Epic Games Want Logo Removed from Upcoming PC Game

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

This is so dumb, the intro talk was moronic shit that sounded like the lyrics to a shitty metal song, there's no justification for the actions or any sort of depth there it's purely them making a game about a controversial subject to get attention. At least Postal had a dark sense of humour and was stupidly over the top, this is just grim.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

@pelvist said:

. The developers seem quite clever too and I believe the games story will have a deeper moral to it.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

It also looks like they were clearly influenced by the Doom, because that game title design looks exactly like Doom's.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

this reminds me of the colombine massacre

this is sickning!! how to get controversial and make those shit people talking crap about games more shit

yes give them more ammo to ban videogames

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

WTF is this shit .?

Publicity cash grab. I'm sure it'll move a couple of copies.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The thing that surprises me the most is how they can actually get away with setting this in New York. I thought for sure they would have to use a fictional settings for something like this, ala postal.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Violence aside... The animations and the way the civilians are reacting to the character along with the art style and atmosphere in that game play video easily looks better than any other horde shooter I have ever played. Will definitely pick this up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Looks like a game made by some white trash, American gun nuts who are mad at the world.

Who is from poland.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Not my kind of thing. I like shooters but killing defenseless people digital or otherwise does nothing for me.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I'll play it, looks like a way to relive stress. Combine it with Bloodbourne, every time you die by falling a ledge just switch to that game to make you feel better.

Maybe I'm just sick :).

Looks a lot like that hotline miami game but with not shit graphics, I'm guessing a few people liked that.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

selective reading shown all over this thread.

Epic games are talking about the use of the unreal 4 logo...they aren't trying to bring this game down.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Day fucking one!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Thanks, I hadn't heard of this game before now. Day Fucking 1!

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

"These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct, and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure"

These people are legit fucking stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Interview with the devs.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@Gamerno6666: Interview just supports the fact this guy is dillusional, especially his view on the target audience. This guy reminds me of the vocalist for the horrible band Emmure(has a clothing line which mainly displays imagery from massacres, celebrity death picures and puts witty slogans with em).

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@inklineface said:

Can't blame them. Being associated with pc is a smear on anyones character.

pc has more game, devs, gamers, and sales than all consoles combined.

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@inklineface said:

Can't blame them. Being associated with pc is a smear on anyones character.

pc has more game, devs, gamers, and sales than all consoles combined.

Yet it's console games that continue to break game sales records and consoles drive the decisions of most of the major publishers.

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

The funny thing is that the gameplay actually looks pretty fun but there is now way I would play is it kind of disgusts me. Its one thing to juts kill people in GTA randomly but its another building an entire game around just murdering civilians, like that the entire narrative. Watching that trailer made me depressed.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@melonfarmerz: 100% correct

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#77 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

This pisses my the **** off. There's no way this game wasn't made for anything other than publicity. "Controversy gets attention right? Let's take advantage of this video games cause violence thing to make a quick buck. I know video games have spent forever building up a reputable image but let's destroy it with this shitty game".

How is this even fun? It's GTA minus all the fun parts. This is something that would actually make a kid shoot up a school.

No, there are no games that will MAKE you do something irl. If you shoot up a school, it's because you're mentally unstable, fact.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 parkurtommo

@dotWithShoes said:

@uninspiredcup said:

A statement from the developer.

It's kinda sad that they can't get a publisher, when Call Of Duty practically gets children in the military and World Of Warcraft has parents literally kill children through neglect. The fact these make masses of money, the greatest evil, is most likely the reason. At least woman (barring the one shot in the mouth) wont get offended. It doesn't seem to portray them improperly.

COD gets kids in the military? You say that like it is a bad thing?

Are you for real? You support people going to war? :D

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@melonfarmerz said:

This pisses my the **** off. There's no way this game wasn't made for anything other than publicity. "Controversy gets attention right? Let's take advantage of this video games cause violence thing to make a quick buck. I know video games have spent forever building up a reputable image but let's destroy it with this shitty game".

How is this even fun? It's GTA minus all the fun parts. This is something that would actually make a kid shoot up a school.

No, there are no games that will MAKE you do something irl. If you shoot up a school, it's because you're mentally unstable, fact.

Seconded.

As for Hatred... well, movies like American Psycho managed to do well without much controversy but the fact that this game gets flack pre-release just feels hypocritical to me as Bateman and the protagonist of Hatred don't seem all that different. Both are fucked up in the head. Watching American Pyscho didn't make people go on a rampage. I don't see why Hatred would make people go on one too.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 parkurtommo

@fend_oblivion said:

@parkurtommo said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Seconded.

As for Hatred... well, movies like American Psycho managed to do well without much controversy but the fact that this game gets flack pre-release just feels hypocritical to me as Bateman and the protagonist of Hatred don't seem all that different. Both are fucked up in the head. Watching American Pyscho didn't make people go on a rampage. I don't see why Hatred would make people go on one too.

Well I still think the difference in intensity is very clear here. In a video game you play the protagonist, where as in a movie you can only be a spectator. So, some would argue the game will influence the player (but again, they won't cause violence, in sane people).

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

To much disturbing gross violence for my taste...this game is garbage

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Seems like their goal is to serve you unapolegetic violence. I think it's kind of cool thay they want you to face your actions without justification. The idea that you can revel in gore just because they're evil is... Wrong.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

oh please stop murder in video games, for the love of the children PLEASE STOP!!!

fukin idiot do gooders

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#85  Edited By Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

How do you know? The game isn't even out.. maybe the game will address the issue or have some form of satire in there. All we can go by is the trailer. Postal 2 received a huge amount of controversy and people screaming about how it will mean gamers will go on crazy violent rampages.. instead gamers sat at home playing Postal 2 laughing the entire way through it.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I'm surprised my the responses on here, I though people on here were gamers. Who cares who you are shooting in a game, oh no you killed a innocent NPC the horror.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#87 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

During the 90's, gamers a community of men.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

people that believe that games are art will not want this game to be censored. If you think the violence in it is too much for you then criticize it but don't discredit it. What Epic are doing it shameful. They don't want the logo of UE4 to be anywhere even though that's the engine they are using. What a bunch of hypocrite.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

Wow... That was one of the most disturbing and unnecessary premises for a game I've ever seen... When the first low life sack of shit emulates this game in real life it'll only cast our hobby in an even worse light.... Fingers will be pointed, legislation will follow and we all lose. Thanks no name horrible studio.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Wouldn't want my logo on that game either.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TheEroica  Moderator

Reading through the comments is kind of funny... Amazing how short sighted many of you are. This game, if given the negative praise the devs are seeking is a poster child for the morality police to further attack and police the content in video games.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TheEroica  Moderator

@Gue1: your perception of art is not the defacto definition. Just because someone shits on a piece of paper and smears it on a canvas doesn't mean the art community looks at it and heralds it as brilliant art.

If you are attempting to defend the developers right to create the game then you have a more sturdy platform... Calling it art, not so much.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Gue1 said:

people that believe that games are art will not want this game to be censored. If you think the violence in it is too much for you then criticize it but don't discredit it. What Epic are doing it shameful. They don't want the logo of UE4 to be anywhere even though that's the engine they are using. What a bunch of hypocrite.

"Epic Games isn’t involved in this project. Unreal Engine 4 is available to the general public for use “for any lawful purpose,” and we explicitly don’t exert any sort of creative control or censorship over projects. However, the video is using the trademarked Unreal Engine 4 logo without permission from Epic, and we’ve asked for the removal of our logo from all marketing associated with this product."

now explain how this is shameful. the devs are using the UE4 logo without contacting them first. Had they gone thru all the legal actions first there wouldn't be an issue.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

EPIC GAMES: Your murder simulator is awful meanwhile please go purchase our murder simulators aka gears of war 1-3.

As long as your killing aliens it's okay.

yeah, the spin of the enemy being aliens or demons are just a couple of the many rhetoric most game devs use to dehumanize the enemy. But the greatest artists to when it comes to this kind of stuff are Nintendo. I mean, the premise of Pokemon is one of the most sick in this industry, and I mean sick in a bad way. The difference with Hatred is just like they say, they don't hide behind bright colors and stuff.

BTW, I'm not saying that I want every game to be as honest, I just want everyone to keep doing whatever the **** they want to do design wise. But what Epic are doing is shameful.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

That looks fuckin' stupid.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@SolidTy said:

It also looks boring as hell.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#97 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Watch. Wii U exclusive console release.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@SolidTy said:

It also looks boring as hell.

Yep.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Like I said in other thread it's not the violence that is wrong with the game. It's motives of the main character. It's just wrong and doesn't make for a very compelling character. It's like they are just going for shock value and not trying to make a real game with any depth. In gta and other real games the main character has a story, there is depth to it. Yes you can just run around and indiscriminately kill people if you like but there is a real game there to be played. This just seems like an half assed attempt to grab attention shock people. Something that would be more fitted as a game mode for an actual real game. I'll pass on this and just play gta instead. You don't get my money just for being controversial for the sake of being controversial. Gotta try harder than that.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Not to sound like a PC SJW here, but one of the devs facebook page clearly shows he's a fucking Nazi.

Like literally.