EA has zero games planned for the Wii U

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

Good thing for sheep that EA is trash.

DICE, Bioware, Criterion and EA Sports are not trash.

Debatable. The only current EA franchise I like is Fifa. And that's only until Konami get's their act together and fixes PES. And then all my friends will have to jump ship....

#52 Edited by locopatho (20238 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Yeah they are. YEAH, they are.

No they factually aren't. If you wanna be a hipster bitch and argue that Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Dragon Age (the first one), Burnout, Need For Speed, and Fifa are trash, go right ahead. I'll file it away with the people who whined that GTAV sucked.

#53 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Debatable. The only current EA franchise I like is Fifa. And that's only until Konami get's their act together and fixes PES. And then all my friends will have to jump ship....

It's not debatable. You can call them only average, or overrated, or inferior to competing games. But they simply aren't trash.

And PES is never coming back, it ruled on PS2 but FIFA is king now.

#54 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -

LOL EA. Who cares about EA?

#55 Edited by Nuck81 (5846 posts) -

The last EA game I bought was a used copy of Mass Effect 3.

The last EA game before that, a used copy of Mass Effect 2.

Edit: Sorry I forgot that EA publishes NFS. So add a used copy of The Run, and a new copy of Shift 2 from 2010.

#56 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Oh yes. Because Battlefield, Mass Effect, Mirrors Edge and FIFA are trash.

Dumb fucking comment.

#57 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

dat unprecedented partnership.

#58 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7331 posts) -

#59 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@speak_low: EA not having games..I mean not having game for the ./...no I mean not having games.

....Only benefits everyone

#60 Edited by anab0lic (273 posts) -

Well as a pc owner and wii u owner i can juts play the EA games on pc....but other than maybe Titanfall i cant say im remotely interested in anything EA has to offer...

#61 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

Oh yes. Because Battlefield, Mass Effect, Mirrors Edge and FIFA are trash.

Dumb fucking comment.

SimCity 4 was pretty good that was 10 years ago.

I think we are talking lately

#62 Edited by Speak_Low (1020 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@speak_low: EA not having games..I mean not having game for the ./...no I mean not having games.

This post - what language is it?

The point or argument you're attempting to make - where is it? I don't even understand your post.

Also, everyone who keeps saying EA is trash is lying, because you will be playing one of EA's published games for sure in the next three years.

There's no way out of all of those games you will never play them. Whether it's next-gen Mass Effect 4, DA3, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront (this one is going to be huge), any EA sports title or even possible Valve games (Left 4 Dead 3) which EA publishes.

EA does not make every game, but they are the biggest third-party publisher in the industry, so they have many games to choose from. Anyone saying they are trash and have nothing interesting to play, or only makes garbage is a flat-out liar.

And anyone else saying this won't affect Nintendo one bit is delusional to the 100th power.

#63 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26497 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

The point or argument you're attempting to make - where is it? I don't even understand your post.

Also, everyone who keeps saying EA is trash is lying, because you will be playing one of EA's published games for sure in the next three years.

There's no way out of all of those games you will never play them. Whether it's next-gen Mass Effect 4, DA3, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront (this one is going to be huge), any EA sports title or even possible Valve games (Left 4 Dead 3) which EA publishes.

EA does not make every game, but they are the biggest third-party publisher in the industry, so they have many games to choose from. Anyone saying they are trash and have nothing interesting to play, or only makes garbarge is a flat out liar.

And anyone else saying this won't affect Nintendo one bit is delusional to the 100th power.

So, having an opinion on EA on whether or not they are any good is lying now? Would they be lying if they think EA is bad because of some BS business decisions like always-online (Sim City) and completely rushed releases (Battlefield 4)?

#64 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

EA does not make every game, but they are the biggest third-party publisher in the industry, so they have many games to choose from. Anyone saying they are trash and have nothing interesting to play, or only makes garbage is a flat-out liar.

So I used to have EA games in my collection but I havent played an EA game in 5 years and I play video games almost every day.

indie houses are now producing better games bro

#65 Edited by Speak_Low (1020 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

So, having an opinion on EA on whether or not they are any good is lying now? Would they be lying if they think EA is bad because of some BS business decisions like always-online (Sim City) and completely rushed releases (Battlefield 4)?

No I meant those saying they are glad EA is not releasing a single game on Wii U is a good thing - I don't believe them at all.

They say EA has nothing but garbage in their library - I have a feeling they are going to play one of those EA games because they can't help it, especially for those who have played the Mass Effect trilogy and want to see the next game in the series.

Or the new Star Wars Battlefront game - they'll be watching the new trailers anyways when gameplay footage is shown.

If they hated EA (like they said) they wouldn't watch any trailers for any upcoming EA game, right?

They have a right to be mad about Sim City or other things EA has done, but I'm calling them out on exaggerating too much (current sour grapes) and not being fully honest.

#66 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2581 posts) -

EA is a bunch of greedy trash anyways.

They have ruined every franchise they ever touched.

#67 Posted by Speak_Low (1020 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

So I used to have EA games in my collection but I havent played an EA game in 5 years and I play video games almost every day.

indie houses are now producing better games bro

So for most of this past generation you haven't played a single EA game?
No Portal, Left 4 Dead series (published by EA - there is no way of avoiding this)

No Mass Effect or Dragon Age, Dead Space, Sims, Need for Speed or any EA sports game (Madden, FIFA, SSX)??

LOL okay whatever

#68 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

No I meant those saying they are glad EA is not releasing a single game on Wii U is a good thing - I don't believe them at all.

They say EA has nothing but garbage in their library - I have a feeling they are going to play one of those EA games because they can't help it, especially for those who have played the Mass Effect trilogy and want to see the next game in the series.

Or the new Star Wars Battlefront game - they'll be watching the new trailers anyways when gameplay footage is shown.

If they hated EA (like they said) they wouldn't watch any trailers for any upcoming EA game, right?

They have a right to be mad about Sim City or other things EA has done, but I'm calling them out on exaggerating too much (current sour grapes) and not being fully honest.

unless they plan to start bringing back games like SimCity 4 without touching them with their current hands then its a good thing for the industry for EA to stop creating games which then allows more other developers in the market.

#69 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

by the way....for those who dont know...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/20/former-ea-exec-to-lead-oculus-vr-publishing-initiative/

#70 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

EA doesn't make much if anything that I care about, so this wouldn't be an issue for me if I bought the Wii U.

#71 Posted by Chozofication (2822 posts) -

@Chozofication said:

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco said:

No they factually aren't. If you wanna be a hipster bitch and argue that Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Dragon Age (the first one), Burnout, Need For Speed, and Fifa are trash, go right ahead. I'll file it away with the people who whined that GTAV sucked.

Hipster bitch? Lol.

Nope, they're trash.

Never played GTAV, rockstar is also trash. I'll be enjoying games with merit and value while you keep playing your annualized trash, sure.

#72 Posted by gamefan67 (9880 posts) -

Well thankfully I really only care about Dice's games, which i can already play on my PS3 and soon to be on PS4 or Xbone (still undecided on which one to get).

#73 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

EA has zero games planned for the Wii U

Well I have Zero plans on buying EA Games and I don't have a Wii U either. not like anyone can get BF 4 working on any-system anyway.

@PonchoTaco said:

DICE, Bioware, Criterion and EA Sports were not trash until EA took them over.

Fixed it for you

#74 Edited by hiphops_savior (7877 posts) -

1. Why does Battlefield 4 have a feature that could've easily be on the Wii U? Could it be that BF4 was originally going to appear on the Wii U with Commander mode? Could it be that Smartglass use of Commander mode was salvaged from the now cancelled Wii U port?

2. I used to think the whole fallout between Nintendo and EA has to do with Origins. Of course, with uPlay on Wii U, that makes no sense. Could it be that EA has a change in policy in an attempt to rein in the cost of next gen development? Could it be the reason why publishers are lobbying for x86 architecture instead of PowerPC?

3. If that is the case, the Wii U is getting shafted in the same way Apple got shafted before they switched to Intel. It is not due to inferior hardware. It is a combination of new direction from the top, low audience and a foreign architecture that does not make it financially viable to develop on the Wii U.

Face it, the industry is a profit driven business. Any pretense of caring for gamers is PR designed to fill their coffers with your hard earned cash.

#75 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

All of a sudden some people hate EA. lol
They publish some of the best games last generation and will continue to do so in nextgen.
One of many developers that are avoiding the Wii U.

#76 Posted by Bigboi500 (29638 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

They publish some of the best games last generation and will continue to do so in nextgen.

No, you just have shitty taste in games.

#77 Posted by hiphops_savior (7877 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

1. The guy responsible for EA's "City state" model is now gone.

2. Their PR is still atrocious

3. They are banking on only needing to develop engines for one architecture rather than several and using microtransactions.

4. There are publishers (Ubisoft, Warner Bros, Activision) who sees making games on the Wii U, no matter how atrocious, as beneficial for establishing relationships with Nintendo and customers.

5. That said, no company truly cares about gamers. The only reason they do is because "fucking customers over" is bad for business.

#78 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

I've disliked EA since the DC days.

#79 Edited by da_illest101 (7443 posts) -

I'm not getting a Wii U, but to me it would have not been a big deal anyways, mirror's edge is the only franchise that I care about that has any association with EA

#80 Posted by Pray_to_me (2838 posts) -

I would never leave a child alone with a man that owns a WiiU

#81 Edited by huggy_bear01 (26 posts) -

Why, everybody knows Sony fans are real the pedophiles of the gaming community. Have you seen all those Japanese PSP and Vita games that cater to them?

#82 Edited by Micropixel (886 posts) -

Mmm, this is old news. EA announced sometime last summer that they had nothing planned for Wii U.

This really isn't a big deal since you can play EA's games on other platforms anyway (like PC). I think the whole multi-plat discussion is really blown out of proportion. Exclusives are what keeps Nintendo going. Exclusives are the ONLY reason to pick up any console. Because everything else will run much better on good gaming rig.

#83 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

LOL. Fairplay.

@g0ddyX said:

1. The guy responsible for EA's "City state" model is now gone.

2. Their PR is still atrocious

3. They are banking on only needing to develop engines for one architecture rather than several and using microtransactions.

4. There are publishers (Ubisoft, Warner Bros, Activision) who sees making games on the Wii U, no matter how atrocious, as beneficial for establishing relationships with Nintendo and customers.

5. That said, no company truly cares about gamers. The only reason they do is because "fucking customers over" is bad for business.

Mass Effect, Crysis, Battlefield, FIFA, Mirrors Edge, Command & Conquer, Dead Space, Need For Speed etc all seem fine to me and are top games.

Which game doesnt have microtransactions, dlc's, mods etc these days.

#84 Posted by KungfuKitten (20976 posts) -

Glad you demolished your own thread. If you aint got a PC then you're doing it wrong.

#85 Edited by getyeryayasout (7378 posts) -

WiiU? The controller?

#86 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2991 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Chozofication said:

@locopatho said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Hipster bitch? Lol.

Nope, they're trash.

Never played GTAV, rockstar is also trash. I'll be enjoying games with merit and value while you keep playing your annualized trash, sure.

Lol Hipster confirmed. Rockstar trash? Games with merit and value vs annualized trash? What Rockstar games are annualized? And value wise Rockstar is one of the best. You can dump over 100 hours in the single player of their games easy. And EA does publish some great games. What on earth do you play that offers value above EA and Rockstar?

#87 Edited by glez13 (8769 posts) -

What's a Wii U?