Edge says multimedia box clear winner is XBAWX

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

You Lems do realize TitanFall is going to get most of its sales on 360 right? Doesn't help the XO very much.

If you believe that then you're in for a huge surprise. MS will insure every single TV add has Xbox One on it. I doubt outside of a bottom of the screen flash you'll even see there's a 360 version or PC. They certainly won't do any TV ads for them. PC gamers are always in the know and don't even need TV ads, lol. The only footage you will see in ads and TV commercials will be the Xbox One version.

I'd be very surprised if X1 didn't have the lowest sales between the three platforms.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Again? lmao, Edge have to be trolling.

I've never seen this amount of flip flopping, every week they recommend a new console.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

You Lems do realize TitanFall is going to get most of its sales on 360 right? Doesn't help the XO very much.

If you believe that then you're in for a huge surprise. MS will insure every single TV add has Xbox One on it. I doubt outside of a bottom of the screen flash you'll even see there's a 360 version or PC. They certainly won't do any TV ads for them. PC gamers are always in the know and don't even need TV ads, lol. The only footage you will see in ads and TV commercials will be the Xbox One version.

I'd be very surprised if X1 didn't have the lowest sales between the three platforms.

Actually the PS4 will.

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

Unless it can play play files from a samba share in a multitude of codecs I can't see how a few web apps make it remotely relevant as a media device.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Of course it's, it is the CABLE BOX.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

Actually the PS4 will.

k

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Clock-w0rk: ok knacky I guess its all about ps4 or nothing?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Is it any surprise that the box which promotes multimedia over gaming does it better than the gaming-focused PS4?

If you can justify $100 more for a console that can't render games in 1080p but can switch seamlessly to Food Network in HD, XB1 is for you.

Makes it kinda embarrassing then that the jack of all trades XOne is even doing gaming better than the supposedly gaming-focused Sony.

How so? The XB1 launch lineup is not much better than the PS4's, and most launch-day multiplats have been shown to run at a higher resolution and/or a higher framerate on PS4. At this point it's a question of Ryse vs. Killzone Shadowfall.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Heil68 said:

The article states:

PS4 may have a reduced offering when it comes to media content, but what it does have will be open to all and additive to its primary focus: games.

That's all I ever asked for.

Also :If you want a multimedia box and don’t mind Kinect’s(lol) insidious side..LMAO

I want it all. And that includes the PS4 Eye, which is no more insidious than the Kinect 2.0. Man, I'm going to spend like 5 minutes with my family this Thanksgiving lol. "Gotta go!"

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Good to hear.

Not only the best multimedia box, but also more exclusives coming out this holiday than the competition.

Best of both worlds with Xbox

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Shame i'm buying a game console and not a multimedia box. I could spend $100 bucks on a Roku now.

But I'll get an X1 when it's cheaper down the line and has more games that appeal to me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

So funny how places have changed from last launch. The PS3 with its web browser, blu ray, DVD was a multimedia device, and I remember Moore, then with Xbox stating, our focus is options and games, with the 360. Now PS4 goes as low price as it can, and X1 is high, it is a multimedia device with good launch line up though. PS4 has stronger tech but weaker lin up out of the gate, and they now want money for MP, after the infamous "free online is an integral part of playstation gaming"-Tretton. Guess not Jack

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@RR360DD said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Is it any surprise that the box which promotes multimedia over gaming does it better than the gaming-focused PS4?

If you can justify $100 more for a console that can't render games in 1080p but can switch seamlessly to Food Network in HD, XB1 is for you.

Makes it kinda embarrassing then that the jack of all trades XOne is even doing gaming better than the supposedly gaming-focused Sony.

How so? The XB1 launch lineup is not much better than the PS4's, and most launch-day multiplats have been shown to run at a higher resolution and/or a higher framerate on PS4. At this point it's a question of Ryse vs. Killzone Shadowfall.

What is the PS4 even launching with? Rushzone and Knack? You have Delayclub next year, Infamous and the order (which im guessing is 2014) and of course a plethora of indies lol

XOne launches with Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon and Killer instinct. It has Quantum Break, Halo, D4 and Sunset overdrive next year (Possibly Fable? not sure when that launches).

And not forgetting Titanfall which is without a doubt the biggest next gen game so far. Not exclusive, but not on PS4 either.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

XBone........lol

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

PS4 will have awesome first party exclusives that will push gaming forward, while the X1 will have unimportant TV/media options that will only be available in America. The PS4 will still have Netflix and other important apps that comes along. The X1 will be competing against cheaper BD players and media streaming boxes that will do the same, and look better in your living room. They won't play games of course, but people who are interested in just watching TV will have cheaper options.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@RR360DD said:

@princeofshapeir said:

What is the PS4 even launching with? Rushzone and Knack? You have Delayclub next year, Infamous and the order (which im guessing is 2014) and of course a plethora of indies lol

XOne launches with Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon and Killer instinct. It has Quantum Break, Halo, D4 and Sunset overdrive next year (Possibly Fable? not sure when that launches).

And not forgetting Titanfall which is without a doubt the biggest next gen game so far. Not exclusive, but not on PS4 either.

Lay of the hyperbole.You guys are overhyping this game too hard. If youre going by awards given at e3, you do realize Dishonored won best of show at E3 last year right?

LINK

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Honestly, none of those reasons listed lead me to believe the Xbox One is a superior media player (which it is).

It turns out that PS4 doesn't even support DLNA for streaming from one's PC. Also, it doesn't even support audio cds or .mp3 files. It is just baffling that these are not standard features (PS Blog).

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@XBOunity said:

@Heil68: since then they changed their tune. Maybe because of lack of games on ps4 sorry brah

No need to be sorry. You know Sony will bring the woirld class games, I know they will and so does the world:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

Just like last gen and just like since forever. Sony cares, Sony LOVES,

By gamers for gamers, the SONY way.

Greatness Awaits TC

Sony

PS4

Greatness waits...till spring when the launch line-up will finally be "launching".

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Not surprising. Cows make fun of xbox for being about TV, sports and things like that so they too would agree with this.

Plus PS4 doesn't even play MP3. Did you want gaming only? Have fun with it and ask Sony to remove netflix since that has nothing to do with gaming too.