Even Killzone SF looks better than Star Citizen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Now this surprises me out of the blue in all honesty. With all the hype gone into SC's graphics I expected something to blow my mind off, or at least look better than a launch game from a console. Guess I was wrong.

First of all allow me to give credit to its ambition of crafting a huge explorable universe, yes the scale is grandeur but what else? Assets are relatively high poly but so are 99% of the new gen games. Now I'm not dissing the game's technical achievement here, it might be doing more in terms of rendering a more explorable world but the on screen fidelity is sorely lacking. I mean it's almost average looking compared to the big boys. Now a ps4 launch game like KZ has already shown much more complex lighting, denser poly count, better particles and more advanced effects simply due to its non open world nature. You can easily tell if by sheer on screen graphical detail SC is quite behind, not to mention much better looking games like The Order, UC4 and even The Witcher 3. If SC has the graphical fidelity of The Order while maintaining its vast scale then it would be truly the new graphics king but right now it's not ven remotely close to that tall order.

And then the real stunners

No contest, really.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Most of those games aren't even finished yet, you can't judge 'em. Killzone can't even run at full hd in multiplayer, it gets upscaled big time (960 x 1080). The Order runs at this pathetic 'theater' resolution, a third of the screen isn't even being used so it could feed more power for graphical fidelity. Even then it runs at a low 30 fps. Games aren't that impressive when they have to take extreme measures like that.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I think they all look good.

There was a game I thought looked absolutely amazing, but I can't for the life of me remember it's name. It was a 2D side-scrolling game that had an old cartoon art style.

EDIT: Found it

Loading Video...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Dem tears.... why did you not mention KZ's piss poor image quality, pop up and shimmering?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Why do people even try this crap? Nobody believes these threads. Anyone can get bad pics of the game they want to lose off the internet in order to make sure it loses the comparison.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@gpuking said:

Now this surprises me out of the blue in all honesty. With all the hype gone into SC's graphics I expected something to blow my mind off, or at least look better than a launch game from a console. Guess I was wrong.

First of all allow me to give credit to its ambition of crafting a huge explorable universe, yes the scale is grandeur but what else? Assets are relatively high poly but so are 99% of the new gen games. Now I'm not dissing the game's technical achievement here, it might be doing more in terms of rendering a more explorable world but the on screen fidelity is sorely lacking. I mean it's almost average looking compared to the big boys. Now a ps4 launch game like KZ has already shown much more complex lighting, denser poly count, better particles and more advanced effects simply due to its non open world nature. You can easily tell if by sheer on screen graphical detail SC is quite behind, not to mention much better looking games like The Order, UC4 and even The Witcher 3. If SC has the graphical fidelity of The Order while maintaining its vast scale then it would be truly the new graphics king but right now it's not ven remotely close to that tall order.

And then the real stunners

No contest, really.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I don't want to play either of these games.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
Loading Video...

/thread.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

LOL TC's desperate.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Fair comparison...

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Lol he added Order cutscenes, and Uncharted CGI cutscene too.

Linear corridor shooter, blurry effects, not even 1080p and 60fps, vs open world, 400 million planets, no blurry, 8k and 120fps

Finally, KILLZONE CANT EVEN BEAT 2007 YEAR OLD CRYSIS GAME.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Star Citizen has the most advanced tech in a game right now. Now, wether or not that should contribute to how good this game looks is debatable. What I know is that it looks incredibly detailed for such an ambitious and huge title. Killzone is not.

But I also think that the art direction going on at Guerrilla is very, very good and they definitely succeeded to make an excellent, fairly unique looking sci fi shooter. Star Citizen is aiming mostly more a generic look without concern for actual looks but rather technical superiority, especially in gameplay and player freedom.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Compared to kill zone and the order SC is nowhere near finished so it is silly to compare not to mention both games you mentioned are linear corridor games,and finally you obviously have not seen it running first hand on a gaming PC it is stunning.

Nice try but,no

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I thought this was a troll thread

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

wowowow you need to calm your package, SF is nowhere near Star Citizen graphics.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Star Citizen doesn't impress me like it does so many others that game on PC.

It looks good....but so many PC gamers hail it as the second coming of christ and it's only b/c it's a PC exclusive. The game looks just about as good as the better PS4 games and still has not gameplay that I find all that great.

It looks fun don't get me wrong....but other than that....it's not the revolution of everything known to man that PC gamers make it out to be.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

I know it pains you deeply that Star Citizen is the upcoming graphics king(by far) but you don´t need to be so butthurt about it lol.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

You're 100% wrong TC, this is a fact.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Oh boy..

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

And then people say sony drones aren't the worst bunch, they are just like other fanboys. Yeah, I'm talking to people who were trying to white knight these idiots in the other thread.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FreedomFreeLife

@mr_huggles_dog said:

It looks good....but so many PC gamers hail it as the second coming of christ and it's only b/c it's a PC exclusive. The game looks just about as good as the better PS4 games and still has not gameplay that I find all that great.

It looks fun don't get me wrong....but other than that....it's not the revolution of everything known to man that PC gamers make it out to be.

Read my last post. Corridor game vs open world 400 billion planet. Textures ultra high meanwhile PS4 version has low textuures and ITS ALL BLURRY!!!

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Read my last post. Corridor game vs open world 400 billion planet. Textures ultra high meanwhile PS4 version has low textuures and ITS ALL BLURRY!!!

I never know what I can use.

People have made corridor comparisons throughout and I've said....Ryse is not comparable to Infamous since one is a corridor game and one is open world....but no one listens.

Now it's not the same.

So, yes...SC does look good....but I still think Killzone looks nearly as good as it does. Same goes for Infamous. Maybe not as good but dam close....and considering the PS4 is not nearly as powerful as a computer that will be needed to run SC....that says something.

And thats another thing......SC will need a really good computer to run it. So it's not fair to compare a game that 1% of the PC gamer population will be able to play.

Thats like entering those old Nvidia demos they gave to you when you bought a new GPU....yeah....they look great...but only the ppl who have those cards can run it.

Not the same as a game that looks fantastic and EVERYONE on that system can play.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@gameofthering: Damn, that looks good, really good.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FreedomFreeLife

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I never know what I can use.

People have made corridor comparisons throughout and I've said....Ryse is not comparable to Infamous since one is a corridor game and one is open world....but no one listens.

Now it's not the same.

So, yes...SC does look good....but I still think Killzone looks nearly as good as it does. Same goes for Infamous. Maybe not as good but dam close....and considering the PS4 is not nearly as powerful as a computer that will be needed to run SC....that says something.

And thats another thing......SC will need a really good computer to run it. So it's not fair to compare a game that 1% of the PC gamer population will be able to play.

Thats like entering those old Nvidia demos they gave to you when you bought a new GPU....yeah....they look great...but only the ppl who have those cards can run it.

Not the same as a game that looks fantastic and EVERYONE on that system can play.

Nope. 90% PC gamers can run this game or else they would be console owners.

Nope. Killzone is not 1080p but also it has no alasing, also it has lower textures, but worst of all... ITS BLURRY. Do you know what blurry means? Fake blurry makes game good? No

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

It's like some of you don't use your eyes any more, why just because it's your last pc exclusive? If you honestly believe SC's graphics are at the top of the pyramid then I really feel bad for you, if I'm a hermit I would stick to Crysis 3 or The Witcher 3 to offer any competition.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Are you that insecure about PS4 hardware .? Star Citizen is leagues ahead of anything we've seen so far . Order 1886 has great character models and cloth physics but rest of the stuff is all blurry , despite the game being extremely linear . Let alone Killzone (LOL)

Star Citizen's new footage looks amazing . Can't even imagine how the final game will look like when current build is better than anything out there or upcoming . It is pretty easy to make yourself look stupid and post some pics from older builds or worst/unfinished parts of the game but we all know how it'll end . So why bother .?

And lol at footage of old hangars from last year .

Older :

Loading Video...

Upcoming :

Loading Video...

Huge improvement . And it'll keep getting better . Right now you can see how current assets look in the game .

Loading Video...

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Here's an early 1080p/60fps HTML5 gif of just a ship in Star Citizen. It may take some time to fully load if you're on a slow connection.

http://www.gfycat.com/FrailHeavenlyIberianlynx