Everyone put Fanboyism aside,Microsoft will end 360 and all future attempts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

... It's just a feeling in my gut, i mean they lost a billion over in japan cut it down so much. Then They're initail viral marketing and Guriella marketing campaigns to hype up launch of 360. a Couple million dollars here and there over Halo 3. It's jus saying "we're going broke on this division we so far lost 7 billion dollars total(including original xbox) and we going to throw in the towel".The 360 life cycle is expected by microsoft to end in 5 years. from the dude,who has teh beard,Peter moore xD. took me like 30 seconds to rember his name anyways.they're trying to have software sales and Accesories sales to make a profit. it's like a down river move,unless MS makes a Ofefenokee river mysteryous(cant spell lol) uphill water flow(yes theres a river that flows in reverse).

I would have posted this in the 360 forum but it would have gotten locked and i would have got a suspension for flaming.

Everyone get serouis. They came in this buisness to monoployize it and make money,not make friends.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
from 2001 to today, did they ever made a profit from the xbox division?
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
I tell you one thing. Nobody will really miss them as they did nothing for the gaming industry but Halo and told everyone that shooters matter. Also, nobody will miss Sony either. I think it will be better for all of us if Sega comes back and it's Sega vs Nintendo all over again.
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
This thread won't end well. But hey, good luck!
plat1num913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 plat1num913
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
MS is wiping the floor with sony right now
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
You forgot the reason why MS made xbox in the first place. XBL, 10 million by June 2008. you think MS is going anywhere now?
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

... It's just a feeling in my gut, i mean they lost a billion over in japan cut it down so much. Then They're initail viral marketing and Guriella marketing campaigns to hype up launch of 360. a Couple million dollars here and there over Halo 3. It's jus saying "we're going broke on this division we so far lost 7 billion dollars total(including original xbox) and we going to throw in the towel".The 360 life cycle is expected by microsoft to end in 5 years. from the dude,who has teh beard,Peter moore xD. took me like 30 seconds to rember his name anyways.they're trying to have software sales and Accesories sales to make a profit. it's like a down river move,unless MS makes a Ofefenokee river mysteryous(cant spell lol) uphill water flow(yes theres a river that flows in reverse).

I would have posted this in the 360 forum but it would have gotten locked and i would have got a suspension for flaming.

Everyone get serouis. They came in this buisness to monoployize it and make money,not make friends.

Hitamaru-homia

you dont make any sense

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
The main reason they got into the console market and the music market with the Zune is because Microsoft shareholders and investors are always complaining that they have waaayyyy too much cash on hand. That's why they are in those markets. If MS pulled out of the console market they will have too much money on hand (that's a bad thing for some reason, this way they don't have to pay shareholder dividends). It makes sense somehow. If someone really knows how to make sense of this, explain it to me, I always ended up sleeping in my Personal Investing class.
tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

Actually Microsoft put gaming online, so I think they have a pretty large fan base right now. Waay too large just to give up withink 5 years

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

Actually Microsoft put gaming online, so I think they have a pretty large fan base right now. Waay too large just to give up withink 5 years

tccavey2

Rember they haven't made one red penny. Microsoft won't fund it still. I mean they losing money,they didn't come here to make hugs with their fanbase.

Reneg4de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reneg4de
Member since 2003 • 142 Posts

First of thread creator put your fanboyism aside for a second. Think how hard it is to make a dent in a market were you have never been. look at all the failed consoles that have released and didn't sale or didn't even release at all. When it comes to consoles there are loyalties with consumers to there brand. You can't expect MS to just come in and dominate the industry with only it's second gen of a system going up against the NINTENDO name and the 100mill plus PS2 user-base. right now the 360 is the best buy for your buck when it comes to games. Shooters are not the only thing on the system, that is a fan-boy approach to belittle the system because the 360 shooters score great. The playstation is not worth a purchase yet IMO. I will be getting one next year though when the games are up to par with it's price.

so No i disagree completely with your assesment of MS dropping out of the system war. You sound like a fan-boy who wants them gone so maybe your system of choice could do a lil better? You don't build up a user-base that's battling it out for the top spot with the Wii and just pull out completely. Makes absolutely no sense

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

tccavey2
Microsoft never did... unless you mean make more Popular?
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts
You forgot the reason why MS made xbox in the first place. XBL, 10 million by June 2008. you think MS is going anywhere now? HeHateMe_basic

No, they made it because the PS2 was threatening PC gaming numbers.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Believe it or not, Microsoft's penetration of the gaming market has more to do with market share than profits. Which is why they are spending so much. They spent billions just to get into gaming and will probably spend even more to take down SONY.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

from 2001 to today, did they ever made a profit from the xbox division?PSP107

360 is making them a profit. Overall, X-Box is still in the red, but they're not going to quit just when they're turning around.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]You forgot the reason why MS made xbox in the first place. XBL, 10 million by June 2008. you think MS is going anywhere now? X_CAPCOM_X

and it seems to be working, pc/xbox 360 multiplats are killing the playstation 3.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

I love it when kids think they know how a billion dollar company works and make these silly, yet amusing comments.

You might have a point TP if MS wasn't already loaded and making money off other divisions but by all means, you carry on.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

Believe it or not, Microsoft's penetration of the gaming market has more to do with market share than profits. Which is why they are spending so much. They spent billions just to get into gaming and will probably spend even more to take down SONY.

Blue-Sky

exactly, and they are doing it slowly. Microsoft realizes all they have to do is hurt sony enough, and eventually third parties will come to their console.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Yeah the quater Halo 2 came out, the quater Gears of War came out (which was the most profitable quater any Xbox brand has ever had), and a betting man would put his money on Halo 3 quater as well.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]You forgot the reason why MS made xbox in the first place. XBL, 10 million by June 2008. you think MS is going anywhere now? kevy619

and it seems to be working, pc/xbox 360 multiplats are killing the playstation 3.

Killing is a strong word. I guess enough money can do anything.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

Hitamaru-homia

are you being serious? god i hope not. ahem...allow me to s--- on your "theory".

Robbie Bach, the president of MS's entertainment and devices division went o record saying that the entire division will be profitable in 2008 due to software and accessory sales and xbox live microtransactions.

it has taken them about 7 years to get rid of the almost $10 billion debt but they are going to turn a profit.

sony, on the other hand, lost $2 BILLION IN 3 MONTHS. since the november launch until january (before the euro launch), they lost $1.65 billion in the US and Japan and expected to lose more. their stocks took a 68% nose dive when this news came out.

MS has a better chance at staying in the gaming business than sony due to fact that people buy the 360 and there are games available for the 360 don't completely suck ass. sony is in dead last and may not recover until 2009 or 2010 but even then it will be way too late because the xbox 720 and the nintendo "what-ever" are on the horizon.

MS came into the gaming business to make money; but you know what? so did sony and for you to completely disregard this fact makes you the fanboy here, no one else.

sony loses $2 billion

MS entertainment and devices division to be profitable in 2008

sony's 68% stock nose dive

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
your opinion is invalid for being a Sony/Nintendo fanboy. /thread
BosoxJoe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BosoxJoe5
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Hitamaru-homia

Didn't Sony lose 1.5billion this year. That would be like 10 billion, if you do the math over, the same perioud of time.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]

BosoxJoe5

Didn't Sony lose 1.5billion this year. That would be like 10 billion, if you do the math over, the same perioud of time.

actually $1.65 billion from november 2006 launch to january 2007 (3 months) and then a total of $1.97 billion after the euro launch in march (6 months total).

$2 billion lost in 6 months

Mad_Rhetoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mad_Rhetoric
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts
sony and nintendo are more likely to stop makeing consoles before M$
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
No chance in hell. MS is in this for the long run.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

I tell you one thing. Nobody will really miss them as they did nothing for the gaming industry but Halo and told everyone that shooters matter. Also, nobody will miss Sony either. I think it will be better for all of us if Sega comes back and it's Sega vs Nintendo all over again.Ilived

wow - thats a pretty ignorant statement.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
The 360 should last quite a while.
svp0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 svp0123
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
[QUOTE="tccavey2"]

Hitamaru-homia

Rember they haven't made one red penny. Microsoft won't fund it still. I mean they losing money,they didn't come here to make hugs with their fanbase.

dude they lost money with the first xbox but their mopping up the compeitition when it comes to selling consoles and software compared to the other consoles. plus 10 million xbox live memberships by 08 thats like 600 hundred million dollars a year their making just off live thats probably more than PS3 and Wii makes after everything per year. and trust it doesnt take that much money to operate live that is like all profit right there.

svp0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 svp0123
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts

were talking about bill gates here the richest dude in america if not the whole world.

last gen they knew they werent going to contend with the PS2 they just wanted to get their name out there its a long term investment. you cant start off on top you got to start from the bottom and work to the top of the gaming industry and their on that path. that wont finaly take the lead then dump everything right after they spent all that money to get where they are.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

The main reason they got into the console market and the music market with the Zune is because Microsoft shareholders and investors are always complaining that they have waaayyyy too much cash on hand. That's why they are in those markets. If MS pulled out of the console market they will have too much money on hand (that's a bad thing for some reason, this way they don't have to pay shareholder dividends). It makes sense somehow. If someone really knows how to make sense of this, explain it to me, I always ended up sleeping in my Personal Investing class.DaysAirlines

MS claims they need all that money to gain footholds innew markets. They enter an industry throwing mounds of money at it for the first few years until they begin to turn a profit on it. They'll lose billions in the hopes of making it back in subsequent years.

The reason their shareholders fight with them is because they want that money to come back to them in dividends. It's a fight between what MS wants (company growth) and what the shareholders want (personal profit).

It's sticky because stockholders technically own that money, but they pay MS management to decide what to do with it. Do they have the right to override that governing authority? Currently, they don't directly, although they can (with enough support) oust the current board/management which is similar to what happened to Eisner of Disney.

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts
[QUOTE="tccavey2"]

Hitamaru-homia

It's called a "long-term investment."

It's nearly impossible to jump into any kind of high-tech market and profit immediately - especial the tricky video game market. But... expect MS to post profits in their console division within the next year. They would have profited already had they not spent a billion on the warranty extension.

You must remember that it is not only about video games, but being an entertainment hub in the living room. The Xbox introduced MS console gaming. The 360 introduced the next level of gaming and other entertainment features, including video on demand, streaming media, etc. The next step is IPTV, and so on. Sony has the same plan. Video game consoles are just the best way to get other entertainment features into homes, as they have all the same equipment needed and us gamers buy them first-and-foremost for the games.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Hitamaru-homia
I stopped reading :lol:
Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
They're sticking around guys. It wouldn't make sense for them to just drop out now considering how they are continually doing better and better in the console market.
7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts

Would be pretty crazy to see a company packing it in when they (MS)sell the most console software by a large margin.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts

Fanboy here.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
No I think MS will stay in the race. Even though I believe they still will come in 3rd (possibly 2nd if the Wii is just a fad) in the end this gen.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

A feeling in your gut...*slaps forehead*

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

They would most likely have made some money off the Xbox by the end of it's life, but they did not even sell that many consoles in the last year or so after Halo 2 came out.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

tccavey2

I believe you are talking about the Dreamcast, then the PS2 shortly afterwards. But yes, Xbox Live for the original Xbox definitely brought console online gaming into another perspective. Was not the first, but certainly was great.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

MS is wiping the floor with sony right nowplat1num913

I love your sig... so true. Speak truth... get banned.

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
Argghhhh...SPEW.
juno_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 juno_22
Member since 2004 • 1161 Posts
MS is wiping the floor with sony right nowplat1num913
and nintendo is wiping the floor with MS and sony, good show sir
ppau08223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ppau08223
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
just saw another one of these though they may seems like that making losses in your eyes to ms it is having there product in evryones living room. they dont want sony doinf that and thats why they are still here. of course they may talk about a long term strategy to stay in the market, they just dont wat sony there.
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts

I dont get where everyone is getting this from, they just announced a new bundle with the 360, they recently announced a price cut(in august) they also fairly recently extended their warranty(costing them 1B) they have signed on as sole publishers for some petty important games for next year for example Ninja Gadieon 2.

They also paid RockStar 50million dollars forDL content. They are working on Cry-on with mistwalker. They still have Lionhead and Rare working on fable 2 and Banjo 3 respectively. They still have Ensemble studios working on Halo Wars. They are funding Silicon Knights and their development of Too Human.

Bottom line all of those things cost lots and lots of money thats a lot of money down the toilet that could have saved if they were going to pull out of the console wars. For instance, if said company would be pulling out console war dont you think it would be a little stupid to just creat a new bundle for your "dieing console?" to extend the warranty for your "dieing console" wake up people.

jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

just saw another one of these though they may seems like that making losses in your eyes to ms it is having there product in evryones living room. they dont want sony doinf that and thats why they are still here. of course they may talk about a long term strategy to stay in the market, they just dont wat sony there.ppau08223

That is exactly it....MS knew they were going to lose money making consoles. They saw a threat of Sony taking over the living room and wanted to make sure that didn't happen. Bill Gates didn't just roll out of bed one morning and decide to make video games. This is a long term strategy by MS to have a foot print in people's living rooms.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

Umm, the 360 currently has the best library of games BY FARRRRRRR, the #1 best selling entertainment product in American history exclusively, and a growing Live community, now over 7 or so million members. Umm, why would they quit again?

MS is making a hell of a alot more of a profit than Sony right now... You guys should be worrying about Sony, especially after this next month's price drop, AGAIN! Sony doesnt have a billionaire running the company