EA doing what they do best with The Sims!

#1 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

EA is holding back swimming pools and toddlers, Something that has been around for long time in The Sims LOL

water expansion pack confirmed. $25

light your kids on fire confirmed $30

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/27/the-sims-4-launching-without-swimming-pools-or-toddlers

#2 Edited by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

"I miss the time when sequels add things to the franchise instead of removing things."

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

Seriously, EA? Buzz off.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (26333 posts) -

I just bought the Sims 3, so I'll just enjoy that.

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (40577 posts) -

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

And deeper down my shit-list you go, EA!

#7 Posted by fueled-system (6287 posts) -

They really really manipulate that poor fanbase.... They have so many overpriced microtranasctions and they basically feed on these people, sims 3 was barebones and this looks like it is somehow less than that

#8 Edited by Nap215 (53 posts) -

@fueled-system said:

They really really manipulate that poor fanbase.... They have so many overpriced microtranasctions and they basically feed on these people, sims 3 was barebones and this looks like it is somehow less than that

And the worst part is that the fanbase will still support EA til the very end by the looks of it.

#9 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

@Nap215 said:

@fueled-system said:

They really really manipulate that poor fanbase.... They have so many overpriced microtranasctions and they basically feed on these people, sims 3 was barebones and this looks like it is somehow less than that

And the worst part is that the fanbase will still support EA til the very end by the looks of it.

I may not be a fan of them winning the "worst company in America" twice (2012 and 2013), but one would think support for them would drop after getting reception like that.

#10 Posted by Nap215 (53 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Nap215 said:

@fueled-system said:

They really really manipulate that poor fanbase.... They have so many overpriced microtranasctions and they basically feed on these people, sims 3 was barebones and this looks like it is somehow less than that

And the worst part is that the fanbase will still support EA til the very end by the looks of it.

I may not be a fan of them winning the "worst company in America" twice (2012 and 2013), but one would think support for them would drop after getting reception like that.

I was talking about the Sims fanbase not the EA fanbase overall. The Sims fanbase are more supportive even with the crazy micro-transaction (Sim Points) and pricey expansion packs the Sims 3 have.

#11 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

@Nap215 said:

I was talking about the Sims fanbase not the EA fanbase overall. The Sims fanbase are more supportive even with the crazy micro-transaction (Sim Points) and pricey expansion packs the Sims 3 have.

Well, I may love the Sims franchise, but I am NOT supporting any new EA products as of last year (Sim City always online DRM fiasco). I may have been playing the Mass Effect games, but...

1) They were obtained used (although we did spend money on DLC)

2) They released prior to 2013

#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11846 posts) -

Good, needless features anyway.

EA really does know what's best for us.

#13 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2440 posts) -

And Sims 3 sold more copies than all xbox 360 or ps3 games.

So i guess like 95% people do(they pirate)

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (47137 posts) -

Great, so they're gonna ruin The Sims just like they ruined Sim City. Good job EA.

#15 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3664 posts) -

Reminds me of Simcity they released, removed all the advanced features of the older versions and made a really terrible basic one... nice one EA. I'm not a Sims fan, but I was a Simcity fan and they ruined it for me.

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (8223 posts) -

Its ok.... im sure YARRRRR will happen with every expansion and store item.

They deserve it in those cases... absolutely ridiculous.

#17 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

In a few months:

Ea: "We're sorry, we were wrong"

Who the fuck cares if EA says sorry anymore? They constantly pull greedy stunts, so what good is their "sorry" ?

It's like a pyromaniac constantly saying he's sorry for putting things on fire, but he keeps doing it.

#18 Posted by wolverine4262 (19323 posts) -

Oh, so they didnt actually announce those expansions. Still kinda lame I guess.

#19 Posted by Motokid6 (5617 posts) -

I think it's like $415 for the entire Sims 3 experience.

#20 Edited by wis3boi (31377 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I just bought the Sims 3, so I'll just enjoy that.

It's a solid game and everything is cheap for the DLC right now, so good choice. Everything I've seen so far in TS4 looks like a massive downgrade

#21 Posted by harry_james_pot (10832 posts) -

LOL. Why resell only the DLCs? Let's take out parts of the base game as well. This is hilarious! :D

#22 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1554 posts) -

EA can't "guarantee" swimming pools in the sims 4?

Are they absolutely insane?

#23 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2679 posts) -

I am not surprised.

EA being EA as usual.

#24 Posted by Sophette (508 posts) -

Hearing that makes me seriously consider cancelling my preorder. I know there's a 95% chance they're going to 'reintroduce' toddlers and pools in the first or second $30 expansion pack. :( They did the same thing in The Sims 3. They removed many of Sims 2 feature in the Sims 3 base game, and later reintroduced them in expansion packs.

#25 Posted by melonfarmerz (1170 posts) -

This is why piracy is an issue for EA. Who the fuck wants to pay 60 for an unfinished product, primed for expensive DLC so you can get the complete experience.

#26 Posted by aroxx_ab (9824 posts) -

Lol at Sims players

#27 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Anyone who buys 'Sims games and all the expansions needs their bumps feeling.

#28 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Sophette said:

Hearing that makes me seriously consider cancelling my preorder. I know there's a 95% chance they're going to 'reintroduce' toddlers and pools in the first or second $30 expansion pack. :( They did the same thing in The Sims 3. They removed many of Sims 2 feature in the Sims 3 base game, and later reintroduced them in expansion packs.

ya it's a shame. That's why I refuse to even pay for them anymore. It's the only game series i pirate due to it's fucked up pricing

#29 Posted by lawlessx (46723 posts) -

*sighs* guess im gonna have to break the news to my sister and girlfriend.

EA made alot of mistakes with Sims 3 and it looks like they actually WANT to lose more of their fanbase with sims 4.

#30 Posted by biggest_loser (24054 posts) -

Why would they do this? Pools have been in the series since the very first Sims game.

#31 Edited by GamingGod999 (2997 posts) -

Maxis is just as much to blame in this situation.

I mean, seriously. No swimming pools or toddlers? Features that have been present in all other entries within the main series (how the fudge am I suppose to drown my sims now?!)?This is an insult to their large -- and extremely loyal -- fanbase.

#32 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

How about a pissing in the pool expansion to the swimming pool expansion?

#33 Posted by foxhound_fox (88330 posts) -

They did this with Sims 3 as well. Nothing new.

#34 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4782 posts) -

smellectronic farts

saw it comin'

#35 Posted by wis3boi (31377 posts) -

@GamingGod999 said:

Maxis is just as much to blame in this situation.

I mean, seriously. No swimming pools or toddlers? Features that have been present in all other entries within the main series (how the fudge am I suppose to drown my sims now?!)?This is an insult to their large -- and extremely loyal -- fanbase.

back in sims 3's dev time, EA actually made the game until the end DLCs until maxis stepped in. Not surprising that this is when quality went upwards.

#36 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

@GamingGod999 said:

Maxis is just as much to blame in this situation.

I mean, seriously. No swimming pools or toddlers? Features that have been present in all other entries within the main series (how the fudge am I suppose to drown my sims now?!)?This is an insult to their large -- and extremely loyal -- fanbase.

EDIT: Oh... they are back in on this. Well, they did lose it when Will Wright left.

#37 Edited by MirkoS77 (7484 posts) -

Why I don't support EA in any way whatsoever.

#38 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

I thought firing people would be at the top of the list.

#39 Posted by fend_oblivion (6144 posts) -

You'd think a company would have decent managers... These idiots in EA are going to run the company's future into the ground in the name of short term profits so that they can retire early.

#40 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9789 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

*sighs* guess im gonna have to break the news to my sister and girlfriend.

is that one person or two?

#41 Edited by nini200 (9798 posts) -

Which is why The Sims 2: Bustin Out STILL remains the best Sims game created. That game is timeless

#42 Posted by clyde46 (46289 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic said:

@lawlessx said:

*sighs* guess im gonna have to break the news to my sister and girlfriend.

is that one person or two?

Lol.

#43 Edited by clyde46 (46289 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic said:

@lawlessx said:

*sighs* guess im gonna have to break the news to my sister and girlfriend.

is that one person or two?

Lol.

#44 Posted by AcidTango (584 posts) -

Looks like EA is trying to get people to hate them more which at this point it's the only thing they are good at.

#45 Edited by Motokid6 (5617 posts) -

Did they get worse company of 2012 and 13? Looks like there shooting for a triple crown.

#46 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

Did they get worse company of 2012 and 13? Looks like there shooting for a triple crown.

hell ya, They see it has free advertisement