Elite Dangerous Gameplay Demo 400 Billion Star Systems

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#51 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

David Braben is such a nice man . I respect him a lot . His game is also looking fantastic . Really looking forward to it and all the additions that they are going to bring with expansions .

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Ballroompirate: what the hell are you babbling on about you are saying Elite has 2 separate betas they don't you are wrong, I have no idea why you posted all that other fluff about things I never said

So yeah it still stands , you are an idipt

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@naz99: Reading is hard for you I guess

"Looking at the official forums PB had content before SB, which began in late July, while PB began what a few months before and ended when SB hit. Also PB gets the "season pass" while SB doesn't, So let's do some basic math here

PB + SB = two different betas"

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By naz99

@Ballroompirate: it's the same beta they change the name after the updates.it is not 2 separate betas like you keep saying.

Look it's this simple.

Premium beta + update =standard beta not hard is it...

You can't choose between the premium and standard beta because the premium beta is the standard beta..cant dumb it down anymore than that

The most moronic thing is you are arguing with the 2 people that got into Elite in the premium beta and you think you know better.utterly gobsmackingly stupid

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ballroompirate

@naz99 said:

@Ballroompirate: it's the same beta they change the name after the updates.it is not 2 separate betas like you keep saying.

Look it's this simple.

2 betas, with 2 different builds = 2 different betas (also PB has access to the "seasonal pass")

Holy shyt it's not hard!!, do you know the difference between beta builds? I'm guessing you don't.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By naz99

@Ballroompirate: iyou are one of the dumbest people on here

It's one beta in different phases not separate betas you don't get the choice to choose between them it is the same download.I have the game I follow the game you are wrong you do not know bettet you think googling something qualifies you to become well versed in something you know nothing about,you utter fucking mongoloid

Thanks alot I facepalm ed so hard I bust my nose

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ballroompirate

@naz99: Every time when I see you post

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By naz99

@Ballroompirate: you know nothing about something yet talk like you do and I lack logic?

Derrrp

So actual facts lack logic that is what you are saying ,that is how low you have sunk

You are arguing with someone thst has followed the game since the kickstarter,you could not be more wrong

Instead of giving the game patch version numbers like 0.5 , 0.8, 1.0 they have called them premium alpha,premium beta etc it is That simple

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

@naz99 said:

Look it's this simple.

2 betas, with 2 different builds = 2 different betas (also PB has access to the "seasonal pass")

Holy shyt it's not hard!!, do you know the difference between beta builds? I'm guessing you don't.

There was no beta build in the Premium Beta package. Premium Beta got you access to Alpha 1.1 up until the Standard Beta version came out (which was included as part of the Premium Beta package). There was no earlier Beta version of the game that was released prior to the Standard Beta. The forum post that you yourself quoted even confirmed that.

You said it was stupid that there were two betas because you were confused and thought there were two different packages of the game available at the same time. Now you realized you were wrong and are trying to act like different revisions of the beta make for separate betas, but even if you thought that were true then it makes your original statement of it being dumb that there's more than one beta pretty idiotic, doesn't it? "Hrrr, it's dumb that they have new versions of the beta" like every beta ever.

But by all means, keep making stuff up about a game you've never played. This is freakin' hilarious.

-Byshop

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Yeah David is a really nice gent. I respect him more than Chris Roberts. Sometimes Chris Roberts rubs me the wrong way, like he doesn't know what he's even creating. David on the other hand...

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By naz99

@Byshop said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@naz99 said:

Look it's this simple.

There was no beta build in the Premium Beta package. Premium Beta got you access to Alpha 1.1 up until the Standard Beta version came out (which was included as part of the Premium Beta package). There was no earlier Beta version of the game that was released prior to the Standard Beta. The forum post that you yourself quoted even confirmed that.

You said it was stupid that there were two betas because you were confused and thought there were two different packages of the game available at the same time. Now you realized you were wrong and are trying to act like different revisions of the beta make for separate betas, but even if you thought that were true then it makes your original statement of it being dumb that there's more than one beta pretty idiotic, doesn't it? "Hrrr, it's dumb that they have new versions of the beta" like every beta ever.

But by all means, keep making stuff up about a game you've never played. This is freakin' hilarious.

-Byshop

I'm done you really can not lay it out any more obviously,i hope you have better luck :P

Personally if i was you i would save your brain cells and bail on this discussion immediately.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By naz99

@SimplyFatal said:

@Cloud_imperium: Yeah David is a really nice gent. I respect him more than Chris Roberts. Sometimes Chris Roberts rubs me the wrong way, like he doesn't know what he's even creating. David on the other hand...

He is just like John Carmack with his quakecon speeches...every time he talks about his passion it is just super engrossing and you cannot help but listen,Braben is an interesting guy with alot to say and it is always entertaining to listen to such a smart man.

And about Chris Roberts,come on do you really think the guy is like that? unlike david braben he is not very good at public speaking, do you really think that brings into question his ability to create a game?

The guy has earnt and values his reputation and you can be damn sure he is not going to screw it up.Him and his team were Origin for crying out loud they were the guys that gave you the big budget spectacles that wowed you and i see no reason to believe they have lost any of the talent or passion that made them so great back then.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

@naz99: You're right, Chris doesn't have the best public speaking skills, but he keeps things at a very unusual level sometimes when speaking. Like I said in another post, the team that is working on CIG is one of the most talented teams I have ever seen, and undoubtedly, will bring Star Citizen to what was promised from the very beginning.

I have no doubt that Chris Roberts will make Star Citizen what most people desire, but sometimes his views rub me the wrong way, almost being unrealistic. I've heard some undesirable things from the team he worked with on his past games fyi.

But like I said, I have no doubt in him and his passion. Just merely expressing how I feel about the guy.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By naz99

@SimplyFatal said:

@naz99: You're right, Chris doesn't have the best public speaking skills, but he keeps things at a very unusual level sometimes when speaking. Like I said in another post, the team that is working on CIG is one of the most talented teams I have ever seen, and undoubtedly, will bring Star Citizen to what was promised from the very beginning.

I have no doubt that Chris Roberts will make Star Citizen what most people desire, but sometimes his views rub me the wrong way, almost being unrealistic. I've heard some undesirable things from the team he worked with on his past games fyi.

But like I said, I have no doubt in him and his passion. Just merely expressing how I feel about the guy.

I think the mentality of people when it comes to crowd funding sometimes is "Noob programmers with an idea trying to earn a quick buck" People forget that a large part of the team making star citizen are veteran programmers with decades of experience and many have worked with chris before so they know and are prepared to be able to work with him easily, which is a massive boon when it comes to a project this scale,as many are used to working on big games with huge budgets with a man who is used to handling games with a large workforce and massive funding,

You say you have heard things about him from the team he worked with yet practically everyone that has worked with him before has returned to work for him again so excuse me if i do not put too much stock into that rumour ,also i think people try to equate his lack of presentation skills with a lack of talent which could not be further from the case,i don't know thats just my two cents on the subject.

Dont get me wrong i may be defending the guy but i do not think he is infallible,I just believe that he believes in his own reputation and someone like that would not jeopardize it on such a venture if they were not sure they had a chance to succeed.