Epic Games Want Logo Removed from Upcoming PC Game

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

No sir, I don't like it.

If you want to get a publisher for this thing, have the guy kill zombies or monsters instead of innocent civilians.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@speedfog said:

Stop playing war games people. Soldiers are innocent human too!

omfg

What if they are Nazi's trained by Myra Hindleys ghost?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

I never knew Jack Thompson had a Gamespot Account.

"You just watch. There is going to be a Columbine-times-10 incident, and everyone will finally get it. Either that, or some video gamer is going to go Columbine at some video game exec's expense or at E3, and then the industry will begin to realize that there is no place to hide, that it has trained a nation of Manchurian Children."

Good ol' Jack, telling everyone on a Joystiq forum his wet dream, circa 2008

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#156 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@uninspiredcup: This isn't a violent game.. it is a purposeful, psychopath inducing video game. That is the purpose of this video game. These fucked-in-the-head devs WANT kids to play this game and go nuts. They HAVE to.. in order for them to, as vl4d_l3nin said:

"They put time, effort, and money into making."

... Such a game thats sole basis and priority is to play a psychopathic killer who's objective is to kill as many people as possible before you go down.

... HAS to be the devs objective. To essentially induce terrorism. I hope not one copy is purchased or supported. Not one..

I'll support it

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@timster20 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inklineface said:

Can't blame them. Being associated with pc is a smear on anyones character.

pc has more game, devs, gamers, and sales than all consoles combined.

Yet it's console games that continue to break game sales records and consoles drive the decisions of most of the major publishers.

Yet what I said is still true and refutes Inkface.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Jankarcop

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@inklineface said:

Stop shilling for PC when you don't have one. It's so sad.

Tell me though, why do you? It's actually confusing.

If someone came up to you and with a straight/serious face stated "Ferrari > Civic", would you not state otherwise regardless if you owned either?

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159 timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@timster20 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inklineface said:

Yet it's console games that continue to break game sales records and consoles drive the decisions of most of the major publishers.

Yet what I said is still true and refutes Inkface.

Funny that what you say is true yet still consoles drive most publishers decisions. Also remember that mmo's are just getting started on console. Console doesn't have all those casual browser games that rake in about 7 billion a year on pc. Apples and oranges.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Hahaha, you guys are pathetic if this offends you. Go outside for a change.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Jankarcop

@timster20 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@timster20 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@inklineface said:

Funny that what you say is true yet still consoles drive most publishers decisions. Also remember that mmo's are just getting started on console. Console doesn't have all those casual browser games that rake in about 7 billion a year on pc. Apples and oranges.

100% offtopic. I refuted InkFace, please read that as I made it a large font for slow individuals such as yourself.

Please do not quote our conversation if you are going to start an off-topic conversation on top of it. Make a new post.

Also stop using the word "yet" as if what you wrote is stopping PC from being first place in gaming. Excuses don't stop facts.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@Shewgenja: But GTA is in no way, shape or form portrayed in the manner that Hatred is. "**** the world I'm going to kill myself and take as many people with me as possible." .. is not how GTA is portrayed nor is it based on.

Yes.. ALL violent games get flack. However this "flack" is easily brushed under the rug because those games such as GTA can be EASILY related to violent television and many counter points can be drawn. But this.. this is asking for it! You can't even compare hatred to a movie! This whacked game is WAY more violent then ANYTHING seen on television. So how the hell do you counter that? ...The shit storm of media fire from this game will only serve to hurt our hobby in the worst way.

I have to disagree with the television statement... There are movies based off columbine. Theres actually a couple of them. Plus you have movies like saw... i actually like the saw movies, but they look more brutal and more realistic than this game. Movies honestly can do what ever they want and games should be given the same privilege. Its already widely know video games are not only for little kids. Has anyone scene the movie Rampage on netflix?, its practically the exact concept of Hatred but uses actors aka real people to portray them.

I support the right of this game to exist. If it ends up having bland game play, bugs, or other issues I wont play it. But if its good ill play it.

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#163 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

Hahaha, you guys are pathetic if this offends you. Go outside for a change.

+1

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

@Shewgenja: But GTA is in no way, shape or form portrayed in the manner that Hatred is. "**** the world I'm going to kill myself and take as many people with me as possible." .. is not how GTA is portrayed nor is it based on.

Yes.. ALL violent games get flack. However this "flack" is easily brushed under the rug because those games such as GTA can be EASILY related to violent television and many counter points can be drawn. But this.. this is asking for it! You can't even compare hatred to a movie! This whacked game is WAY more violent then ANYTHING seen on television. So how the hell do you counter that? ...The shit storm of media fire from this game will only serve to hurt our hobby in the worst way.

I have to disagree with the television statement... There are movies based off columbine. Theres actually a couple of them. Plus you have movies like saw... i actually like the saw movies, but they look more brutal and more realistic than this game. Movies honestly can do what ever they want and games should be given the same privilege. Its already widely know video games are not only for little kids. Has anyone scene the movie Rampage on netflix?, its practically the exact concept of Hatred but uses actors aka real people to portray them.

I support the right of this game to exist. If it ends up having bland game play, bugs, or other issues I wont play it. But if its good ill play it.

Games are different from movies and TV shows. You play on the game. It's not passive. I know playing violent games doesn't compel one to commit more violent acts. But it seems a lot of you avoided my post. Would you play a game where you persecute Jews in WWII? Would you play a game where your mission is to rape women, kill them, and avoid police? Would you play where you have to kill kids and babies just for the sake of it? Would you play where your mission is to kill as many students as possible in a school? If you enjoy these kinds of games I wouldn't go near you. Seriously... Gamers don't really know their medium.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 jeezers

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

Games are different from movies and TV shows. You play on the game. It's not passive. I know playing violent games doesn't compel one to commit more violent acts. But it seems a lot of you avoided my post. Would you play a game where you persecute Jews in WWII? Would you play a game where your mission is to rape women, kill them, and avoid police? Would you play where you have to kill kids and babies just for the sake of it? Would you play where your mission is to kill as many students as possible in a school? If you enjoy these kinds of games I wouldn't go near you. Seriously... Gamers don't really know their medium.

I would play a holocaust game, but i would want to play as the jew, being the nazi would be way to easy.

I still disagree, if playing a game about killing innocent people is off limits. Then movies that show innocent people being killed should be off limits. Your argument is that " In movies you arent in control, movies are passive". But at the same time i can say video games are pixels and movies use real people to portray those actions. So what is worse taking part of it in a fake world or watching it for entertainment in a real world setting.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#166  Edited By TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I loved Postal 2 and will most definitely be supporting this product. Great animations.

Postal 2 was comedy. How could you not laugh at a game where you can pee on a cop? I will try this one too.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 lordlors

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

I would play a holocaust game, but i would want to play as the jew, being the nazi would be way to easy.

I still disagree, if playing a game about killing innocent people is off limits. Then movies that show innocent people being killed should be off limits. Your argument is that " In movies you arent in control, movies are passive". But at the same time i can say video games are pixels and movies use real people to portray those actions. So what is worse taking part of it in a fake world or watching it for entertainment in a real world setting.

Your argument is weak. Looking at real people is still not as immersive as doing the action yourself in a digital world even though it's just pixels. Hell man are you a gamer? Films and video games are just different. Let me hear from you that you are willing to play a game where you are to rape women, kill a baby if there happens to be one, and avoid police. The higher number of wounds and stabs and blood would result to a higher score. I can't fathom somebody who enjoys such a game is normal.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#168  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I loved Postal 2 and will most definitely be supporting this product. Great animations.

Postal 2 was comedy. How could you not laugh at a game where you can pee on a cop? I will try this one too.

Most of the time, you are only peeing on them to put out the fire, from your gas and light. You are practically trying to save them.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#170 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@speedfog said:

Stop playing war games people. Soldiers are innocent human too!

omfg

What if they are Nazi's trained by Myra Hindleys ghost?

You make my brain explode.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jeezers

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

Your argument is weak. Looking at real people is still not as immersive as doing the action yourself in a digital world even though it's just pixels. Hell man are you a gamer? Films and video games are just different. Let me hear from you that you are willing to play a game where you are to rape women, kill a baby if there happens to be one, and avoid police. The higher number of wounds and stabs and blood would result to a higher score. I can't fathom somebody who enjoys such a game is normal.

Well as far as i know the game HATRED doesn't have you raping woman and killing babies, you are just killing people... soooo sure i wouldnt play a game where you rape woman and kill babies. But ill play a game where you kill people.... been doing it since i was 6 years old lol

I also wouldn't watch a movie where the entire movie was raping woman and killing babies, I don't really see how that argument works for you here, but ok.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Looks horrible. lol Not sure what's fun about killing and torturing weak defenseless innocent people. They can make the game if they want but I'm not touching that shit.

Ugh.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By lordlors

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

Well as far as i know the game HATRED doesn't have you raping woman and killing babies, you are just killing people... soooo sure i wouldnt play a game where you rape woman and kill babies. But ill play a game where you kill people.... been doing it since i was 6 years old lol

I also wouldn't watch a movie where the entire movie was raping woman and killing babies, I don't really see how that argument works for you here, but ok.

I am not talking about Hatred. I'm talking about the stance that games can revolve just about anything which is wrong. The fact you aren't willing to play such a game suggests there are boundaries that games cannot cross. Making a game that revolves around raping women, killing babies, etc. just isn't right. Killing people or having sex in video games is nothing really. But raping, killing babies, etc. that's too far. Is there even a film that revolves around raping women and killing babies? If it does exists, the people who enjoy watching it are disturbed people.

When some people deemed GTA as a murder simulator I just laughed. A true murder simulator is a game that forces you to think like a psychopath like stalking women, hearing their screams, feeling their fear of your presence, etc. You don't do that in any present video game.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

I am not talking about Hatred. I'm talking about the stance that games can revolve just about anything which is wrong. The fact you aren't willing to play such a game suggests there are boundaries that games cannot cross. Making a game that revolves around raping women, killing babies, etc. just isn't right. Killing people or having sex in video games is nothing really. But raping, killing babies, etc. that's too far. Is there even a film that revolves around raping women and killing babies? If it does exists, the people who enjoy watching it are disturbed people.

When some people deemed GTA as a murder simulator I just laughed. A true murder simulator is a game that forces you to think like a psychopath like stalking women, hearing their screams, feeling their fear of your presence, etc. You don't do that in any present video game.

Dunno Manhunt was out there in getting you to think like a psychopath, the first mission "bag that dumb ****", oh well then :). What people don't realise is these are really good games if a little bit violent.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Typical pc gamers

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#176  Edited By AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I enjoyed the first Postal because of how uncomfortable it made me feel. It's rare for a game to do that. The other to went into bad parody terrirory, so I'm interested to see if Hatred will follow in Postal 1's footsteps and deliver interesting experience.

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Butcer2
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

looks awesome

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By lordlors

@edwardecl said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@lordlors said:

@jeezers said:

@Motokid6 said:

Dunno Manhunt was out there in getting you to think like a psychopath, the first mission "bag that dumb ****", oh well then :). What people don't realise is these are really good games if a little bit violent.

Manhunt? lol. you don't know how worse a true psychopath is. A true psychopath enjoys a person's fear and suffering. He wouldn't kill a person right away. A normal murderer would burn or kill an innocent person hiding inside a closet but a true psychopath would just wait and stare at the cabinet enjoying every moment of the person's pain. Joker isn't even near to a true psychopath.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I still think Rockstar should put children in the game, children are only little people I don't get why people are so offended by it. Kids get murdered and run over in real life so fucking what.

It always takes the immersion out of a game when something is missing because some people are offended by it.