Everone buy a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeph_Da_Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zeph_Da_Bomb
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts
I know it doesn't have the best games, but people say it has crap games, and that is far from true. It has plenty of games to keep you busy until the AAA exclusive and nonexclusives come out. And now that it cost 500, it is a deal. I mean once you go 1080p, you never go back. Resistance still isn't old, Rainbow Six is a good addition, Motorstorm is fun as hell, Fight Night looks amazing. It also has some fun downloadable games like Gripshift, which has online multiplayer, also Calling All Cars, Flow, MK2, Rampage, Super Stardust HD, Tekken 5, Go Puzzle, Super Rub A Dub, and more. There is nothing wrong with owning a PS3, and it doesn't hurt that it is getting some of the best games coming out this year and next year. Go buy one, you won't regret it, no more hate twords the PS3, it owns!
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
I'm not going to waste $500+ just to get games that I don't careabout.
0starter0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 0starter0
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts
Hey you, stop posting. Thank You.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
no thanks. i don't spend $500 on gaming consoles. I could get a new pc for just a hundred more than that.
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts
Not now...but SOON!
doodlebug01206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 doodlebug01206
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts
id like too but its TOO EXPENSIVE,
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
I know it doesn't have the best games, but people say it has crap games, and that is far from true. It has plenty of games to keep you busy until the AAA exclusive and nonexclusives come out. And now that it cost 500, it is a deal. I mean once you go 1080p, you never go back. Resistance still isn't old, Rainbow Six is a good addition, Motorstorm is fun as hell, Fight Night looks amazing. It also has some fun downloadable games like Gripshift, which has online multiplayer, also Calling All Cars, Flow, MK2, Rampage, Super Stardust HD, Tekken 5, Go Puzzle, Super Rub A Dub, and more. There is nothing wrong with owning a PS3, and it doesn't hurt that it is getting some of the best games coming out this year and next year. Go buy one, you won't regret it, no more hate twords the PS3, it owns!Zeph_Da_Bomb
Imma geta PS3 butnot till next summer but that is because I already own a 360 and most of PS3's big games this year are gonna be out on 360 andbe better on 360 so im justgonna buy games like crazy this year, then buy UT3 for 360 when it comes out in early 08 to smear it in sony's face,then im gonna get aPS3 and hopefully MGS4and Tekken 6 inthe summer of 08.
azell07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 azell07
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
noway. 50 bucks more and i can buy a 8800gtx for my rig. i'll pass tyvm.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
My tv only goes to 720p.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Hmmm. Nope. I'll be buying a new HDTV instead.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Not going to buy one, nope. But we did get ours for free from a costumer that works for Sony.

...I mean once you go 1080p, you never go back...Zeph_Da_Bomb
You're kidding, right?

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

id like too but its TOO EXPENSIVE, doodlebug01206

People who buy xbox360 should NEVER use this excuse, especially now that it's $500. Guess how much xbox360 + 1 years subscription to xbl is? $450!!! that minus a next generation storage format, wifi, HDMI, web browser and everyother year thay they will have to fork over another $50 because PSN and Home on PS3 are FREE.

Just stick to "I like the gamez better" because saying that it's too expensive now just makes look extreemly unintelligent and shortsightied IMO.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts
PS3 is not on my radar.
catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts

Already got one :) And to the guy who would rather get a video card wow..... Have fun spending almost $600 for a video card to play the same games on 360.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot there is one exception and shame on me for forgetting :roll: Crysis

TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#15 TheJuggla17
Member since 2003 • 16307 Posts

Why when we can sit here and get entertainment from you?

This is great! Vwow!

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

To The tune of the Itchy and Scratchy theme from the Simpsons:

Just wait and wait and wait and wait and wait

Wait,wait,wait

Wait,wait,wait

The Sony PS3....

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
The PS3 may have fun games, but I'm not interested in many of them. MGS4 piqued my interest with the E3 trailer, although graphically it's not that impressive. FFXIII has always had my interest, but should I really spend $500 to play 2 games? It's not really worth it now, and unless it gets games that interest me and Sony themselves become less arrogant, then I won't be buying a PS3.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
...so in other words...buy a PS3 and a 1080p. No thanks...
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
noway. 50 bucks more and i can buy a 8800gtx for my rig. i'll pass tyvm. azell07
:D :D :D :D
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 l-_-l

Already got one :) And to the guy who would rather get a video card wow..... Have fun spending almost $600 for a video card to play the same games on 360.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot there is one exception and shame on me for forgetting :roll: Crysis

catlin_czirr
You can tell you know nothing about PC games. Try educating yourself before you try to insult the PC gaming community.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

I know it doesn't have the best games, but people say it has crap games, and that is far from true. It has plenty of games to keep you busy until the AAA exclusive and nonexclusives come out. And now that it cost 500, it is a deal. I mean once you go 1080p, you never go back. Resistance still isn't old, Rainbow Six is a good addition, Motorstorm is fun as hell, Fight Night looks amazing. It also has some fun downloadable games like Gripshift, which has online multiplayer, also Calling All Cars, Flow, MK2, Rampage, Super Stardust HD, Tekken 5, Go Puzzle, Super Rub A Dub, and more. There is nothing wrong with owning a PS3, and it doesn't hurt that it is getting some of the best games coming out this year and next year. Go buy one, you won't regret it, no more hate twords the PS3, it owns!Zeph_Da_Bomb

so why would i buy a system that doesn't have the best games and costs 500 when i could buy a system that has better games and costs 400 or 250?

hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hueypnewton
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts
nope. BluRay players are getting cheaper by the month.
afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 afmsquid
Member since 2006 • 1623 Posts

PS3 isn't owning anything ATM. Right now, Xbox 360 is. Oh, and I do have both a PS3 and Xbox360, too bad the only thing PS3 is doing is folding a protein molecule,all of my gaming is being done in the X360, my Wii just sits in the cabinet also, waiting for when I have guests over.

catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeph_Da_Bomb"]I know it doesn't have the best games, but people say it has crap games, and that is far from true. It has plenty of games to keep you busy until the AAA exclusive and nonexclusives come out. And now that it cost 500, it is a deal. I mean once you go 1080p, you never go back. Resistance still isn't old, Rainbow Six is a good addition, Motorstorm is fun as hell, Fight Night looks amazing. It also has some fun downloadable games like Gripshift, which has online multiplayer, also Calling All Cars, Flow, MK2, Rampage, Super Stardust HD, Tekken 5, Go Puzzle, Super Rub A Dub, and more. There is nothing wrong with owning a PS3, and it doesn't hurt that it is getting some of the best games coming out this year and next year. Go buy one, you won't regret it, no more hate twords the PS3, it owns!shoeman12

so why would i buy a system that doesn't have the best games and costs 500 when i could buy a system that has better games and costs 400 or 250?

I hope you don't mean the Wii? Because there are about 4 interesting games on that system, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, and mabey SSBB, that is literally all I can think of.
TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts

I disagree. But i kind of agree. Makes sense, right?

The ps3 does NOT have very many quality titles at all RIGHT NOW, if you own another platform. Especially a 360 or PC. Besides RFoM, almost all of it games really worth playing are multiplat,and 90% of those games are also inferior to the 360, mostly due to lack of money andeffort put into porting.

I own a PS3. I can easily say unless you have a burning desire JUST to OWN a ps3, it's simply not worth having at this point. That is, unless you don't have a next gen console, or a PC that can play current games in comparable form.

BUT, the PS3 is showing a lot of potential. (Yeah, I said it.) I even had my doubts for a while, considering the constant flow of bad news, and all of the arrogant lies and claims coming from Sony. But I've noticed them get their act together, and work on regaining their fans, and even trying to make new ones.

THIS FALL, the ps3 will be most definitely worth owning. I would bet on it. And the quanity and quality of games is just going to keep on coming after that.

So, while I can't honestly say that right now the ps3 is an awesome console to own, I can say it will be in the near future. It will definitely be a worthy competitor to the xbox360, which is good for us gamers, no matter who you are a fan of.

cliff122316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 cliff122316
Member since 2005 • 2333 Posts
i just got a 360. the ps3 just doesnt have the games. i promise you i will get one someday though. just for you.
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
Why spend 500$ on a gaming console when you spend 250$ to get fit?
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
my wallet bites me when i think about it. i dont want it to bite me a first time
afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 afmsquid

Why spend 500$ on a gaming console when you spend 250$ to get fit?DireToad

Why spend $250 to get fit, when you can get a$60 pair of running shoes, get off your fat a** and go running.;)

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

I'm not going to waste $500+ just to get games that I don't careabout. magiciandude

You wouldn't say that if you actually had one.

deathtrap90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deathtrap90
Member since 2003 • 765 Posts

noway. 50 bucks more and i can buy a 8800gtx for my rig. i'll pass tyvm. azell07

Wait for $550 you can buy a graphics card instead of a whole new system ? shweeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="DireToad"]Why spend 500$ on a gaming console when you spend 250$ to get fit?afmsquid

Why spend $250 to get fit, when you can get a$60 pair of running shoes, get off your fat a** and go running.;)

Running hurts, is sweaty, makes you interact with people who are also outside.

Also, there's the sun, humidity, bugs.

And what if you get the wrong shoes?

azell07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 azell07
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
like me, I really dont care about jpop games.
afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 afmsquid
[QUOTE="afmsquid"]

[QUOTE="DireToad"]Why spend 500$ on a gaming console when you spend 250$ to get fit?Jandurin

I guess you're right, i'll just keep sitting on my couch, eating doritos till my stomach explodes and play video games all day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I guess you're right, i'll just keep sitting on my couch, eating doritos till my stomach explodes and play video games all day.afmsquid
Ah. But with the innovation of Wii Fit,one can be nearone's couch and working out while the tv tells one they're fat. Good thing it doesn't have a camera, or it might tell us we're ugly too. :shock:
afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 afmsquid

[QUOTE="afmsquid"]I guess you're right, i'll just keep sitting on my couch, eating doritos till my stomach explodes and play video games all day.Jandurin
Ah. But with the innovation of Wii Fit,one can be nearone's couch and working out while the tv tells one they're fat. Good thing it doesn't have a camera, or it might tell us we're ugly too. :shock:

:lol:

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="catlin_czirr"]

l-_-l
You can tell you know nothing about PC games. Try educating yourself before you try to insult the PC gaming community.

While I agree with you, too many hermits simply rely on the fact that others will back them up. If you think he is ignorant of PC gaming, then tell him the error of his ways, don't just take the "nose in the air" route and make a vague retort as if that is supposed to change his mind. Be specific, site examples to defend your stance. Otherwise it just makes you seem like an elitist.
TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
[QUOTE="afmsquid"]

[QUOTE="DireToad"]Why spend 500$ on a gaming console when you spend 250$ to get fit?Jandurin

LOL

Awesome post.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="catlin_czirr"]

Spartan070

While I agree with you, too many hermits simply rely on the fact that others will back them up. If you think he is ignorant of PC gaming, then tell him the error of his ways, don't just take the "nose in the air" route and make a vague retort as if that is supposed to change his mind. Be specific, site examples to defend your stance. Otherwise it just makes you seem like an elitist.

lol, sorry, but I am not here to educate others on PC gaming. I am also not here to change his mind. And last but not least, I am a elitist and proud of it. Outside of my kids wanting one of the new consoles, I have no interest in one and stick my nose in the air with pride knowing I have the best gaming system of them all (PC). Yes, I know I will make some mad with my elitist stance, but I am a elitist, do you really think I care of their thoughts on my elitist stance? To be nice and answer that instead of making you think. No I don't care what others think on my PC attitude. I do in fact think that PC is so far ahead of the consoles that to me, the consoles are already last gen.

*walks away with nose HIGH in the air*.

copperheadfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 copperheadfang
Member since 2004 • 411 Posts
You gotta get a PS3 I just watched the movie Shooter on mine , man it was cool try pulling that one off Nintendo
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
I probably won't play it much at this point so I'll wait.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

[QUOTE="magiciandude"]I'm not going to waste $500+ just to get games that I don't careabout. sainraja

You wouldn't say that if you actually had one.

You don't know that.

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts

Nah. I'll just use the $500 that I would use to buy a PS3 on 360 games instead.