Even if PS4 was as weak as WiiU...

#1 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9940 posts) -

Would people still be led to believe it's the best by far and it has a secret sauce? And at the same time Sony would still get away with it?

#2 Posted by Twizded (144 posts) -

Up in the middle of the night? Decided to make weak troll bait thread?

#3 Posted by blamix99 (2560 posts) -

talking of secret sauce, do you mean the X1? LOL.. cause the PS4 is already the best console out there

#4 Posted by lamprey263 (25398 posts) -

cows would still put up a fight defending it, something along the lines of what really matters is the games and Sony has the best first party games and yadda-yadda

#5 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9940 posts) -

@twizded said:

Nah, it's 9:50 AM over here. Anyway, why has Sony always been touted as the most powerful even if it was not true? Why despite the fact that PS2 was Wii U of 2 gens ago when it came to TEH POWAH it didn't matter but people were still led to believe it's the best graphical powerhouse by far, but now it suddenly matters?

#6 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (8012 posts) -

It would sell better because Sony knows what they're doing when it comes to marketing a home console. Seriously, their commercials mop the floor with the ones NIntendo has coughed up for the Wii U.

#7 Posted by tormentos (20009 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Would people still be led to believe it's the best by far and it has a secret sauce? And at the same time Sony would still get away with it?

The only console claim to have secret sauce was the xbox one and it turn out to be nothing face it the xbox one is under power and more expensive.

The PS4 doesn't have anything secret is just more powerful and dev friendly.

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@twizded said:

Nah, it's 9:50 AM over here. Anyway, why has Sony always been touted as the most powerful even if it was not true? Why despite the fact that PS2 was Wii U of 2 gens ago when it came to TEH POWAH it didn't matter but people were still led to believe it's the best graphical powerhouse by far, but now it suddenly matters?

The PS2 was the most powerful console when it came out,please stop talking out of your ass,and the Wii U of that gen was the Dreamcast buffoon..

The PS2 was the most powerful console for exactly 20 months almost 2 years,it wasn't like the xbox and GC came on march 2000 you know..

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (10809 posts) -

PS4 has secret sauce?

#9 Posted by iloveatlus (409 posts) -

In another alternate reality, maybe..lol. But lets stick with the current reality, we shouldn't speculate on a alternate reality.

Xbox one is a weaker game console than the PS4 and we're led to believe that he has secret sauce, and we have a bunch of idiots defending Microsoft PR and their secret sauce. Folks need to stop being corporate slaves and stop defending these corporations

#10 Posted by DocSanchez (2256 posts) -

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

Fact is ps4 isn't as weak as wii u. That's on a par with vectrex as far as I can tell.

#11 Posted by SecretPolice (23335 posts) -

If it has a Sony logo then yes, many here would praise it but ya know, perhaps the Wii U may be stronger since I hear "N" is working on their own SecretSauce. :P

#12 Posted by locopatho (20775 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@twizded said:

Lol fuck off. The gap between PS2, Xbox and GC was nowhere near the gap between Wii to 360/PS3 and WiiU to Xbone/PS4.

The important fact is that PS2 was close enough to Xbox and GC to get the same games, just generally less pretty. PS2 could manage to run San Andreas for example. While Nintendo's Wii and WiiU consoles are so weak they are utterly left behind. The Wii would never, ever be able to run Grand Theft Auto 5. And the WiiU will never, ever be able to run Grand Theft Auto 6.

Anyway, even if the PS2 was saddled with Wii/WIiU levels of backwardness (it wasn't) , it's game library would still make up for it.

To summarise: PS2 wasn't THAT weak and had the best games library. Wii and WiiU ARE that weak and have the worst games libraries.

#13 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

Well it not like the PS4 has anything that the WiiU couldn't do. I'm still waiting for next gen to start.

#14 Posted by locopatho (20775 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

Well it not like the PS4 has anything that the WiiU couldn't do. I'm still waiting for next gen to start.

Yeah, I feel last gen games like Halo 4, The Last Of Us, Skyrim and Grand Theft Auto 5 are more impressive than anything on next gen yet. Hoping the likes of Dragon Age 3 and Batman Arkham Knight show us some proper next gen stuff.

#15 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9940 posts) -

I don't believe in any secret sauce for X1 for the record. The sole purpose of this thread was to hypothetically measure the lengths to which Sony would go with their PR to mask any deficiencies they would have. And of course the extent to which the public would fall for it. The comparison to WiiU wasn't meant to be a precise one and that wasn't the point.

#16 Edited by misterpmedia (4369 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I don't believe in any secret sauce for X1 for the record. The sole purpose of this thread was to hypothetically measure the lengths to which Sony would go with their PR to mask any deficiencies they would have. And of course the extent to which the public would fall for it. The comparison to WiiU wasn't meant to be a precise one and that wasn't the point.

After the PS3? I don't think they could have done anything successful to hide them. Myself, and I can guarantee other sony preferred gamers, stood on the fence early last year patiently waiting to see if disparity would arise again this generation as it did last. No-one likes to be burned twice. Not to mention people are more aware and the performance of the boxes gets more and more pushed into the spot light with each gen. If Sony would have had another PS3 fiasco then I think they would have struggled immensely in both positive PR and sales. Just so happens by a miracle that the reversed happened and Sony pantsed everyone. Fancy that, aye?

#17 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

Well thank goodness SONY delivered the sauce eh?

#18 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4089 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

yea and you failed at it because the ps2 was the most powerful system when it came out. The GC and xbox came out almost 2 years after. I they will obviously have better hardware

#19 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

sony fanboys would swallow, whatever sony gives 'em to swallow.

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (19276 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Strange questions. But I wonder if some cows would still defend and love it

#21 Posted by getyeryayasout (8408 posts) -

If a frog had wings, would he bump his ass a-hoppin'? I don't know what people would think and say in an alternate reality where the PS4 is technically the same as the WiiU, but Sony get's away with it...I don't even know what that means.

#22 Edited by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

Sony would still put out indisputable AAA exclusives with them Naughty Gods.

#23 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2727 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

cows would still put up a fight defending it, something along the lines of what really matters is the games and Sony has the best first party games and yadda-yadda

Shouldn't that be the basis of every argument about your favorite console, though? If the Xbox One had been more powerful, would Sony fans immediately jump ship, or would they stick to Playstation because that has the games they want?

Graphics will always be important, but they should never be more important than the games that come to the console. Otherwise, you might as just watch CGI-heavy movies.

#24 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10936 posts) -

Are you saying the Wii-U = Xbox One power wise? Because that would be stupid....but I doubt you would say such a stupid thing so no no I don't think that's what you're saying?