EDGE: can MS turn things around for Xbone ?

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (3027 posts) -

LINK

"We talk to leaders at Microsoft to discover how the company intends to turn its console division around in the new issue of Edge magazine, published on Thursday April 10. You can subscribe now in print, on iPad, Google Play and Zinio.

There’s insight from top Microsoft executives Phil Spencer and Phil Harrison plus former Microsoft employee Peter Molyneux and key partner Tim Sweeney, founder of Epic Games, as we find out how the platform holder plans to put Xbox back in the number one spot after a troubled launch.

One thing that’d help, of course, is launching Xbox One in more than just 13 territories. “I’ll just say it: I wish we were in every country on day one,” Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer tells us. “Accelerating our country rollout is really, really important to us. We built a box that natively understands the country it’s in – the language and television and other things – [so] let’s make sure we do a complete job in bringing the console into those markets. When we do, I think it will have an impact, but I want to do it in the right way. I don’t want to get there early if the box isn’t ready for the market it’s being launched in.”

I think they can only turn things around if they drop kinect and drop the price, also i think philly is a good start

Dat Cover LOL

#2 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3485 posts) -

Of course they can, but they need to focus on what's important whether it's price games or kinect are driving it down they can still bounce back of course, PS3 bounced back despite bad sales and a bad E3 to become a second place contender las gen and learned from their mistakes, MS will learn and take this as a humble pie

#3 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

Yes they can 100%. Time after time the best way to sell consoles is by releasing top tier games that make people want to buy your system over the competitors. Graphics, tv integration, controller, etc. are fine points for those to argue with but the one argument that trumps them all is which game console has the best games.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (42710 posts) -

Sure, they can come in second place! Nothing wrong with that.

#5 Posted by lostrib (31843 posts) -

Throw out a Halo, some Gears, maybe some new sparkly IPs and they'll be doing alright

#6 Posted by Blabadon (25269 posts) -

Easily

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (7951 posts) -

Phil Spencer admitting that TV is keeping them from rolling out a games console timely. That is fucking priceless!

#8 Posted by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

Yes they can 100%. Time after time the best way to sell consoles is by releasing top tier games that make people want to buy your system over the competitors. Graphics, tv integration, controller, etc. are fine points for those to argue with but the one argument that trumps them all is which game console has the best games.

This.

Sucks that MS has the worst first-party though and thus the weakest exclusives at the end of the gen.

#9 Posted by hoosier7 (3699 posts) -

They won't match Sony imo, the PS4 just has that appeal that a popular product sometimes has.

They'll pull in some more sales though as the price drops and the games roll in. £350 or lower and a Halo release will be a major boost. £430 was just a stupid price point.

#10 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Price. Concumers simply don't see the value in the One as they do in the PS4. Lower the price.

#11 Edited by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

Not "best" games, games that people want.