EA releasing FIFA 15 on Wii and 3DS, skipping Wii U

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

What do you make of this?

EA’s annual release cycle for its sports properties is underway, with the publishing giant confirming that FIFA 15 is heading to every home platform except the Wii U. The upcoming title’s lead platforms are the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, while versions of the game will still be produced for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and the Nintendo 3DS and Vita.

It’s disappointing to see the Wii U being left out of the mix, but given the poor sales of FIFA 13 on the Wii U, EA’s decision is understandable, if not laudable.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/06/fifa-14-skipping-wii-u/

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I guess the 100 million install base of Wii is more worthwhile than the the WiiU's.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Poor wii u. If this isn't an indication of the dire straits it is in then nothing will convince you. They'd put FIFA on a Nokia 3210 if it was worthwhile.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Did they release fifa 14 on wiiU? if not i think they might be doing a reskin for old versions of wii and 3ds or maybe 6m consumers are not enought for them. Considering most of Nintendo users are not fancy of football.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I personally don't care. I didn't buy a Wii U to play EA games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Hey it happens... On the plus side, you can play a football minigame on Rayman Legends ! :p

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@jake44: your not alone I don't think anyone bought a Nintendo console to play EA games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Wiiu stands for everything positive about videogames.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

We've known this for months.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

We've known this for months.

True, but what's also interesting is that the Vita version is $10 more expensive than 3DS version. They're charging more for better graphics? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@speak_low said:

Sheep go on and on about EA having a vendetta against Nintendo because of the Origin deal (no proof, all talk), but EA is making a game for the 3DS/Wii.

So what is their explanation here? That EA loves money and will override their personal hatred for a few bucks? Or how about, your first explanation was goofy and you don't know what you're talking about (no proof, all talk).

That they can get away with releasing a roster update on a console with a billion user install base, in the wii. There's only one portable system worth making games for in the 3ds, which doesn't have much competition in the genre. Why not release it on wiiu? Because Nintendo doesn't support EAs form of dlc or their plans for sub based pricing and everything involved in that area. The power of wiiu has nothing to do with 3rd party support for these big companies. They don't support wiiu because it clashes with the direction these 3rd parties want to see the industry take. F Sony. F MS. F EA. When are people going to see this. Go build a pc and get a wiiu.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Meanwhile Konami are releasing PES 15 on Wii U.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Meanwhile Konami are releasing PES 15 on Wii U.

Link? The last PES missed the Wii U, so I'm not sure I buy this completely.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendoboy16

@speak_low said:

@Heirren said:

That they can get away with releasing a roster update on a console with a billion user install base, in the wii. There's only one portable system worth making games for in the 3ds, which doesn't have much competition in the genre. Why not release it on wiiu? Because Nintendo doesn't support EAs form of dlc or their plans for sub based pricing and everything involved in that area. The power of wiiu has nothing to do with 3rd party support for these big companies. They don't support wiiu because it clashes with the direction these 3rd parties want to see the industry take. F Sony. F MS. F EA. When are people going to see this. Go build a pc and get a wiiu.

Sony didn't want to take part in the EA Access deal, and that hasn't hurt the relationship one bit.

No, the sales suck ass on the Wii. That's the inelegant, simple explanation (have you seen the NPD and Europe results for Wii U third-party software sales?).

If EA was so incredibly mad at Nintendo, they'd go tell the Wii/3DS to go Fifa themselves in the corner, and ignore those consoles too, because while the sales potential is better with these two, they're not exactly amazing either.

You do realize what EA said about the 3DS sometime ago, right? This makes them look like freaking hypocrites.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@getyeryayasout: The biggest difference and the reason Nintendo aren't on their arse right now is because Sega didn't have a hit console prior to it but yes there are a lot of parallels. It's a shame because Dreamcast actually had some great games, not just average games like pikmin being talked up as legends because people need it to be.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i dont blame them. nintendo fans dont play sports games unless marios name is in the title.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nintendoboy16

@speak_low said:

Actually, I don't know. What did they say about 3DS?

Here you go:

"We were supportive of both of those platforms (3DS/Vita), but then you've got finite resources and you've got teams that say, 'We really think that two or three years from now, these are the platforms that people are going to be consuming games on.' And you look at the quality of what you can do on phones and tablets... Sometimes strategy is not about what you do but what you don't do, and you have to make some hard calls when you've got only so many people. To my point, we've got to be planning for FY 17 and 18. Do you think the Vita and 3DS are going to be around in some shape or fashion by then on a scale level?" - Peter Moore

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

WiiU...lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@locopatho said:

I guess the 100 million install base of Wii is more worthwhile than the the WiiU's.

And the Wii U plays Wii games so.....bfd.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

lucky wii u, noone wants that crap

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

@FinalFighters: lies

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

If it comes out for the Wii, I might consider it. I want a football game, but a little more on the fun side than the hardcore sim versions on the PS3/4 and Xbox 360/1.

I have Pro Evo 2014 and Fifa 14 on the X360 and X1 but I didn't enjoy them. But I had an absolute blast playing Pro Evo 2013 on the Wii. So much fun. I think it's probably the best game I've played on the Wii.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@Heirren said:

@speak_low said:

Sheep go on and on about EA having a vendetta against Nintendo because of the Origin deal (no proof, all talk), but EA is making a game for the 3DS/Wii.

So what is their explanation here? That EA loves money and will override their personal hatred for a few bucks? Or how about, your first explanation was goofy and you don't know what you're talking about (no proof, all talk).

Since when does a console has a billion user install base?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I guarantee it would sell more on the U than on the Wii.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@speak_low said:

Actually, I don't know. What did they say about 3DS?

Here you go:

"We were supportive of both of those platforms (3DS/Vita), but then you've got finite resources and you've got teams that say, 'We really think that two or three years from now, these are the platforms that people are going to be consuming games on.' And you look at the quality of what you can do on phones and tablets... Sometimes strategy is not about what you do but what you don't do, and you have to make some hard calls when you've got only so many people. To my point, we've got to be planning for FY 17 and 18. Do you think the Vita and 3DS are going to be around in some shape or fashion by then on a scale level?" - Peter Moore

That should really send a message to Nintendo, because I don't think he's wrong. Mind you, I think people will be playing 3DS in 2017, but it won't be as prominent a handheld as it is now, and I think Nintendo has a lot to lose if it twiddles its thumbs and doesn't release something special in the next two years. Nintendo needs to create a handheld platform that has the legs of the DS. That platform managed to sell strongly for more than seven years and bring something new to the table, and I don't feel 3DS (as much as I love it) is currently equipped to repeat that. It's the GameboyAdvance for the DS line, if you ask me. Respectable and a commercial success, but the end of the line before a shake-up.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 locopatho

@foxhound_fox said:

How do you know? Even COD only managed tiny numbers on WiiU, and it sold respectably on Wii.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@locopatho said:

@foxhound_fox said:

How do you know? Even COD only managed tiny numbers on WiiU, and it sold respectably on Wii.

I don't know, I'm speculating, like anyone else here. The Wii software attach rate dropped off in 2010 and has dwindled significantly since. More people are likely using their Wii U's now than people are using Wii's, especially in regards to looking for new software to buy.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#35 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Multiplat skipping Wii U =/= News

Multiplat coming to Wii U = News

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho

@foxhound_fox said:

@locopatho said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I don't know, I'm speculating, like anyone else here. The Wii software attach rate dropped off in 2010 and has dwindled significantly since. More people are likely using their Wii U's now than people are using Wii's, especially in regards to looking for new software to buy.

Fair enough. "Guarantee" seemed like more than speculation but I'll allow it :P

Doubt it'd sell all that well on either platform tho.

Dang, I'd really like a new Mario Strikers game...

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Just goes to show how pathetic the WiiU's situation is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@speak_low said:

@Heirren said:

@speak_low said:

Sony didn't want to take part in the EA Access deal, and that hasn't hurt the relationship one bit.

No, the sales suck ass on the Wii. That's the inelegant, simple explanation (have you seen the NPD and Europe results for Wii U third-party software sales?).

If EA was so incredibly mad at Nintendo, they'd go tell the Wii/3DS to go Fifa themselves in the corner, and ignore those consoles too, because while the sales potential is better with these two, they're not exactly amazing either. They could probably be made cheaply, and see a decent return. Wii U is doing so bad right now in third-party software sales, it won't even see anything close to a decent return.

I'm talking about all that stuff. 3rd parties love the dlc. That was the problem since before the wiiu even launched. There's confusion when there's three platforms and two are getting paid dlc while one is not. Didn't COD on wiiu JUST get dlc very recently that was free, but was paid on xbox and playstation?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

meh, commie football

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I didn't buy the Wii U for 3rd party games so even if FIFA was coming to Wii U, I wouldn't buy it. Inferior online, inferior graphics, not for me.
I want games that are designed around the Wii U, not games that are made as multiplats and pushed on the platform.

I own a PC, PS3, PS4, 360, and Xbone for multiplat experiences like EA games...which btw, I don't even buy their games anyways as I don't care for sports/racing games. The few games they make that aren't in that category I would give a peak, but this is a FIFA thread.

I bought my Wii U at launch like my N64, Gamecube, and Wii to be exclusive machines. I learned my lesson with the N64 especially.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@Kjranu:

So far ea have actually released 3 fifa games on the vita that have all been identical in terms of gameplay. I am curious to see if you actually get a new game for those 10 extra bucks.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nintendoboy16

@GamingGod999 said:

As pathetic as it is, it still dodged a few bullets in the process. EA games since 2013 and Aliens: Colonial Marines being a few.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 locopatho

@nintendoboy16 said:

@GamingGod999 said:

EA games since 2013

Titanfall is fucking tasty, and Dragon Age III looks awesome too. Not like WiiU is swimming in FPS or WRPG games either.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

If I were making a sports game, I would make a title with a retro flair with updated graphics in 1080p and put it on the eshop. Something that played like Tecmo Bowl with good graphics and updated rosters would be super-cheap to make and it would sell well to the Wii U audience. Just look at how Tecmo and Konami used to make sports games and update on that model. The games were fun and arcadey.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

Titanfall is fucking tasty, and Dragon Age III looks awesome too. Not like WiiU is swimming in FPS or WRPG games either.

I'm sorry, but wasn't Titanfall considered a letdown despite decent scores? I surely expect the same from Bioware's fans on DA III, just like ME3 (which I enjoy) and DA 2.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 locopatho

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

I'm sorry, but wasn't Titanfall considered a letdown despite decent scores? I surely expect the same from Bioware's fans on DA III, just like ME3 (which I enjoy) and DA 2.

No it was considered brilliant.

ME3 just got flak for the ending, and DA2 was legit disappointing.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

An ending that is said to have ruined an entire trilogy.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#48 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

What do I make of it? EA is a corporation that is looking to maximize the probability of sales. At this point WiiU and X1 don't have large bases. But X1 tries to secure things that may entice people. WiiU is really not working for any third party support. But the install base on the Wii can't be ignored. I guess they figure some of those 100+ million will buy it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 locopatho

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

An ending that is said to have ruined an entire trilogy.

By some. Again, you need to stop generalising literally millions of gamers by the words of a few nutcases on Gamespot.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

By some. Again, you need to stop generalising literally millions of gamers by the words of a few nutcases on Gamespot.

What about the people who made "Retake Mass Effect?" What about a fan who took it to the FTC?The USBB even got on their ass.

Note that the former two were before the Extended Edition.