EA Access: early access is limited to 6 hours (lol)

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

What a VALUE huh @b4x..

Day 1..

6 hours.. 6 minutes, 6 years, 6 seconds, 6 decades, 6 millenniums..... >>>>>>>> No choice.

Day never....

:P

#52 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

so remember the time when ea said u will be able to play games through ea access a few days early? yep its limited to 6 hours haha enjoy sw

EA being EA, lol.

I'm actually completely indifferent, I can't remember the last time I bought an EA game...and the idea of buying digital titles (no sell/trade/collect/lend/gift games) that suck up HDD space with a tiny 10% off sounds awful.

If I was a sports gamer, I would still buy physical retail copies of the games because next year I could trade in last years edition. The games are annual afterall.

Very well said... I will use vault only if I "ever" subscribe. Once the vault gets a bigger collection of games. I might.

Head on the nail with annual sports games.

#53 Posted by SolidTy (49937 posts) -

@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

so remember the time when ea said u will be able to play games through ea access a few days early? yep its limited to 6 hours haha enjoy sw

EA being EA, lol.

I'm actually completely indifferent, I can't remember the last time I bought an EA game...and the idea of buying digital titles (no sell/trade/collect/lend/gift games) that suck up HDD space with a tiny 10% off sounds awful.

If I was a sports gamer, I would still buy physical retail copies of the games because next year I could trade in last years edition. The games are annual afterall.

Very well said... I will use vault only if I "ever" subscribe. Once the vault gets a bigger collection of games. I might.

Yeah, the vault would be the what I have my eye on as well.

#54 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@SolidTy: 10% off is meager too. I can wait a week for the $49.99 inevitable Amazon sale and get the actual trade-in value of the hard copy.

They are going to have to go way better than 10% to lure me in.

#55 Posted by darkangel115 (4158 posts) -

@b4x said:

@SolidTy: 10% off is meager too. I can wait a week for the $49.99 inevitable Amazon sale and get the actual trade-in value of the hard copy.

well some people (like myself) never traded in games and now only buy digital. every PS4/X1 game i own is digital. for 30 a year you get access to the vault (which is pretty thin right now but will grow) and downloaded not streamed, as well as 10% off everything EA (games, DLC, etc) and you get to play every new game a week early for 6 hours of playtime to decide if you want to purchase it. and you keep your progress. Basically never buy another bad EA game again. also you can "wait out" games until they hit the vault. For instance DA:I is coming in October. I can play it 6 hours and decide if i want to buy it before it releases, if i choose to buy its cheaper (even if you buy a month) and If i don't i can get it later in the vault

#56 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@b4x said:

well some people (like myself) never traded in games and now only buy digital. every PS4/X1 game i own is digital. for 30 a year you get access to the vault (which is pretty thin right now but will grow) and downloaded not streamed, as well as 10% off everything EA (games, DLC, etc) and you get to play every new game a week early for 6 hours of playtime to decide if you want to purchase it. and you keep your progress. Basically never buy another bad EA game again. also you can "wait out" games until they hit the vault. For instance DA:I is coming in October. I can play it 6 hours and decide if i want to buy it before it releases, if i choose to buy its cheaper (even if you buy a month) and If i don't i can get it later in the vault

Only bitter fanboys are saying there is no value. I know there is value. :p

That is just my approach towards the service. 2.50 a month is not to shabby.

Since it was only rumored to be 2 hours of gameplay... wouldn't this thread be considered a back-fire at 6 hours?

Getting to play all EA games 6 hours, 5 days before retail release seems like a good thing?

/smh

#57 Posted by speedfog (4512 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

And so many people were on here like "EA, take my money!"

LOL!!

Who? Quote them. Do it.

#58 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

Cows might want to hide for 5 days to avoid spoilers of EA games.

Do Sony only fanboys find value in spoilers? They're coming to an internet near you soon. :p

#59 Edited by SolidTy (49937 posts) -

@b4x said:

This is exactly right and spoken like someone that has been paying attention to pricing of retail console games for years.10% is incredibly meager. It's an especially terrible deal even if it was a physical retail game, but it's a console DD game. 20% wouldn't be great either and I've seen deals for DD games if you pre-order you get 20% off the price and I skipped out on that as it wasn't cheap enough to lose out on the consumer features that come with physical retail copies. There's always a better deal when dealing with console DD games that you can't sell/trade/gift/lend/collect, etc.

I notice this myself all the time. Monetarily speaking, there is absolutely zero incentive for me (and fellow gamers) to go console digital when it's cheaper to go physical, the physical copies retain a monetary value, I can lend/trade/gift/sell/collect/sell those games. Console DD pricing is such a rip off as well. The companies save money on printing materials, disc space, shipping...and still have tha audacity to charge the full price. I guess what's worse is gamers that are paying those high prices. As you pointed out, you can wait for the inevitable $50 price point on the $60 launch game (or lower depending on how long you want to wait which always happens), especially with sports games, and then you can later trade that annualized sports game in.

Honestly, not many gamers even want to play their super old DD copy of Madden 2015 in the future like 2019 and beyond. They are too busy playing Madden 2020. Having that game take up unnecessary DL queue space for a game you could have at least traded in or gifted had you not bought it at a high DD price. I am a game collector as well, but even the annualized games on select franchises I'm very careful in those purchases as they retain little value as retailers expect the next game in one short year.

Mega corporations just LOVE DD. These giant companies gain so much in selling a DD copy and give so little in return. These corporations are preying on the myopic nature of select gamers that just want convenience, many of who haven't considered what the ramifications of supporting console full price DD really means to the future of the industry. Hint: It's not pretty for consumers. I'm just glad there is an option not to support the console DD initiative by supporting physical console retail copies.

#60 Posted by nutcrackr (13027 posts) -

cod kids will go crazy over 6 hrs, prestige and all that shit

#61 Posted by darkangel115 (4158 posts) -

@b4x said:

@darkangel115 said:

@b4x said:

Only bitter fanboys are saying there is no value. I know there is value. :p

That is just my approach towards the service. 2.50 a month is not to shabby.

Since it was only rumored to be 2 hours of gameplay... wouldn't this thread be considered a back-fire at 6 hours?

Getting to play all EA games 6 hours, 5 days before retail release seems like a good thing?

/smh

Yup i look forward to trying out the new dragon age early and seeing if i want it right away or if i want to wait for it to be in the vault

#62 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@b4x said:

This is exactly right and spoken like someone that has been paying attention to pricing of retail console games for years.10$ is incredibly meager. 20% wouldn't be great either and I've seen deals for DD games if you pre-order you get 20% off the price and I skipped out on that. There's always a better deal when dealing with console DD games that you can't sell/trade/gift/lend/collect, etc.

I notice this myself all the time. Monetarily speaking, there is absolutely zero incentive for me (and fellow gamers) to go console digital when it's cheaper to go physical, the physical copies retain a monetary value, I can lend/trade/gift/sell/collect/sell those games. Console DD pricing is such a rip off as well. The companies save money on printing materials, disc space, shipping...and still have tha audacity to charge the full price. I guess what's worse is gamers that are paying those high prices. As you pointed out, you can wait for the inevitable $50 price point on the $60 launch game (or lower depending on how long you want to wait which always happens), especially with sports games, and then you can later trade that annualized sports game in.

Honestly, not many gamers even want to play their super old DD copy of Madden 2015 in the future like 2019 and beyond. They are too busy playing Madden 2020. Having that game take up unnecessary DL queue space for a game you could have at least traded in or gifted had you not bought it at a high DD price. I am a game collector as well, but even the annualized games on select franchises I'm very careful in those purchases as they retain little value as retailers expect the next game in one short year.

Mega corporations just LOVE DD. These giant companies gain so much in selling a DD copy and give so little in return. These corporations are preying on the myopic nature of select gamers that just want convenience, many of who haven't considered what the ramifications of supporting console full price DD really means to the future of the industry. Hint: It's not pretty for consumers. I'm just glad there is an option not to support the console DD initiative by supporting physical console retail copies.

The value for DD is non-existent to me. The convenience is there for some. Hot swapping games and what not. They are charging retail for games that we have to use our bandwidth / power / and time to download. There is zero incentive for me to go this route. At all.

It is zero benefit to go DD at this point for me. Games prices holding retail value on consoles for such a long period of time also?

These are some things that might change my mind on DD games other than sports titles.

1) All future DLC is included free with DD purchase.

2) $49.99 DD starting price on all DD games that are MSRP $59.99 retail.

3) In game Bonus pre-order items similar to store incentives.

Those are a couple of things that I think would offer value to the game that "MIGHT" switch me full DD.

As the model stands right now on consoles. I have to just tell these companies this.

Plankton: "I'm fixing to take over the world!!!"

SpongeBob Squarepants: "Well..Good luck with that."

Plankton: "Stupid kid."

EDIT: Cleaned up the post a little.

#63 Edited by Shewgenja (16801 posts) -

@b4x said:

Do Sony only fanboys find value in spoilers? They're coming to an internet near you soon. :p

Show me a herm that's on board with this. Always so quick to throw cows under the bus while avoiding the fact that no other platforms fans are on-board with this shit. This is a lemming phenomenon that isolates you guys from the rest of gaming. Cool story bro.

#64 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

Show me a herm that's on board with this. Always so quick to throw cows under the bus while avoiding the fact that no other platforms fans are on-board with this shit. This is a lemming phenomenon that isolates you guys from the rest of gaming. Cool story bro.

For you... your complaints might be you're a cow that bashes anything Microsoft? Why even comment about it? You don't want it? It has ZERO effect on you. Sony put the block down for you. Don't worry be happy. Sony has it all worked out for you cows. They have your back. They know what's best.

That was HONEST advice. There will be spoilers flying. Defensive much?

"Shewgenja blanket statements about gamers for the block..... Bob."

Your opinion on anything Microsoft related isn't worth reading? You do know this, no need in me telling you?

#65 Posted by dino7c (462 posts) -

so you are gonna download and install a 40 GB game for six hours of access even though you might not buy it? I would rather have a free demo

#66 Posted by Shewgenja (16801 posts) -

@b4x said:

For you... your complaints might be you're a cow that bashes anything Microsoft? Why even comment about it? You don't want it? It has ZERO effect on you. Sony put the block down for you. Don't worry be happy. Sony has it all worked out for you cows. They have your back. They know what's best.

That was HONEST advice. There will be spoilers flying. Defensive much?

"Shewgenja blanket statements about gamers for the block..... Bob."

Your opinion on anything Microsoft related isn't worth reading? You do know this, no need in me telling you?

Ah, okay. Everyone who doesn't like XBox is a Cow. We get it.

#67 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28850 posts) -

*Coughs* PS+ 50 dollars a year for 60 minute gameplay demos offering you very little time except to play a tutorial after the product is released *coughs*

*coughs* I was already almost screwed by these demos the 60 minute demo for bioshock infinite made it impossible for me to download the ps plus free version of the game they had to go into my account and remove the demo download *coughs*

#68 Edited by SolidTy (49937 posts) -

WilliamRLBaker said:

*Coughs* PS+ 50 dollars a year for 60 minute gameplay demos offering you very little time except to play a tutorial after the product is released *coughs*

*coughs* I was already almost screwed by these demos the 60 minute demo for bioshock infinite made it impossible for me to download the ps plus free version of the game they had to go into my account and remove the demo download *coughs*

Here, let me help you out with that. I checked my medicine cabinet and I got two flavors:

#69 Posted by Heil68 (56786 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@b4x said:

@SolidTy said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

EA being EA, lol.

Yeah, the vault would be the what I have my eye on as well.

Unless pf course EA decides to pull out games at will or not put new games in till 8 months later

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#70 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4310 posts) -

If this is a success you can bet your ass Ubisoft and Activision will follow.

#71 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

If this is a success you can bet your ass Ubisoft and Activision will follow.

Sony: "**** that! Stream our old games please!!"

#72 Posted by Wiiboxstation (1019 posts) -

I signed up to ea access yesterday. I got 5 full games and a chance to play fifa 15 early. I don't see how Sony can say there is no value to this. It's already more worth while than the garbage on PlayStation plus since the ps4 has been released and it costs less.

#73 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

I've also signed up yesterday / the other day but I've played NHL instead. I can tell how this trial thing works. During those 5 days you have 6 hours worth of gameplay, with time deducted after the ending of each gameplay session. For 5 bucks I've realized how garbage BF4 is but also came to the conclusion that NFS Rivals is pretty decent. Otherwise I wouldn't get those games or get to play them. In Poland whole year in advance costs 25 bucks btw.

#74 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Of course games from the Vault like BF, Rivals, etc. are full unlimited versions. And trials can be played at any time during those 5 days before the release, it's not 6 hours after you've installed them.