Elder Scrolls Online PC comes out 2 months before console.

  • 77 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BSC14 (3919 posts) -

Oh snap!!

LINK

Upcoming MMO The Elder Scrolls Online will be released for PC and Mac on April 4, 2014, Bethesda has announced.

The Elder Scrolls Online will also be coming to crapbox One and POS4, the company added, but not until June 2014.

Alongside the announcement, Bethesda released a new trailer for the upcoming subscription-based game, highlighting the conflict between The Elder Scrolls Online's three factions and the massive PvP battles that follow.

Invites for the game's secretive closed beta were distributed to some users back in November.

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

My friend was in it, says it's a pile of shite. Wildstar looks alot of more fun. Ncsoft are proven masters of the genre.

#3 Posted by Motokid6 (5721 posts) -

I didnt even know it was coming out on consoles. Subscription based? So will console users have to pay as well? I wonder..

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

I didnt even know it was coming out on consoles. Subscription based? So will console users have to pay as well? I wonder..

It will be a payed for game (not free2play) with a subscription fee and a free2play pay for item model on top of that.

Basically, they are trying to fuck you over using the launch of next generation consoles to push this bullshit through.

It will work thanks to console gamers having no standards of any kind.

#5 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3804 posts) -

Game looks good to me and I will undoubtedly subscribe for at least a month or two. If there is some kind of special higher priced edition I will get that as well.

#6 Posted by BSC14 (3919 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend was in it, says it's a pile of shite. Wildstar looks alot of more fun. Ncsoft are proven masters of the genre.

I have played it at a friends place a few weeks back.

It's hard to say if it will be worth the time just yet. I'm not overly impressed based off of what I saw but I only got to play for a couple hours.

#7 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

I didnt even know it was coming out on consoles. Subscription based? So will console users have to pay as well? I wonder..

Yes. Console gamers will have to pay the sub to online plus the sub to the game.

#8 Posted by lostrib (37708 posts) -

I have only heard bad things about this, and it has a subscription fee so no thanks

#9 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

Subscription fee=No thanks.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (30451 posts) -

Was a terrible idea at first.

Playing a multiplayer Skyrim won't make that game any better

#12 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

The only new MMO I'm looking forward to are Everquest Next and Wildstar.

Even then, I'm not hugely interested in either. I find new MMOs tend to do a few things well and the as the sum of its parts is not great.

#13 Edited by IgGy621985 (4817 posts) -

I have zero interest in this game. It looks like one of those MMOs which'll turn F2P after a year or so when they realize they can't compete with WoW.

#14 Posted by BSC14 (3919 posts) -

Tell you one thing, when I played it, it had some of the worst animations I have seen in years. Really, they looked like a mid 90s game or something.

#15 Posted by TheFadeForever (1832 posts) -

I would rather have co op for skyrim than this come to think of it isn't there a mod for that

#16 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Being that it's on consoles makes me less interested in it.

#17 Edited by thegroveman (115 posts) -

Could they just re-release Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4? I'm down for that.

#18 Posted by Daious (1390 posts) -


I plan on taking like 2 weeks off to play this game. I can't wait until April

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -
@thegroveman said:

Could they just re-release Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4? I'm down for that.

Buy a pc.

#20 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

Gonna be a DCUO all over again... Nobody got time fo dat

#21 Posted by lawlessx (46778 posts) -

played alpha...do not get your hopes up on this one.

#22 Posted by PonchoTaco (2175 posts) -

I am rooting for it to turn out well, but I played the beta and was quite let down. We'll see what it's like at launch. I'd rather just play Skyrim multiplayer.

#23 Posted by thegroveman (115 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@thegroveman said:

Could they just re-release Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4? I'm down for that.

Buy a pc.

I have a laptop that I play Civ V on, it can't run Skyrim. And no, I'm not going to buy a desktop, it just doesn't make sense.

#24 Posted by plageus900 (1082 posts) -

@thegroveman said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@thegroveman said:

Could they just re-release Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4? I'm down for that.

Buy a pc.

I have a laptop that I play Civ V on, it can't run Skyrim. And no, I'm not going to buy a desktop, it just doesn't make sense.

Why not?

#25 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

@thegroveman said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@thegroveman said:

Could they just re-release Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4? I'm down for that.

Buy a pc.

I have a laptop that I play Civ V on, it can't run Skyrim. And no, I'm not going to buy a desktop, it just doesn't make sense.

Well. If you want backward compatibility, buying a gaming PC makes sense.

#26 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I have only heard bad things about this, and it has a subscription fee so no thanks

#27 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

At least I'll know if it's any good by the time it comes out on consoles. Will it be another Diablo 3 with PC owners beta testing it for us?

#29 Edited by plageus900 (1082 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend was in it, says it's a pile of shite. Wildstar looks alot of more fun. Ncsoft are proven masters of the genre.

This. I didn't even finish out the beta weekend.

#30 Posted by thegroveman (115 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@thegroveman said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@thegroveman said:

Could they just re-release Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4? I'm down for that.

Buy a pc.

I have a laptop that I play Civ V on, it can't run Skyrim. And no, I'm not going to buy a desktop, it just doesn't make sense.

Well. If you want backward compatibility, buying a gaming PC makes sense.

My laptop is perfectly backwards compatible with a lot of PC games. I can run a lot of my GOG games and some older, less taxing Steam games. My point is that my primary gaming system is a console, and I can use my laptop for some limited secondary PC gaming. I would rather have a nice non gaming laptop and a console for the same price as a nice gaming PC.

#31 Edited by Ginosaji (965 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend was in it, says it's a pile of shite. Wildstar looks alot of more fun. Ncsoft are proven masters of the genre.

For an MMO it really wasn't *that* bad. It's a far cry from convincing me to buy the game every month, though.

#32 Edited by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

@muffin2020 said:

At least I'll know if it's any good by the time it comes out on consoles. Will it be another Diablo 3 with PC owners beta testing it for us?

Acutally it turned out console players were beta testing Patch 2.0 for PC players...lmao

#33 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I would rather have Skyrim and Oblivion rereleased on PS4 like Tomb Raider.

#34 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

It will be dead before it hits Consoles, it's worse than TOR & an insult to Elder Scrolls lore

#35 Edited by lamprey263 (24211 posts) -

2 months isn't a great deal of time to wait. Maybe those getting it on consoles have something to look forward to while PC gamers tell us of their experience with the game, the character classes, leveling and skills, and tactices... all that good stuff. Or if it bombs like FFXIV bombed we won't have anything to worry about.

#36 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

eeewwww. would have preferred this glitchy, combat clunky, latest Bethesda turd stayed on beggar pc.

#37 Edited by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

eeewwww. would have preferred this glitchy, combat clunky, latest Bethesda turd stayed on beggar pc.

1. lmao bethsoft games w/out mods. Rofl consoles

2. its made by zenimax online, not bethesda game studios

#38 Posted by charizard1605 (58231 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend was in it, says it's a pile of shite. Wildstar looks alot of more fun. Ncsoft are proven masters of the genre.

Lol. The best MMO ever is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You should play it, you would really like it.

#39 Posted by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

FF XIV ARR flopped

#40 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

@-RPGamer- said:

I would rather have Skyrim and Oblivion rereleased on PS4 like Tomb Raider.

Why? Those are still going to pale in comparison to the games on PC with all the mods there are.

#41 Posted by millerlight89 (18567 posts) -

Fine with me. Played the beta on PC. It is a massive pile of shit. It suits the PC platform.

#42 Posted by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

thanks in advance for beta testing our game pc gamers better find all those glitches LOL

#43 Edited by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

@kemar7856 said:

thanks in advance for beta testing our game pc gamers better find all those glitches LOL

lmao late patches (if they ever even come), unfixable games, and time limited support on console games lmao

lmao 90% of multiplats better on PC according to GS lmao (including D3, rofl 20fps)

@millerlight89 said:

Fine with me. Played the beta on PC. It is a massive pile of shit. It suits the PC platform.

Pile of shit platform that has won every GS meta game so far, lolz loly.

#44 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

I haven't heard anything good about the beta. Has anyone else participated and experienced a positive game? I'm not sold yet.

#45 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Jankarcop: some good jelly right here. Back to begging for console game ports...pc beggar. B-)

#46 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@-Unreal-: I rarely use mods, even when I played games often on PC. I like to play what the developer created.

#47 Edited by millerlight89 (18567 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@kemar7856 said:

thanks in advance for beta testing our game pc gamers better find all those glitches LOL

lmao late patches (if they ever even come), unfixable games, and time limited support on console games lmao

lmao 90% of multiplats better on PC according to GS lmao (including D3, rofl 20fps)

@millerlight89 said:

Fine with me. Played the beta on PC. It is a massive pile of shit. It suits the PC platform.

Pile of shit platform that has won every GS meta game so far, lolz loly.

I said the game was a pile of shit, you're smart.

#48 Posted by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@Jankarcop: some good jelly right here. Back to begging for console game ports...pc beggar. B-)

PC has more aaa/aa games total and exclusive. Dat' begging.

#49 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@kemar7856 said:

thanks in advance for beta testing our game pc gamers better find all those glitches LOL

lmao late patches (if they ever even come), unfixable games, and time limited support on console games lmao

lmao 90% of multiplats better on PC according to GS lmao (including D3, rofl 20fps)

@millerlight89 said:

Fine with me. Played the beta on PC. It is a massive pile of shit. It suits the PC platform.

Pile of shit platform that has won every GS meta game so far, lolz loly.

I said the game was a pile of shit, you're smart.

I think the game suits your taste better

#50 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Jankarcop: not according to Metacritic. keep on begging. B-)