E3 DISCUSSION Thread (56k warning) **New Poll! - Who Really Won E3 this year?**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

Previous Poll:

998410-I3E1SWC.png

HEAD.png

bannerlarge2-1.png

divider.png

intro3.png

link2.pnglink2-1.png

divider.png

bannere3schedule.png

timesfin.png

e3showfloor.png

map-gif.gif

MAPTEXT.png

emblems.png

outro-1.png

Divider.png

microconf.png

STANDING BY

e3conf.png

STANDING BY

ubisoftconf.png

STANDING BY

sonyconf2.png

STANDING BY

nintbannertemplateorg-2.png

STANDING BY

bannerVOXPOP.png

994092-J4FEA9L.png

divider.png

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D4W1L4H

It has been open

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Wii-U conference was awesome. Tuesday cannot come fast enough.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

MY BODY IS READY TO JUMP BEYONNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blabadon

I made the OP! :oops:

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#6 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Terrible OP.

Anyway the only thing I'm remotely hyped for is the possibility of GTAV info/release date.

That and The Last of Us/Halo 4, but I have to sit through their companies sh*tty conferences for that so....

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D4W1L4H

Terrible OP.

Anyway the only thing I'm remotely hyped for is the possibility of GTAV info/release date.

That and The Last of Us/Halo 4, but I have to sit through their companies sh*tty conferences for that so....

Slashless

Someone's mad they didn't get into the vox pop...

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#8 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

inb4 "Wahh Nintendo has a normal controller, they're copying!"

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts
Miiverse people, makes XBL and PSN look so 2004.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

j hope they bring that butthurt argument about the controller looking like an xbox controller here.

naw but for real im excited to see the gears game,last of us, sony smash bros, possibly next gen news

possible news on super smash bros? hopefully? reggie? PLEASSE?

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Oooohhh, look at the pretty graphics

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

me gusta

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Slashless

D4W1L4H

6-3-look.gif

I don't even remember voicing an opinion on it.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

I will hopefully be able to see Nintendo and Sony's conferences, I don't think Microsoft will be worth watching this year.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

j hope they bring that butthurt argument about the controller looking like an xbox controller here.

naw but for real im excited to see the gears game,last of us, sony smash bros, possibly next gen news

possible news on super smash bros? hopefully? reggie? PLEASSE?

eboyishere
Smash Bros. probably started development about a month ago. Any news would be "It's coming sometime this decade".
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 D4W1L4H

[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

Slashless

6-3-look.gif

I don't even remember voicing an opinion on it.

oohhh, don't worry I'll put you in.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Slashless

oohhh, don't worry I'll put you in.

D4W1L4H

5-31-12.gif.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Is PC always left out in E3?

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

imagine the amount of gifs that will be created in the next few days :lol:

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blabadon

flashn00b
Ubisoft and EA announce games for the PC.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

flashn00b

Developers have to bring that news themselves.

Not like it matters, since PC is dominating exclusives this year and next.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

eboyishere

Can't wait for the MS E3 =p gonna have so many gifs.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 painguy1

eboyishere

mother of god

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I am dissapointed in the sheepish backtracking by Nintendo on their controller by announcing the pro version. The tablet controller was the one big feature of the Wii-U, and now they offer a controller just like the others (looks alot like the 360 one).

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 painguy1

i probably shouldn't do this because of the chaos it will start, but i will anyway. YOUTUBE SCREENIES!

tlTwu.jpg

QT7I8.jpg

BqlTR.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Where is that video?

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I'm not expecting too much from Microsoft, seeing that they lost Bungie and sacked Ensemble Studios years ago.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PatchMaster

I am dissapointed in the sheepish backtracking by Nintendo on their controller by announcing the pro version. The tablet controller was the one big feature of the Wii-U, and now they offer a controller just like the others (looks alot like the 360 one).

OB-47

Uhhh, this changes nothing other than that they'll now get more third party support. You'll still see all the first party games using the Wii U pad.

DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

Dat pre-E3 conference...

So excited now! Now we can expect just game after game for the actual conference. Why doesn't Microsoft do that to get their social media crap out of the way?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

OB-47

Me too. It's like they have no confidence in their own one being good that they have to offer a regular joypad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

PatchMaster

Uhhh, this changes nothing other than that they'll now get more third party support. You'll still see all the first party games using the Wii U pad.

Well that's worrying to me. Now we'll see more developers simply use the pro version controller instead of the tablet, which looks like the only really special thing to me about the whole console

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PatchMaster

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Well that's worrying to me. Now we'll see more developers simply use the pro version controller instead of the tablet, which looks like the only really special thing to me about the whole console

Did you honestly think we'd see more than a few third party games fully utilizing the touch screen anyway?

It's no different than the motion controls on Wii or the dual screens on DS. Abstaining from an orthodox control wouldn't really force or even persuade publishers to utilize the pad's potential.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Slashless

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

It was either

-Little third party support, little use of the Wii-U Tablet.

-Full third party support, little use of the Wii-U tablet.

If a dev wants to implement the Tablet into the game they have that option. If the dev doesn't want to deal wwith the tablet, they have the option not to yet still release their game on the platform.

We saw how forcing a third party dev to deal with inferior tech/Motion control worked for the Wii. Now devs have an option.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

PatchMaster

Did you honestly think we'd see more than a few third party games fully utilizing the touch screen anyway?

It's no different than the motion controls on Wii or the dual screens on DS. Abstaining from an orthodox control wouldn't really force or even persuade publishers to utilize the pad's potential.

I had a problem with that as well on the Wii. Why have it in traditional control methods, when other platforms such as the Xbox 360 and PS3 did traditional controls much better than the Wii and with much better graphics?

It's the same with the Wii-U, why should developers bother on Nintendo's console with a traditional control scheme when Microsoft and Sony do those so much better, as well as a renowned reputation of supporting 3rd party devs better than Nintendo?

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blake135

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

PatchMaster

Whats the point of the WiiU then ? Obviously for its Nintendo exclusives and now stronger third party support but if its *gimmick* or the reason Nintendo is pushing its controller is simply not taken seriously by developers then that worries me. Im hoping the WiiU pad is used more then just a *Map* or *Inventory* in games with the developers actually trying to do something interesting with it. Its like the 3DS, the most fun I had out of it was with the AR Cards and Inbuilt mini games, yet all 3DS games are just pretty smoke and mirrors and don't take advantage of the 3D.

Burnt_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Burnt_Brains
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Terrible OP.

D4W1L4H

Sorry to burst your bubble but they're not showing GTA V at E3.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PatchMaster

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

OB-47

I had a problem with that as well on the Wii. Why have it in traditional control methods, when other platforms such as the Xbox 360 and PS3 did traditional controls much better than the Wii and with much better graphics?

It's the same with the Wii-U, why should developers bother on Nintendo's console with a traditional control scheme when Microsoft and Sony do those so much better, as well as a renowned reputation of supporting 3rd party devs better than Nintendo?

How do Microsoft and Sony do traditional controls better? And what do you mean by supporting third party devs better? Most problems between Nintendo and other publishers stem from the publishers being afraid there games will be over-shadowed by Nintendo games.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 D4W1L4H

[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Terrible OP.

Burnt_Brains

Sorry to burst your bubble but they're not showing GTA V at E3.

...ok.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PatchMaster

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Blake135

Whats the point of the WiiU then ? Obviously for its Nintendo exclusives and now stronger third party support but if its *gimmick* or the reason Nintendo is pushing its controller is simply not taken seriously by developers then that worries me. Im hoping the WiiU pad is used more then just a *Map* or *Inventory* in games with the developers actually trying to do something interesting with it. Its like the 3DS, the most fun I had out of it was with the AR Cards and Inbuilt mini games, yet all 3DS games are just pretty smoke and mirrors and don't take advantage of the 3D.

I dunno. What was the point of the Wii or the DS? I'd say to make money ...which they did.

And why wouldn't the tablet be taken seriously by publishers? It's not going anywhere. It's not like it's some tacked on peripheral that will be discontinued if it's not a hit. The thing is here to stay. It is entirely in publishers hands whether they utilize it or not. The classic controller doesn't change that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

PatchMaster

How do Microsoft and Sony do traditional controls better? And what do you mean by supporting third party devs better? Most problems between Nintendo and other publishers stem from the publishers being afraid there games will be over-shadowed by Nintendo games.

What I meant to say is, Ms and Sony already do traditional control methods and powerful consoles. Nintendo is now known for it's different control methods and innovation in that sector. If the company doesn't have enough confidence in their control method that it places it as their sole one, then what does the Wii-U have over the others? Surely the next consoles from MS and Sony will be of equal if not more power to that of Nintendo's

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Of course the Wii U version of PS3/360/Wii U multiplats will be compatible with a standard DA controller, doesn't that make sense to you? Some games will probably still have significant tablet enhanced features. We already heard some new ideas about Ghost Recon Online and we saw some Wii U exclusive stuff in the Rayman Legends leak.

Other 3rd party titles that are exclusive to Wii U such as Killer Freaks will be made for the GamePad from the ground up (SP) and you'll use wiimotes/pro controller for local multiplayer.

As for PS4/Xbox3/Wii U multiplats, let's not jump to conclusions. I think they will all be tablet based and that changes everything.

1st party Wii U games will primarily use the GamePad, as well as Wiimotes when deemed necessary.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

There is a logical explanation for everything if you think it through, however I agree the whole situation regarding the controllers is messy.

But it does offer the best solution for Nintendo. This way Zelda and Wii Sports can still be Wii Remote Plus based, since everyone and their mom owns a Wiimote. While utilizing the GamePad's new features in unique new ways. While having Pro Controllers for core gamers to play their multiplats with. It's brilliant really

lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

nonspecificactionfigure-1.jpg

Nintendo has it this year I say.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Blake135

nonspecificactionfigure-1.jpg

Nintendo has it this year I say.

lulmont

Yeah no doubt they are going out guns blazing, going to be a amazing E3 from Nintendo.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I wondr who will win their E3 conferences on my BDay.I predict sony will win and MS will do a bit better then last year.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
Sweet, I'm in the OP. And I stand by what I said. :P
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Fuark. E3 in less than 12 hours.

My body isnt ready. :o

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

Fuark. E3 in less than 12 hours.

My body isnt ready. :o

StrongDeadlift
You better get yer sh*t together son! I need you cocked and locked by 0900 hours tomorrow! DO YOU GET ME, SOLDIER?
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Nintendo will have the best one and I will watch Sony's too.

MS will probably have another horrible showing.