Elite Dangerous Gameplay Demo 400 Billion Star Systems

• 63 results
#1 Edited by delete-SimplyFatal (1122 posts) -

#2 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5078 posts) -

just watching now. yeah i'm looking forward to this.

#3 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28032 posts) -

My exploring OCD fears this game. I think 400 would have been plenty :P

#4 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Honestly the 55 in the beta seems pretty big, especially with all the elements of manual piloting and refueling.

-Byshop

#5 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

freaking amazing.

#6 Posted by lawlessx (46846 posts) -

will buy as soon as it starts selling at $60

#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

Looks like a half assed Star Citizen.

#8 Posted by parkurtommo (27371 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

No, it's more like a full assed Star Citizen. Star citizen is like double assed. :P

#9 Posted by lawlessx (46846 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

which still makes it a very impressive game.

#10 Posted by mikhail (2532 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

On the bright side, if you only spent an hour per system you could see them all in about 50,000 years.

#11 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Looks like a half assed trolling attempt.

-Byshop

#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No, it's more like a full assed Star Citizen. Star citizen is like double assed. :P

ED is like a step down from Star Citizen, actually like 6 steps down. Star Citizen looks like it's actually progressing the space/combat sim genre while ED is taking steps back. We're in 2014, if you can't animate hands in a fraking space craft please don't bother, it annoys the hell out of me just like when FPS use the "head on a stick" camera view and when they cut corners with no reflections in mirrors. Those might be "little" things to a few people but come on, that shyt needs to be in games.

#13 Posted by Pecisk (10 posts) -

@lawlessx: you can already preorder finished game for 50 USD, or just wait till fall ;)

#14 Posted by lawlessx (46846 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Ballroompirate said:

ED is like a step down from Star Citizen, actually like 6 steps down. Star Citizen looks like it's actually progressing the space/combat sim genre while ED is taking steps back. We're in 2014, if you can't animate hands in a fraking space craft please don't bother, it annoys the hell out of me just like when FPS use the "head on a stick" camera view and when they cut corners with no reflections in mirrors. Those might be "little" things to a few people but come on, that shyt needs to be in games.

So is that it? ED isn't worth noting because it doesn't animate hands?

#15 Edited by Pecisk (10 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: Please stop spreading misinformation. Hands moved in Premium Beta 2 already, month and a half ago.

#16 Posted by DocSanchez (1718 posts) -

I was addicted to the first elite. This is looking pretty damn spiffy.

#17 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17286 posts) -

Looks really cool. I want to name a whole bunch of star systems after myself, and then exploit all of their resources for ridiculous prices. :)

#18 Posted by lawlessx (46846 posts) -

@pecisk said:

@lawlessx: you can already preorder finished game for 50 USD, or just wait till fall ;)

oh cool,but i may just cave and buy the most recent beta for $75. i've been craving for my space sim fix since X3:AP

#19 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4294 posts) -

@Ballroompirate :

Both SC and ED focus on different elements and that's what make both unique .

@parkurtommo said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Best explanation ever .

#20 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@lawlessx: Yup and and I'm not a fan of it's "bobbing" camera angle, they're more like pet peeves I have. I've seen worse reasons on here for people hating a game.

@pecisk said:

@Ballroompirate: Please stop spreading misinformation. Hands moved in Premium Beta 2 already, month and a half ago.

Out of the 70 min of beta footage I've watched, I've yet to see it. So unless you can show me any footage of it.

:edit note:

Actually I just found a video that shows it, that actually might change my mind on whether to buy it.

#21 Edited by Gamerno6666 (2025 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Out of the 70 min of beta footage I've watched, I've yet to see it. So unless you can show me any footage of it.

Actually I just found a video that shows it, that actually might change my mind on whether to buy it.

wow hand animation sold the game to you? wow just wow.

#22 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

wow hand animation sold the game to you? wow just wow.

said might, and please don't tell me something that annoys you has not stopped you from buying a game, get the F off your high horse.

Also way to go and not even mention I didn't like the camera as well, jesus /face palm

#23 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@lawlessx: Yup and and I'm not a fan of it's "bobbing" camera angle, they're more like pet peeves I have. I've seen worse reasons on here for people hating a game.

@pecisk said:

Epic facepalm. You could have also tried asking some of the people on here who have actually played it.

-Byshop

#24 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Byshop said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@pecisk said:

Epic facepalm. You could have also tried asking some of the people on here who have actually played it.

-Byshop

Judging a game for yourself > asking someones opinion about a game.

If I told you pizza tastes like crap, would you trust my opinion on it or try it yourself?.

#25 Edited by lawlessx (46846 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Byshop said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@pecisk said:

-Byshop

If I told you pizza tastes like crap, would you trust my opinion on it or try it yourself?.

So it's an opinion that they're hands visible in the game? you weren't asking if the game itself was good.

#26 Posted by foxhound_fox (89422 posts) -

This seems like the perfect game to play while waiting for Star Citizen.

Too bad I want to spend all my money on ships.

I'm going to cross-chassis upgrade my Freelancer MAX to a Constellation Aquila. Only need $100 and to sell my 325A (and the cross-chassis upgrades to be released).

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (47448 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Ballroompirate said:

So is that it? ED isn't worth noting because it doesn't animate hands?

If you're going to make a game in first person do it right. Same goes for FPS games. Every FPS should show your feet, have a slide button and not make you 3 feet tall.

#28 Edited by lawlessx (46846 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I'm going to cross-chassis upgrade my Freelancer MAX to a Constellation Aquila. Only need $100 and to sell my 325A (and the cross-chassis upgrades to be released).

didn't your friend buy you those ships? you cant sell them!

#29 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Double facepalm. No, I mean you can ask people who have played it -facts- about the game (i.e. like do the hands move) rather than making stuff up.

-Byshop

#30 Edited by foxhound_fox (89422 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@foxhound_fox said:

didn't your friend buy you those ships? you cant sell them!

He gifted me the LTI Freelancer Plus package he bought ages ago (as a means to get me into the game before LTI disappeared). I bought the 325A. And I've paid him back with other things since then, for the most part.

I'm not satisfied with either anymore. I need a bigger ship. The Constellation will have so many more applications it's not even funny. The Freelancer is mostly a cargo ship (and my MAX is pretty much only ever going to be one). The 325A is a fighter. I want the Aquilla because it's essentially the Normandy (it even comes with it's own six-wheeled planetary exploration vehicle) on a smaller scale. It focuses on exploration... and that commercial sold me pretty much once they touched down on the surface)

And that friend bought the Phoenix and Aquilla (just the upgrade pack, he already owned a Constellation).

Here is his complete list of ships. It's just getting stupid.

• RSI Constellation Phoenix LTI (his main LTI)
  • RSI Constellation Aquila
  • Origin M50 Racer
  • Aegis Gladius
  • Freelancer MAX
  • Freelancer MIS
  • Banu Merchantman LTI
  • Drake Cutlass LTI
  • RSI Aurora LTI
  • Aegis Avenger LTI
  • Aegis Retaliator LTI
  • Drake Caterpillar LTI
  • MISC Starfarer LTI

And he was going to buy the Taurus, but he didn't have enough money. He also has the ability to buy an Idris-P at any time (the merch store screwed up one of his orders and he complained, so they allowed him access to buy one) and wants to... but it's $1000.

I still cannot believe CIG is able to draw so much money out of people for this game. Apparently there is a guy who owns 65 Constellations.

#31 Edited by Mystery_Writer (7957 posts) -

loving what I'm seeing. thanks for sharing this

#32 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Byshop said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Double facepalm. No, I mean you can ask people who have played it -facts- about the game (i.e. like do the hands move) rather than making stuff up.

-Byshop

Yea cause no one has different tastes in games, do you even read what the **** you type?

I've watched the normal beta videos and they showed no body movement animations, tell I actually looked up premium beta videos.

#33 Posted by wolverine4262 (19619 posts) -

Thats a lot of billions.

#34 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

So it's an opinion that they're hands visible in the game? you weren't asking if the game itself was good.

@Ballroompirate said:

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Yea cause no one has different tastes in games, do you even read what the **** you type?

I've watched the normal beta videos and they showed no body movement animations, tell I actually looked up premium beta videos.

Again, wow. How are you still not getting this? Asking someone for details about what's in a game is not the same as asking them their opinion of it or allowing another to make a decision for you. Lawlessx and I both suggested the prior and not the latter, but for some reason this still isn't clicking for you, is it?

Nevermind, then. By all means, continue assuming you know all about a game you've never played. Just don't come crying to me when you get ridiculed by everyone (again) for being wrong.

-Byshop

#35 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Byshop said:

@lawlessx said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Again, wow. How are you still not getting this? Asking someone for details about what's in a game is not the same as asking them their opinion of it or allowing another to make a decision for you. Lawlessx and I both suggested the prior and not the latter, but for some reason this still isn't clicking for you, is it?

Nevermind, then. By all means, continue assuming you know all about a game you've never played. Just don't come crying to me when you get ridiculed by everyone (again) for being wrong.

-Byshop

Wow the ignorance is strong with you, watching streams/vids actually does more than asking whats in a game, also it's pretty fraking stupid that there's 2 beta versions of the game.

Get rekt

#36 Edited by uninspiredcup (9654 posts) -

Makes No Mans whatever look like, can't even remember it.

#37 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Wow the ignorance is strong with you, watching streams/vids actually does more than asking whats in a game, also it's pretty fraking stupid that there's 2 beta versions of the game.

Get rekt

Tell you what. I -do- have the game and I'll drop some knowledge on ya as a freebie because I'm such a nice guy. There are not "two versions" of the beta. The beta was released in different stages of development. In case you didn't already know, this is how -all- betas work. There's one beta, but it's newer now than it was when some of those videos might have been made. Vids you watched on Youtube might have been from any point in the game's development.

What's the matter? Couldn't you figure that out by watching the videos? :)

-Byshop

#38 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Byshop said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Get rekt

Tell you what. I -do- have the game and I'll drop some knowledge on ya as a freebie because I'm such a nice guy. There are not "two versions" of the beta. The beta was released in different stages of development. In case you didn't already know, this is how -all- betas work. There's one beta, but it's newer now than it was when some of those videos might have been made. Vids you watched on Youtube might have been from any point in the game's development.

What's the matter? Couldn't you figure that out by watching the videos? :)

-Byshop

Actually there was different versions of the beta

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/elite-dangerous/

Like I said, get rekt. So much for being Mr. know it all tsk tsk.

#39 Posted by blangenakker (2444 posts) -

It's a great time for space sim fans

#40 Edited by Byshop (11879 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

You crack me up. At this rate I'm going to run out of facepalms. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Even if you are completely ignorant of the subject matter, you should have gotten something right just on luck by now.

The difference between the Premium and Standard beta packages was with the premium beta package you got into an earlier version of the beta (i.e. you got to play the game sooner). There's still only one beta, but like I said before there are earlier versions and later versions (again, like how -all- betas work). If you only bought the standard package, you didn't get to start playing until just a couple weeks ago. If you had bought the Premium Beta package, then you would have been playing the Beta for a couple months already. I know this because I have the Premium beta.

Thank you, please come again.

-Byshop

#41 Posted by Snugenz (12024 posts) -

Been playing ED for a week or so now and it's a brilliant space sim, even with the beta galaxy map it's overwhelming just how many places there are to go (plenty of places out of reach until you get a ship with high range). Still needs work but it's gonna be a great game when it's finished.

Plus, it fills the void until SC comes along.

#42 Edited by Snugenz (12024 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@pecisk said:

Thought i'd put a quick vid together for ya, see very nicely animated hands.

#43 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Byshop said:
@Ballroompirate said:

You crack me up. At this rate I'm going to run out of facepalms. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Even if you are completely ignorant of the subject matter, you should have gotten something right just on luck by now.

The difference between the Premium and Standard beta packages was with the premium beta package you got into an earlier version of the beta (i.e. you got to play the game sooner). There's still only one beta, but like I said before there are earlier versions and later versions (again, like how -all- betas work). If you only bought the standard package, you didn't get to start playing until just a couple weeks ago. If you had bought the Premium Beta package, then you would have been playing the Beta for a couple months already. I know this because I have the Premium beta.

Thank you, please come again.

-Byshop

So much wrong/contradiction in one post it's beyond amusing lol.

Looking at the official forums PB had content before SB, which began in late July, while PB began what a few months before and ended when SB hit. Also PB gets the "season pass" while SB doesn't, So let's do some basic math here

PB + SB = two different betas (what's one plus one), not one, not a single beta, hell not even the same price, so just drop that thought you have thinking it's just one/the same beta. I'm gonna guess you're gonna totally ignore that article I linked so w/e, continue being wrong.

Just for fun, taken from one of the top posters over at the official forums

"basically premium beta is final alpha and standard beta is real beta, as premium beta had same as alpha just with couple more systems and SB will have whole lot of new things in.

yes, PB allows now to play multiplayer+single player while SB multiplayer will start 29th july and now only single player build is available, so if you are not in a hurry and you shouldn't be - get SB and practice in single player, this single player build is probably the hardest from all versions so it will give you challenge and 10 days are not much to try get used with controls, i already play for 12 days and only lately i feel more less comfortable"

#44 Posted by SamiRDuran (2694 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Ballroompirate said:

The only difference between ED and SC is that one is a game you can play and the other is just vapor.

#45 Posted by soulitane (13631 posts) -

Seems pointless to me, much the same as the amount of planets in No Man's Sky. I'd love to be proven wrong by the finished product however.

#46 Posted by adamosmaki (9686 posts) -

I'm excited as hell for ED but imo it sounds pointless the amount of star systems. I mean even X3 terran conflict which has only about 200 sectors and in over 200 hours of gameplay i still havent visited them all and already fills like a vast place

#47 Edited by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

So much wrong/contradiction in one post it's beyond amusing lol.

Looking at the official forums PB had content before SB, which began in late July, while PB began what a few months before and ended when SB hit. Also PB gets the "season pass" while SB doesn't, So let's do some basic math here

PB + SB = two different betas (what's one plus one), not one, not a single beta, hell not even the same price, so just drop that thought you have thinking it's just one/the same beta. I'm gonna guess you're gonna totally ignore that article I linked so w/e, continue being wrong.

Just for fun, taken from one of the top posters over at the official forums

"basically premium beta is final alpha and standard beta is real beta, as premium beta had same as alpha just with couple more systems and SB will have whole lot of new things in.

yes, PB allows now to play multiplayer+single player while SB multiplayer will start 29th july and now only single player build is available, so if you are not in a hurry and you shouldn't be - get SB and practice in single player, this single player build is probably the hardest from all versions so it will give you challenge and 10 days are not much to try get used with controls, i already play for 12 days and only lately i feel more less comfortable"

I find it hilarious how much googling you are doing just to try to not look wrong. It's great that you can cut and paste, but it's too bad you can't comprehend the article you are reading.

Again, I actually own the thing that you've never played and have been consistently wrong about throughout this thread. There has only been one version of the game available at any time. Premium Beta means you bought and could play the game months ago, whereas Standard Beta only got you in two weeks ago. Notice how you can't buy Premium Beta anymore? That's because the date has already come for the Standard Beta access and nobody is going to pay twice as much money FOR THE SAME GAME. If you bought either package, you also get access to the full game when it comes out and when they get closer to the actual release date the $75 package tier will go away, too.

Hell, your own cut and paste contradicts you. Like it says in your own quote, the Premium Beta technically got you access to the last ALPHA version of the game (not even a Beta version at all). The actual Beta didn't start until a couple weeks ago. Premium Beta was just what they called the package. But again, I know this because I actually bought it. Hell, I even made Let's Play videos of it.

Tell you what: Standard Beta access is $75 and the final game will be $50. Does that mean they are two different games? OMG, you're so smart!

This entire semantic argument is kind of pathetic, especially when you consider that the only reason you were whining about two betas in the first place is because you felt butthurt that one of the videos you saw was missing hand animations and you based your entire premise for disliking the game off of that.

By all means, though, keep trying. This is really funny stuff.

-Byshop

#48 Posted by naz99 (1524 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: He is right and you are wrong you need to accept that before you make yourself look even more clueless and basing a games worth on hand animations is one of the most pathetic moronic things I have ever heard.

#49 Posted by Byshop (11879 posts) -

@SamiRDuran said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Ballroompirate said:

The only difference between ED and SC is that one is a game you can play and the other is just vapor.

Both games have playable modules with both single player and multiplayer...

-Byshop

#50 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@Byshop: Noticed how I said different betas, not games holy shyt are you daft!?. PB and SB had different content from each other or aka "different builds", do you need me to draw pretty pictures for you?. Also I love how you use the same shyt I say towards you, like face plam and "contradicting" (and from the looks of you have no idea what it means) right after I say it, lol so cute trying to be a copy cat.

@naz99 said:

@Ballroompirate: He is right and you are wrong you need to accept that before you make yourself look even more clueless and basing a games worth on hand animations is one of the most pathetic moronic things I have ever heard.

Bashing a game cause its a "movie" is perfectly fine in your book?

Bashing a game cause it's "casual" is perfectly fine in your book?

Bashing a game cause it doesn't run at a steady 60 fps is fine in your book?

Bashing a game cause it lacks actual body movement and disliking the camera is stupid in your book?

K well I now know your daft as hell and your opinion is worthless.