Even Devs Know Ryse Is The Best Looking Next Gen Game

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Cows Worst Nightmare

Chris Roberts smashing the dreams of Cows.......

Roberts stated that, “It’s incredibly powerful and visually as good as any engine out there. If you look at the next gen games, in my opinion, the best looking next-gen game is Ryse.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/cryengine-4-incredibly-powerful-best-looking-next-gen-game-is-ryse-star-citizen-creator#aAuKWKksmJ7FgElY.99

“Ryse is a fairly simplistic God of War mash-em up but just in terms of visuals and looks, it’s by far the best looking…its better looking than Killzone [Shadow Fall]. I’m a big Killzone fan but just technically if I look at Ryse and I look at Killzone, Ryse is superior.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/cryengine-4-incredibly-powerful-best-looking-next-gen-game-is-ryse-star-citizen-creator#aAuKWKksmJ7FgElY.99

Hmmmmm..........just one more person that also talks about Ryse being the best looking game for next gen.

I guess this debate can be put to rest now.

Oh yes I agree the game is not the greatest gameplay wise so spare me 'teh 4 sukzors' posts.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

What does it matter if the game is terrible?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

How long are lemmings going to hold on to this garbage? Trash game that looks inferior to KZSF imo and many others. Killzone being a native 1080p and actually maintaining a framerate above 30fps makes it superior.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Not sure why you used DEVS in the title.

A single man's opinion in there

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Keep holding onto that title until the gameplay for The Order is shown.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

So called less powerful console has the best looking game. One look at Ryse and you will throw rocks at KZ

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

goodlord, Ryse is running out of room on its belt to put notches, ANOTHER endorsement.

good job MS/XB1....starting the next gen off by collecting the graphics king. whats even more amazing is it has online multiplayer as well...i'm looking at you The Order:1886....and Infamous SS.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

goodlord, Ryse is running out of room on its belt to put notches, ANOTHER endorsement.

good job MS/XB1....starting the next gen off by collecting the graphics king. whats even more amazing is it has online multiplayer as well...i'm looking at you The Order:1886....and Infamous SS.

Lol, the multiplayer is dogshit.

Much like the rest of the game.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kuu2

@tymeservesfate said:

Not every game can have black bars at the top and bottom to mask its deficiencies.

I find it funny though that Chris is deving one of the best looking games ever and stomps on Bloom/Blur/FogZone and out right says that Ryse is technically superior.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kuu2

@tymeservesfate said:

When has Sony not said their console is the most powerful. I just haven't seen it yet in practice during any generation they have been part of.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Does it even bet last gen games (i.e. Crysis 3)?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kuu2

@lostrib said:

Without mods??? Absolutely...........

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@lostrib said:

I am doubtful

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Not every game can have black bars at the top and bottom to mask its deficiencies.

I find it funny though that Chris is deving one of the best looking games ever and stomps on Bloom/Blur/FogZone and out right says that Ryse is technically superior.

You're right, Ryse just gets around the issue with settling for a resolution which is much lower than 1080p.

resulting is an overall softer and less detailed image.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The Death of Gameplay.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tymeservesfate

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

When has Sony not said their console is the most powerful. I just haven't seen it yet in practice during any generation they have been part of.

has anyone, lol.

oh Sony...are these the great devs cows say you have? cutting multiplayer, co op, slapping bars on game windows, and downgrading games to 30fps to "save resources". well that doesnt sound like something the most powerful console ever made should have to do...welp, that party was over quick for cows.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuu2

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

You're right, Ryse just gets around the issue with settling for a resolution which is much lower than 1080p.

And yet Chris says the 1080p game is inferior to its 900p brother.

Keep walkin..............

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Cool. The guy at Digital Foundry disagreed.

lol 900p/20fps Ryse

I'll let lems rejoice by one's opinion until The Order gameplay is shown. Then we'll be ready to whipe lems tears

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReadingRainbow4

@kuu2 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

And yet Chris says the 1080p game is inferior to its 900p brother.

Keep walkin..............

Do you always value other opinions over your own when it comes to what you have seen with your own two eyes?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kuu2

@lostrib said:

@kuu2 said:

@lostrib said:

I am doubtful

Both games are gorgeous for sure. I can see that discussion going either way unlike the FogZone comparison.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

> Mentions "devs" in thread title

> Shows opinion of only one guy

lol 900p with frame drops to 20 and below disagrees. Also the guys from DF gave the nod to KZSF which destroys Ryse Flop of Rome in every way technically.

MdBrOtha04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MdBrOtha04
Member since 2003 • 1828 Posts

Cryengine has always set the standard. If Ryse was on ps4 it would look at least as good as the Xbox One version.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

How long are lemmings going to hold on to this garbage? Trash game that looks inferior to KZSF imo and many others. Killzone being a native 1080p and actually maintaining a framerate above 30fps makes it superior.w

How long are cows going to keep hyping Klownzone? A series that was a flop since it's first entry and progressively got worse over the course of it's 5 games. And btw, Klownzone could be 1440p at 120fps and it would still play like shit. Ryse is the best looking game; period. Stop watching youtube videos and actually play the game, pauperboy.

For example, just look at the particle effects, armor, water and scenery in Ryse and compare it to the so-called "cow wet dream" KZSF...Shadowballs couldn't hold a single pixel in comparison. The topic was about graphics. Imagine Ryse on PS4, do you actually think Poorstation4 could maintain 60fps or 1080p at launch with all the stuff that's going on in Ryse? At launch?

Exposed!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Kuu2 translation: "People who are devs also have opinions.".

Gr8.

To add I think you stole and opportunity of making this thread from me3x12, he'll be very upset and I worry for him.

Also LOL from below:
"Its one dev not devs, and that one dev is bigging up Cryengine because its the one hes using to make Star Citizen."

Makes sense now.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Its one dev not devs, and that one dev is bigging up Cryengine because its the one hes using to make Star Citizen.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kuu2

@MdBrOtha04 said:

Cryengine has always set the standard. If Ryse was on ps4 it would look at least as good as the Xbox One version.

Maybe but its not.

Uncles and aunts and all that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46195 Posts

@clone01 said:

What does it matter if the game is terrible?

This, who cares about a game looking amazing when you have 7 past generations of games looking worse but being a lot better.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@I_can_haz said:

> Mentions "devs" in thread title

> Shows opinion of only one guy

lol 900p with frame drops to 20 and below disagrees. Also The guys from DF gave the nod to KZSF which destroys Ryse Flop of Man in every way technically.

Kuu's also shown trouble in the past differentiating between the terms, Plural and Singular as well. In short he's an idiot.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Honestly, who cares about this?? The game is terrible... Like supremely terrible. Ryse is the Kim Kardashian of video games -- attractive but utterly worthless.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

How long are lemmings going to hold on to this garbage? Trash game that looks inferior to KZSF imo and many others. Killzone being a native 1080p and actually maintaining a framerate above 30fps makes it superior.

Still doesn't stop it being boring as hell.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tymeservesfate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

you mean the 900p Ryse is in right? what do you think the black bars put on The Order will do to the resolution friend?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ReadingRainbow4

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

you mean the 900p Ryse is in right? what do you think the black bars put on The Order will do to the resolution friend?

It's much easier to believe it was a design choice first of all. 1920x1080 vs 1920x800 is hardly to the same effect as what Ryse had to do.

Do I agree with this decision? absolutely not. I detest black bars but I don't think it's due to anything more than their vision of a "Cinematic experience."

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tymeservesfate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

It's much easier to believe it was a design choice first of all. 1920x1080 vs 1920x800 is hardly to the same effect as what Ryse had to do.

Do I agree with this decision? absolutely not. I detest black bars but I don't think it's due to anything more than their vision of a "Cinematic experience."

it was due to limitations of the console. just to clear that up for you....ur welcome.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Chris Roberts thinks the best looking next gen game is the only one that uses the same engine his game does. Shocking.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ReadingRainbow4

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kuu2 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

it was due to limitations of the console. just to clear that up for you....ur welcome.

That's interesting I had no idea the game was using 4xmsaa.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I played it a few days ago. It's pretty bland, but god, it looks pretty. The lighting and character models look insane. So does the foliage(Crytek game, right?).

The executions felt pretty damn satisfying despite them being QTE based.

For me, the game will always feel like waste potential, but it's okay.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

4/10 wouldn't tap. Also, did you know that Crytek thinks this is the best looking game? Yea that right! Crytek thinks Ryse is the best looking game lol. While any sane person who've played KZ knows (its so clear that i don't know why there's even a debate) KZ looks way better AND is more open.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kuu2
@scoots9 said:

Chris Roberts thinks the best looking next gen game is the only one that uses the same engine his game does. Shocking.

He pays to use the engine they don't give it to him so he has no reason to talk about another game especially on another platform. He also said he loves KZ and is a big fan.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@kuu2: Keep praising a crap game , thats all you have to in the end of the day ( 6 metacritic ) . Pathetic

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Definitely. If they had shown it without black bars from the beginning and suddenly came out with that they'll be applying them a couple of months later then, I agree, it would seem dubious, but they didn't. The other important part is that nothing is upscaled and therefore still native which won't harm IQ.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

lol the few left over lems come out and celebrate!!! yeah!!!!! lol

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tymeservesfate

@ReadingRainbow4: thanks for not needlessly cursing me out and calling me every name you can think of like some do on the regular here. it was refreshing to see. especially since this place has gotten kind of vile lately lol.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

^ and thats all folks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Doesn't hold 30fps, 900p, prebaked lighting, static environments and all in one of the most linear titles i've seen in a while. That's just the graphics, it completely lacks in polish, having 5 character models throughout the entire game, having enemies standing still in sight waiting for their cue to enter the fighting space all counts to the aesthetic imo.

If that's the best you've got lems then it's not looking good.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ReadingRainbow4

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4: thanks for not needlessly cursing me out and calling me every name you can think of like some do on the regular here. it was refreshing to see. especially since this place has gotten kind of vile lately lol.

I genuinely didn't know. I only knew it was in in 1920x800. Still I hardly think this is on the same level as Ryse, especially since it won't be upscaled :P.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Yet another misinformed lemming. Why create threads that make you look stupid?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Watch this and get back to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSqkxqIW5I

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice