Epic Mickey 2 review

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28281 posts) -

lol.

#2 Posted by santoron (7988 posts) -

Ouch.

*Edit* After reading the full review, I still kind of want to play it.

#3 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -

Not even as good a Journey and Wonderbook.

#4 Posted by Giancar (19069 posts) -
Damn McShea :x
#5 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

Wonderbook > Epic Mickey 2

#6 Posted by super600 (31031 posts) -

Prepare for round 2.Fight.

#7 Posted by Slashkice (13609 posts) -

The first game was disappointing, but it had potential. Guess they didn't tap any of it for the sequel. :/

#8 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Tom McLol
#9 Posted by Mario1331 (8844 posts) -

this is hoenstly disney fault

they should of just kept the dark theme Mr. Specter wanted to do with epic mickey 1

#10 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4146 posts) -

It's crazy how well received the concept art was, and then they made a game that was nothing like it. Then did it again.

#11 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Not surprised. The first game was terrible. At least the art style looks great though.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (60991 posts) -
3DS version best confirmed.
#13 Posted by getyeryayasout (8408 posts) -
I'm sure kids will love it, but that's a disappointing score. I never understand when a sequel suffers from most of the problems of the original. Fix that sh!t, a$$holes.
#14 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2279 posts) -

Not surprised at all.

#15 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11989 posts) -

3DS version best confirmed.charizard1605

Ehhh, the demo was kinda meh in my opinion.

#16 Posted by Slashkice (13609 posts) -

It might be better, but I didn't think it was very good either based on the demo. :>

#17 Posted by runbleduck (578 posts) -
umm no, the 3DS version will likely score much less. Check out the demo impressions thread.
#18 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

Oswald is an utter moron who actively hinders your progress

OMAQ5.gifWell damn!...didn't have to go that hard on Oz.

#19 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26238 posts) -

Yet another game gets McShea'd.

#20 Posted by glez13 (9016 posts) -

So the rumors were true. The game sucks. :(

#21 Posted by runbleduck (578 posts) -
Hey guys, Warren Spector had over 700 people develop this utter garbage. Yep, this is a $100+ million dollar flop. Spector single handedly ruined deus ex and thief, and now he managed to outdo himself by spending over 100 million dollars to make an even worse game than the utterly awful first epic flop mickey.
#22 Posted by mitu123 (154602 posts) -

They made another one?

#23 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23835 posts) -

I am really starting to doubt gs's scores.

but those complaints seem pretty legit

#24 Posted by madsnakehhh (14943 posts) -

they should of just kept the dark theme Mr. Specter wanted to do with epic mickey 1

Mario1331

Sadly the issue with the first game, more than the art style or the tone of the game, was the gameplay which it seems is still the biggest problem with the sequel, what a shame, this franchise had a lot of potential.

#25 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]3DS version best confirmed.Slashkice

It might be better, but I didn't think it was very good either based on the demo. :>

It seemed okay, other than how everything seemed to move kind of slow, and how you can't skip the reams of pointless text they put in front of you before you get to play a game.
#26 Posted by klusps (10385 posts) -

It's a shame, the concept behind it the Epic Mikey games are very interesting.

#27 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5489 posts) -
So?
#28 Posted by silversix_ (15888 posts) -
Same problems as the first but scored way lower, why? Cuz hd twins don't have low Wii standards. If this was released on Wii alone it probably be a 7 or 7.5/10
#29 Posted by darkspineslayer (20357 posts) -
Warren Spector is quickly becoming the next Moleneux. Difference is a kinect epic Micky might be better than the real games.
#30 Posted by Wild_man_22 (709 posts) -

Expected

#31 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

Hey guys, Warren Spector had over 700 people develop this utter garbage. Yep, this is a $100+ million dollar flop. Spector single handedly ruined deus ex and thief, and now he managed to outdo himself by spending over 100 million dollars to make an even worse game than the utterly awful first epic flop mickey. runbleduck
First of all,I seriously doubt 700 people worked on this game and much less it costing 100+ millions lol,secondly,Deus Ex Invisible War was led by Harvey Smith,not Warren,and finally, he wasn´t even involved in the development of Thief Deadly Shadows.

So clearly you have no idea what you´re talking about.

#32 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -
Poor Warren Spector.
#33 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9369 posts) -

The first game had so much promise. It just needed a sequel to expand on its foundation... I played the Demo of the second game on PSN and discovered to my horror that it was far worse than the first. They should have tried to improve what they had instead of trying to implement another major element they couldn't handle... Co-op.

#34 Posted by kitty (114993 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]3DS version best confirmed.PhazonBlazer

Ehhh, the demo was kinda meh in my opinion.

Same opinion here. While it might be better, probably not by much.
#35 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -
Garbage, just like the first game.
#36 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -

Maybe Disney's better off focusing on mobile games. Too bad though, they have a veritable diamond mine of titles. Especially after they gobbled up LucasArts.

#37 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9029 posts) -

I thought the demo was a lot of fun. I may pick it up.

#38 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27924 posts) -
Same problems as the first but scored way lower, why? Cuz hd twins don't have low Wii standards. If this was released on Wii alone it probably be a 7 or 7.5/10silversix_
Too bad the first game scored in the 6 range. Try again.
#39 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27924 posts) -
I wonder what the Wii version would score. Bear in mind that the HD versions aren't the main focused versions, the Wii version is as that is developed by Junction Point. Blitz Games developed it on PS360 and Heavy Iron is doing a Wii U version.
#40 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

3DS best confirmed!

#41 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
the game always looked like crap...and if the first one is anything to go by...it was destined to score badly
#42 Posted by Mario1331 (8844 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

madsnakehhh

Sadly the issue with the first game, more than the art style or the tone of the game, was the gameplay which it seems is still the biggest problem with the sequel, what a shame, this franchise had a lot of potential.

so i hear. im still going to try it out but it looks]ed mediocre from the start

#43 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Mcshea'd
#44 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17476 posts) -

Not even as good a Journey and Wonderbook.

DarkLink77

That says something

#45 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -
Good lord, I had some hope for the sequel.
#46 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

Higher than zombieU

#47 Posted by locopatho (20770 posts) -
More garbage. I know this game is multiplat but it's really the type of crap that got hyped so much on the Wii. Glad I stopped listening to sheep and 9GN (The Conduit is awesome!!!!) and stuck to GS more strict standards nowadays :P
#48 Posted by hippiesanta (9987 posts) -
warren Spector need to learn a lesson from this and not just being arrogant bashing hardcore gamers
#49 Posted by theSADmafioso (482 posts) -

How sad, it really looked like it could be something special. I guess we'll just have to hope next gen will bring the Mickey game that we need but not the one that we deserve.

#50 Posted by TheEroica (14411 posts) -
I wanted this game to succeed so bad.... not a good morning for that i guess.