E3 2014: Nintendo Digital Event Thread

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

It's almost here- the last of the pre E3 press showings, Nintendo's Digital Event, where they will reveal their hand for the 3DS and Wii U for 2014 and beyond begins in a few hours. Nintendo has been going out of its way to hype its E3 presence up this year, so we know we can expect something big this time.

Q: What all can I expect at Nintendo's Digital Event?

There is a huge range of games and reveals we can expect from Nintendo this year. The following are the games that we know are definitely confirmed:

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
  • Nintendo's NFC Project
  • Miyamoto's New Project (presumably a new IP)
  • The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
  • Nintendo's remaining lineup for 2014- Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, Bayonetta 2, X, and Hyrule Warriors

In addition, the following have been heavily rumored, and may show up at their show:

• Pokken Fighters (a new Pokemon fighting game for the Wii U)
  • Mario Maker (a LittleBigPlanet-esque game for the 3DS)
  • Project S.T.E.A.M
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS Remake
  • Animal Crossing for Wii U
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC
  • Localizations for Japan only 3DS games (Dragon Quest 7)

In addition, Iwata has clearly stated that the Digital Event will unveil games for the Wii U and 3DS that are in all stages of development, for 2014-15 and beyond, so we will see some games that we haven't seen before.

Q: How long is this Digital Event?

The Nintendo Digital Event is longer than 30 minutes, but shorter than 45 minutes; judging by the length of other Nintendo pre-recorded webcasts, the Digital Event will be 39-42 minutes long.

Q: Is this just another Nintendo Direct?

Functionally, yes- however, Nintendo is actively shying away from using the Nintendo Direct branding for their main E3 webcast this year, and are choosing to call it a Digital Event, so there may yet be something special planned for this. There's no way to know yet.

Q: Is this all Nintendo has planned for its E3?

No. As a matter of fact, Nintendo will be constantly making new announcements over the next one week via its series of interviews and webcasts with the Treehouse Team; therefore, it is entirely possible that a game that does not show up in the webcast is revealed or discussed later at a separate Nintendo E3 event over the week.

Q: Will Nintendo be revealing new hardware?

Nope. There will be no new console or handheld revealed at the Digital Event- not only has Nintendo explicitly denied this rumor, but think about it, if they were revealing a new system, they would want to do it in front of a live audience, not on a webcast.

They may talk about their QoL initiative, or unveil a redesign for 3DS/Wii U, but there won't be a new system.

Q: Who is hosting this Digital Event?

Presumably, it will be Reggie Fils-Amie, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Bill Trinen. Iwata is sick, and can't physically be present at E3, but since the webcast is pre-recorded, it was likely recorded when he was still healthy enough to be in it as a presenter.

Q: Is there a live chat or IRC I can join for the Nintendo Digital Event?

Yes. PUSH will be hosting a live chat for the Digital Event, like with all other E3 events. If you want to join the group chat, please send a Steam friend request to Pramath1605 (the displayed username may be different), and you will automatically be added to the Group Chat.

Q: Will Nintendo announce a new Metroid/F-Zero/Star Fox?

No. Just give it up.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE DIGITAL EVENT

SUMMARY AND RECAP

• Super Smash Bros. will have Mii as a fighter, and there are three different fighting styles you can use.
  • Super Smash Bros. 3DS launches October 4; Wii U version still Holiday 2014
  • Yoshi Yarn is now called Yoshi's Wooly World, looks gorgeous and imaginative as heck. Launches 2015.
  • Captain Toad is now a full fledged game, based on the Super Mario 3D World engine. Launches later this year.
  • The Legend of Zelda for Wii U revealed. Stunning artstyle, fully open world, inspired by Skyrim and NES Zelda. Launches 2015, no title given.
  • Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire footage shown off, launch November 28 2014.
  • Hyrule Warriors demoed, looks great, Midna and Impa are playable characters, launches later this year.
  • Bayonetta 2 launches October of this year, Bayonetta 1 is included in the package, remastered to 1080p.
  • Nintendo launches an NFC figure initiative that is compatible across a multitude of their games, including Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8.
  • Mario Maker is real, looks great, lets players make sidescrolling Mario stages of all kinds.
  • Kirby Rainbow Curse, sequel to Kirby's Canvas Curse, launching on Wii U 2015.
  • X is now called Xenoblade Chronicles X, launching in 2015.
  • Splatoon is Nintendo's take on a competitive shooter. Online play, 4v4, releasing 2015.
  • Star Fox announced for Wii U.
  • Miyamoto working on two new IPs for Wii U- Project Guard and Project Giant Robot.
  • Devil's Third is revived and secured by Nintendo as a Wii U exclusive.
  • Mario Party 10 announced.
  • Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton launches in the US August 29.
  • Fantasy Life announced and confirmed for western localization.

------------

Good luck, fellow Nintenwarriors! See you on the other side!

#2 Posted by _Matt_ (8840 posts) -

Give me Majora's Mask 3D!!! And then I will be super happy.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (38744 posts) -

They will win by default by not having comics and movies on stage.

Excited for it. I really want to see Zelda U.

#4 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2390 posts) -

4 hours left!

#5 Posted by getyeryayasout (7066 posts) -

Drop the Bomba!

#6 Posted by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -

If they announce something else big alongside zelda then they win

#7 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26127 posts) -
#8 Edited by Sollet (7304 posts) -

I bet they will show Monster Hunter 4 exclusive to Wii U that'd move some numbers at least in Japan.

#10 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -

Why should we give up about Metroid? D:

#11 Posted by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

Will the impossible become possible?

Will Nintendo save E3?

#12 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26127 posts) -

@Sollet said:

I bet they will show Monster Hunter 4 exclusive to Wii U that'd move some numbers at least in Japan.

Capcom confirmed that's not happening.

#13 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3397 posts) -

I am banking on Nintendo so hard to save console gaming, right now the Wii U is the most appealing thing for me. Sony was such a massive disappointment, with half the new stuff being the same old thing with a new coat of paint while the only interesting stuff was LBP 3, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and the indies (which all are probably going to go the Vita/PC).

If Nintendo doesn't announce new Wii U games at this conference, I hate to say it, but I may as well get an Xbox One, since that's the only console that has a lot unique experiences being offered (Wii U has some, but I just need a bit more to convince me to buy one).

#14 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (551 posts) -

I'm excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up to the sky so that I won't be disappointed. It would be a megaton for me if they announce Metroid and StarFox OR Metroid and F-Zero, regardless for which system they are developed, but I doubt that they will do that :| .. I would be happy with either one of those three games being announced :)

#15 Posted by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

Looks like Nintendo wins by default.

#16 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

I would be more than happy with a new Zelda, Bayonetta 2, X and Hyrule Warriors. But there will of course be Smash and maybe a few other surprises. It should be good.

#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14917 posts) -

Give me X or give me death!

#18 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3397 posts) -

@bbkkristian: If that financial report is right and X is coming out this year, we're probably going to see it.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (43265 posts) -

Release date for Project X or they can fuck off.

#20 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -

I REALLY hope they don't start talking about their recently released Tomodachi Life or QoL BS, and don't spend too much time about NFC.

#21 Edited by SecretPolice (21382 posts) -

Of the three, this is the wildcard, I hope they come out swinging and rock the house.

#22 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17228 posts) -

You know what? I have zero interest right now in the PS4 and X1. I'm only really interested in really weird niche japanese games and Nintendo games right now.

If your hero is shooting stuff I'm probably not that interested. LBP3 did look great though.

#23 Edited by pc-ps360 (3456 posts) -

i wonder if the unanounced 3rd party exclusive that was rumored to cause butthurt will be shows here. if not then it never existed

#24 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

I REALLY hope they don't start talking about their recently released Tomodachi Life or QoL BS, and don't spend too much time about NFC.

I want Zelda & Metroid. Though SSB4 is going to be the major point of focus.

#25 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Zelda U! Zelda U! Zelda U!

#26 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17228 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Your avatar and this post seem to match for some reason.

#27 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

LOL

#28 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

How? :P

#29 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -
@ladyblue said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I want SSB4, Zelda and X the most of the already announced games. I'm drooling for a new Metroid! OnO

#30 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26127 posts) -
#31 Posted by Netret0120 (2001 posts) -

I fully expect them to show Zelda U, Smash bros U and whatever other U they can make. So far the only big announcements have been UC4, Halo and Assassins Creed which was expected really. I want to be surprised:)

#32 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -
#33 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17228 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@Desmonic said:

Matches the rhythm of chanting zelda u, LOL.

#34 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21434 posts) -

There is a rumor that Miyamoto has three projects to show for E3.

#35 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@Desmonic said:

Matches the rhythm of chanting zelda u, LOL.

Oh yeah. It kinda does lol

Glorious butts now even more glorious XD

#36 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I want SSB4, Zelda and X the most of the already announced games. I'm drooling for a new Metroid! OnO

I need a side scrolling metroid. Majora's 3D would be a huge win too.

#37 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -
@ladyblue said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@ladyblue said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Metroid Dread please!

#38 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -
#39 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21434 posts) -

I would love to see a Metroid game, i havent played the trilogy and probaply never will but seen gameplay and those look awesome. and with retro games behind a new one, i think a GOTY will happen.

#40 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#41 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3397 posts) -

You know what? I have zero interest right now in the PS4 and X1. I'm only really interested in really weird niche japanese games and Nintendo games right now.

If your hero is shooting stuff I'm probably not that interested. LBP3 did look great though.

THIS.THIS. Here I was thinking shooters were gone, but nope, still there.

I can't wait another hour....

#42 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2390 posts) -
#43 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@ladyblue said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Metroid Dread please!

#44 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

A new Star Fox and a new Zelda? Well, Nintendo will win with ease on those alone.

#45 Posted by Blabadon (25684 posts) -

Please release new 3DS games, at this point I use my 3DS as an Etch a Sketch with the fine layer of dust on it.

#46 Posted by Fuhrer_D (25 posts) -

I really wish they would just make a Captain N and the Game Master's RPG. They could even tie it in with the NFC figurines; you'd buy one to use the character in the game.

#48 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5201 posts) -
#49 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24623 posts) -

Apparently Time Magazine spilled on Star Fox U

#50 Edited by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

Two new IPs, Zelda, Star Fox, Smash Bros....

Yeah, Nintendo already won this.