EA doing what they do best with The Sims!

#1 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
#2 Edited by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

"I miss the time when sequels add things to the franchise instead of removing things."

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (56958 posts) -

Seriously, EA? Buzz off.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

I just bought the Sims 3, so I'll just enjoy that.

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (40034 posts) -

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26493 posts) -

And deeper down my shit-list you go, EA!

#7 Posted by fueled-system (6274 posts) -

They really really manipulate that poor fanbase.... They have so many overpriced microtranasctions and they basically feed on these people, sims 3 was barebones and this looks like it is somehow less than that

#8 Edited by Nap215 (53 posts) -

They really really manipulate that poor fanbase.... They have so many overpriced microtranasctions and they basically feed on these people, sims 3 was barebones and this looks like it is somehow less than that

And the worst part is that the fanbase will still support EA til the very end by the looks of it.

#9 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26493 posts) -

@Nap215 said:

@fueled-system said:

And the worst part is that the fanbase will still support EA til the very end by the looks of it.

I may not be a fan of them winning the "worst company in America" twice (2012 and 2013), but one would think support for them would drop after getting reception like that.

#10 Posted by Nap215 (53 posts) -

@Nap215 said:

@fueled-system said:

I may not be a fan of them winning the "worst company in America" twice (2012 and 2013), but one would think support for them would drop after getting reception like that.

I was talking about the Sims fanbase not the EA fanbase overall. The Sims fanbase are more supportive even with the crazy micro-transaction (Sim Points) and pricey expansion packs the Sims 3 have.

#11 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26493 posts) -

@Nap215 said:

I was talking about the Sims fanbase not the EA fanbase overall. The Sims fanbase are more supportive even with the crazy micro-transaction (Sim Points) and pricey expansion packs the Sims 3 have.

Well, I may love the Sims franchise, but I am NOT supporting any new EA products as of last year (Sim City always online DRM fiasco). I may have been playing the Mass Effect games, but...

1) They were obtained used (although we did spend money on DLC)

2) They released prior to 2013

#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11706 posts) -

Good, needless features anyway.

EA really does know what's best for us.

#13 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2366 posts) -

And Sims 3 sold more copies than all xbox 360 or ps3 games.

So i guess like 95% people do(they pirate)

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (46970 posts) -

Great, so they're gonna ruin The Sims just like they ruined Sim City. Good job EA.

#15 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3575 posts) -

Reminds me of Simcity they released, removed all the advanced features of the older versions and made a really terrible basic one... nice one EA. I'm not a Sims fan, but I was a Simcity fan and they ruined it for me.

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (8056 posts) -

Its ok.... im sure YARRRRR will happen with every expansion and store item.

They deserve it in those cases... absolutely ridiculous.

#17 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16463 posts) -

In a few months:

Ea: "We're sorry, we were wrong"

Who the fuck cares if EA says sorry anymore? They constantly pull greedy stunts, so what good is their "sorry" ?

It's like a pyromaniac constantly saying he's sorry for putting things on fire, but he keeps doing it.

#18 Posted by wolverine4262 (19239 posts) -

Oh, so they didnt actually announce those expansions. Still kinda lame I guess.

#19 Posted by Motokid6 (5438 posts) -

I think it's like $415 for the entire Sims 3 experience.

#20 Edited by wis3boi (31293 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I just bought the Sims 3, so I'll just enjoy that.

It's a solid game and everything is cheap for the DLC right now, so good choice. Everything I've seen so far in TS4 looks like a massive downgrade

#21 Posted by harry_james_pot (10786 posts) -

LOL. Why resell only the DLCs? Let's take out parts of the base game as well. This is hilarious! :D

#22 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1501 posts) -

EA can't "guarantee" swimming pools in the sims 4?

Are they absolutely insane?

#23 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2579 posts) -

I am not surprised.

EA being EA as usual.

#24 Posted by Sophette (508 posts) -

Hearing that makes me seriously consider cancelling my preorder. I know there's a 95% chance they're going to 'reintroduce' toddlers and pools in the first or second $30 expansion pack. :( They did the same thing in The Sims 3. They removed many of Sims 2 feature in the Sims 3 base game, and later reintroduced them in expansion packs.

#25 Posted by melonfarmerz (1147 posts) -

This is why piracy is an issue for EA. Who the fuck wants to pay 60 for an unfinished product, primed for expensive DLC so you can get the complete experience.

#26 Posted by aroxx_ab (9491 posts) -

Lol at Sims players

#27 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Anyone who buys 'Sims games and all the expansions needs their bumps feeling.

#28 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Sophette said:

Hearing that makes me seriously consider cancelling my preorder. I know there's a 95% chance they're going to 'reintroduce' toddlers and pools in the first or second $30 expansion pack. :( They did the same thing in The Sims 3. They removed many of Sims 2 feature in the Sims 3 base game, and later reintroduced them in expansion packs.

ya it's a shame. That's why I refuse to even pay for them anymore. It's the only game series i pirate due to it's fucked up pricing

#29 Posted by lawlessx (46643 posts) -

*sighs* guess im gonna have to break the news to my sister and girlfriend.

EA made alot of mistakes with Sims 3 and it looks like they actually WANT to lose more of their fanbase with sims 4.

#30 Posted by biggest_loser (24047 posts) -

Why would they do this? Pools have been in the series since the very first Sims game.

#31 Edited by GamingGod999 (2983 posts) -

Maxis is just as much to blame in this situation.

I mean, seriously. No swimming pools or toddlers? Features that have been present in all other entries within the main series (how the fudge am I suppose to drown my sims now?!)?This is an insult to their large -- and extremely loyal -- fanbase.

#32 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

How about a pissing in the pool expansion to the swimming pool expansion?

#33 Posted by foxhound_fox (88060 posts) -

They did this with Sims 3 as well. Nothing new.

#34 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4687 posts) -

smellectronic farts

saw it comin'

#35 Posted by wis3boi (31293 posts) -

I mean, seriously. No swimming pools or toddlers? Features that have been present in all other entries within the main series (how the fudge am I suppose to drown my sims now?!)?This is an insult to their large -- and extremely loyal -- fanbase.

back in sims 3's dev time, EA actually made the game until the end DLCs until maxis stepped in. Not surprising that this is when quality went upwards.

#36 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26493 posts) -

@GamingGod999 said:

EDIT: Oh... they are back in on this. Well, they did lose it when Will Wright left.

#37 Edited by MirkoS77 (7337 posts) -

Why I don't support EA in any way whatsoever.

#38 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13838 posts) -

I thought firing people would be at the top of the list.

#39 Posted by fend_oblivion (6126 posts) -

You'd think a company would have decent managers... These idiots in EA are going to run the company's future into the ground in the name of short term profits so that they can retire early.

#40 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9779 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

is that one person or two?

#41 Edited by nini200 (9699 posts) -

Which is why The Sims 2: Bustin Out STILL remains the best Sims game created. That game is timeless

#42 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

Lol.

#43 Edited by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

Lol.

#44 Posted by AcidTango (567 posts) -

Looks like EA is trying to get people to hate them more which at this point it's the only thing they are good at.

#45 Edited by Motokid6 (5438 posts) -

Did they get worse company of 2012 and 13? Looks like there shooting for a triple crown.

#46 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

Did they get worse company of 2012 and 13? Looks like there shooting for a triple crown.

hell ya, They see it has free advertisement