Epic shows the new Unreal Tournament's team deathmatch mode

#1 Posted by lawlessx (46634 posts) -

They need to hurry up and release this already!

#2 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4286 posts) -

looking good, defo going to keep my eye on this one but im not so sure about health packs. going to feel weird using them again

#3 Edited by Guy_Brohski (285 posts) -

Looks like they have quite a long ways to go before shipping..

#4 Posted by NFJSupreme (5292 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: I can't wait to play a shooter where map control and pick up timing actually matter and it's just not run around mindlessly or camping in some corner.

#5 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4286 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: I can't wait to play a shooter where map control and pick up timing actually matter and it's just not run around mindlessly or camping in some corner.

amen to that. halo 3 was the last good arena shooter imo, hopefully unreal and halo 5 bring back the good ol days

#6 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

looking good but DAMN i want Single player unreal game. it would be so much amazing if we get SP unreal reboot on unreal engine 4...

#7 Posted by Daious (1246 posts) -

It is so weird to see Cliffy B and Epic both make two different free to play shooters coming in the same time frame.

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (29977 posts) -

looking good but DAMN i want Single player unreal game. it would be so much amazing if we get SP unreal reboot on unreal engine 4...

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

#9 Posted by parkurtommo (26749 posts) -

Just looks like a normal arena shooter right now, once they add all of the pretty graphics then it will look different, :P

Damn I love that chillstep-y track these guys have, I remember they used that in a tech demo a while ago.

#10 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

1998 unreal 1? it was better than any tounrament.

#11 Posted by lawlessx (46634 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

the first game had both a singleplayer and muitplayer. i also wouldn't mind seeing a reboot

#12 Posted by MonsieurX (29977 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

But multiplayer is where its at.

#13 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

single player was equally awesome. it was one of best SP FPS at that time...

#14 Posted by Heil68 (43939 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

Casual gamer request. Dont mind him.

#15 Posted by PapaTrop (828 posts) -

This game will be THE fps game to play whenever it releases.

At least.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen.

#16 Posted by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

It really wasn´t,in fact,the quality of the single player experience was the thing under the most criticism back then.

#17 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1937 posts) -

Agreed 100%. I do hope it feels fast. UT3 felt slower, in both the movement and the turn speed for some reason. But it's looking great.

#18 Posted by adamosmaki (9503 posts) -

looking good, defo going to keep my eye on this one but im not so sure about health packs. going to feel weird using them again

adding health packs is one the best decisions they made

#19 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1490 posts) -

dear lord mouse and keyboard is so corny.

#20 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4641 posts) -

that guy had like a million pages open in his compiler.

good update. thank you lawless

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (8267 posts) -

Looks like Unreal Tournament 3 alpha.

#22 Edited by foxhound_fox (88047 posts) -

This being F2P and an obviously passion-driven project makes me really looking forward to playing it. I'm glad they are trying a different money-making route rather than just charging straight up front. They might actually make more money that way (people are way more likely to spend more money in smaller chunks than they are in one large payment).

#23 Posted by lawlessx (46634 posts) -

This being F2P and an obviously passion-driven project makes me really looking forward to playing it. I'm glad they are trying a different money-making route rather than just charging straight up front. They might actually make more money that way (people are way more likely to spend more money in smaller chunks than they are in one large payment).

they're going to making money off the modders that create stuff for the game. The game itself will be completely free while modders can give away or sell their work at a marketplace

#24 Posted by gameofthering (10193 posts) -

Looking good.

#25 Posted by BldgIrsh (2175 posts) -

dear lord mouse and keyboard is so corny.

Don't like m/kb connect a gamepad :D But, don't cry hacker when you are getting outplayed by someone using m/kb.

#26 Posted by pelvist (4711 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

Unreal,single player?

lolwat

I think you are pretty much alone in that sentiment.

#27 Edited by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Actually he's correct. Unreal (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/unreal) was primarlily a single-player game and it was regarded as the best FPS at the time of its release and the "quake killer" (Quake 2).

Unreal Tournament was the game that changed focus to the multi-player side like Quake 3 did.

#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13809 posts) -

Really not much to go on here.

#29 Posted by leandrro (841 posts) -

feels like quake 3 1998's gameplay

#30 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@leandrro said:

feels like quake 3 1998's gameplay

So you played it?

Looks like it would feel like UT 3.

#31 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

classic twitch shooter...yeees!

#32 Edited by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@system-reboot said:

@MonsieurX said:

@system-reboot said:

It really wasn´t,in fact,the quality of the single player experience was the thing under the most criticism back then.

No it wasn't, we're talking about Unreal, not Unreal Tournament. Unreal was one of the best FPS games out there back then.

#33 Posted by clyde46 (45962 posts) -

It looked like UT3. Hell it still had the same weapons as UT3.

#34 Edited by pelvist (4711 posts) -

@7mdma said:

@pelvist said:

Actually he's correct. Unreal (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/unreal) was primarlily a single-player game and it was regarded as the best FPS at the time of its release and the "quake killer" (Quake 2).

Unreal Tournament was the game that changed focus to the multi-player side like Quake 3 did.

TBH I dont really remember much about Unreal 1, I certainly dont remember it being all that good. I do remember how bad Unreal 2 was though.

#35 Edited by blangenakker (2287 posts) -

I wonder when modders will be able to get their hands on it

#36 Edited by lawlessx (46634 posts) -

I wonder when modders will be able to get their hands on it

modders can already get access to the engine and start designing. As for when epic will start letting us play the game my guess is Q4

#37 Posted by Litchie (16269 posts) -

I hope people will fucking play it. I loved UT3 but it didn't take long until it was dead. People went back to UT2004 or something. UT3 was way more like the first UT, which is why i loved it.

#38 Edited by speedfog (3113 posts) -

Mhhh I love arena shooters.

#39 Posted by Bishop1310 (1049 posts) -

Looks like they have quite a long ways to go before shipping..

meh not really. once you lay the ground work and into adding little things like names above team mates heads and into level design, you're not too far out from a release.

#40 Posted by intotheminx (598 posts) -

I hope the game plays fast. I miss the blazing speed of the old days.