EA not worst company in America in 2013. Only 3rd.

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

New link to article because is HERE AND ALIVE

Seems that Electronic Arts has gained to points somehow but it's still unrealistically low. But at least it was not first. now it seems Mcdoanlds is the winner followed by AF and then EA.

So EA is still the most hated game company.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Who the hell is deciding the order?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Well I guess you can't win every year, they didn't gain points they just haven't uped their being a complete douche bar enough this year despite releasing broken games.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jakandsigz

@Blabadon said:

Who the hell is deciding the order?

Apparently the "people" of a specific group is asked that is in the category of "?????"

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Who hates McDonald's?? odd lol

Edit: Fixed link

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

So MCDonalds, Abercrombie and EA are the 'winners'. They are so hated, yet make a lot of money and people love to buy from them.

I guess negative publicity is also publicity.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 applefan1991  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

So MCDonalds, Abercrombie and EA are the 'winners'. They are so hated, yet make a lot of money and people love to buy from them.

I guess negative publicity is also publicity.

That's the saying, "All publicity is good publicity". Even when they do wrong, the\y are doing right.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

@WadeFan: Yeah, that's the saying I was looking for :P. And to be the most hated, you have to have a lot of people a) know your brand and b)have bough a product from you to hate it. So being on this list is actually really positive I would say.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

I do think A&F deserve their flac, thier hiring practices and the general attitude of the CEO and organisation are just absolutely deplorable in my eyes that how they think people wearing their clothes are essentially superior and better looking yet its the now flavour of the month with every jersey/geordie shore wannabe this side of the pond and best bit a program that glorfies detritus.

Mind you there are worse halliburton,Bank of America,Morgan Stanley,HSBC etc etc.

MajorPain10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MajorPain10
Member since 2007 • 524 Posts

The SimCity launch is nothing compared to Battlefield 4 right now. The game was easily playable 1-2 weeks after release. Heck, I was able to play it during launch week unlike most people. Battlefield 4 has been out for how long now and is just now becoming the game it was supposed to be at launch? Ludicrous to blame it on SimCity, but it was far more publicized than Bf4 has been (mostly due to the way the game was made to work). Still, EA is the one to blame and not Maxis. EA has never given enough server support for any of their games. I've known this since I played Battlefield:Bad Company 6 years ago...

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jakandsigz

@WadeFan said:

Oh, YOU'RE the reason the link no longer works. I though there was an error. Most m's don't do things like what you just did for a reason just syain.

DiverseGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 DiverseGamer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

McDonald's only sucks if you work there.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator

@Jakandsigz: link properly. It was working just fine.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

So it's still not a bank that gambled our money away or a multinational that keeps it's money off shore to avoid paying any taxes via loopholes.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

And nobody mentions Monsanto? The biggest bio company that specializes in genetically modified crops and infiltrate them by cross pollination?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:

And nobody mentions Monsanto? The biggest bio company that specializes in genetically modified crops and infiltrate them by cross pollination?

I think the people who make these lists don't know too much about what they are talking about.

__

In regards to the Gamepur link....where is their source? And why didn't they proofread their article before posting it? Its not a very professional website apparently.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This isn't the same site that named EA worst company in America. The Consumerist named them worst in 2012 and 2013.

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

@DiverseGamer said:

That is false. McDonald's in Denmark has been rated as the best work place (most satisfied employees) in the country for the third consecutive year.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@DiverseGamer said:

That is false. McDonald's in Denmark has been rated as the best work place (most satisfied employees) in the country for the third consecutive year.

It's not a bad place to work, especially for high school students. It's the amount of crap you get from customers, which to be fair, is part of retail/service. You have to take the good and the bad, and I got sick of dealing with unruly customers who feels self entitled.

I would never recommend working there as a career (especially if you have no chance of moving up), but you can do much worse for minimum wage on the side. It's pretty good for getting money on the side and buy yourself an extra game or two.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

@speak_low said:

This seems very random. What did McDonald's suddenly do this past year to be so hated, and I haven't heard about A&F stores doing anything worse than other companies, unless there was some more controversy again with their hiring practices.

I never paid attention to these lists but I'm starting to think it's all kind of dumb, because it not only seems random, but the biggest companies seem to be the target when there are far smaller, more incompetent companies that really deserved to be mentioned and exposed.

This list seems more like "attack the big popular guy" for the 1-2 iffy things they did.

probably related to the war to raise minimum wage

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@rilpas said:

@speak_low said:

This seems very random. What did McDonald's suddenly do this past year to be so hated, and I haven't heard about A&F stores doing anything worse than other companies, unless there was some more controversy again with their hiring practices.

I never paid attention to these lists but I'm starting to think it's all kind of dumb, because it not only seems random, but the biggest companies seem to be the target when there are far smaller, more incompetent companies that really deserved to be mentioned and exposed.

This list seems more like "attack the big popular guy" for the 1-2 iffy things they did.

The people wanting to raise it looked like complete idiots. I worked fast food in college, and it was stressful. They do deserve a raid in wage, but not as much as they seemed to think. I believe it was $15, which is stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Anyone who hates unhealthy food. I like the taste of mcdees burgers, but yeah I avoid eating there like the plague

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@muffin2020 said:

So it's still not a bank that gambled our money away or a multinational that keeps it's money off shore to avoid paying any taxes via loopholes.

Maybe those who voted don't pay the bills.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

you have 16 threads created just on page one....i think its time to go outside for once

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@rilpas said:

@speak_low said:

The people wanting to raise it looked like complete idiots. I worked fast food in college, and it was stressful. They do deserve a raid in wage, but not as much as they seemed to think. I believe it was $15, which is stupid.

I don't live in the US so I really have no opinion on whether or not the US minimum wage is fair

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@rilpas said:

@millerlight89 said:

@rilpas said:

@speak_low said:

I don't live in the US so I really have no opinion on whether or not the US minimum wage is fair

it varies by state

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@rilpas said:

@millerlight89 said:

@rilpas said:

@speak_low said:

it varies by state

thats interesting.

in australia the minimum wage is $16.37/hr AUD. http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/national-minimum-wage/pages/default.aspx

so $14.71/hr in american monies.

but in australia they don't get gratuities, quite an american thing i guess. how the hell do people factor that in? are those taxed?

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Man, I can't even imagine the McDonalds wages in Sim City.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator

@farrell2k: I worked there during High school and moved up to management. They get a bad rap for underpaying their employees, but it's a good, fun job for a high schooler.

DiverseGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 DiverseGamer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@Mozelleple112: Really? Denmark must suck.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By brentendo3
Member since 2013 • 176 Posts

Why is McDonald's the most hated? From the employee perspective, they treat them quite well from what I've read. And no one is forcing anyone to buy McDonald's. The restaurant also has excellent customer service and has nutrition facts posted everywhere. Some people not liking their food shouldn't be a reason for worst company of the year.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@MajorPain10 said:

The SimCity launch is nothing compared to Battlefield 4 right now. The game was easily playable 1-2 weeks after release. Heck, I was able to play it during launch week unlike most people. Battlefield 4 has been out for how long now and is just now becoming the game it was supposed to be at launch? Ludicrous to blame it on SimCity, but it was far more publicized than Bf4 has been (mostly due to the way the game was made to work). Still, EA is the one to blame and not Maxis. EA has never given enough server support for any of their games. I've known this since I played Battlefield:Bad Company 6 years ago...

Sim City was far worse. Maxis had to strip out gameplay features for weeks just to keep up with the servers. The game also turned out to be a big disappointment even with the online features fixed. BF4 had issues, but nothing on the scale of Sim City. BF 4 is also a good game, and people are willing to suffer through the crashes and bugs to experience it.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

Only the 3rd most hated? I think this would be considered good news for EA.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

*goes to buy a big-mac*

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@CrownKingArthur said:

thats interesting.

in australia the minimum wage is $16.37/hr AUD. http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/national-minimum-wage/pages/default.aspx

so $14.71/hr in american monies.

but in australia they don't get gratuities, quite an american thing i guess. how the hell do people factor that in? are those taxed?

The US minimum wage is $7.25. Some states and communities have set the minimum wage higher than that. The minimum wage for tipped employees is only $2.13, but employers are required to pay their employees the difference if their tips do not add up to the $7.25 minimum. Tips are taxed, but almost nobody actually reports all of their tips. I suppose that as paying with cash has gone out of style, waiters aren't able to under-report as much as they used to.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

A disgusting fast food joint. A clothing store for douche bags. And a greedy games company whose policy is to release broken games. A worthy top 3.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@WadeFan: A lot of the McDonald's hate comes from the way they compensate and treat their employees. Similar reasons that Wal-Mart is disliked.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mozelleple112

@DiverseGamer said:

No, I think its just that the USA is the worst country in the world, people think McDonalds is like it is in the US. Here in Norway, its pretty much the same in Denmark. High school students would love to work at McD. We get paid about NOK 150 per hour, which is $25/hr for making fast food, and at the end of the day you can bring home all the leftover hamburgers, nuggets etc that didn't get sold, so your closest 10 friends are going to love you after work.

I'm not saying McDonald's is the best place to work, as a white collar I would never work there, but for your average high school student / uneducated person earning $25/hour is pretty darn good. Also as lf these countries have low population most McDonalds stores are empty half the day and never get anywhere near as chaotic as they would in NYC, Chicago, Miami, Boston, Seattle, etc, etc.

Not to mention you get free healthcare etc, so you don't have to worry about that. I guess Scandinavian people are much nicer than Americans anyway.

What's McDonalds like in the US? 7 dollars per hour, no healthcare, longer work days, more hectic, more fat people on wheelchairs giving you lip etc...

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

@speak_low:

they have alot of bad press about the min wage buts thats also the states giving benefits to corporations also its not just mcdonolds pretty much any fast food chain and walmart. Mcdonolds also provides healthier alternatives nobody is forcing you to buy a big mac. Its your politicians fault you let mcdonolds under pay workers keep the profit then use tax dollars to support the workers.

I actually used to like Abercrombie some of their stuff is alright but their ceo is a scumbag saying he only wants attractive people wearing their clothes lol plus they only hire models

EA likes to nickel and dime their customers their mobile games are the absolute worst with microtransactions and paypass for used games

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: very interesting to know that about the min wage in the US. thanks for taking the time to reply. sincerely crownkingarthur.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#44 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

EA shouldn't even be in the top ten. There are plenty of worse companies out there. People get too wrapped up over damn games and forget real issues.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@Mozelleple112 said:

@DiverseGamer said:

No, I think its just that the USA is the worst country in the world, people think McDonalds is like it is in the US. Here in Norway, its pretty much the same in Denmark. High school students would love to work at McD. We get paid about NOK 150 per hour, which is $25/hr for making fast food, and at the end of the day you can bring home all the leftover hamburgers, nuggets etc that didn't get sold, so your closest 10 friends are going to love you after work.

I'm not saying McDonald's is the best place to work, as a white collar I would never work there, but for your average high school student / uneducated person earning $25/hour is pretty darn good. Also as lf these countries have low population most McDonalds stores are empty half the day and never get anywhere near as chaotic as they would in NYC, Chicago, Miami, Boston, Seattle, etc, etc.

Not to mention you get free healthcare etc, so you don't have to worry about that. I guess Scandinavian people are much nicer than Americans anyway.

What's McDonalds like in the US? 7 dollars per hour, no healthcare, longer work days, more hectic, more fat people on wheelchairs giving you lip etc...

It's not really that bad in the US. McDonalds employees start at minimum wage, but I'm sure they get raises and have the potential to move to management if they aren't bad at their job. Plus, workers in the US who don't earn much money pay zero federal income tax. That, plus the low cost of living in states with the $7.25 minimum wage make that money go a whole lot further than it would seem. It certainly isn't enough money to support a family, but if you are a bachelor with roommates, it's enough money to support yourself while you go to college, etc.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@DiverseGamer said:

25 an hour ? wtf ? for working at McDonalds ? damn... my mother was an accountant here in NYC and she earned about the same.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mozelleple112

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@DiverseGamer said:

It's not really that bad in the US. McDonalds employees start at minimum wage, but I'm sure they get raises and have the potential to move to management if they aren't bad at their job. Plus, workers in the US who don't earn much money pay zero federal income tax. That, plus the low cost of living in states with the $7.25 minimum wage make that money go a whole lot further than it would seem. It certainly isn't enough money to support a family, but if you are a bachelor with roommates, it's enough money to support yourself while you go to college, etc.

Well I seem to gather that there is a sort of stigma related to McDonalds work, and this usually comes from the working conditions in America. As the largest economy in the world and most broadcasted country on the planet people tend to believe US = world. Where I'm from working there is not at all bad by any means in fact good pay, decent amount of benefits, easy to get promotions, people feel respected at work etc... and obviously it is pretty good in Denmark too. I'm sure its a great place to work in the rest of Western Europe too (Swizterland, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Ireland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, Iceland)

I still think the minimum wage in the US, despite lower cost of living is way too low.

I mean, $7.25/hr is about $15,000/yr. That's about 6 months rent for me : /

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

EA, McDonalds, and AF?

How about companies that actually ruin lives and kill people like Oil or Bank ones?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#49  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Just saw what A&F was... trully dispicable practices. And the fact its CEO is ugly as fvck doesnt help either

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PurpleMan5000

@Mozelleple112 said:

Well I seem to gather that there is a sort of stigma related to McDonalds work, and this usually comes from the working conditions in America. As the largest economy in the world and most broadcasted country on the planet people tend to believe US = world. Where I'm from working there is not at all bad by any means in fact good pay, decent amount of benefits, easy to get promotions, people feel respected at work etc... and obviously it is pretty good in Denmark too. I'm sure its a great place to work in the rest of Western Europe too (Swizterland, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Ireland, UK, Germany, Austria, Finland, Iceland)

I still think the minimum wage in the US, despite lower cost of living is way too low.

I mean, $7.25/hr is about $15,000/yr. That's about 6 months rent for me : /

Where I live, $15,000 would cover about 30 months' rent.