a fantastic game according to numerous other sources, especially from a few reviews sources that I trust more than any other.

Am glad to see some people in here are having a good time though.

Oh and i've seen streams of some games they look great... Only ones that are bad at release are Drive Club and MCC ....flat out broken.. the others, no they are all good games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You ever notice how Fanboys are excited about the shortcomings and downfalls of the opposing sides' exclusives and on top of that critisize multiplats....

This is getting very unhealth.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Midnightshade29: it's not so much the rating. It's how could you release a Titan FPS like Halo and online multiplayer doesn't work. Enough said.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

But on a serious note, I throughly enjoyed this year, so many good games. Shame a lot of them got overlooked however, Divinity: Original Sin is hte best RPG I have played since Mask of the Betrayer, Bayonetta 2 is one of the best spectacle fighters I have ever touched, and Mario Kart 8 is so fun and addicting.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Well, cows and lems are angry because their biggest games are filled with game breaking bugs, that's why they spend their time on gaming forums, meanwhile, sheep and hermit are playing Bayonetta 2 or Original Sin, hence the lack of hate from them.