Eurogamer: Microsoft won't reward early XB1 adopters

• 133 results
#1 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Just in case you were expecting a lil sumthin' sumthin' for them retracting full support for Kinect 2.0.

Microsoft confirmed that it's not planning to reward Xbox One early adopters following the console's price drop and recently revealed Kinect-less option.
When asked if its most passionate audience could expect any kind of bonus for jumping on board so soon - ala Nintendo's Ambassador's Program when the 3DS dropped its price - a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer: "No. As with many first generation products, the offerings can be expected to change and evolve over time. Kinect remains an integral part of our vision. Xbox One is better with Kinect, making games, TV and entertainment come alive with premium experiences."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...t-less-console

#2 Edited by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

Didn't they get a free game last November in Europe.

#3 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2762 posts) -

Well there is that Day One achievement.........

#4 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10321 posts) -

For all the members of the "Me" generation - those who always expect a trophy.

#5 Edited by melonfarmerz (1120 posts) -

I'd be pissed. Let's say I'm a huge Xbox fan who hates Kinect. That's totally unfair to force people to pay for something then take it away a few months later.

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3467 posts) -

From a company that makes you pay to play online, I'm not surprised.

#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13392 posts) -

Basically, thanks for your money now fuck off.

#8 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

Why would you? They got a Kinect, and bought the console within the launch window. If it's that big of an issue, sell the Kinect for $50 or so.

#9 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

I didn't get anything when I paid $600 for the PS3 and they turned around and dropped the price. I didn't expect it this time from Microsoft. Such is the risk for getting new hardware on launch.

#10 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3844 posts) -

Early x1 adopters dont deserve to be rewarded, they deserved to be slapped

#11 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2723 posts) -

No surprise the 1st xbots always get the finger. Like last gen on the red ring before MS was charging xbots to fix their shitbox's. Then out of the goodness of their hearts they agreed to fix RROD and give xbot's a extended warranty. They never did cover the scratched disc on the 360 from other publisher's and never refunded the xbot's who first reported the problem.

How many times must xbot's get bent over with no lube before they say they are sore and come over to Sony??

#12 Posted by mems_1224 (46507 posts) -

Ummm they paid for a kinect version and got a kinect version. Why would they be entitled to anything?

#13 Posted by Aljosa23 (24734 posts) -

LOL why would they be rewarded? Fucking entitlement complex some of you have.

#14 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -
#15 Posted by 35cent (891 posts) -

Well they have a Kinect, something which people that buy the Kinectless SKU won't have. I don't think they deserve a reward as they technically have one one already.

#16 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

Early PS3 adopters last gen deserve to get kick in the nuts.

#17 Edited by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

Yeah I think that's kinda poor on MS's part. 6 months after launch?

I understand maybe a year or a year and a half. But half a year?

#18 Edited by SolidTy (42422 posts) -

PS4 day one users got a bigger PS+ assortment of seven months of games and a $10 PSN giftcard for the PS Store.

Xbone, we got a day one achievement...

I buy all the machines at launch, so I was ready for this and in fact predicted two of today's announcements last year.

#19 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Ummm they paid for a kinect version and got a kinect version. Why would they be entitled to anything?

I doubt it's to do with being entitled to anything. Some comments I've read state that they didn't mind buying into the kinect bundle Xbone at launch because they knew it would be packed in and therefore a standard platform with adamant game support. Now that it isn't..in retrospect..it probably doesn't look like as good of a deal as it once did. If they knew it would have been dropped within the first 6 months, maybe they could have waited and saved some $$$? Idk.

#20 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3844 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Most yes, some bought it for a cheap blu ray player. The first ps3 I bought was june last year

#21 Edited by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

PS4 day one users got a bigger PS+ assortment of seven months of games and a $10 PSN giftcard for the PS Store.

I buy all the machines at launch, so I was ready for this and in fact predicted two of today's announcements last year.

That is the risk of an early adopter.

#22 Posted by SolidTy (42422 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

That is the risk of an early adopter.

That is what I always say...but I like to get the new toys and tinker with them so I pay the price.

#23 Posted by edwardecl (2105 posts) -

Then have a Beast dropped on them...

#24 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29100 posts) -

I mean, you buy an early version of a console or any electronic device expecting things to change. This shouldn't come off as surprising...

#25 Posted by jsolidus (149 posts) -

I dont know why anyone is defending M$. They've been screwing there fan base for years and the early adapters this year have been screwed the most. We all know console go down in price but its usually during the second holiday season. M$ has been in desperation mode since February, 2 months after launch? that's pathetic and they've basically given their most loyal fan base the finger this gen. This is one reason I will not game on a M$ system. despite the fact that they fixing things once they get back on their feet they'll go on screwing their fan base.

#26 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1350 posts) -

Just in case you were expecting a lil sumthin' sumthin' for them retracting full support for Kinect 2.0.

Microsoft confirmed that it's not planning to reward Xbox One early adopters following the console's price drop and recently revealed Kinect-less option.

When asked if its most passionate audience could expect any kind of bonus for jumping on board so soon - ala Nintendo's Ambassador's Program when the 3DS dropped its price - a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer: "No. As with many first generation products, the offerings can be expected to change and evolve over time. Kinect remains an integral part of our vision. Xbox One is better with Kinect, making games, TV and entertainment come alive with premium experiences."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...t-less-console

they are a bunch of fucking liars, the only reason I bought one was because I was under the impression that a Kinect less option will never come, so I figured what the heck....F Microsoft.

#27 Posted by santoron (7690 posts) -

Yeah I think that's kinda poor on MS's part. 6 months after launch?

I understand maybe a year or a year and a half. But half a year?

Yeah, I agree. The precedent has been set here on how to reward your most ardent fans when you're forced to slash prices on your flagging console so soon. An "Ambassador Program" of sorts would have been a great way to keep everyone excited about today's news, whether they had bought already or not.

#28 Edited by tormentos (17069 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

WHY.?

Do you know early fat launch PS3 were the most look up PS3 to buy in second hand markets.? And actually carry the higher value of any other model.?

Lets see if you can guess why for 500 points...lol

#29 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6137 posts) -

Very weak topic.

#30 Posted by gago-gago (9349 posts) -

Dumb article, dumber readers who actually believes this only applies to Xbox One early adopters lol.

#31 Edited by iloveatlus (255 posts) -

Rotfl. Early adopters think they're entitle to something. I bought an Xbox 360 on launch for $399 and now that shit cost $179? I fucking want a refund or compensation.

#32 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (525 posts) -

@iloveatlus: Nintendo did it with the 3DS... It did ease some of the butt hurt.

#33 Edited by melonfarmerz (1120 posts) -

On second thought, opposite of my previous comment, early adopters should just suck it up. We all know that console prices go down. You paid 100 but you also got a product that people paying for the SKU xboxes don't get.

#34 Edited by mems_1224 (46507 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I doubt it's to do with being entitled to anything. Some comments I've read state that they didn't mind buying into the kinect bundle Xbone at launch because they knew it would be packed in and therefore a standard platform with adamant game support. Now that it isn't..in retrospect..it probably doesn't look like as good of a deal as it once did. If they knew it would have been dropped within the first 6 months, maybe they could have waited and saved some $$$? Idk.

Thats what happens when you buy a console at launch. Why should they be rewarded for having not patience?

#35 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7307 posts) -

Only a Microsoft hater would think some reward should happen. I honestly can not think of one reason why MS should that makes sense. It is not even the same product since Kinect is not even with it.

#36 Edited by Sagemode87 (798 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt: Look who came crawling from the woodwork lol.

#37 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

They shouldn't be rewarded for being dumb enough to buy an Xbone.

#38 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28357 posts) -

sheens: bubububu microsoft is evil even when they remove something that made then evil they are still evil! evil!

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (23108 posts) -

I really didn't get anything for early adopting a PS3 or Wii, hell I had to buy a DS3 because mine came with a SIXAXIS and I also had to buy my own component and HDMI cables because they weren't included.

#40 Posted by robduran (8 posts) -

Maybe Microsoft will backtrack again.

#41 Edited by Bigboi500 (29309 posts) -

Kinect is the only reward they wanted. lol

#42 Posted by sailor232 (4433 posts) -

Systems drop in price as components become cheaper, and technology improves so so fast so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Bunch of whiny kids.

#43 Posted by CleanPlayer (9787 posts) -

I don't expected to be rewarded at all, I knew very well what I was getting into when I bought one lol

#44 Posted by melonfarmerz (1120 posts) -

Systems drop in price as components become cheaper, and technology improves so so fast so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Bunch of whiny kids.

Pretty much. If you buy first, it means you're paying to play it right away. ya people are paying less than you now but they also missed out on half a year of time with the new Xbox.

Gamer entitlement is ridiculous

#45 Posted by Spitfire-Six (501 posts) -

This is a stupid thread.

#46 Posted by Evo_nine (1634 posts) -

xbox was $600 with fifa in Australia, which I would of bought anyways

ps4 was $550 with nothing

therefore xbox was actually cheaper for me and I got Kinect which I use a lot + I got to enjoy the much better exclusives.

Right now there is no reason at all to purchase a ps4.

#47 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

":Kinect(lol) remains an integral part of our vision. Xbox One is better with Kinect,(lol) making games, TV and entertainment come alive with premium experiences.""

sure, that's why you just shit canned it..lol

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (16854 posts) -

I wasn't. I am not a self entitled baby. Anyone who buys the 2015 corvette in Dec '14 doesn't expect something come Sept 2015 when they are cheaper in anticipation of the 2016 corvette.

#49 Posted by Netret0120 (2028 posts) -

Lol. They have abandonned the kinect. Nobody would buy it seperately. I am sure they are bleeding money now with a $100 price cuy so soon after launch.

#50 Posted by Spitfire-Six (501 posts) -

@Heil68: correct me if I'm wrong, but they added a additional purchase option? So how exactly is that shit canning the kinect?