B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Heil68Sony has also passed on MP3 support and CD playback.

There is no value in that.. Please subscribe to Sony Music. Were fucking BROKE people!!!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@tormentos said:

All of which i can get on gamesfly,and without having to wait for EA strategic movements,don't expect them to give you a fresh new game 3 months from launch,which is why Titanfall isn't there.

Gamefly $22 a month give you access to 2 games at a single time no late fees what so ever,so if you want to play the games for 2 months you can,you fell like playing something new.? Send them get something new.

If you payed $22 a month for gameflay and you only got 5 games a year you are a sad fellow,or maybe you downright suck at games,unless you are talking about staying with 1 game for 5 months to play online,i see no reason why you should get only 5 games,in fact the first month you get 2 games,tire of 1 send it and stay with the other,on gamefly i am sure i could get to play more than 30 games in 1 year i am sure,specially since not all games have a wow online part that hook some one into it.

No I don't suck at games I'm actually working and in college so I don't have time to play games like you do plus I like to get 100% completion in most of my games. 30 games in a year, dude you need a guys night out and to go get laid. I actually like to go to sports bars and family get togethers and get drunk and have a good time instead of staying stuck in some digital fairy world that does nothing for me in the real world. And you call me sad?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#253 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Shawn, get better at shilling. :)

@Blabadon said:

@GrenadeLauncher: It is so funny to see how butthurt you are man. Keep it up

Why would I be butthurt over this crap? You can keep it.

@sts106mat said:

because OPTIONAL additional content and supporting a game post release = bad

do you sell " the big issue" in your free time? are you on jobseekers? it seems like you sound pissed off that your hobby costs you money.

OPTIONAL

That seems to be the only way you can defend this crap.

But hey, you like it. You'll love paying for ten subscriptions in the near future. The crash can't come soon enough.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#255 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ladyblue said:

Lol subscription based gaming.

But isn't PSN+ and PS Now a similar service? Not saying you automatically agree to those, but this doesn't seem new to me, just EA jumping on the bandwagon.

No, they aren't similar.

How so? They sound it. You pay a similar yearly fee and gain access to games to download, yes PSN+ now offers extras on top of that. But somewhere in there they seem to share the concept.

I guess the main difference is that PSnow is streaming, while this is an actual download. Also, PSnow has you pay for individual games (for now), while access is all access pass for the games in the vault.

Honestly, while the selection is limited to EA titles, looking at the current prices, you can get 3x more games for teh same amount spent on EAaccess.

I appreciate the answer since I just didn't feel like answering once it was revealed he didn't research either after all this time. I gave the clue they weren't similar, but I guess that wasn't enough. PS+ is pretty old (years) so I'm just surprised at the confusion in 2014.

PSNow is just like renting individual games as you would streaming individual movies by renting. PS+ is an annual service where they assign you games (just as Games with Gold emulated that PS+ model, so it's not hard to understand if you owned an Xbox with Gold service). PSNow is a 'rent individual games by streaming' service. You choose a game, you choose the price, you rent it and then it goes away.

PSNow is like going to a rental store and choosing the game and paying an agreed upon rental price. What that store has on the shelves is what you can choose from and then you agree to pay for a day, 7 days, 30 days, etc. The service is ambitious with the streaming technology. There is no annual fee. Each game has it's own rental price and time. PSNow rental takes up no space on the HDD since it's streaming (other than the save for the game in the KB).

PS+ they assign you games which you download, like EA will do and much like M$ now does with Games with Gold (GwG). It's a mystery what you get for PS+ (or GwG) and every month you get something. You don't choose the games and there is an annual fee. PS+ also offers huge PS+ savings on games. Recently XBLG started a similar service very recently called Deals with Gold which also emulated the PS+ discount strategy. What you buy, you keep.

You don't need PS+ to access PSNow, you just need the internet. PSNow will eventually appear on phones and other devices as it's simply a "rent individual games service via streaming".

This EA service is closer to PS+ and GwG than it is PSNow. It resembles PS+ with discounts and downloads, I'd say, sure, but not PSNow.

You sound condescending and it's not warranted. And since it was not directed at you, you didn't need to reply in the first place.

Where is the confusion, so it's not like it, but it is? The clarity you bring...

I know it's like PS+, and you said it yourself. I also know PS Now is different, but it's a similar in that it's a digital distribution service, even if its delivery method is different. Oh and Deals with Gold isn't exactly new.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

@tormentos said:

All of which i can get on gamesfly,and without having to wait for EA strategic movements,don't expect them to give you a fresh new game 3 months from launch,which is why Titanfall isn't there.

Gamefly $22 a month give you access to 2 games at a single time no late fees what so ever,so if you want to play the games for 2 months you can,you fell like playing something new.? Send them get something new.

If you payed $22 a month for gameflay and you only got 5 games a year you are a sad fellow,or maybe you downright suck at games,unless you are talking about staying with 1 game for 5 months to play online,i see no reason why you should get only 5 games,in fact the first month you get 2 games,tire of 1 send it and stay with the other,on gamefly i am sure i could get to play more than 30 games in 1 year i am sure,specially since not all games have a wow online part that hook some one into it.

No I don't suck at games I'm actually working and in college so I don't have time to play games like you do plus I like to get 100% completion in most of my games. 30 games in a year, dude you need a guys night out and to go get laid. I actually like to go to sports bars and family get togethers and get drunk and have a good time instead of staying stuck in some digital fairy world that does nothing for me in the real world. And you call me sad?

LMAO!!!!!!

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#258 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Did someone already mentioned the fact that you don't need XBL Gold for EA Access? Unles you want to play online, of course...

Nope, this is the first time i hear about this.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 GrenadeLauncher

I've just realised that because of this, the chance of those four games showing up on GWG are zero.

Good job paying more money for something you should have already got, lemmings. This is why everybody hates you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#261  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@bldgirsh said:

@Blabadon said:

Also as usual the PS4 gets nothing because the PS4 is a shitty console with no games.

Ehh... no one likes subscription based... so, I wouldn't be happy that the xbone has this option...

Hhhmm.. PS+ and PSNow are subscription based. PS+ subscribers rose 200% since the PS4 launched. Sounds like this may be a good thing for XB1.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I've just realised that because of this, the chance of those four games showing up on GWG are zero.

Good job paying more money for something you should have already got, lemmings. This is why everybody hates you.

Because M$ is working with EA on this, there's even a greater chance those games will show up on GWG. They will never show up on PS+ because Sony wanted no part of this deal. We also don't know if EA are using their own servers or M$ dedicated servers to host this.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#262 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: LOL stay mad bro.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Because M$ is working with EA on this, there's even a greater chance those games will show up on GWG. They will never show up on PS+ because Sony wanted no part of this deal. We also don't know if EA are using their own servers or M$ dedicated servers to host this.

They've got more of a chance showing up on PS+ if they want any of that sweet, sweet subsidy money. Meanwhile EA games won't show up on GWG because, why should they? They can keep it in on their system and get more of the cut. Sign up for an EA Access account starting from the low, low price of $5 a month!

@Blabadon said:

@GrenadeLauncher: LOL stay mad bro.

In five years when you're struggling with 12 seperate subscriptions because everyone copied it, don't come crying to me.

LMAO who am I kidding, you'll be thanking MS and EA for "advancing the industry" or some shit.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By B4X

@GrenadeLauncher said:

che5ter666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By che5ter666
Member since 2004 • 703 Posts

I would maybe consider it it offered a wide range of EA games. As it is, no way! They should have thought of maybe a 'PlayStation NOW' kind of service for EA games, regardless of our hate for EA, there are some great EA games around.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

playing madden for $5 a month sounds better than $60 a year.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 B4X

@che5ter666 said:

I would maybe consider it it offered a wide range of EA games. As it is, no way! They should have thought of maybe a 'PlayStation NOW' kind of service for EA games, regardless of our hate for EA, there are some great EA games around.

5 dollar rentals for 4 hours?

I'll pass dude.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By B4X

@Blabadon Rumored list of games for the vault.

This year

Peggle 2

Madden 25

Battlefield 4

Fifa 14

UFC14

Titanfall

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed

NHL14

Next year

Dragon Age

Battlefield hardline

Madden 15

Fifa 15

NBA Live 15

UFC 15

Mirror's Edge 2

NHL 15

Year after that

Battlefront

Mass Effect 4

Dead Space 4

Madden 16

Fifa 16

NBA Live 16

UFC 16

NHL16

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

playing madden for $5 a month sounds better than $60 a year.

previous years game with no online play though

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

How can people bitch if all GwG and PS+ offer now are bunch of scrap indie / arcade games so far? These are first shots at AAA content in a rental subscription-based scheme in current gen.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 dino7c

@Salt_The_Fries said:

How can people bitch if all GwG and PS+ offer now are bunch of scrap indie / arcade games so far? These are first shots at AAA content in a rental subscription-based scheme in current gen.

or last years sports/shooter games

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 dino7c

@b4x said:

@Blabadon Rumored list of games for the vault.

This year

Peggle 2

Madden 25

Battlefield 4

Fifa 14

UFC14

Titanfall

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed

NHL14

Next year

Dragon Age

Battlefield hardline

Madden 15

Fifa 15

NBA Live 15

UFC 15

Mirror's Edge 2

NHL 15

Year after that

Battlefront

Mass Effect 4

Dead Space 4

Madden 16

Fifa 16

NBA Live 16

UFC 16

NHL16

NHL 14 doesn't exist, nice rumor

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@b4x said:

@Heil68Sony has also passed on MP3 support and CD playback.

There is no value in that.. Please subscribe to Sony Music. Were fucking BROKE people!!!

That is coming already as well..lol

Unlike last gen that MS never got Blu-ray support,or 7.1 sound.

@slimdogmilionar said:

That your problem them,is not gamefly problem or that there is something bad with the service.

Actually i don't have to go out to get laid bro i have a wife you know,and 30 games in a year isn't so out of this world i am sure many play much more than that.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

But isn't PSN+ and PS Now a similar service? Not saying you automatically agree to those, but this doesn't seem new to me, just EA jumping on the bandwagon.

No, they aren't similar.

How so? They sound it. You pay a similar yearly fee and gain access to games to download, yes PSN+ now offers extras on top of that. But somewhere in there they seem to share the concept.

I guess the main difference is that PSnow is streaming, while this is an actual download. Also, PSnow has you pay for individual games (for now), while access is all access pass for the games in the vault.

Honestly, while the selection is limited to EA titles, looking at the current prices, you can get 3x more games for teh same amount spent on EAaccess.

I appreciate the answer since I just didn't feel like answering once it was revealed he didn't research either after all this time. I gave the clue they weren't similar, but I guess that wasn't enough. PS+ is pretty old (years) so I'm just surprised at the confusion in 2014.

PSNow is just like renting individual games as you would streaming individual movies by renting. PS+ is an annual service where they assign you games (just as Games with Gold emulated that PS+ model, so it's not hard to understand if you owned an Xbox with Gold service). PSNow is a 'rent individual games by streaming' service. You choose a game, you choose the price, you rent it and then it goes away.

PSNow is like going to a rental store and choosing the game and paying an agreed upon rental price. What that store has on the shelves is what you can choose from and then you agree to pay for a day, 7 days, 30 days, etc. The service is ambitious with the streaming technology. There is no annual fee. Each game has it's own rental price and time. PSNow rental takes up no space on the HDD since it's streaming (other than the save for the game in the KB).

PS+ they assign you games which you download, like EA will do and much like M$ now does with Games with Gold (GwG). It's a mystery what you get for PS+ (or GwG) and every month you get something. You don't choose the games and there is an annual fee. PS+ also offers huge PS+ savings on games. Recently XBLG started a similar service very recently called Deals with Gold which also emulated the PS+ discount strategy. What you buy, you keep.

You don't need PS+ to access PSNow, you just need the internet. PSNow will eventually appear on phones and other devices as it's simply a "rent individual games service via streaming".

This EA service is closer to PS+ and GwG than it is PSNow. It resembles PS+ with discounts and downloads, I'd say, sure, but not PSNow.

You sound condescending and it's not warranted. And since it was not directed at you, you didn't need to reply in the first place.

Where is the confusion, so it's not like it, but it is? The clarity you bring...

I know it's like PS+, and you said it yourself. I also know PS Now is different, but it's a similar in that it's a digital distribution service, even if its delivery method is different. Oh and Deals with Gold isn't exactly new.

It's not condescension, what you are detecting is slight frustration that I'm going to have to break down this topic in great detail. I was hoping to avoid that which is why I simply started by saying they weren't similar so you might look them up. It's not deliberate that I was slightly frustrated, but it's there. Either way, I delivered the answer and when I instructed you that PSNow and PS+ weren't similar then your response was directed at me.

I broke it all down above despite my initial hesitation and clue that you were on the wrong track (this is the amount of typing I wanted to avoid), so if you still don't understand, I can't help you. I will try again though. I beta tested PSNow and I've been a subscriber to PS+ for years (I've been a subscriber of XBLG many years longer). I know the differences inside and out, but I'm having trouble articulating that to you. I think I've done fine, but then your responses indicate you didn't quite pick them up. You said PSNow had an annual fee and it does not. Bear in mind we are in an EA Access thread, so I'm minding that you are comparing these services to EA's new service.

I will quote you from above: "You pay asimilar yearly fee and gain access to games to download,"

PSNow has no similar yearly fee, in fact it has NO yearly fee. You don't gain any access to games to download with PSNow. You stream the games like Netflix and you pay for the game you "rent".

So, you were incorrect when you said they have a similar yearly fee and you can download games. You download with Games with Gold, you download with this new EA Access, and you will download with PS+. You do not download with PSNow.

Furthermore, EA will choose the games for EA Access. Just like M$ chooses for GwG. Just like Sony chooses the games for PS+. The CONSUMERS choose the games for PSNow. That's a HUGE difference.

Finally, EA offers discounts for ownership with EA Access. PS+ Offers discounts for PS+. Xbox Live Gold offers discounts with Deals with Gold. PSNow doesn't offer ownership, nor does it offer discounts to own the games. It's a pure renting service based on how much time you paid for.

PSNow is not like PS+ and I did not say it myself. Since you have no familiarity with recent PS products or these programs and you aren't able to discern or understand what I'm typing (you are confusing two different products), I'm afraid we will only get more aggravated with this conversation. I don't want it to be this way, but I don't see a way around it.

Deals with Gold is new. It came with the new June updates announced by Phil Spencer. However, as a longtime Xbox Live subscriber since the original Xbox I know there was Deals of the Week before that (which weren't just for Gold members, more for everyone, some were for Gold members though), but Deals with Gold is new. The concept of savings is not new, but the Deals with Gold is a new brand they are pushing with Games with Gold with modifications. Easy to remember, easy to associate, and now Gold members feel they get better value for their membership (MSRP $60 a year). They even do the comparison between price and Gold new price much like PS+ has been doing for years at Xbox.com. As a multiple console owner, it's easy to discern the changes they made June 9th were PS+ inspired. We got Games with Gold on Xbone (like PS4 had PS+ games since launch), we got no more need to have Netflix/other apps behind paywalls, Games with Gold changed so that if your membership lapses you lose the games (that was a bad change, but it allows for newer titles to go up), etc.

"Deals with Gold also launches in June and will save members money on Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome "and a few other surprises." The announcement adds that members will now have "subscription-based access" to these games; this suggests that the service will function more like Sony's PlayStation Plus program."

According to Xbox.com: "Deals with Gold. New name. New look."

So, when you said Deals with Gold was not "exactly new", you were wrong there as well as I was talking about last months update. In case you missed it, yes I am well aware of saving money for years on XBL as I have over 100+ XBLA games, but Deals with Gold is new.

That's off the topic, I just wanted to cover that bit since you seemed surprised.

When we scrutinize this new EA platform, it's nothing like PSNow and it's very much like PS+ (and Games with Gold) for that matter.

There is one other difference. EA can remove games from the your Vault. At least with PS+ and GwG, if you DL it you keep the titles in you queue.

---

tl;dr:

You were wrong. PSNow has no annual service fee. PSNow has no downloads. PSNow lets the consumer choose what games to rent. You do not own any PSNow games, they are temporary.

EA Access, PS+, and GwG have an annual service fee. They have downloads. They do NOT let the consumer choose what games they get for free (while subbed). They offer discounts to owning games. EA has the right to remove previous games from the consumers library however.

In an thread about EA Access, the only real relevant comparisons is PS+ and the PS+ inspired Games with Gold. EA Access is not like PSNow.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#275 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I had no idea I got to decide what was going to be on GWG

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

That your problem them,is not gamefly problem or that there is something bad with the service.

Actually i don't have to go out to get laid bro i have a wife you know,and 30 games in a year isn't so out of this world i am sure many play much more than that.

I never said it was gamefly's problem I said for $22 a month and me only playing 3-5 games a year it was a waste of money.

Lol what's your point I have a wife 2 but I'd rather spend time with her and my kids than try and play as many games as you do a year. If you have a wife and responsibilities how do have time to play 30 games a year. She must feel pretty neglected or maybe she's getting attention from someone else. Like I said family and fun first digital fairy world last.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 HalcyonScarlet

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

No, they aren't similar.

It's not condescension, what you are detecting is slight frustration. It's not deliberate, but it's there. Either way, I delivered the answer and when I instructed you that PSNow and PS+ weren't similar then your response was directed at me.

I broke it all down above despite my hesitation (this is the amount of typing I wanted to avoid), so if you still don't understand, I can't help you. I will try again though. I beta tested PSNow and I've been a subscriber to PS+ for years (I've been a subscriber of XBLG many years longer). You said PSNow had an annual fee and it does not.

I will quote you from above: "You pay asimilar yearly fee and gain access to games to download,"

PSNow has no similar yearly fee, in fact it has NO yearly fee. You don't gain any access to games to download with PSNow. You stream the games like Netflix and you pay for the game you "rent".

So, you were incorrect when you said they have a similar yearly fee and you can download games. You download with Games with Gold, you download with this new EA Access, and you will download with PS+. You do not download with PSNow.

Furthermore, EA will choose the games for EA Access. Just like M$ chooses for GwG. Just like Sony chooses the games for PS+. The CONSUMERS choose the games for PSNow. That's a HUGE difference.

Finally, EA offers discounts for ownership with EA Access. PS+ Offers discounts for PS+. Xbox Live Gold offers discounts with Deals with Gold. PSNow doesn't offer ownership, nor does it offer discounts to own the games. It's a pure renting service based on how much time you paid for.

PSNow is not like PS+ and I did not say it myself. Since you have no familiarity with recent PS products or these programs and you aren't able to discern or understand what I'm typing (you are confusing two different products), I'm afraid we will only get more aggravated with this conversation. I don't want it to be this way, but I don't see a way around it.

Deals with Gold is new. It came with the new June updates announced by Phil Spencer. However, as a longtime Xbox Live subscriber since the original Xbox I know there was Deals of the Week before that (which weren't just for Gold members, more for everyone, some were for Gold members though), but Deals with Gold is new. The concept of savings is not new, but the Deals with Gold is a new brand they are pushing with Games with Gold with modifications. Easy to remember, easy to associate, and now Gold members feel they get better value for their membership (MSRP $60 a year). They even do the comparison between price and Gold new price much like PS+ has been doing for years at Xbox.com. As a multiple console owner, it's easy to discern the changes they made June 9th were PS+ inspired. We got Games with Gold on Xbone (like PS4 had PS+ games since launch), we got no more need to have Netflix/other apps behind paywalls, Games with Gold changed so that if your membership lapses you lose the games (that was a bad change, but it allows for newer titles to go up), etc.

"Deals with Gold also launches in June and will save members money on Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome "and a few other surprises." The announcement adds that members will now have "subscription-based access" to these games; this suggests that the service will function more like Sony's PlayStation Plus program."

According to Xbox.com: "Deals with Gold,. New name. New look."

So, when you said Deals with Gold was not "exactly new", you were wrong there as well as I was talking about last months update. In case you missed it, yes I am well aware of saving money for years on XBL as I have over 100+ XBLA games, but Deals with Gold is new.

That's off the topic, I just wanted to cover that bit since you seemed surprised.

When we scrutinize this new EA platform, it's nothing like PSNow and it's very much like PS+ (and Games with Gold) for that matter.

There is one other difference. EA can remove games from the your Vault. At least with PS+ and GwG, if you DL it you keep the titles in you queue.

---

tl;dr:

You were wrong. PSNow has no annual service fee. PSNow has no downloads. PSNow lets the consumer choose what games to rent. You do not own any PSNow games, they are temporary.

EA Access, PS+, and GwG have an annual service fee. They have downloads. They do NOT let the consumer choose what games they get for free (while subbed). They offer discounts to owning games. EA has the right to remove previous games from the consumers library however.

In an thread about EA Access, the only real relevant comparisons is PS+ and the PS+ inspired Games with Gold. EA Access is not like PSNow.

Let's forget about PS Now, I knew that wasn't the same, it was poorly worded, I probably shouldn't have thrown in PS Now in there, but it was PSN+ I meant to focus on even though that didn't come across, that's the one that I know to be similar. PS Now I threw in there just because it's a digital service and I wanted to point in the direction that that's where the publishers want the business to go in one form or another and that it's been happening for a while now in different forms.

Deals with Gold, I thought was just new to X1, I thought I'd had it on the 360 for a while, in fact I probably am somewhat right, regardless of the "new name, new look" I'm fairly sure they have been offering exclusive to gold deals for a while on the 360.

The reason I asked about PSN+ is because I was under the impression they offered you a set amount of games to download which are yours for a set time as long as you stay subscribed, also I gather they permanently give you free games as well now. GwG is a little different, as in they just give you a couple of games and that's it.

In your first response you could have said, 'PS+ is similar, PS Now is not'. Would have saved any misunderstanding.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#278  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts
@slimdogmilionar said:

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

I never said it was gamefly's problem I said for $22 a month and me only playing 3-5 games a year it was a waste of money.

Lol what's your point I have a wife 2 but I'd rather spend time with her and my kids than try and play as many games as you do a year. If you have a wife and responsibilities how do have time to play 30 games a year. She must feel pretty neglected or maybe she's getting attention from someone else. Like I said family and fun first digital fairy world last.

I concur. I am in college now at over 40, and I need to work at it. I certainly dont play 30 games a year. I do play more than 5 though. Still, gaming is not the priority in my life. Its a hobby that I can drop if need arises.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It's not condescension, what you are detecting is slight frustration that I'm going to have to break down this topic in great detail. I was hoping to avoid that which is why I simply started by saying they weren't similar so you might look them up. It's not deliberate that I ws slightly frustrated, but it's there. Either way, I delivered the answer and when I instructed you that PSNow and PS+ weren't similar then your response was directed at me.

I broke it all down above despite my initial hesitation and clue that you were on the wrong track (this is the amount of typing I wanted to avoid), so if you still don't understand, I can't help you. I will try again though. I beta tested PSNow and I've been a subscriber to PS+ for years (I've been a subscriber of XBLG many years longer). I know the differences inside and out, but I'm having trouble articulating that to you. I think I've done fine, but then your responses indicate you didn't quite pick them up. You said PSNow had an annual fee and it does not. Bear in mind we are in an EA Access thread, so I'm minding that you are comparing these services to EA's new service.

---

tl;dr:

Let's forget about PS Now, I knew that wasn't the same, it was poorly worded, I probably shouldn't have thrown in PS Now in there, but it was PSN+ I meant to focus on even though that didn't come across, that's the one that I know to be similar. PS Now I threw in there just because it's a digital service and I wanted to point in the direction that that's where the publishers want the business to go in one form or another and that it's been happening for a while now in different forms.

Deals with Gold, I thought was just new to X1, I thought I'd had it on the 360 for a while, in fact I probably am somewhat right, regardless of the "new name, new look" I'm fairly sure they have been offering exclusive to gold deals for a while on the 360.

The reason I asked about PSN+ is because I was under the impression they offered you a set amount of games to download which are yours for a set time as long as you stay subscribed, also I gather they permanently give you free games as well now. GwG is a little different, as in they just give you a couple of games and that's it.

In your first response you could have said, 'PS+ is similar, PS Now is not'. Would have saved any misunderstanding.

Hahahaha...okay, Fair enough. My damn e-telepathy is out of order, lol. I'm glad it worked out at any rate.

Every user is different, but I do wish I had posted that, if only to see if the outcome would have been different or the same. I'm not entirely convinced it would have worked, but I wish I had typed it none-the-less. Nice chat and I'm glad that we are past the misunderstanding and continued right over the speed bump.

As far as the digital service and the direction of the industry, I agree. They are trying to entice us with buying DD as they make more money (less in production and no used games), but I will hold steadfast with my console physical purchases as long as I am able to retain my trade/lend/collect/sell/gift consumer rights. I will buy digital and give those rights up for pennies on the dollar, but not for no rinky-dink 10% that EA is throwing out. I have that same DD personal purchasing policy for my PC purchases and that's worked out for a great many years.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 HalcyonScarlet

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It's not condescension, what you are detecting is slight frustration that I'm going to have to break down this topic in great detail. I was hoping to avoid that which is why I simply started by saying they weren't similar so you might look them up. It's not deliberate that I ws slightly frustrated, but it's there. Either way, I delivered the answer and when I instructed you that PSNow and PS+ weren't similar then your response was directed at me.

---

tl;dr:

Hahahaha...okay, Fair enough. My damn e-telepathy is out of order, lol. I'm glad it worked out at any rate.

Every user is different, but I do wish I had posted that, if only to see if the outcome would have been different or the same. I'm not entirely convinced it would have worked, but I wish I had typed it none-the-less. Nice chat and I'm glad that we are past the misunderstanding and continued right over the speed bump.

As far as the digital service and the direction of the industry, I agree. They are trying to entice us with buying DD as they make more money (less in production and no used games), but I will hold steadfast with my console physical purchases as long as I am able to retain my trade/lend/collect/sell/gift consumer rights. I will buy digital and give those rights up for pennies on the dollar, but not for no rinky-dink 10% that EA is throwing out. I have that same DD personal purchasing policy for my PC purchases and that's worked out for a great many years.

:-) Sometimes I tend to relax and say less than I should when I make my points so like you [don't want to], I don't write too much. And just when I relax into that it somehow turns into a thing. Would be nice if there was some lazy emoticon which meant 'I can't be bothered to fully explain so don't take me too literally' :P. But to be fair then no one would ever say what they meant.

Anyway, yeah, I've mostly given in to the DD future on PC because the steam and Humble Bundle deals are just ridiculous and Steam wraps it up into a nice automatic console like client software. But I hesitate to pay full price on steam, because it feels weird paying £30 just to add a license to my account.

It feels like MS and Sony are strongly pulling in that direction. Games are completely installed, online has to be paid for, multiplayer requires codes, DLC. To me as much as I like free games, I feel they're just getting us used to it so they can bring us in completely. I already find myself getting nostalgic for the full physical days, something that seems mostly a Nintendo thing to an extent now.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I must say, videogame nerds arguing so vehemently with one another on internet forums over whose black box is better is wildly entertaining sometimes. :)

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Also as usual the PS4 gets nothing because the PS4 is a shitty console with no games.

Yeah, because the Xbone's gaming library is brimming with quality titles...

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I think neither this nor PS Now offer good value. PS+, Steam sales and Humble Bundle does. Of course streaming games should demand a different business model, different plans, with higher cost (more expensive fees), but not as expensive as PS Now seems to be.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#284  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

... You're talking about a broken shooter and last year's Madden dude. It's EA's attempt at getting people to pay for games that stopped selling. GwG and PS+ will each offer far more games per year than this will, the games will be more relevant, and each service offers many other features that compete favorably with 10% off EA games and such. "AAA" content will also become common on GWG and PS+ in time (look at PS3's PS+ offerings) while the AAA games for this look to be outdated versions of yearly EA crankfests. Not good.

I'm not adverse to having the option presented (WTF Sony?) and if they add games often to build a nice collection in the "Vault" I may change my personal view on the value offered. As it stands not only is it not a very good deal even at the yearly rate, but it's also funny because it's So EA.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

2 of the most greediest n worse companies joining together to butt hump they mindless drones even harder. they are killing gaming that's why we all should stand with sony who are saving gaming. real talk sony is by gamers for gamers, this shhit getting real scary if ea n m$ actually lure enough stupid lems, it could kill gaming. but with sony around they the only one in the end last one standing for gaming salvation. thank you sony for never selling out n being about gamers n gamers not like ea n m$ who all about subscriptions SWAG!!!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@GamingGod999 said:

@Blabadon said:

Would rather play Titanfall than... well what's on the PS4?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

2 of the most greediest n worse companies joining together to butt hump they mindless drones even harder. they are killing gaming that's why we all should stand with sony who are saving gaming. real talk sony is by gamers for gamers, this shhit getting real scary if ea n m$ actually lure enough stupid lems, it could kill gaming. but with sony around they the only one in the end last one standing for gaming salvation. thank you sony for never selling out n being about gamers n gamers not like ea n m$ who all about subscriptions SWAG!!!

Pretty much sums up this post.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Microsoft should soon release a new Xbox bundled SKU with a one year free subscription to EA Access. Will be a good promo. Have to do it before FIFA 2015 is released though (no chance of the SKU making it before Madden 2015 end of August release date).

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@GamingGod999 said:

@Blabadon said:

Would rather play Titanfall than... well what's on the PS4?

The Last of Us: Remastered, Infamous: Second Son, Resogun, Flower and Sound Shapes.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#291 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Why is Plants VS Zombies GW not a part of the beta? I'm afraid it will be kept full of last years games while you have to pay for the new iterations that nobady really plays anymore.

We'll see how it goes though. If handled right, I could get on board, but they would have to show me that it's worth it and that the games I want to play will be on there.