E3 2014 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

#1551 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Kind of sad that the big MEGATON, the unannounced exclusive in 2014 that'll carry Xbone over the PS4, is an HD port of 13 year old games.

Megatons that will carry a system over another are often fanboy fantasies, lol. MS has Ori, the exclusive Platinum game, Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Phantom Dust remake, Crackdown 3, and Gears of War 4 as their future along with a little game called Halo 5 :) Sony's gonna sell you TLOU at full price with a wee bit of DLC while for the same price I get Halo 1-4, all at 1080/60 Cows love so much, 100 multiplayer maps and 4 full campaigns, a full length Halo CGI movie, and Halo 5 beta

Sony is fucking you, pal.

Just like MS is fucking you.

Hey this console is $500 dollars! It will ALWAYS need kinect!

Wait No it doesn't!

I have a question did you buy Halo Anniversery CE, Halo 4, Halo 3?

MS fucked launch day buyers like me no doubt. But The Halo pack is well worth the money, Not only do you get all the games, remakes of some, ability to play levels from all games in a mini campaign and a full length CGI. You get beta to Halo 5. Kinect is still alive and kicking and I use mine all the time. Sony VR is worse than the HDMI in on the Xbox One. Microsoft E3 was all about games and they had more exclusives and content.

I'm not sayin it's not a good deal it undoubtedly IS a very well priced bundle. But to say you're essentially getting screwed with a good deal.

I mean you we did pay for all the stuff and are essentially repaying for it one final time.

#1552 Posted by tdkmillsy (1709 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Kind of sad that the big MEGATON, the unannounced exclusive in 2014 that'll carry Xbone over the PS4, is an HD port of 13 year old games.

Megatons that will carry a system over another are often fanboy fantasies, lol. MS has Ori, the exclusive Platinum game, Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Phantom Dust remake, Crackdown 3, and Gears of War 4 as their future along with a little game called Halo 5 :) Sony's gonna sell you TLOU at full price with a wee bit of DLC while for the same price I get Halo 1-4, all at 1080/60 Cows love so much, 100 multiplayer maps and 4 full campaigns, a full length Halo CGI movie, and Halo 5 beta

Wait No it doesn't!

MS fucked launch day buyers like me no doubt. But The Halo pack is well worth the money, Not only do you get all the games, remakes of some, ability to play levels from all games in a mini campaign and a full length CGI. You get beta to Halo 5. Kinect is still alive and kicking and I use mine all the time. Sony VR is worse than the HDMI in on the Xbox One. Microsoft E3 was all about games and they had more exclusives and content.

I'm not sayin it's not a good deal it undoubtedly IS a very well priced bundle. But to say you're essentially getting screwed with a good deal.

I mean you we did pay for all the stuff and are essentially repaying for it one final time.

Same can be said for any game that's brought to the next gen consoles. Halo fans will play it one more time as it leads to playing Halo 5, as will those that played the odd game or didn't finish it. Its a clever move by Microsoft and its working as its number 1 on Microsoft. TLOU is too soon but I guess they both have a place.

#1553 Edited by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

Same can be said for any game that's brought to the next gen consoles. Halo fans will play it one more time as it leads to playing Halo 5, as will those that played the odd game or didn't finish it. Its a clever move by Microsoft and its working as its number 1 on Microsoft. TLOU is too soon but I guess they both have a place.

Of course it's the general consensus for any game that's brought over from last gen to this gen.

#1554 Posted by darkangel115 (2239 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@elpresador-911 said:

lmao lemmos hyping remasters after shitting on Sony for TLOU PS4.

Couldn't you say the same thing about sony fanboys?

Laughing about remasters after hyping TLOU PS4

Logic, It has no place here in system wars

#1555 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

Halo 2 multiplayer on dedicated servers =

MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

#1556 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nice meltdown, Shawn. Most of those games are 2016 and Halo 5 is 18 months away. Don't pretend your HD ports (and they pretty much are HD ports, same old engines) are any better than Sony's HD ports.

#1557 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

I never played Halo 1 or 2, and never bought all the map packs for 3 or 4. Im getting two games I have never played, a CGI movie, and access to Halo 5 beta. That is a killer deal IMHO.

As for MS saying I'll always need Kinect, them removing it from the box doesn't change that I use it dailey and enjoy it. Doesn't change that they will continue to support the device via apps and OS navigation/Xbox Fitness. It doesn't bother me in the least that they have a Kinect-less One and OS updates so that Kinect isn't needed. Offering choice doesn't bother me so long as I can play how I like, why would I care if someone else doesn't like or want Kinect at all? To each his or her own.

#1558 Edited by ChristianGmr14 (157 posts) -

Pretty good conference for everyone so far (I have not yet watched the Nintendo event). I'm glad that MS showed off some new exclusives, Sunset Overdrive looked really fun, and Project Spark looks like it could be Revolutionary. And of course, the Master Chief Collection was a great package, I'm not a hardcore Halo fan but I do enjoy the series and that would definitely be something I would buy if I had an Xbox One. Too bad Reach was not in it as that's my favorite Halo game of last gen.

Lot's of good multiplats like Witcher 2 and COD Advanced Warfighter, though I thought they could have shown off a bit more on the Xbox Live Arcade games. But overall not many complaints.

#1559 Edited by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

I never played Halo 1 or 2, and never bought all the map packs for 3 or 4. Im getting two games I have never played, a CGI movie, and access to Halo 5 beta. That is a killer deal IMHO.

As for MS saying I'll always need Kinect, them removing it from the box doesn't change that I use it dailey and enjoy it. Doesn't change that they will continue to support the device via apps and OS navigation/Xbox Fitness. It doesn't bother me in the least that they have a Kinect-less One and OS updates so that Kinect isn't needed. Offering choice doesn't bother me so long as I can play how I like, why would I care if someone else doesn't like or want Kinect at all? To each his or her own.

No but it does change their perspective. One individual does not equal the whole sample.
It's great you enjoy it, but it was absolutely necessary if you wanted to have the console

You can't say sony fucked someone without saying MS did it as well forcing something in the box and onto the consumer for $100 extra dollars saying it was PIVOTAL to the ecosystem of the console

Only to take it out a year later.

#1560 Edited by the330and419 (236 posts) -

I guess I'm getting a Xbox One. Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon pushed me over the edge. Buying Titanfall bundle this week. Good job Microsoft. You finally made me do it.

#1561 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nice meltdown, Shawn. Most of those games are 2016 and Halo 5 is 18 months away. Don't pretend your HD ports (and they pretty much are HD ports, same old engines) are any better than Sony's HD ports.

Lol, no meltdown my friend. You're right, HD ports are all the same, as Sony could announce God of War or Uncharted packs tomorrow and they would be great value, ect. But the Halo collection pack is something you have to admit has more content inside of one game than any game released ever. School me if otherwise, but remember:

Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 - 4 full campaigns and 100 multiplayer maps and all Spec-Ops missions from Halo 4, all rendered 1080p/60fps, along with a Halo CGI movie and Halo 5 beta.

#1562 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

No but it does change their perspective. One individual does not equal the whole sample.

It's great you enjoy it, but it was absolutely necessary if you wanted to have the console

You can't say sony fucked someone without saying MS did it as well forcing something in the box and onto the consumer for $100 extra dollars saying it was PIVOTAL to the ecosystem of the console

Yeah, MS made a mistake and they paid for it. Launches can have issues, ect. They're righted the boat. It happened with the PS3 and other devices. Its not a huge deal. The killer would have been not changing, altering course and being so prideful you don't see you're dooming yourself. Both of these companies have a history of fucking people over. But my comment relayed to the Halo collection content compared to other HD ports. And I stand by that one.

#1563 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

Yeah, MS made a mistake and they paid for it. Launches can have issues, ect. They're righted the boat. It happened with the PS3 and other devices. Its not a huge deal. The killer would have been not changing, altering course and being so prideful you don't see you're dooming yourself. Both of these companies have a history of fucking people over. But my comment relayed to the Halo collection content compared to other HD ports. And I stand by that one.

But the overall point stands IMO

If a company fucks ya they fuck ya, no matter how they do it.

No matter what.

#1564 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9015 posts) -

In other news: DelayClub weather gets delayed until..............."sometime after launch"

And this was supposed to be a launch title last November????? The Eroicas thread was right when he posed the question, is Sony hyping the game, intentionally knowing it never had a chance to launch?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/10/5797756/driveclub-weather-rain-snow-update

#1565 Posted by slaves (1381 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

In other news: DelayClub weather gets delayed until..............."sometime after launch"

And this was supposed to be a launch title last November????? The Eroicas thread was right when he posed the question, is Sony hyping the game, intentionally knowing it never had a chance to launch?

How does this have anything to do with the MS conf

#1566 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9015 posts) -

@slaves said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It may not have anything to do with it. Hence the "in other news". Try and keep up.

#1567 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lol, no meltdown my friend. You're right, HD ports are all the same, as Sony could announce God of War or Uncharted packs tomorrow and they would be great value, ect. But the Halo collection pack is something you have to admit has more content inside of one game than any game released ever. School me if otherwise, but remember:

Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 - 4 full campaigns and 100 multiplayer maps and all Spec-Ops missions from Halo 4, all rendered 1080p/60fps, along with a Halo CGI movie and Halo 5 beta.

When you're at rock bottom with few routes up, you need all the bait you can get to reel the fish back in.

Apologies for my mixed metaphor.

#1568 Posted by slaves (1381 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@slaves said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It may not have anything to do with it. Hence the "in other news". Try and keep up.

oh ok thanks for correcting me. I'll try

#1570 Posted by sailor232 (5102 posts) -

I am seriously hyped for Halo collection, the sole reason I've gone Xbox for the first time, to play all these games I missed out on. I get 4 games for the price of one, get access to a show, and get beta access for Halo 5, amazing deal. Can't wait to play the campain and see what I've been missing out on.

#1571 Posted by Shewgenja (11026 posts) -

I think I can say, with some modicum of clarity on the matter after the dust is settling after these E3 conferences, that I no longer have any beef with Microsoft. They did what they had to do for the sake of their business and their branding. They came around and made a huge statement about shaking off their murky past with this XBox One console and have embraced the gamer. As well they should.

Now, the Lemmings on this forum, on the other hand, don't quite get a free pass. THEY were the ones who, up until a month or two ago, were SO QUICK to expound upon us all the high virtues of a general entertainment console. After all, as I was told many MANY a time, a game console can be so much more than a game console. It can be 1.2TFlops of game console and be better than any other machine I can hook up to a TV, because entertainment is the way to go.

I may be paraphrasing some Lems here, but they sure as hell know who they all are..

"For someone who is an adult and pays their own bills, they want more than just a console that plays games."

"Your tastes get more sophisticated when you get older. A basement dweller just wouldn't understand"

"This makes XBox One such a greater value for people like me, who actually have a family. Single college kids don't have the kind of disposable income to afford a next-gen console at launch, anyways. The new XBox will be a game changer, just wait and see Cow."

Ya'll motherfuckers are not off the hook. Oh, it's SO ADORABLE when you come into a PS4 thread and want to talk about Sony being the TVTVTVMovies machine because of... what.. 8 minutes of presentation at the E3 conference?? Someone go back and correct me on that if you want. Just prepare to sift through damn near an hour and a half of bigger and better looking games than you will get on your "It'sallaboutthegamesnowbutletsignorethe1.2tflopsgpuinthismachinenowthankstoatwohourpresentationatE3Box".

Let's be very clear here. There is only one fanbase here who has a legitimate claim to the "it's all about the games" throne and that is the sheep. They've been about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby, Yoshi, etc etc etc even when their console was a waggle machine! Since the freaking 80's even! It would take the entire Lemming population of this forum to equal the legitimacy of just one sheep in that area and even then I don't honestly think it would be a fair fight. On the other hand, there's the Cows. For all their faults, they never ever once said that entertainment functions weren't important or good features to have. They simply said that they wouldn't want to sacrifice gaming performance for the sake of it.

Yet here we are, post MS E3 conference and the Lemmings are taking it as some marching order upon high to attempt an Inquisition of sorts. Sorry, but even though MS rebranded themselves this year (and did a good job of it, I'll admit), it's die-hard fanbase can not. To that end, I wish you all good luck with that. If I have learned anything at all in my time in System Wars, it is that memories are long and the ownage will be hard. I don't envy you at all, Lemmings. Watching the flip flopping and backflips you guys have had to do this year has almost been as painful to watch as it must be to do that.

#1572 Posted by Shewgenja (11026 posts) -

Oh, and one more thing. You really earn extra bonus brownie points for making fun of indie games. That lets us really know you're all about the games now. *thumbs up* Keep up the good work.

#1573 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

I think I can say, with some modicum of clarity on the matter after the dust is settling after these E3 conferences, that I no longer have any beef with Microsoft. They did what they had to do for the sake of their business and their branding. They came around and made a huge statement about shaking off their murky past with this XBox One console and have embraced the gamer. As well they should.

Now, the Lemmings on this forum, on the other hand, don't quite get a free pass. THEY were the ones who, up until a month or two ago, were SO QUICK to expound upon us all the high virtues of a general entertainment console. After all, as I was told many MANY a time, a game console can be so much more than a game console. It can be 1.2TFlops of game console and be better than any other machine I can hook up to a TV, because entertainment is the way to go.

I may be paraphrasing some Lems here, but they sure as hell know who they all are..

"For someone who is an adult and pays their own bills, they want more than just a console that plays games."

"Your tastes get more sophisticated when you get older. A basement dweller just wouldn't understand"

"This makes XBox One such a greater value for people like me, who actually have a family. Single college kids don't have the kind of disposable income to afford a next-gen console at launch, anyways. The new XBox will be a game changer, just wait and see Cow."

Ya'll motherfuckers are not off the hook. Oh, it's SO ADORABLE when you come into a PS4 thread and want to talk about Sony being the TVTVTVMovies machine because of... what.. 8 minutes of presentation at the E3 conference?? Someone go back and correct me on that if you want. Just prepare to sift through damn near an hour and a half of bigger and better looking games than you will get on your "It'sallaboutthegamesnowbutletsignorethe1.2tflopsgpuinthismachinenowthankstoatwohourpresentationatE3Box".

Let's be very clear here. There is only one fanbase here who has a legitimate claim to the "it's all about the games" throne and that is the sheep. They've been about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby, Yoshi, etc etc etc even when their console was a waggle machine! Since the freaking 80's even! It would take the entire Lemming population of this forum to equal the legitimacy of just one sheep in that area and even then I don't honestly think it would be a fair fight. On the other hand, there's the Cows. For all their faults, they never ever once said that entertainment functions weren't important or good features to have. They simply said that they wouldn't want to sacrifice gaming performance for the sake of it.

Yet here we are, post MS E3 conference and the Lemmings are taking it as some marching order upon high to attempt an Inquisition of sorts. Sorry, but even though MS rebranded themselves this year (and did a good job of it, I'll admit), it's die-hard fanbase can not. To that end, I wish you all good luck with that. If I have learned anything at all in my time in System Wars, it is that memories are long and the ownage will be hard. I don't envy you at all, Lemmings. Watching the flip flopping and backflips you guys have had to do this year has almost been as painful to watch as it must be to do that.

Well to be fair, MS detailed all their TV info, Games with Gold, and OS announcements before E3. I honestly love the entertainment aspects of the One. MS changing its focus hasn't cost me any of the reasons I bought the system, nor am I losing features. I don't own any motion control games and will probably grab Dance Central for my neices, lol. Overall they had what I would consider a B show. New games to look forward too, a solid Fall line-up, remakes, diversity, ect. Solid show.

As for gaming performance I looking at Destiny, Wolfenstien, Forza Horison 2 all being 1080p, so MS dev kits are improving and system performance is improving, and this is before DX 12. The one is simply not more powerful than the PS4 and never will be. There will always be a gap of performance between them, but I'll see a number of spectacular One games and the trade off of performance versus games I want is one I can live with. I don't have any issues with the One's performance. Games are looking better and that will continue to improve, If the PS4 has better graphics then so be it. I buy games for the sum of all its parts (graphics, gameplay, story, atmosphere, polish, multiplayer, friends interest) I'm not buying any game just cause its 1080p/60 fps. Those are nice but I would take Mass Effect 2 at 720 over every single game in the PS4/One line-up today.

#1574 Posted by Shewgenja (11026 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Well to be fair, MS detailed all their TV info, Games with Gold, and OS announcements before E3. I honestly love the entertainment aspects of the One. MS changing its focus hasn't cost me any of the reasons I bought the system, nor am I losing features. I don't own any motion control games and will probably grab Dance Central for my neices, lol. Overall they had what I would consider a B show. New games to look forward too, a solid Fall line-up, remakes, diversity, ect. Solid show.

As for gaming performance I looking at Destiny, Wolfenstien, Forza Horison 2 all being 1080p, so MS dev kits are improving and system performance is improving, and this is before DX 12. The one is simply not more powerful than the PS4 and never will be. There will always be a gap of performance between them, but I'll see a number of spectacular One games and the trade off of performance versus games I want is one I can live with. I don't have any issues with the One's performance. Games are looking better and that will continue to improve, If the PS4 has better graphics then so be it. I buy games for the sum of all its parts (graphics, gameplay, story, atmosphere, polish, multiplayer, friends interest) I'm not buying any game just cause its 1080p/60 fps. Those are nice but I would take Mass Effect 2 at 720 over every single game in the PS4/One line-up today.

You've been one of the few Lems that has stayed legitimate through this whole thing. So, I'm not even going to argue with you :)

#1575 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@shawn30 said:

You've been one of the few Lems that has stayed legitimate through this whole thing. So, I'm not even going to argue with you :)

Lol, thanks.

Hardware is fact, and the PS4 hardware is amazing for the value. No getting around that. The One's architecture was designed to include the entertainment portion to a greater degree, and they will continue to lag behind the PS4 in graphics, even as both continuously get better every single year. But I do think we're getting to a place where the majority of One games will be 1080p/30fps from this Fall going forward.

#1577 Posted by Suppaman100 (4365 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

So let's be srs BOTH MS and Sony's conference were mediocre.

Not enough new IP's and all if something new is announced it's for 2015.

Boring/mediocre E3 overall.

Next gen can wait.

Not enough new IP's? This holiday alone there is Sunset Overdrive, Fantastia: Music Evolved, D4, Project Spark, and Fable: Legends. I count the last one as a new IP, because it's a completely different game then Fable 1-3.

In 2015 there is Phantom Dust and Scalebound (because we can't count Halo 5, Crackdown 3, etc).

Also Microsoft isn't done showing games, at E3, yes, but there is still TGS to come, the same goes for Sony btw. I don't think Microsoft isn't going to show anything new at TGS when they are releasing the Xbox One in Japan this september.

Most of the games you listed are probably mediocre at best IMO.

But we'll see what they have to bring with the other shows.

One thing's for sure, there's no need at all to buy any next-gen console at this point.

#1579 Posted by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

So more Halo and Forza, well i guess we know where this gen is going for microsoft.

Yeah... right. Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Ori, ScaleBound, Fable Legends, Dance Central 4, Below, Crackdown, Phantom Dust, D4, Project Spark (Conker), plus a dozen or more Indie games. Sure there is just Halo and Forza. lol!!

#1580 Posted by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

Sony: The PS3 can do games in 1080p @ 120fps and it will have 2 HDMI ports and games will look like Pixar films. Oh wait, no it won't. The PS3 will have PS2 B/C and you'll be able to run Linux O/S on it. Oopss.. nope, not anymore, sorry.

You'll always be able to play multiplayer games for FREE. Oh, sorry you have to pay now on the PS4. lol!!

Bend over. Sony is patiently waiting for you. Now please stfu!!

#1581 Posted by inb4uall (6519 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

Sony: The PS3 can do games in 1080p @ 120fps and it will have 2 HDMI ports and games will look like Pixar films. Oh wait, no it won't. The PS3 will have PS2 B/C and you'll be able to run Linux O/S on it. Oopss.. nope, not anymore, sorry.

You'll always be able to play multiplayer games for FREE. Oh, sorry you have to pay now on the PS4. lol!!

Lol you don't even see it.

#1582 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@blackace said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wait No it doesn't!

Lol you don't even see it.

Classic Blackace meltdown.

#1583 Posted by tymeservesfate (2227 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

nice to see you saying this...