EDGE 5/8 => Sunset Overdrive!!!!!!! :-O

• 175 results
#1 Edited by Heil68 (43594 posts) -
#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39386 posts) -

Nice. We haven't really heard about it since E3.

Looking forward to it.

#3 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

If this game is worth it I might buy the rumored SO bundle during the holidays.

#4 Posted by kuu2 (6998 posts) -

@Heil68: You and me both brother. One of my most anticipated games. Will definitely check this out next month.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

Nice. We haven't really heard about it since E3.

Looking forward to it.

I know! To be honest I dont even know if it's first person or third person!

"With an arsenal of kick-ass, overpowered weapons and a knack for traversing the city with hyper agility, it’s not the end of days for you. This is your awesomepocalypse."

My guess is 3rd person. Want to see some gameplay though, love the trailer art style.

#6 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@Heil68: its confirmed 3rd person. Dont feel like finding a link.

#7 Posted by Desmonic (13519 posts) -

@kuu2: @Heil68:

How can a game about which we literally know nothing about (besides the original small teaser which didn't show anything) be your most anticipated game of 2014? XD

#8 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

@Heil68: its confirmed 3rd person. Dont feel like finding a link.

I kind of figured that, but there has literally been no information since E3, not even one screen shot!

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (39386 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

I know! To be honest I dont even know if it's first person or third person!

"With an arsenal of kick-ass, overpowered weapons and a knack for traversing the city with hyper agility, it’s not the end of days for you. This is your awesomepocalypse."

My guess is 3rd person. Want to see some gameplay though, love the trailer art style.

I think 3rd person. This is Insomniac, so I'm pretty sure the weapons are gonna be kick-ass.

But yeah, I do hope they keep the style as close as it was shown in the trailer.

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I still don't really know what this game is. Like what's the gameplay etc?

#11 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

I need to know more before I can get excited about. The teaser reveal told us very little.

#12 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: its an ever changing open world 3rd person zombie game. People love the art style and are excited to see what its all about.

Insomniac has been hit or miss lately, mostly miss. Hopefully this games great, I need a reason to buy the X1.

#13 Edited by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

nobody knows...lol I'm guessing 3rd person zombie shoot up em, similar to DR3. Hope they have a blow out of information next month.

#14 Posted by kuu2 (6998 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

How can a game about which we literally know nothing about (besides the original small teaser which didn't show anything) be your most anticipated game of 2014? XD

Because I loved the art direction, colorful, bright, and cartoony. Also the openess it seemed to convey in the trailer had me thinking your character would also be able to go anywhere. The team aspect also looks cool. Lastly the ability to combine weapons and get an entirely new weapon.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Desmonic said:

Because I loved the art direction, colorful, bright, and cartoony. Also the openess it seemed to convey in the trailer had me thinking your character would also be able to go anywhere. The team aspect also looks cool. Lastly the ability to combine weapons and get an entirely new weapon.

^^ What he said and I love Insomniac and their games.

#16 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@Heil68: I wouldnt expect much info this close to E3. Hopefully we get something good though

#17 Posted by blackace (20379 posts) -

@Heil68: This should be good. I heard the game has improved greatly over what was shown at the E3 last year.

#18 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Heil68: This should be good. I heard the game has improved greatly over what was shown at the E3 last year.

All they should was a CGI trailer at E3 last year..lol I hope it is good though.

#19 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

I totally forgot about this game ... keeping an eye on it.

#20 Posted by Desmonic (13519 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Desmonic said:

^^ What he said and I love Insomniac and their games.

But that's the thing. We speculated all of that from that initial trailer and from small tidbits released here and there :P We still have no confirmation of any of that.

Don't get me wrong, you're more than free to hype the crap out of it, but I was just surprised how it was on top of both of your lists with little to no solid info (so far) :P

#21 Posted by Wasdie (49655 posts) -

I'm really wondering what kind of elements are going to be tied together. They hinted at quite a bit of various mechanics during the original trailer. Could be good.

I don't know where I heard it but I did hear that Insomniac was butting heads with Microsoft a bit on the game. I hope that's not true.

#22 Posted by Merex760 (4286 posts) -

This and Quantum Break are the two exclusives on XB1 that interest me. Can't wait to see more info.

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

"Dawsome, totally dawsome" in CrackheadBob's voice.

#24 Posted by xhawk27 (7232 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I'm really wondering what kind of elements are going to be tied together. They hinted at quite a bit of various mechanics during the original trailer. Could be good.

I don't know where I heard it but I did hear that Insomniac was butting heads with Microsoft a bit on the game. I hope that's not true.

Why would they be doing that.

#25 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8402 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I hope they did it like two cats who really like each other and not as enemies.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (39386 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

Why would they be doing that.

I think it had to do with the artstyle or direction of the game.

#27 Edited by handssss (1827 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

it'd be pretty funny in a sad way if they actually were having problems with MS. I still remember when the news of this was fresh. By god those forums were a mess. Far worse than respawn's when that whole conference call wa leaked.

What I'd hope above all else is we don't see them changing the name and then the visuals to look like another dime a dozen shooter. I was really interested in Overstrike and look at the travesty committed there.

#28 Edited by lglz1337 (3229 posts) -

this will not sell on XBONE lemmings don't like insomniac games such a waste

for some reason it looks weird lemmings hyping a insomniac game

#29 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Ratchet & Clank meets Dead Rising meets Infamous meets Borderlands? Sign me up

#30 Edited by xhawk27 (7232 posts) -

I think a Zombie game should have a better name. Sunset Overdrive sounds like a 70's Band. I think the name Sunset-Outlast sounds better! :D

#31 Posted by Chutebox (36759 posts) -

I have faith in this dev. Hoping it's awesome and this year!

#32 Posted by Chutebox (36759 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

I think a Zombie game should have a better name. Sunset Overdrive sounds like a 70's Band. I think the name Sunset-Outlast sounds better! :D

It's a zombie game?

#33 Posted by donalbane (16210 posts) -

I don't get what this game even is. It will be nice to get some details. It just looked like a whacky shooter to me. Couldn't get a sense of it based on what they've shown so far.

#34 Edited by xhawk27 (7232 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@xhawk27 said:

It's a zombie game?

Yeah I think it is. Don't really know much about this game except from that E3 trailer last year.

#35 Posted by Chutebox (36759 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@Chutebox said:

@xhawk27 said:

It's a zombie game?

Yeah I think it is.

I did not know this.

#36 Posted by remiks00 (1738 posts) -

Can't wait to finally see what this game has to offer.

#37 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7112 posts) -

I'm predicting another major flop for Lemmings.

Poor Xboners, they can't even enjoy 1080p graphics. :(

#38 Posted by clone01 (24564 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Dude, what are you, 12 years old?

#39 Posted by cainetao11 (17007 posts) -

@Desmonic: mine is destiny, and what do we really know about that besides pretty pictures?

#40 Posted by Desmonic (13519 posts) -

@Desmonic: mine is destiny, and what do we really know about that besides pretty pictures?

Well, we've seen some solid gameplay of it last E3 (was it last E3?..) so at least we do have a small idea of how the gameplay will be (or at least what they are aiming at). In this case we only really have the reveal teaser, which was not gameplay in any sense so that's why I'm a bit surprised is all :P

#41 Posted by cainetao11 (17007 posts) -

@Desmonic: yeah I can understand that. But I wasn't disillusioned about destiny gameplay anyway. Its an FPS. One of my pet peeves actually is, developers don't branch out and risk in terms of genre. I know bungie can make FPS. Try a good action RPG or hack n slash.

#42 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9560 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

nobody knows...lol I'm guessing 3rd person zombie shoot up em, similar to DR3. Hope they have a blow out of information next month.

wut? i thought it was a racing game in the style of Mario Kart with the weapons and car combat elements

#43 Edited by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

wut? i thought it was a racing game in the style of Mario Kart with the weapons and car combat elements

#44 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9560 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Heil68 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

im serious....... I thought that was what the game was about.

#45 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow:

Ok, I'll bite. This is the trailer that was shown at E3 and has been the only thing that has been shown.

I'm not sure where you got MK type car combat game?

#46 Edited by handssss (1827 posts) -

@Desmonic: yeah I can understand that. But I wasn't disillusioned about destiny gameplay anyway. Its an FPS. One of my pet peeves actually is, developers don't branch out and risk in terms of genre. I know bungie can make FPS. Try a good action RPG or hack n slash.

Halo was originally supposed to be an RTS and Bungie had some experience making those. They were also thinking of making it a third person game as well. They used to have another division and in 2001, that division released their third person game Oni. That game was PC and Ps2.

#47 Posted by ButDuuude (426 posts) -

Is Sunset Overdrive an online only game?

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (17007 posts) -

@handssss said:

@cainetao11 said:

Halo was originally supposed to be an RTS and Bungie had some experience making those. They were also thinking of making it a third person game as well. They used to have another division and in 2001, that division released their third person game Oni. That game was PC and Ps2.

Yep, been gaming 30 years I know. Still, like valve, FPS is their MO for the better part of 14 years. Be a creator. Like an Ang Lee, or Spielberg. Branch out.

#49 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4210 posts) -

About time they showed off some details after a year of nothing.

Is Sunset Overdrive an online only game?

It's a persistent online world so they can inject the freshest, newest memes into your gameplay experience.

#50 Edited by iloveatlus (255 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Dude, what are you, 12 years old?

He's right though. Lemmings don't like insomniac games, they did bash insomniac last gen.