Everyone Seems to be Bandwagoning on PC

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll Everyone Seems to be Bandwagoning on PC (92 votes)

console gaming is dying 70%
loud minority is loud 30%

Compared to any other generations the PC bandwagoning seems to be stronger than ever. It doesn't matter to what forum, youtube video or related gaming website you go the comments are always flooded with PC trolls even when PC is not related to the topic at hand. Even N4G, a place known for its rabid Sony fanboys seems to be flocking to the PC side. The only place I know where console gaming is still respected is at neogaf.

Is this the end of consoles or just the loud minority making a shit ton of noise? It has happened before, at least with games where lots of people make noise and then it still flops sales wise.

• 
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Because the leap from last gen is none existent. You compare N64 graphics to pc's of its time and it looked amazing. You compare Xbox games such as Halo:CE to pc games back in 2001 and it looked amazing. You compare 360 titles like Kameo to what was available on pc and you knew the console was a beast. Now you look at what's available and most of the times the only thing that comes to mind is 'cool, a console can handle Medium settings...'. You add in the fact that everything is delayed plus HD rehashes spam instead of showing off new hardware capabilities and we have this so called 'next gen' which shouldn't even be called that but more of a 7th gen+.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@ccagracing said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Wasdie said:

The consoles are becoming more and more PC like and PCs are becoming more and more user friendly. Consoles are becoming irrelevant.

It's sad to see someone as smart as you become a delusional hermit. Consoles aren't going anywhere and if they were truly becoming irrelevant they wouldn't be making record breaking sales.

Mandatory installations, lots of patches, always-online schemes maybe trying to creep there way on consoles to an extent but that doesn't change the fact they're rampant on PCs. And if you recall the always online crap was shut down because people said no.

I don't think hardware is as easy to upgrade as you let on, not to mention one aspect I like about consoles is you don't have to upgrade it and you can play games on it that you couldn't with PC that's similar. Take Skyrim for instance the PS 3 and 360 had what 512mb and the minimum spec for PC was 2GB.

PC prices on games aren't just lower from general competition it's also to combat piracy it's why Itunes are such a good deal. If you eliminated piracy tomorrow PC games would skyrocket and the DRM BS wouldn't be going away in fact it would probably increase.

If consoles were to go away publishers would have to fight piracy on a whole new level and a lot of them might just go under, a lot of people are willing to pirate PC but prefer a physical copies on consoles . Consoles aren't going away where anytime soon and that includes the next 10 years and that's something you're just going to have to #Dealwith

Delusional because he states the truth? ROFL

Mandatory installations ? Is not like consoles don't get those, patches? Same as consoles. Always online rampant? ROFL lie more please. Paying for multiplayer? oh wait thats on consoles. Yes hardware is quite easy to upgrade if you are not a moron. And you don't have to upgrade on consoles because in 5 years when we get these awesome games with full eye candy your consoles will still be struggling and making sacrifices to run at 900p and 30 fps with drops. Yes Skyrim minimal requiriments are higher on PC, d'uh, but have you seen Skyrim on PC? ofc you haven't, you can actually see more than 3 steps front of you. With mods or even vanilla with full graphics options is a different game.

Pc Prices are way lower, no matter how you put it, just steam sales destroy an y price for games in consoles, not to mention other sites. the reason? Who cares. But Please do keep talking about "ifs"

#Dealwithit my dear peasant.

To be fair, Steam sales are mainly older games, good prices for those titles they may be, and I have bought a few myself, however if you compare a new Multiplat title from Origin such as dragon age deluxe edition its £59.99 and the retailer game lists the PS4 deluxe edition for £59.99, though I would concede that when you taking into account internet deals, codes etc.. that the PC tends to work out a bit cheaper, but certainly not a massive amount on a new title.

See? this is why consolites can't be taken seriously (i highly doubt you have "bought a few yourself") anyone who has participated in steam sales know that they also put new games on sale. In the case of dragon age you are talking about a game that is not even out and you want it to be on sale already? lul. By new games i mean games with 1-2 years, if you are talking about games that are not even out, then lol again. For example i got dark souls 2 that was just released march this year for $30, thats 33% off and it wasn't even 6 months since release when i bought it.

Why would I lie about using steam? I have a PC mainly for video editing and digital photography and it happens to be able to play games due to the GTX580 in it. Just to show you my proof of steam ownership. A new game to me is exactly as the title suggests, new, not 1-2 years old lol.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I actually don't know anybody who games on a PC.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

So.... thread backfire?

And LOL I didn't know games like Skyrim were 15 years old... Shieldy is extra bitter today

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@7mdma said:

@Dasein808 said:

@Shielder7 said:

Dat unprecedented self-ownage.

haha indeed, Shielder posts a picture of himself flinging poop... fantastic stuff.

@Shielder7 do we have to go through this again? record breaking sales? considering the gen lasted 8 years before new consoles... and one was ALOT cheaper than the other (and LOL wii u in this case) .... so what? what achievement is this? lol still no games.... probably not til later 2015... and hardly more than any other gen with sales that high.... just more multiplats that are better on PC .... and a similar size line up of first party milking.

Also, PC can play 9 out of 13 previous GOTY games... dat backwards compatibility... keep buying your TLOU and Journey remakes to buff your meta ;) ... and your consoles crappy worth.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Roler42

@MBirdy88: Don't forget the PS4 has been getting nothing short of re-releases of last gen games and not very good new titles, and a deluge of indies that consolites hate and despies with all their heart

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Console gaming is not dying but more people are realizing that pc is not just a viable option but the only real must have option this gen. You pick which ever console suits your fancy but a gaming pc is a must have for anyone who is a serious gamer imo. More gamers are starting to view things this way and graduating to pc.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Ahh, It's always fun to watch them scramble for ownage and then fail miserably,it's the one constants on these boards :P

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

PC gamers a minority LOL! I hope the results of this poll give you a dose of reality...

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Does your game console have a library of well over 10 thousand titles and growing? No it doesn't. If you're response for that is "I only care about new games" then you're just moving the goal post and trying to avoid that argument.

I'm not avoiding anything the real question is do I need a gaming PC to play the vast majority of those 10 thousand titles. No in fact the new laptop I bought at future shop can play most of them and I still don't. In fact I play more games on my Iphone than my PC/laptop. The last two games I played on my PC/laptop were Divinity OS and the 2nd one was all the way back to Oblivion. PC gaming just doesn't interest me that much.

@Wasdie said:

Upgrades can be very easy.

When was it not? Someone like you sure it's cake, for someone like me it's do able most people just don't want to and if it's a premade it's a big no no as it'll void the warranty. The last PC I creaked open (not including laptops) was a Pentium 4 I upgraded the Ram about 4 Times and the Graphics card about 3 times and I just got sick of it.

I like console because I know I'm never have to creak the stupid thing open to play a game or be handicapped because my hardware is 2 years old.

@Wasdie said:

Piracy isn't nearly the problem you say it is. If it was, there wouldn't be PC games. Simple as that. If there was no money to be made on a PC then there would be no PC games. That's the beauty of a profit driven market. Clearly you don't understand that concept.

Prices are cheaper on the PC for a huge number of reasons and the way you worded your argument is almost like you are defending higher game costs on the consoles. That's quite pathetic. I don't see any other way to interpret your words. You're literally defending higher prices on the consoles as lower prices are just to fight piracy instead of being a better priced product for the customer so that they increase their total sales.

Sure it is, I said the big part of steam sales was to combat Piracy, I never said it wasn't doing a good job of it or there was no money to be made on PC, not to mention you act as if console games never come on sale. FYI they do especially on amazon and I always have the option to buy used something all but completely absent on PC.

@Wasdie said:

The current game consoles are selling well but there is no guarantee that they will continue to set records and it's a proven fact that each year PC gaming becomes larger and more profitable. The Facebook game craze is over, those people went to tablets, yet PC game revenues are still increasing as the amount of games being made on the PC is also increasing. Right now the majority of games on the market are released on the PC. There are only a small percent that do not appear on the PC, and that number seems to shrink every year.

Wait What!? So you admit consoles are selling well and you think they're going to stop based on what your own speculation? You make it sound like console gaming hasn't been increasing over the years and what guarantee is there PC gaming will continue to set records?

I didn't know Facebook was over, I haven't checked my status in awhile when did it go under and more importantly when did Facebook ban tablets? So what happens when this MOBA phase that makes up the vast majority of PC gamers comes to an end? Yeah I agree there's a small percentage of games not on PC those are those pesky GOTY games and contenders.

@Wasdie said:

The next Xbox and Playstation may end up being custom PCs with Windows/Linux as their operating system and Sony and Microsoft exclusive software. This means that Sony and Microsoft could expand their gaming software to the ever growing PC market and start capitalizing off of something that they are missing out on.

So you're speculation on you own far fetched opinion? You saying consoles are going to die is as absurd and has as much proof as saying PCs are going to die. You obviously have a biased approach when it comes to consoles that really shins through with your "Consoles Doom Date" I honestly don't think anyone of them are going anywhere sorry that upsets you.

@Wasdie said:

I'm sorry you're clinging onto outdated tech so much. Consoles had a place for years but it's finally time that they are being replaced by a superior piece of technology that can do everything a console can and more. It's not delusional at all to think that. Right now the PS4 and Xbox One are PCs with a custom OS. That's it. They have no unique hardware anymore, they can't do anything a PC can, they don't have any special niche they fill that a PC couldn't. Up until the 7th gen, the consoles have provided some sort of hardware advantage not found on a PC in addition to the form factor that fits a living room setting. This is no longer the case. The 8th gen marked the first generation where a console had no tech or power advantage on PCs. That ended in 2006 with the launch of unified shader GPUs on the PC. Since then the PCs have been driving tech and software and the consoles have just been taking from that an adapting.

What PS4 and Xbox one are outdated tech? I'm sorry you think everyone needs to spend $1000 of dollars a year just to stay updated. If that's the case this is for you!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
@clyde46 said:

Once again @Wasdie shuts down the thread with impeccable knowledge, logic and reasoning.

If by shut down with impeccable knowledge, logic and reasoning you really mean ridiculous hermit bias to the point of absurdity I agree.

The guy has literally foretold Console Death based on nothing! The end of the world based on the Mayan calendar had more backing than this clown.

@Wasdie said:

Also posting gifs doesn't make your argument better.

Doesn't hurt.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Gifs Sometimes tell the truth. Like these:

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Bunch of console fanboys would never play on PC due to inherent limitations (back in the day).

But now, you can plug in a controller, play Steam big mode and play all your fancy and shallow AAA console-centric multiplats on the PC. Same experience but double the price of admission. Suckers

kidding

kinda

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Roler42

@Shielder7: And your base yours on bitterness, anger and resentment against hermits... Wich quite frankly makes your argument worse

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I get a chuckle everytime someone says PC gaming is more profitable or has more revenue.

Anyway....neither is going anywhere for a while. PC lackies wanting console gaming to die need to grow up and get out of their moms basement.....and take a shower.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

I get a chuckle everytime someone says PC gaming is more profitable or has more revenue.

why?
if someone tells you the atomic number of hydrogen is one, is that equally hilarious?

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You get a chuckle out of actual,factual numbers?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Honestly, I don't think PC made any huge jumps this gen. Instead, consoles kind of just shot themselves in the foot and self destructed. They're no longer fun gaming machines like the PS2 and the Gamecube, but attempted multimedia devices that focus as much on fucking TV and music as they do on games, which are now at the creative and integrity levels of modern day Hollywood.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

why?

if someone tells you the atomic number of hydrogen is one, is that equally hilarious?

LMAO hydrogen? ONE????

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@melonfarmerz said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

why?

LMAO hydrogen? ONE????

haha, actually that's a good point. facts can be pretty funny.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

It's not bandwagoning to want in on the best gaming experience available.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@CrownKingArthur said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

why?

@MrYaotubo said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You get a chuckle out of actual,factual numbers?

B/c it's a manipulation.

It's a fact that most of the revenue on PC is coming from F2P games and MOBAs and such.

So acting like Assassin's Creed, or Watchdogs, or COD, or anything else of that nature is selling more on PC....is just lying. A perfect example is GTA V. GTA V made all that money and didn't need any help from PC.

I guarantee you that the PC sales for GTA V when it comes out will not even be close. Besides Steam sells the most and they don't release their sales numbers....so there would be no way to know.....either way, so dunno what the revenue charts are calculating. But in the end....there are too many examples like GTA V to counter saying console gaming not more profitable.

So yeah....keep on going with that "it's a factual actual truth concrete statement of all conversing statements......DUR, I DON'T GET IT!?!?!".....b/c you're not fooling anyone.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#124  Edited By dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Most youtube celebrities gone to pc, reviewtechusa,angry joe, yantzee and jim sterling.

"gaming website you go the comments are always flooded with PC trolls even when PC is not related to the topic at hand."

Well if you wanna call them trolls, but the console fanboys are looking for an excuse to start ther "console war"

Eg What was the subject about:

"The new consoles are great because they will make things easier for pc gamers"

-Creator of star citizen.

Yet everyone in the comments was starting a war on who has the best exlusives and which console is gonna win, when the article was not about cosoles to begin with but pc.

"Even N4G, a place known for its rabid Sony fanboys seems to be flocking to the PC side"

Yeah n4g is filled with insane sony fanboys. Glad there are pc trolls to piss those "overattached" to a corperation fanboys off.

"Is this the end of consoles or just the loud minority making a shit ton of noise?"

Well pc gaming is making more money than consoles, google it. Steam has 75 million users and may people switched this gen since it lasted too long, according to research most pc gamers also play on consoles. At this point consoles are not as relevant as they were.

Eg nes era was the first serious console generation, then snes made games colorfull while the older consoles had few colors in them. Psx and n64 made games 3d, ps2/xbox made games more reallistic, characters werent a bunch of polygons with pixels and they turned the "toys" that consoles were into more mature systems, what i mean they focused less on children and more on adults. PS3/X360 finally brought online gaming to consoles instead of splitscreens.

Ps4 and xbone?

??????

Indies? f2p? mmos? video capture? twitch?

You know stuff that pc gaming has been doing for years and they also come along with long installs and updates and most of the hassle that pc gaming has, might as well do it on a pc when you got more advantages.

Consoles back in the day were powerfull systems..now? They just run to amd to make them affordable since developing their own graphics chips would cost billions each year and only nvida intel and amd can do that. Also pc hardware isnt expensive anymore.

Pc has better online, mods, backwards compability, steam...its a better deal.

As for exlusives... as yoshida said only 4/10 sony exlusives sell and ps4 will have less AAA games because they cost too much to develop, so they are pretty much dying. Take a look at valve, using a pc in a box instead of console, because there isnt a point to consoles anymore. I dont think there will be another console generation it will be a streaming service from now on.

As for "consoles sell better than ever" I think a few days ago i read that xbone has sold as much as x360 did at the sametime period. Most console gamers moved to ps4, but there is one problem, consoles sell but games DONT, most game outhere flop, AAA games have too high costs so they gonna be less AAA games, so why buy a console? for indie games you can play on pc and BETTER with mods? Pc has 50% of dev support ps4 is 14-17% last time i checked. If they keep going like this AAA wont be able to support their own development costs and the consoles themselfs.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I'll speak up. PS4 is the worst console I've ever owned. Sure it will get a few good games but the market in general is just soooooooooo limiting within these two new consoles. Not just the consoles--the majority of the gaming community is rather disgusting. There's whining about everything, and these people whining are responsible for what they whine about. The fact of the matter is that PC is the way to go for a lot of people right now. There's a lot of niche titles on pc that look far more interesting than what ps4 and xbox one have to offer.

Also, Wiiu is so clearly the best of the three consoles.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By dakan45

@Shielder7: As usual you are desperatly triying to piss people off with LIES.

Damage control? sony fanboys invented it.

Lets see how great sony is doing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/01/27/sony-credit-rating-downgraded-to-junk-despite-strong-ps4-sales/

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/213824/Multiple_British_Sony_studios_hit_by_layoffs.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/12/us-sony-bonuses-nikkei-idUSBREA4B0RO20140512

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/06/sony-sells-vaio/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/04/17/sony-sells-off-all-its-square-enix-shares/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/04/shuhei-yoshida-only-four-out-of-ten-playstation-games-make-money-but-sony-will-always-support-talent/

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/11c73296-6155-11e2-957e-00144feab49a.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/sony-sells-tokyo-office-building-12-billion-seeking-cut-costs-consolidate-its-core-businesses

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/yoshida-ps4-will-have-less-aaa-games-31370776/

http://www.geek.com/games/each-ps4-sale-makes-more-profit-for-amd-than-sony-but-how-much-1577855/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-ceo-credibility-takes-hit-with-1-1-billion-loss-forecast.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69229915

OR you can stop being a clueless sony fanboy and reallize the reallity of the situation sony might not be here at this end of this gen.

Whats that pc has mobbas and f2ps and indies?

On a recent interview yoshida was asked about the lack of AAA games on ps4, to which he replied that AAA games are getting very expensive and for that reason ps4 will have less AAA games, he also pointed out that more and more indie and f2p games come out every week and hopes you dont miss that.

INDIESTATION 4 CONFIRMED, after dropping AAA support for psvita, now they take it down a notch on exlusives.

Call me back in 2-3 years when ps4 has enough exlusives to worth buying one,

Until then pc has more exlusives coming out than any console combined and they are getting good ratings

http://i.imgur.com/tsCq4Qg.png

You dont like em? Well NEWSFLASH not everony likes sony exlusives either

yoshida "only 4/10 sony exlusives sell"

So much for the glorious sony exlusives.

Wanna talk about hardware? pc hardware is cheap and easilly surapsses console perfomance, that wasnt the case in the past.

The only one who wont have a problem with exlusives is nitendo since their games dont cost that much to make.

anyway my point is

Now if you are done spending your free time damage controling for sony, why dont you go play games, we got so many games to play that we need to take extended breaks, you keep waiting for greatness.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Anyway....neither is going anywhere for a while. PC lackies wanting console gaming to die need to grow up and get out of their moms basement.....and take a shower.

"Stop liking things I don't like"

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I don't think people are bandwagoning PC as much as they are just getting smarter. Console gaming has become less about good games and more about best graphics, which ultimately just boils down to bragging rights. As much as any person tries to bullshit themself they know honestly that if you want the best graphics you have to go with PC and if you don't then all the bragging and comparisons between consoles is nil when consoles can never match PC's. Now some people will say the cost that Pc's cost more but I see it as 50/50, the initial cost of getting into PC gaming can be more if you go out and buy all new parts, but any smart person would just recycle parts from their old PC and build it up part by part. Example say you have a computer with an older i3 or Athlon with 4gb ram and a 500 gb hardrive. You already have a cpu better than PS4 and Xb1 so why spend $500+ building a completely new gaming PC when you could just spend $200 on a decent gpu(r9 270 will run you about $180 at most), and another $60-$100 on faster ram and you'd have a decent start up rig. Then you just upgrade part by part.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#130  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

What PS4 and Xbox one are outdated tech? I'm sorry you think everyone needs to spend $1000 of dollars a year just to stay updated. If that's the case this is for you!

This is painfully ignorant. You say I'm the one being biased and this is what you say? That's absolutely pathetic.

So you're either staying ignorant on purpose or you're a troll.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Yep, all the good games to make YouTube videos with are PC

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Shielder7 said:
@clyde46 said:

Once again @Wasdie shuts down the thread with impeccable knowledge, logic and reasoning.

If by shut down with impeccable knowledge, logic and reasoning you really mean ridiculous hermit bias to the point of absurdity I agree.

The guy has literally foretold Console Death based on nothing! The end of the world based on the Mayan calendar had more backing than this clown.

@Wasdie said:

Also posting gifs doesn't make your argument better.

Doesn't hurt.

And yet you've done nothing but move the goal posts. You say that most of the revenue for PC comes from F2P and MOBA's, and that is an issue how? Wasdie is correct no matter how much you don't want to believe it. Consoles are mid range PC's running custom OS's, with hardware from 2010. You continue to use the outdated and frankly false argument that you need to upgrade every year spending thousands of pounds on parts. That is BS, I can get a decent experience out of my PC with hardware that is at least 2 years old and I've still got another 1-2 years of life left in them.

You claim its bias yet you've posted nothing but bias in favour of consoles.....

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Loud minority

I'd bet money there's less gamers with proper gaming PC's than people on consoles.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 dakan45

@mr_huggles_dog: Pc gaming makes more than consoles combined and thas a fact. Cry laugh, go play in traffic it wont change a damn thing.

Most of the revenue comes from f2p and mmos but the rest comes from pc games.

Where do you think the console revenue is coming from? the last of us? No it comes from cod ,gta fifa, etc etc, not from the quality games but what the masses buy. Sony didnt go with f2p and indies on ps4 for no reason, they cost less to made and they provide alot of profit, they merely copying pc.

You may thnk that consoles somehow got the "quality" games and will always continue to move the industry but thats wrong. As yoshdia said only 4/10 sony exlusives make money and AAA games have become too expensive. At some point consoles as we know it will be gone and it will be subscription based? Pc? nope.

Now last time i checked pc gaming is "expensive" and it takes "knowledge" and risks, but apparently we all live in our mother's basement, while you clueless console games think that pc gaming costs thousands of $$$ and its too difficult when all you do is buy games at lauch or used which hurts the developers and sit down on your couch to play the latest games wondering why doesnt the game work and sent your console to ms or sony to fix it since you cant do a damn thing about it. We fix everything and enjoy a better erperiance becasue we were smarter with our money. But apparently we are the "losers" who dont know anything about anything.

Right!!

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

PC has more sales than all consoles combined at the moment, hardware and software. PS4 is a drop in the pond against PC. It's sad. I won't discuss games in detail, because PC is currently destroying PS4 in high scoring games count by an abnormal degree.

You have no debate. You have nothing. Stick with this shitty trolling.

Because outside of MOBAs and 15 year old games they are none.

Why are you lying?

None of the games in the current gen aaa-aa PC list are 15 years old... Only around 3 are Moba...

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:B/c it's a manipulation.

It's a fact that most of the revenue on PC is coming from F2P games and MOBAs and such.

So acting like Assassin's Creed, or Watchdogs, or COD, or anything else of that nature is selling more on PC....is just lying. A perfect example is GTA V. GTA V made all that money and didn't need any help from PC.

I guarantee you that the PC sales for GTA V when it comes out will not even be close. Besides Steam sells the most and they don't release their sales numbers....so there would be no way to know.....either way, so dunno what the revenue charts are calculating. But in the end....there are too many examples like GTA V to counter saying console gaming not more profitable.

So yeah....keep on going with that "it's a factual actual truth concrete statement of all conversing statements......DUR, I DON'T GET IT!?!?!".....b/c you're not fooling anyone.

So your argument is that f2p and moba sales do not count, just because....

Sigh...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If anything, people are bandwagoning mobile gaming. PC's been around for decades and isn't going anywhere. Mobile gaming is making inroads on console and handheld gaming in terms of market share.

Everybody who owns a computer can be a PC gamer. The only real growth happening outside of the specialty hardware market is in the software market.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

i love my pc and play alot on it

but still don't have the amazing games that i enjoy more on consoles like RDR ,TLOU,Uncharted,God of war games,Infamous,LBP etc

i'm thankful for having both pc and ps3 (soon ps4) so that i don't miss the best from both worlds .

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

i put console gaming is dying simply because anyone who thinks Pc gamers are a minority is deluded as hell quite frankly.

But can a PC gamer play Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Fable Legends, The Order 1886, Gears of War, Drive Club, Bloodborne, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizons 2, LBP 3, Quantum Break on their PC ??? You are not a "PC GAMER" if you also own and play console(s).

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Well, maybe consoles won't be extinct after this gen or the next one, but maybe they should be. It would be better for us. I'm siding with @Wasdie here.

I've been thinking about this. These are 360º closed platforms, which only offers us restrictions. They became a net, in which we emprison ourselves willfully, to overpay for the products and services provided. This is what consoles became. Consoles played their role in the market, but that should be history by the next-gen.

There was once a need for consoles. You wouldn't get so many people into playing games if there wasn't an Atari. Then a NES. And a PS1. Even the 6th gen. If one console maker was to get out of the market, a hole the PC wouldn't be able to fill at the time would be left, and consumers and publishers would suffer, so another company would have to substitute it with another console (Sega -> Microsoft for example).

Would there be as many gamers now if there weren't consoles back in all those previous gens? How many non-gamer people could the PC by itself "convert" to gaming consumers back then, in societies that mostly took PCs as work tools? And there were so many small studios and publishers. Japan had such a presence in the market, and was very console-oriented. PCs back then didn't get most of the games available on consoles. And vice-versa.

But in the 7th gen (2005 onwards), the market changed so much. It was streamlined. Heavily. The number of studios and publishers dwindled, the market got concentrated on few huge companies. Small companies that couldn't afford ports for completely different hardwares slowly got extinct. Japan basically retracted to it's own market. Sales became more important than exclusivity deals, which couldn't match developing costs anymore. Porting to PC became not only easier than before, but a necessary move.

But most importantly, habits changed. By 2005, internet access was definitely widespread, and the PC was not just a working tool anymore for most people. You didn't have to be an "hermit" anymore to find in the PC an entertainment medium, even if it only meant watching Youtube (which was founded in 2005), or messing with any kind of social media (Facebook, for example, only opened for everyone in 2006). 7th gen consoles still offered good value for their hardware, new techs and innovations were provided at a loss for manufacturers. Exclusives were already diminishing in numbers though.

By the time of the 8th gen, the barriers that existed limiting PC were almost all demolished, while the ones on consoles are still there, and most are kept artificially. Actually, more were established: for example, unlike on PC, you must pay even to use your already paid for internet access, to access a feature that you also already paid for. Platform holders control what game gets released on their system, and at what conditions. They decide what kind of competing services they will allow in their "territory" (remember EA Access and Sony?). They can dictate what is the standard price point for new games. They may eventually decide if used games should be prohibited. And so on.

All the gaming needs that were created or explored by console makers historically, the innovation and value only they could dedicate to gaming now are all gone or shared with PC. All that's left is the stagnant hardware, few exclusives, higher prices and ever more restrictive policies from companies that could change their business model to a software-centric one without damaging the industry like it would before. The console experience now achievable through PC with the proper hardware and peripherals, the only real difference being the existance of exclusives.There are many ways to substitute these consoles with more cost effective machines, with more open platforms, and the competition is there for that. These conditions didn't exist before.

Now, why not do away with the very idea of "exclusive" titles that today only serves as a means of keeping the pool of gamers divided in at least 4 major segments? What would we lose if console makers instead became big publishers like Ubisoft, Bethesda, Take-Two, EA, Activision Blizzard, etc.? I think we'd lose nothing or at least not much, but we'd profit with increased competition, better value and wider libraries.

Of course I'm not saying consoles won't be a thing in the mid or even long-term future, all I'm saying is that that may not be in our best interests as consumers. Even for companies actually, since the only ports they would need to make is between different computer OSs (Windows, Linux, OSX).

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@delta3074 said:

i put console gaming is dying simply because anyone who thinks Pc gamers are a minority is deluded as hell quite frankly.

But can a PC gamer play Halo 5, Uncharted 4, Fable Legends, The Order 1886, Gears of War, Drive Club, Bloodborne, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizons 2, LBP 3, Quantum Break on their PC ??? You are not a "PC GAMER" if you also own and play console(s).

Naming random first party exclusive titles doesn´t help that argument much when you can also say but can a console gamer play: Star Citizen,Arma 3,Elite: Dangerous,Fortnite,Unreal Tournament,Blue Streak,Wasteland 2,Pillars of Eternity,Torment: Tides of Numenera,Assetto Corsa,etc.

And playing on consoles doesn´t mean you´re not a PC gamer,because if that was the case then there wouldn´t be PC gamers or console gamers.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#142 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

People on this board are always saying how stupid console gamers are, but I'm reading a bunch of bullshit from PC gamers in this thread.

Things like comparing a purchase of a PC to both a PS4 and Xbox One, claiming Gamefly is just "nickle and diming" gamers when in fact services like that can save gamers hundreds if not thousands of dollars per year. Also, console gamers don't always have to pay $60 for every game they play.

Also el oh el at telling console gamers to switch and buy inferior PC builds. Doesn't matter if they like console exclusives, just switch because... because...

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Both Poll options are off base. Console gaming isn't dying, but PC gaming has been gaining popularity for the past 5-6 years now. Why?

The 360's headstart and popularity in NA forced a lot of franchises that had become defacto Playstation exclusives or timed exclusives into going full multiplat. That included PC, helping the platform's profile with gamers more familiar with "console" franchises.

We had a looooong gen last time, leaving PC as the only choice or gamers wanting a performance boost. And it didn't hurt that as the gen went along most off the shelf mid range PCs with a dedicated Graphics card could run circles around the old systems. Preconceptions about the expense of PC gaming fell by the wayside. Preconceptions further damaged by...

Steam. The numbers don't lie. Where most sectors of gaming are flat if lucky, Steam's growth has been incredible. Customers like the selection, the sales, and the convenient interface.

Weaker console hardware. The days of subsidizing your console by perhaps 100-200 dollars at launch are now long gone. So are the fancy custom designed chipsets. Midrange off the shelf PC parts sold close to breaking even is where the console market finds itself today. Enthusiasts looking for the best gaming performance have always turned to the PC, but now the difference in performance is greater than it has been in several generations.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Mr_Huggles_dog

@dakan45 said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Pc gaming makes more than consoles combined and thas a fact. Cry laugh, go play in traffic it wont change a damn thing.

Most of the revenue comes from f2p and mmos but the rest comes from pc games.

Where do you think the console revenue is coming from? the last of us? No it comes from cod ,gta fifa, etc etc, not from the quality games but what the masses buy. Sony didnt go with f2p and indies on ps4 for no reason, they cost less to made and they provide alot of profit, they merely copying pc.

You may thnk that consoles somehow got the "quality" games and will always continue to move the industry but thats wrong. As yoshdia said only 4/10 sony exlusives make money and AAA games have become too expensive. At some point consoles as we know it will be gone and it will be subscription based? Pc? nope.

Now last time i checked pc gaming is "expensive" and it takes "knowledge" and risks, but apparently we all live in our mother's basement, while you clueless console games think that pc gaming costs thousands of $$$ and its too difficult when all you do is buy games at lauch or used which hurts the developers and sit down on your couch to play the latest games wondering why doesnt the game work and sent your console to ms or sony to fix it since you cant do a damn thing about it. We fix everything and enjoy a better erperiance becasue we were smarter with our money. But apparently we are the "losers" who dont know anything about anything.

Right!!

Well....I'm not a console gamer and the fact that you're assuming I am tells me that you're hurt from what I said.....which in turn tells me that what I said has some validity.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Sigh...

SIGH.......HUMPH......SIGH.....another SIGH..............never said (sigh) that.....but it seems (sigh) that if you want to make money (sigh) on PC that (sigh) you probably have to make (sigh) a MOBA or F2P (sigh) game or MMO or (sigh) something.

sigh.....sigh .............................................sigh

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Sigh...

SIGH.......HUMPH......SIGH.....another SIGH..............never said (sigh) that.....but it seems (sigh) that if you want to make money (sigh) on PC that (sigh) you probably have to make (sigh) a MOBA or F2P (sigh) game or MMO or (sigh) something.

You're not explaining why F2P and MOBA being part of the reason PC is currently beating 6 combined consoles in sales is a issue or problem.

You're just saying " yeah well those sales include F2P and MOBA"....so? and?

Fact is, there is no bandwagon on PC and it isn't a "vocal minority", it has more high scoring games, sales, and ,gamers for quite some time now.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#146 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

PC offers more, and even neogaf knows that.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Sigh...

You're not explaining why F2P and MOBA being part of the reason PC is currently beating 6 combined consoles in sales is a issue or problem.

You're just saying " yeah well those sales include F2P and MOBA"....so? and?

Fact is, there is no bandwagon on PC and it isn't a "vocal minority", it has more high scoring games, sales, and ,gamers for quite some time now.

B/c you're spinning what I'm saying.

I'm not saying and have never said it's a "problem" that MOBAs and F2P games are the majority or the revenue for PC.

I'm saying that you can't act like PC is better for revenue for games in general....like all those AAA games that don't sell as well on PC as on console. You're piggybacking on the MOBAs and F2P games to say PC gaming is better all around....and that is a manipulation and a lie.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'm saying that you can't act like PC is better for revenue for games in general....like all those AAA games that don't sell as well on PC as on console. You're piggybacking on the MOBAs and F2P games to say PC gaming is better all around....and that is a manipulation and a lie.

There you go again, why aren't MOBA and F2P included in gaming in general?

Why is including them in sales charts or high-scoring games lists manipulation and lying?

Shitty opinion is shitty.

I can pull this same exact shit with madden rehashes, CoD clones, and movie-games that make up your tiny console libraries by calling them non-games. Keep your shitty opinion out of here: PC has more gamers and sales for several years now and there is factually no "bandwagon" or "vocal minority". PC is the most popular system by far.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Why is including them in sales charts or high-scoring games lists manipulation and lying?

I can pull this same exact shit with madden rehashes, CoD clones, and movie-games that make up your tiny console libraries by calling them non-games. Keep your shitty opinion out of here: PC has more gamers and sales for several years now and there is factually no "bandwagon" or "vocal minority". PC is the most popular system by far.

For fucks sake....do you even attempt to argue coherently?

I'm not saying any of that. And you're shoehorning your argument about consoles just to fit the same example as the one with PC.

99% of games like Watchdogs, Assasins Creed, COD, all those.....sell better on console.

Jesus.....PROVE TO ME BY SHOWING ME WHERE I SAID MOBAs AND F2P GAMES AREN'T GAMES.....and I'll give you a cookie.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#150  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

For fucks sake....do you even attempt to argue coherently?

I'm not saying any of that. And you're shoehorning your argument about consoles just to fit the same example as the one with PC.

99% of games like Watchdogs, Assasins Creed, COD, all those.....sell better on console.

Jesus.....PROVE TO ME BY SHOWING ME WHERE I SAID MOBAs AND F2P GAMES AREN'T GAMES.....and I'll give you a cookie.

I'm not here to choose sides because this is somewhat absurd. But, I believe your last sentence has got him confused.