Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two - Musical, Multiplat (PS3,360,Wii)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Full Details Here

More Details

Platforms:

Wii, PS3, 360

Release:

Fall 2012

Mickey is returning to wasteland, revisiting areas but they've changed -- he's also going to be visiting new wasteland areas as well.

Musical:

The game is going to be a fully voice, songs and music will change depending on whether you make Mickey well mannered or misbehave.

Drop in and drop out co-op:

One player controls Mickey, the other playing as Oswald, who wields a remote control that can manipulate electricity

Oswald is always there:

Even in single player Oswald is a 'helper' character.

Better camera:

Spector and Junction Point are promising a much friendly camera system this time around. "Over 1000 specific changes have been made to the camera"

Screens:

In this vide game image released by Disney, a scene is sh... AP

#2 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9738 posts) -

I didn't even play the first one.

#3 Posted by Planeforger (16077 posts) -
The original had a great concept, so if they work on the execution...this could be a solid title. Not sure about the musical bit, but hey, Disney musicals tend to work well enough.
#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
musical? lol pass
#5 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
Cool, looking forward to seeing more of it. First game was good with rough edges so if they fix that should be a great game. Yes for co-op!
#6 Posted by JLF1MarkII (1416 posts) -

Buying it, really liked the Wii game.

Wouldn't mind picking up a Wiiu version, think about it Nintendo ;)

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (60334 posts) -
What does musical even mean?
#8 Posted by JLF1MarkII (1416 posts) -

The original had a great concept, so if they work on the execution...this could be a solid title. Not sure about the musical bit, but hey, Disney musicals tend to work well enough.Planeforger

Let's hope it's Fantasia and not Fantasia 2000.

#9 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
What does musical even mean?charizard1605
Bursting out singing. I got the first game as a gift and I traded it in. I only ever played an hour of it.
#10 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26817 posts) -

if its heavy with this musical thing ill pass.

#11 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
I love the idea it's a musical such a change from the norm....Can't wait to give it a try
#12 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
I hope they make it feel like Fantasia. A surrealistic action adventure. It would be great.
#13 Posted by amaneuvering (4016 posts) -

Prepares for more disappointment...

#14 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Updated the OP with more
#15 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
My brother got the first one for christmas two years ago, or whatever. He absolutely hated it. Not excited about this one.
#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (25717 posts) -

move support with this game shall be interesting

#17 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

First game was garbage. No interest in this.

#18 Posted by JLF1MarkII (1416 posts) -

Whoa, the first game sold 1.3 million in US alone :shock:

Impressive.

#19 Posted by laus_basic (8287 posts) -

so much for this looking better because it's now on 360/PS3. Looks like the first game.
Not really looking forward to it, much more interested about that rumored 3DS version.

#20 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3240 posts) -
Perfect for move controller, or sing a long with kinect...
#21 Posted by Allicrombie (25425 posts) -
GoTY.
#22 Posted by web966 (11656 posts) -
I like the idea of a video game musical.
#23 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

If the music is all the score's from every Disney animation classi.c. like The Lion King, Hercules, Aladdin, etc. than Day 1 Buy. :D

#24 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

They should include the original on the disk :)

#25 Posted by immortality20 (7958 posts) -

Cool, I'll buy it for 360 some day down the road. As long as it isn't a Kinect only game.

#26 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26235 posts) -

Huh. I expected it to be on Wii-U, not Wii.

#27 Posted by amaneuvering (4016 posts) -

Nice circles for shadows.

:|

#28 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

I can see this being "Better with Kinect".

#29 Posted by keybladegamer (516 posts) -

Although I actually liked the original, I'm sort of tentative about this game. I mean, is the primary focus of this game just going to be on music? What is a musical game, because I truly have no idea.

Also, thank goodness they're fixing the camera issues. The camera was terrible in the original, and this is coming from a fan of Epic Mickey.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (46456 posts) -
First game is horrendous, pile of garbage. No hope for this, bargain bin within 3 months.
#31 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

so much for this looking better because it's now on 360/PS3. Looks like the first game.
Not really looking forward to it, much more interested about that rumored 3DS version.

laus_basic

Agreed. I'll have to wait for footage, but so far it looks pretty much the same visually.

#32 Posted by Slashkice (13561 posts) -

Musical? Wait, what?

First game had tons of potential but was ultimately disappointing. Epic Mickey needed a sequel, but I'm not sure about this.

#33 Posted by m_machine024 (15104 posts) -

Not sure about the musical part but it looks like it plays the same. Will definitly get it. Also, VA is a nice plus.

#34 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
The first one was meh, had potential, but was poorly executed in nearly all aspects. The mere fact that this is a musical has me excited, but I'm going to remain skeptical. I was excited about the first too and ended up disappointed.
#35 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
Im getting this, just because Warren "God" Spector (master of Deus EX) is working on this.
#36 Posted by D4W1L4H (1764 posts) -

Gimmie gimmie gimmie.

#37 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

move support with this game shall be interesting

finalstar2007

Eh, if it controls like the first, IR aiming didn't really add much to the games controls, just an alternative. You should be good with the dualshock :P

I enjoyed the first game, it's problems were so overblown, of course the game was overhyped pre-launch, so eh. Was a fun game, I need to get around the finishing it, the styIe and design was just fun

#38 Posted by lamprey263 (25024 posts) -
they should just drop the "2" out of the title, because people just might want to pass on it not having played the first one
#39 Posted by Slashkice (13561 posts) -

First footage.

It looks like the same thing as the first. :/

#40 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

First footage.

Slashkice
Disappointing. Oh well.
#41 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

First footage.

Slashkice
Fix the problem the first one had and it should be a great game. Didn't expect any cosmetic changes so eh. Love how Oswald run.
#42 Posted by m_machine024 (15104 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

First footage.

ShuichiChamp24

Fix the problem the first one had and it should be a great game. Didn't expect any cosmetic changes so eh. Love how Oswald run.

Yup. Better camera with also smoother IR controls and the game's gonna be a blast.

#43 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4146 posts) -

I'll stick with Kingdom Hearts thank you.

#44 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

First footage.

Slashkice
Paint and thinner looks like it hasn't been improved at all. But if it being a musical is as big a part of the game as Spector is suggesting I'll reserve judgement until I see that aspect of the game.
#45 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

I wouldn't be suprised to see a Wii U version down the road later. I think it would work well on it.

#46 Posted by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

if it has move support..ill get it on ps3....if not then ill stick to wii...unless they gimp it too much... dont mind bad graphics.

#47 Posted by runbleduck (578 posts) -
lol 700 people to work on a upscaled Wii port. Disney would be better off going with John Romero instead of Warren Spector.