EA has zero games planned for the Wii U

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

For PS4/Xbox One/PC, there are over 15 next-gen games already confirmed, in addition to lots of sequels guaranteed to come on these three platforms for the rest of this generation.

Failtendo couldn't get a single one. :o(

Now Sheep will claim they meant to get these EA games on PC anyways, like this doesn't bother them. LOL. They wish games like Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, Star Wars: Battlefront, ME4 and future Battlefields would come out on Wii U.

Sheep will say BF4 had three bugs and they never want an EA game ever again. Sheep logic

#2 Edited by PonchoTaco (1661 posts) -

Good thing for sheep that EA is trash.

#3 Edited by locopatho (19732 posts) -

DICE, Bioware, Criterion and EA Sports are not trash.

#4 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Who gives a shit? All of the games EA makes would be a better experience on sony, Microsoft systems and PC anyway.

#5 Edited by R4gn4r0k (14488 posts) -

How did sheep play Battlefield 4 ?

#6 Edited by blackace (18479 posts) -

I thought EA already said they had no plans to support the Wii U is the near future. They might start to support them again in 2015. The Wii U should be over 8 million sold by then I would think. The PS4 and XB1 will be getting closer to 13-14 million by that time.

#7 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25055 posts) -

Old news. Besides that, EA and Nintendo were never as close as the former claims, so it's not as bad as when EA left SEGA development and didn't release any game at all for the Dreamcast, where they did for Wii U before they started falling back.

#8 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65929 posts) -

Nintendo didn't agree to Origin

#9 Edited by DaBrainz (7486 posts) -

Too bad because madden with the touchscreen was the best version.

#10 Posted by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

That Sheep comment above yours shows unprecedented saltiness.

Sheep like to exaggerate like that. Sheep logic never makes sense, because he's going to be buying and playing these EA games anyways, but pretend he never bought them.

In keeping with the theme of trash, Nintendo lost so much third-party support in less than a year, because their sales are trash. :`(

If they were actually selling video game consoles and games now, then EA would've at least thrown onto the Wii U the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare title at least (a real upcoming game on 360/X1/PC) or one of the many sports titles or Need For Speed Rivals.

Wii U, instead, will be barred from getting anything in the next 5 years. EA is not the failure when they are into making games and money just like everyone else, and are happy that consoles like PS4/X1 make it easier to reach their goals. It's Nintendo that is the failure for making an outdated, limiting console that no publishers want to deal with.

#11 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25055 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

Maybe so, but EA's business practices ruin games from competent developers. That's why I have NO hope on their hold on Star Wars and why it pissed me off.

#12 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -
@Gargus said:

Who gives a shit? All of the games EA makes would be a better experience on sony, Microsoft systems and PC anyway.

LOL, I was expecting this. Then what is the point of Nintendo making a new console? Do you know it costs billions of dollars to design, market, manufacture and launch a new console, and not to mention a majority of their company's future income (to pay your employees) will rely on this new console for the next 5 years?

Nintendo made the Wii U (with the "innovative" gamepad) and showed off EA's president at the E3 event to show the world that they are trying to court the third-party they knew was lacking from previous years.

But Nintendo made the console too limited in hardware and put too much blind trust into the gamepad. So everything went south from there, and fast.

Nintendo wants and needs EA badly (and other major third-parties) but they're the ones at fault for losing EA, and failing to sustain other third-party support the same way Sony and MS have.

Why is it so easy for Sony and MS to hold on their third-party loyalty, but so continuously hard for Nintendo? Sheep always in denial why this is the case, so they use other excuses like they never cared about third-party support. They are not being genuine at all.

:`(

#13 Posted by flashn00b (2807 posts) -

I don't think people will take this sort of news seriously, given that people believe that EA's business practices are worse than British Petroleum's oil spills.

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2402 posts) -

dat unprecedented partnership in action

#15 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (3203 posts) -

People who say EA don't make good games anyway, are being just as prejudice against EA games as they say people are against Nintendo games.

EA make plenty of quality games. And not having games like Fifa is pretty bad in my opinion. There are certain basic genres which are needed before it starts to become a deal breaker for some. And no, Mario Soccer doesn't count.

I'm one of those gamers who only buys one console a gen (don't have as much time to game as I used to), so I need one with as many genres ticked as possible. I'm not even that big into football, but I enjoy it every now and then. This is why I believe that whole 'People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games' is complete rubbish.

I actually wouldn't mind a Nintendo home console as my only console if I knew it would get any game I feel like playing like the other two, I wouldn't even mind too much that it's less powerful, although I think the Wii U could do with a better CPU.

#16 Posted by AtariKidX (6138 posts) -

WiiU is doomed.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (36428 posts) -

Lovely.

#18 Edited by Heil68 (40495 posts) -
#19 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

People who say EA don't make good games anyway, are being just as prejudice against EA games as they say people are against Nintendo games.

EA make plenty of quality games. And not having games like Fifa is pretty bad in my opinion. There are certain basic genres which are needed before it starts to become a deal breaker for some. And no, Mario Soccer doesn't count.

I'm one of those gamers who only buys one console a gen (don't have as much time to game as I used to), so I need one with as many genres ticked as possible. I'm not even that big into football, but I enjoy it every now and then. This is why I believe that whole 'People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games' is complete rubbish.

I actually wouldn't mind a Nintendo home console as my only console if I knew it would get any game I feel like playing like the other two, I wouldn't even mind too much that it's less powerful, although I think the Wii U could do with a better CPU.

I agree with what you say. I am currently unhappy with Nintendo but, when it comes down to games, they do make quality titles (kinda wish there was a little more variety and risk-taking though).

Their business decisions is what I really hate, and I am simplifying things a lot when I say things like hardware and EA are major problems they are having. Like Inception, this goes much deeper than that, and Nintendo current sales problems are a result of many things including marketing, their company philosophy and self-image, and even company arrogance.

When you look at how Sony and MS keep their third-party support effortlessly, and see how Nintendo gained it for a short while at Wii U's launch, only to lose it quickly (FAILception), then this shows that the problem lies with what Nintendo is doing, and their thinking.

EA and other publishers want to make games and money - so do Sony and MS. The latter two make the new consoles that makes the developer's jobs easier to make said games and money. Both sides are happy in this reciprocal relationship, and that is why they will not lose any support or games in the next 5 years. It is solid.

Nintendo is losing support fast and not gaining new ones, and they are on the outside of this regular loop and barred out, because they're trying too hard be different. They are a little stubborn and too demanding. They don't want to make it easier for developers to make their next-gen games. They give them an outdated video card and CPU, and assume third-party will be attracted to the gamepad like bees to honey.

It is arrogant to assume this is how it will go. Why did Nintendo drop billions of dollars on such a risky venture without making sure it was safe?

Now they have hurt themselves and there will also be, forever, zero Square-Enix, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Konami and 2K games as well if things don't improve, like right now.

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (5709 posts) -

lolWiiU

#21 Edited by VintAge68 (355 posts) -

I agree that EA's negative stance regarding the Wii U is not really comprehensible, as more as they did take it only *after* (successfully) publishing FIFA 13, Mass Effect 3, and NFS Most Wanted. Consequently, last year FIFA was released for PS2, PSP, and Wii--but not Wii U anymore: wouldn't Wii U be but the better bet here?

Ubisoft, in comparison, releases plenty of games for the Wii U, and though I like EA, it seems that the GamePad doesn't really inspire them gameplay-wise.

#22 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

I don't get why so many console owners are happy with mediocrity, playing inferior versions of multiplats. Playing anything but an exclusive game on a console is a disservice to yourself and the hard-earned money used to buy the games you play. If you bought your console for anything but exclusives, you might as well taker a bath in dirty water, because you have no respect for yourself.

#23 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3203 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I agree with what you say. I am currently unhappy with Nintendo but, when it comes down to games, they do make quality titles (kinda wish there was a little more variety and risk-taking though).

Their business decisions is what I really hate, and I am simplifying things a lot when I say things like hardware and EA are major problems they are having. Like Inception, this goes much deeper than that, and Nintendo current sales problems are a result of many things including marketing, their company philosophy and self-image, and even company arrogance.

When you look at how Sony and MS keep their third-party support effortlessly, and see how Nintendo gained it for a short while at Wii U's launch, only to lose it quickly (FAILception), then this shows that the problem lies with what Nintendo is doing, and their thinking.

EA and other publishers want to make games and money - so do Sony and MS. The latter two make the new consoles that makes the developer's jobs easier to make said games and money. Both sides are happy in this reciprocal relationship, and that is why they will not lose any support or games in the next 5 years. It is solid.

Nintendo is losing support fast and not gaining new ones, and they are on the outside of this regular loop and barred out, because they're trying too hard be different. They are a little stubborn and too demanding. They don't want to make it easier for developers to make their next-gen games. They give them an outdated video card and CPU, and assume third-party will be attracted to the gamepad like bees to honey.

It is arrogant to assume this is how it will go. Why did Nintendo drop billions of dollars on such a risky venture without making sure it was safe?

Now they have hurt themselves and there will also be, forever, zero Square-Enix, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Konami and 2K games as well if things don't improve, like right now.

I agree, I was saying only the other day, Nintendo have many problems to address even before you get to marketing. First Nintendo has to admit the problem is with them and stop blaming everything else.

Also I don't see the Wii U as different, adding a screen to the controller doesn't change a lot for the most part.

Nintendo are too stubborn to move their mindset out of the 90s. Making a console successful isn't just down to marketing. The company is just as important, the machine is just a delivery system, a business model.

#24 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (5698 posts) -

EA make plenty of quality games.

They do? I'm excited for Mirror's Edge, but that's it. I'm not even really holding my breath on that one. EA ruins pretty much every good franchise they create within 2-3 iterations.

#25 Posted by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

I don't get why so many console owners are happy with mediocrity, playing inferior versions of multiplats. Playing anything but an exclusive game on a console is a disservice to yourself and the hard-earned money used to buy the games you play. If you bought your console for anything but exclusives, you might as well taker a bath in dirty water, because you have no respect for yourself.

Wii did not sell 100 million just on those exclusives alone. Nintendo was immensely profitable and made lots of money from third-party during the Wii run.

You just made fun of Nintendo saying they are the place to release the ugliest, worst or mediocre versions of multiplat games, and by definition, 360/PS3/X1/PS4/PC are all better because they are higher on the ladder in terms of hardware.

You said it not me.

#26 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

The Wii U and it's weak SIMD isn't worth the trouble. Run BF3 or BF4 on a 1.8 GHz Bobcat CPU and you'll understand what I mean.

#27 Posted by Oemenia (10201 posts) -

EA are terrible, just like how graphics and multiplats suddenly became trash to Sheep.

#28 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Wii did not sell 100 million just on those exclusives alone. Nintendo was immensely profitable and made lots of money from third-party during the Wii run.

You just made fun of Nintendo saying they are the place to release the ugliest, worst or mediocre versions of multiplat games, and by definition, 360/PS3/X1/PS4/PC are all better because they are higher on the ladder in terms of hardware.

You said it not me.

This is what in formal argument is called a straw man. Another dumb reply from another dummy in System Wars.

#29 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@speak_low said:

@farrell2k said:

You said it not me.

This is what in formal argument is called a straw man. Another dumb reply from another dummy in System Wars.

You're saying anyone buying a multiplat Wii U (or even Wii) game is doing something as low as taking a bath in dirty water. Which means all multiplats are, by your implications: automatically inferior (then what's the point of the motion controls and gamepad?), waste of time, and buying third-party games on a Nintendo console is an act beneath human dignity.

You don't even know how to properly help the company you're trying to defend. I expected all of these badly-thought out, desperate, damage control-ish stock responses because they have been used like boring routine for years.

EA is making zero Wii U games, possibly for the entire generation. So your best response in this debate is never buy anymore Wii U multiplat, or for any Nintendo console.

"Another dumb reply from another dummy in System Wars." - you probably should put that in your Profile bio

#30 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Imagine how cool an interactive playbook would have been on the Wii U gamepad for a game like Madden.

Though, with that said, even if EA was supporting Nintendo I doubt that'd have ever happened anyways because lolEA

#31 Posted by Netret0120 (1537 posts) -

Why would they waste money on a console that makes them little money?

Any sane gamer would buy EA games on PC/PS4/X1

#32 Edited by Seabas989 (9664 posts) -

lol EA and lol Wii U

#33 Edited by Demonjoe93 (8948 posts) -

You have a very unhealthy obsession with the Wii-U. I don't think I have ever seen you post about anything other than that console.

#34 Posted by DocSanchez (1102 posts) -

EA will release games on a calculator before they will release games on Wii U. That's how lame wii u is. EA games are on everything but Nintendo. Can't say I blame them.

#35 Posted by Chozofication (2493 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

Yeah they are. YEAH, they are.

#36 Posted by Shewgenja (6876 posts) -

Wasn't this the beginning of the end for the Dreamcast?

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11058 posts) -

Good.

#38 Edited by lamprey263 (21022 posts) -

it's a waste of time, at least for multiplatform titles people can play on any other system if they have something other than a Wii U, if EA wants a game to sell on the Wii U then they'll need to make something exclusive to the system

#39 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25055 posts) -

That comparison would make more sense if EA's popularity was high on Nintendo systems and if they weren't lying beneath their teeth on their relationship with them.

#40 Posted by Shewgenja (6876 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

That comparison would make more sense if EA's popularity was high on Nintendo systems and if they weren't lying beneath their teeth on their relationship with them.

I'll accept that answer. Hell, I just want to see a Metroid game announced and then I'm getting one (granted, its good).

#41 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

You're saying anyone buying a multiplat Wii U (or even Wii) game is doing something as low as taking a bath in dirty water. Which means all multiplats are, by your implications: automatically inferior (then what's the point of the motion controls and gamepad?), waste of time, and buying third-party games on a Nintendo console is an act beneath human dignity.

You don't even know how to properly help the company you're trying to defend. I expected all of these badly-thought out, desperate, damage control-ish stock responses because they have been used like boring routine for years.

EA is making zero Wii U games, possibly for the entire generation. So your best response in this debate is never buy anymore Wii U multiplat, or for any Nintendo console.

"Another dumb reply from another dummy in System Wars." - you probably should put that in your Profile bio

You should change your name to IQ_Low.

#42 Edited by mariokart64fan (19330 posts) -

after playing the trash that is need for speed rivals I can saftely say I don't care , , their games suck and how do you claim ea sports don't suck they just release the same game every year , lmao and the fact they have 2 war games , -who needs 2 , proves ea has ran out of ideas to do anything worth mentioning , the only series I think that was good from them was need for speed and they helped with timesplitters 3 outside those 2 games series , they have nothing to offer the majority of gamers ,

and id like to remind you outside 007 and medal of honor Nintendo hardly received eas sports games , to begin with so this is not a deal breaker , and since those 2 series went down hill after the gc era I could care less

#43 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

A good thing

#44 Posted by musicalmac (21975 posts) -

Is there a source in this thread that I missed? I'm curious to learn more about exactly what that means. If it's as stark as the title suggests, that's significantly bad news for the WiiU. Maybe.

#45 Edited by super600 (29268 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

Is there a source in this thread that I missed? I'm curious to learn more about exactly what that means. If it's as stark as the title suggests, that's significantly bad news for the WiiU. Maybe.

I just recognized to that there is no source for the info the TC got in his OP

#46 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

@blackace said:

I thought EA already said they had no plans to support the Wii U is the near future. They might start to support them again in 2015. The Wii U should be over 8 million sold by then I would think. The PS4 will be getting closer to 13-14 million by that time.

Fixed, troll.

#47 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

You should change your name to IQ_Low.

Again, here was your post. You never address the points I made because you're likely afraid to become further entangled in your own poorly-thought out hypocrisies:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't get why so many console owners are happy with mediocrity, playing inferior versions of multiplats. Playing anything but an exclusive game on a console is a disservice to yourself and the hard-earned money used to buy the games you play. If you bought your console for anything but exclusives, you might as well taker a bath in dirty water, because you have no respect for yourself." - Sergeant Damage Control

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You constantly restate and imply a certain feeling in that post until it's quite clear what you're saying and how you feel. So it's actually even worse now that I read it again:

- you only want people to buy PC versions

- you assume millions can afford to upgrade video cards and rigs to play these best possible versions

- you basically say to never buy a Wii U multiplat, because it's inferior to what you can find on the PC

I know you're an unrepentant Sheep and could never get your excuses right. You say you want X and hate Y, but then want Y and despise X. You want to play on both sides of a street.

The reason is because your arguments were flimsy to begin with. Desperate, rushed damage control has that quality of having lots of holes in it.

You had a chance to make a better argument in your very first post in this thread. It would've represented the chief, top-most thoughts in your head that you eagerly wanted to share with users in this thread - your prime advice on what gamers and the industry should be doing.

And that first post and advice of yours? To never degrade yourself and buy Nintendo multiplat or even PS4, PS3, 360, X1 either. Everyone who doesn't want to be called a dirty bather who has "no respect for [themselves]" should upgrade their PCs and never buy a multiplat any lower than that.

The video game business - the real world you are oblivious to - would never survive with your plan. There are millions of gamers who are casuals and even hardcore who don't have the latest Titan cards and elite PCs for gaming, and that is why multiplats on PS4 or 360 and Wii U still need to sell to help MS, Nintendo and Sony.

You keep stating how much in debt MS and Sony is in financially, and now you expect them to do even better by following your bad advice - only buy consoles for exclusives; multiplats only for PC

That means the droughts on Nintendo would be even worse and unbearably longer, and they would make less money than they are now and cannot survive as a company, and neither would MS and Sony.

Have you considered getting a new tattoo across your torso like Miley Cyrus? Suggested text:

"Another dumb reply from another dummy in System Wars."

#48 Edited by KBFloYd (12212 posts) -

LOL EA

#49 Edited by Speak_Low (430 posts) -

@super600 said:

@musicalmac said:

I just recognized to that there is no source for the info the TC got in his OP

I did not mean to make it seem like there was a official EA press release or an article from Kotaku that came out today (sorry if it appeared that way).

I saw a post on GAF talking about the Nintendo third-party and sales situation (especially with the December NPD coming up) and realized that they were right - EA literally has nothing planned for Wii U.

I checked their website and Googled and couldn't find any upcoming Wii U game, not even for smaller family titles.

(their sort feature is slow but you can filter it by console)

http://www.ea.com/games

EA a few months ago already mentioned future titles that are probably for 2015 and even 2016, but they are only confirmed for X1/PS4/PC.

I figure at this point they would've included the Wii U in these confirmations if it was going to happen. Also, even with EA aside, there are almost zero games coming from other major publishers as well (but confirmed for PS3/360!), so I'm not just pointing out a problem with one studio like EA, but a significant "epidemic" that will be a detriment to the future of Nintendo and Wii U.

#50 Posted by PhazonBlazer (10977 posts) -

What more could U want?