E3 2014: Nintendo Digital Event Thread

#702 Edited by drummerdave9099 (890 posts) -

@charizard1605 could you keep updating this as Nintendo reveals more content and games?

#703 Posted by freedomfreak (43545 posts) -

The little touches in Bayonetta were nice.

#704 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6634 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

Zelda Williams came onto the Smash Invintational with Majoras Mask

I think so

#705 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26256 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Imma drop in and say FUCK YES to that Zelda trailer, it's what I've been ACHING to see for nearly a goddam decade now (since 2006, when Oblivion made Twilight Princess feel dated to me).

Also let me say suck my fat one to every jive ass sheep who kept defending the lame linearity and crappy worlds of the Wii Zeldas as if they were "real game design" and the huge open next gen worlds of Elder Scrolls weren't. Fuck all y'all :P

Why are you comparing two completely different games that aren't even in the same genre?

@seanmcloughlin said:

So for the event tonight people are thinking heavily that it's a 3DS Majora's Mask remake right? I was just on GAF briefly today and say talk of it

Only because of all the teasing they've been doing for it lately.

#706 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

So for the event tonight people are thinking heavily that it's a 3DS Majora's Mask remake right? I was just on GAF briefly today and say talk of it

That or Metroid, and I hope it the latter or a new game. MM 3D would be nice, but I don't really want this reveal to end up being a remake.:/

#707 Posted by Mario1331 (8844 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Imma drop in and say FUCK YES to that Zelda trailer, it's what I've been ACHING to see for nearly a goddam decade now (since 2006, when Oblivion made Twilight Princess feel dated to me).

Also let me say suck my fat one to every jive ass sheep who kept defending the lame linearity and crappy worlds of the Wii Zeldas as if they were "real game design" and the huge open next gen worlds of Elder Scrolls weren't. Fuck all y'all :P

they were still good games and the best of their kind. its fine if you didn't like it but doesn't mean they weren't of high quality.

on another note how funny is it that nintendo had the best conference LOL

#708 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

I hope that's the case... or maybe the long awaited return to sidescrolling Metroid.

#709 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

It's gonna be MM3D.

#711 Posted by princeofshapeir (15202 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

I doubt they'd devote 90 minutes and a lot of hype to talking about a Majora's Mask remake.

My predictions:

• New Metroid on 3DS, Ridley announced for SSB4, or
  • New F-Zero on 3DS, Captain Falcon confirmed for SSB4
#712 Posted by darkspineslayer (20439 posts) -

So Mario Maker just looks evil. It will be exciting to see how far a wider community will take it, but given that people have been creating custom levels on anything older than Super Mario 64 for years now, it's not really new.

Treehouse is showing Mario Party 10 now, looks terrible. It's not Mario Party if you haven't lost at least one friend by the end of a board. get that co-op crap out of here.

#713 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

So Mario Maker just looks evil. It will be exciting to see how far a wider community will take it, but given that people have been creating custom levels on anything older than Super Mario 64 for years now, it's not really new.

Treehouse is showing Mario Party 10 now, looks terrible. It's not Mario Party if you haven't lost at least one friend by the end of a board. get that co-op crap out of here.

Is it gonna have online?

Oh wait...this is Nintendo we're talking about.

#714 Posted by darkspineslayer (20439 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Is it gonna have online?

Oh wait...this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Mario Party 10 should never touch your disk tray, so i think your safe.

#715 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

lets triforce motherfuckers

▲▲

EDIT: god fucking dammit...

#716 Posted by trugs26 (5949 posts) -

@Cheleman: Do you mean failforce?

#718 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (1026 posts) -

Looks like a new IP for the 3DS! I hope...

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-3ds-game-reveal-from-nintendo-original-ip-live-blog/

#719 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (26401 posts) -

I can not wait for October.

I need my Bayonettas

#720 Posted by GeekInkINC (206 posts) -

I'm happy they held that Smash Bros tournament. Makes my decision to skip WiiU easier.

#721 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Treehouse just said it was a new IP.:o Ooooh hope it good.

#722 Posted by darkspineslayer (20439 posts) -

anybody got a link for that roundtable?

Apparently new IP confirmed.

#723 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26401 posts) -

Live Blogs.

http://live.polygon.com/nintendo-3ds-miyamoto-event-e3-2014/

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/37686/3ds-game-developer-discussion

Someone on Gaf said it has to be Project S.T.E.A.M.

I completely forgot about that.

#724 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26256 posts) -

Project STEAM is a steampunk game. Huh...

#725 Edited by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

STEAMPUNK, SWEEEEEEEEET! a turn based strategy with elements of action, hm.

#726 Posted by jg4xchamp (50460 posts) -

oh my god the new startegy game for the 3DS is taking its ideas from Valkyria Chronicles.

OH MY GOD...and it's a new IP. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#727 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3553 posts) -

*turn based strategy action game elements in a third person shooter*

Nintendo is basically making Valkyria Chronicles for the 3DS

*faints*

#728 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

A steampunk Valkyria Chronicles from Nintendo, gg.

#730 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26401 posts) -

So it WAS S.T.E.A.M and it's an intelligent systems game? (Fire Emblem & Advance Wars) so it must be awesome

#731 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3553 posts) -

@TheGuardian03: 3DS exclusive

#732 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

damn why not Wii U? did they say anything about that?

WiiU got load of stuff from E3, 3DS need some more love.:P WiiU might still be getting that Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei game.

#733 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22641 posts) -

Day two and we're still getting surprises?

Yeah nintendo killed it this year

#734 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (1026 posts) -

This sounds great, but where is my MM3D Nintendo? The 3DS needs some more love.

#735 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26256 posts) -
@Wanderer5 said:

WiiU might still be getting that Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei game.

We're never getting news for this are we? There's still a day left but I highly doubt we'll hear anything this year.

#736 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3553 posts) -

So basically Nintendo is making Valkyria Chronicles, they win E3

#737 Posted by hotdiddykong (2049 posts) -

New IP from Intelligent Systems

Codename: Steam

For 3DS

Its really hard to explain, they will show more tommorrow with actual gameplay, Steampunk themed, guns, strategy, RPG, third person, crazy american eagle strike, a lion names Lion, and other stuff.

Though im anticipating GS to completely ignore it, hopefully not.

#738 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11647 posts) -

Good 'ol Abe Lincoln.

#739 Edited by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Pictures!

#740 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26256 posts) -

"Q: Has this impacted development on the FExSMT game. A: nonononono. They are on schedule."

Better than nothing.

#741 Posted by Technoweirdo (7338 posts) -

On the music, which is being done by the guy who did Advance Wars': Most of the arrangements use a stringy part, inspired by 19th century music, the heavy metal is inspired by the machinery

Ohmanohmanohman, I NEED THIS NOW

#742 Edited by darkspineslayer (20439 posts) -

the whole Intelligent systems TBS and new IP thing does take a lot of the sting away from having my Metroid Dread pipe dream once again destroyed.

just end the show with Mother 3 on Wii U VC or Mario Kart 8 track DLC, and best E3 ever.

#743 Posted by Seabas989 (11039 posts) -

I leave work and apparently Intelligent Systems are making a new IP and better yet it's a strategy game/

That's it Nintendo won E3.

#744 Posted by Seabas989 (11039 posts) -

@locopatho said:

I'd rather play a crappy Zelda game then a Bethesda game anytime.

You could have said GSC Game World or any other dev but you pick boring and shitty Bethesda?

#745 Posted by charizard1605 (61649 posts) -

Holy shit, will Nintendo never stop?

#746 Posted by big_mak523 (205 posts) -

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm secretly hoping Nintendo announces something tomorrow to end E3 with a bang. They've already exceeded my expectations but it seems like they have a lot of momentum right now. Wishful thinking I know, but would still be a great way to end an already great E3 for them.

#747 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (1026 posts) -

@big_mak523: Imagine they end E3 with Metroid for Wii U 2015.

#748 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (6255 posts) -

Are they done yet?

#749 Posted by trugs26 (5949 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Are they done yet?

Nah. They're gonna stream the new STEAM game tomorrow. But who knows if they'll announce anything outside of that.

#750 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28070 posts) -

Aonuma, you troll.