EA Access: early access is limited to 6 hours (lol)

• 72 results
#1 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3898 posts) -

so remember the time when ea said u will be able to play games through ea access a few days early? yep its limited to 6 hours haha enjoy sw

#2 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

Pretty sure they always said it was only for a limited amount of time during those 5 days

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

Okay, I'm not exactly entitled to more. It's still a pretty cool feature.

#4 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Pretty sure they always said it was only for a limited amount of time during those 5 days

yeah the original plan said you can play it 5 days early for up to 2 hours of gametime. now they extended to 6. Sounds good to me. Basically you'll never buy another bad EA games because of this. 6 hours is more then enough time to let you know if you want to purchase it or not

#5 Posted by edwardecl (2121 posts) -

I take it you don't have to buy the game to get those 6 hours right?

#7 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

I take it you don't have to buy the game to get those 6 hours right?

it's part of EA Access

#8 Posted by edwardecl (2121 posts) -

@lostrib: I get that part, so you get to play all new EA games for 6 hours with EA Access for the 7 days before the release date without purchasing the game itself?

If so that's good for reviewers at least.

#9 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3014 posts) -

Wasn't it 2 hours before?

#10 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3898 posts) -

@lostrib said:

sssshhhhhh always spoil all the fun

#11 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8108 posts) -

I don't understand why everybody keeps talking about how greedy EA is, then proceeds to be all intrigued by EA Access. You are just pushing them on.

#12 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

@lostrib: I get that part, so you get to play all new EA games for 6 hours with EA Access for the 7 days before the release date without purchasing the game itself?

5 days. But yes. And then if you choose to purchase the game your progress carries over

#13 Posted by General_Solo76 (174 posts) -

Probably just the mp portion of the games I would imagine. You could probably beat the sp campaign in games like Battlefield in 6 hours, so I'm guessing you wouldn't have access to those.

#14 Posted by edwardecl (2121 posts) -

I'm just trying to work out what the fuck they are selling.

#15 Posted by Shewgenja (8469 posts) -

And so many people were on here like "EA, take my money!"

LOL!!

#16 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

Wait so is it 6 hours period, even if you buy the game? Or if you buy the game you get it unlimited for those 5 days?

#17 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6990 posts) -

How so? Shouldn't a reviewer be expected to complete the game before writing a review?

#18 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

Probably just the mp portion of the games I would imagine. You could probably beat the sp campaign in games like Battlefield in 6 hours, so I'm guessing you wouldn't have access to those.

it will depend on each game

#19 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

@lostrib said:

sssshhhhhh always spoil all the fun

What's the issue?

#20 Posted by stereointegrity (10701 posts) -

I hope no one pays for this... Lems please don't do this and let the industry follow

#21 Posted by Heil68 (43484 posts) -

What a VALUE huh @b4x..

Day 1..

#22 Edited by Gue1 (9503 posts) -

and there you have it folks. The "next gen" way to scam people.

#23 Posted by xxyetixx (1260 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: That's awesome, so I can play Star Wars Battlefront, BF:Hardline for 6 hours 5 days before it's released, damn I thought it was only 2 hours, ea access keeps getting better and better, can't wait until they add more games to the vault!!

Best value on a console!

#24 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -

That's pretty awesome. I rarely play the same game for more than 6 hours before I quit it anyways unless I like the mutliplayer.

#25 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11117 posts) -

@Gue1: Please explain how this is a scam.

#26 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

they arent selling you anything, its just a a fancy convoluted unnecessary subscription to get more money out of you while fooling you like you are gonna get exclusive worth while content

#27 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -

So u get 6 hours of playtime 5 days before official release? And only pay 30 dollars for the year? That sounds awesome. Or do I have it wrong?

#28 Posted by edwardecl (2121 posts) -

Maybe what EA should have done instead it make all the DLC part of EA access.

#29 Posted by xxyetixx (1260 posts) -

So many people all bent outta shape about EA access. I knew I was going to purchase a next gen console and like many people I know I passéd up on some games towards the end and went with my new system and didn't purchase all the games and 2 of those games were Battlefield 4 and Madden 25, I got those 2 games for $30. I also got Fifa 14 a game I have never played before but would give it a shot, as well as Peggle 2. You get 10% off digital purchases including DLC, you get access to EA games 5 days before release for apparently 6 hours, and the vault is going to continue to grow. I hope more publishers do this!

#30 Edited by edwardecl (2121 posts) -

But the second question to all this, what happens after the game is released... do you still get to play it for 6 hours if you didn't play it before?

#31 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70722 posts) -

yeah, awesome value guys...

#32 Posted by OniLordAsmodeus (61 posts) -

Reminds me of Nintendo...only dumber.

#33 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

if you buy the game will you be able to play it unlimited, no one has answered my question.

#34 Posted by Legend002 (7029 posts) -

Sony was sure right about the value.

#35 Posted by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

just give me a demo. I can play that for 6 hours.

#36 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -

I don't get the negative response. 6 hours of gameplay 5 days before release sounds awesome. Not to mention the vault of games. Its 6 hours in only 5 days that's plenty of time. damn how many hours do u play games in just 5 days? Plus it's the full game not just a demo.

Is this just for madden or all ea games that come out?

#37 Posted by intotheminx (597 posts) -

It's actually not a bad idea at all, but the cool thing to do is to hate on EA because of misguided steps in the past.

#38 Posted by Gue1 (9503 posts) -

they are making you pay for demos.

#39 Posted by RR360DD (11618 posts) -

I don't understand how a 6 hour demo can be seen as a negative. Especially as it seems to be 6 hours with the full game

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (39211 posts) -

No, thanks.

#41 Posted by Krelian-co (10406 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

What a VALUE huh @b4x..

Day 1..

BU BU BU TEH VALUE!!!!! Full new games!

#42 Edited by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@Blabadon: Okay, I'm not exactly entitled to more. It's still a pretty cool feature.

Dude we play games AND post on a gaming forum......... we are entitled. it beats playing far cry 4 with a friend for like an hour. Because that's value.

#43 Edited by humanistpotato (352 posts) -

If i was going to pay 5USD a month for trials of a developer, i woulndt choose EA but i dont have a XOne anyway but its a cool thing if you are a fan

#44 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

I don't understand how a 6 hour demo can be seen as a negative. Especially as it seems to be 6 hours with the full game

It's not necessarily always going to be the full game.

#45 Edited by lostrib (34611 posts) -

@Blabadon: Okay, I'm not exactly entitled to more. It's still a pretty cool feature.

Dude we play games AND post on a gaming forum......... we are entitled. it beats playing far cry 4 with a friend for like an hour. Because that's value.

I don't think share play is an added cost, beyond what you already pay for online

#46 Posted by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

@lostrib: good point, I am buzzed so......... oh BS I'm stupid without 6 beers. If and when EA access gets more games available, then I will reassess $30/year to play games they published on my backlog.

#47 Posted by Motokid6 (5276 posts) -

Think EAs going for worst company three years in a row?

#48 Posted by MrFreehuggs (92 posts) -

It seems like people think that the idea behind purchasing EA Access is for demos. If that's all it was it would be awful. The Access comes with unlimited access to multiple full games that would cost $80 total otherwise. I'm confused why throwing 6 hours of free gameplay on top of the already free games is bad.

#49 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16129 posts) -

6 hours is a lot of gameplay actually...

#50 Edited by SolidTy (42463 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

so remember the time when ea said u will be able to play games through ea access a few days early? yep its limited to 6 hours haha enjoy sw

EA being EA, lol.

I'm actually completely indifferent, I can't remember the last time I bought an EA game...and the idea of buying digital titles (no sell/trade/collect/lend/gift games) that suck up HDD space with a tiny 10% off sounds awful.

If I was a sports gamer, I would still buy physical retail copies of the games because next year I could trade in last years edition. The games are annual afterall.