E3 2014 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

#1451 Posted by OhSnapitz (18028 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

So leaks and remakes don't count as megatons. Guess that crosses out the last guardian (already announced), Project beast (leaked) and TLOU (remake).

Hope sony have something up their sleeves to meet cows' high expectations.

Don't forget we already know about Uncharted 4. :P

#1452 Edited by B4X (3401 posts) -

@Chutebox: 29 pages 1400+ posts I'll keep ya posted.

The game that built the Xbox brand has no fans or Megaton potential. /amiright

#1453 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@shawn30: PC with Xbox controller. You are have gone full blown delusional.

#1454 Posted by cantloginnow (96 posts) -

It was a good conference.That list of games on the Xbox is getting bigger and bigger.Its just a matter of time now before the cows are crushed by the Xbox library,keep up the denial.

#1455 Edited by Daious (1052 posts) -

Come to think of it

Did this conference even have a Megaton? Is this the first year without one? I was hyped with Halo 5 last year.

Either way there is way too much hate for this conference. Xbox is in good hands with Spencer.

#1456 Posted by Daious (1052 posts) -

It was a good conference.That list of games on the Xbox is getting bigger and bigger.Its just a matter of time now before the cows are crushed by the Xbox library,keep up the denial.

To be fair over 80% of the games they showed during their conference will be on the PS4.

#1457 Posted by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@blackace:

Wait, I have to like what you like or its not "good"?

#1458 Edited by cantloginnow (96 posts) -

@daious said:

@cantloginnow said:

To be fair over 80% of the games they showed during their conference will be on the PS4.

Of course...thats any system.

#1459 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

A mediocre showing to be honest.

Halo master chief Collection = *yawn*

Sunset Overdrive = LOL, wtf is this shit?

Forza Horizon 2 = good

Crackdown = LMAO CGI!

Fable = GTFO

Multiplats = will look and run better on PS4 and PC

A weak effort by MS just like In knew it was gonna be. Lems hyped that there would be many megatons and not even one showed up lol.

Sony is gonna slaughter MS after this. All they need to show is Project Beast and Uncharted 4 gameplay and it's game over for lems.

#1460 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1242 posts) -

Microsofts conference was underwhelming and it sucked. I thought they would announce something big but nothing big came.

#1461 Edited by Daious (1052 posts) -

@cantloginnow said:

@daious said:

@cantloginnow said:

Of course...thats any system.

then define cows are crushed by the xbox library? How can you make a statement like that without knowing Sony's E3? MS showed Halo, Fable, Forza, Sunset, Crackdown, Dead Rising Full Edition, and multiplatforms.

I am not trolling. I am curious.

I predicted all this week that MS would come out on top. I am not entirely sure anymore. Maybe underdog nintendo might blast through. IDK.

The MS conference was still so much better than last year. They got rid of the filler and showed great games. I think they will win most improved award.

Plus Spencer was great up there. He did a grade A job. The conference ended up being a C+/B-. It wasn't the game changer I was predicting.

#1462 Edited by AdobeArtist (22789 posts) -

What's so delusional about that? Lots of PC gamers use the Xbox controller.

#1463 Posted by Daious (1052 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

This. I would have went insane if I played Dark Souls without a controller and not a keyboard/mouse.

I don't think a massive amount of PC gamers have a controller but there is definitely plenty that do.

#1464 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
#1465 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
#1466 Posted by TheBoss00 (16 posts) -

Im really disappointed in MS. This E3 I thought they would have brought out the big guns. One or two good games but....meh...nothing special. They really need to get their act together.

#1467 Edited by Daious (1052 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@AdobeArtist: He said it was Xbox One gameplay.

Ah, touche. I didn't read the thread like he did. This stuff happened last time with Battlefield.

My apologizes.

#1468 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

So video game tech is all that advances? CGI tech for movies doesn't? The CGI from 2012 is as good as we will ever see? Ok. sweetie pie. You keep bringing up the whole point about gamers who didn't play it. Ok, its not because of the following the games have, and believing they will buy it again.

You know a little more than the average consumer but continue with "probably". Probabilities, right. In other words you don't know.

You agreed with someone, good for you. I agree with those that say one year old remaster is too soon. Neither says you are right or I am.

Oh my bad you are "advising" me about wasting my time posting things that you wont read or acknowledge................even though you made the point of crossing it out and "advising" me not to do it..............which basically means you did read and acknowledge it. Back pedal much?

CGI advancements within movies have nothing to do with gaming or gaming hardware, keep fighting that good fight for that movie analogy that didn't work, cupcake. TLOU has a chance as a game to run better on top of graphical enhancements, there's nothing about a movie that you'd need to make it be a movie than it already is if you were applying the same logic. I didn't say it was just the people who didn't play it will buy it, I was highlighting it as an avenue where it was a gain for some. Yes probably, I watched the Grounded documentary on it and it seemed to be pretty damn taxing with them having to stuff animations into 5mb etc, games at the end of the generation are known to be a lot more taxing on ancient hardware than the games that were developed at the start of the gen, again, it's a simple and plausible deduction that many people might not know because they don't look passed the box of the console and aren't bothered about learning how stuff works. I feel as if we're digressing heavily. So I'll reiterate what I've been saying for the passed couple of comments. Both are remasters, both eligible for mocking for being remasters, launch dates are irrelevant.

Well I need to acknowledge it first to realise what you're going to be typing in the future that might be in the same vein of that sort of personal nonsense and I did this a few comments back. It only takes a simple skim to get the jist when it crops up as I read the rest of your comment.

#1469 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5540 posts) -

i read that Forbes grading report (hint:dont read it ,and dont go on forbes ever,but it was the only place i could have a quick look )

Seems like they played it safe,not a bad thing.I guess media will be disappointed as there is no story to make out,no financial reports.Just games,which is pretty good.... if there were some (more)exclusives and not Remasters lawl.

I think Godny will somehow underdeliver.Idk , this year seems slow for everyone , if Sony fails ,then it will be a pretty dark year.

#1470 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lglz1337 said:

@b4x: halo fans already bought a XposBone system because they knew halo was coming!

titanfall round 2..LOL! bb bb bbut halo will save XposBone

A game that sells 10 million + copies every game made. It won't help. No it won't help. This is not a new franchise.

This is HALO!

I see the sales of The Master Chief collection selling steady the next 8 years. For the life of the console it will be a must have. I am truly pleased and cant wait to get my hands on it.

#1471 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

You do realize who you're talking to.....Tread lightly.

You're traveling down a slippery slope there. Coming back is 10x as hard as getting there.

#1472 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lglz1337 said:

@b4x: halo fans already bought a XposBone system because they knew halo was coming!

A game that sells 10 million + copies every game made. It won't help. No it won't help. This is not a new franchise.

This is HALO!

I see the sales of The Master Chief collection selling steady the next 8 years. For the life of the console it will be a must have. I am truly pleased and cant wait to get my hands on it.

You know those tens of millions Halo fans don't want this. This is no Megaton for those poor basterds. Just another game announcement.

/Am I doing it right?

DAY 1 SON!

#1473 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

@b4x said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@b4x said:

@lglz1337 said:

This is HALO!

You know those tens of millions Halo fans don't want this. This is no Megaton for those poor basterds. Just another game announcement.

/Am I doing it right?

DAY 1 SON!

Cows: Bu Bu But your megatons dont count as megatons. Our megaton will be TLOU (released a year ago, lol) with a custom DLC dress for Ellie and a Michael Jackson glove for Joel. LULZ.

#1474 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -
@Telekill said:

The best thing shown at the Microsoft presser was the Tomb Raider sequel. I went out and preordered it.

I disagree -- Halo 2 Anniversary, with its original multiplayer intact, is the best thing since sliced bread. (The greatest console multiplayer game of all time)

#1475 Posted by g0ddyX (3889 posts) -

A solid line up I say, even if your not a microsoft fan.
Still getting those top next gen multiplatform games as well, so it ain't exactly the worse.
Looking forward to Halo 5 and the mini series ;)

Not any major new exclusive megatons, but the megatons from last year, are still ongoing.

#1476 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

someone clean up my window i see no megaton

When was the last time we saw a legit surprise megaton at E3?

#1477 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2692 posts) -

Awesome show overall! Loved the footage of games like Sunset OD and Fable LEgends......realy looking forward to games like Horizon 2 of course, but after seeing the new videos I am stocked for Fable Legends and Evolve.....can't wait for that stuff....it's gonna be a great year

#1478 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: All you can do is laugh. This shit can't be made up. Must be witnessed first hand to appreciate the stupid.

I love it :p

#1479 Edited by cainetao11 (16598 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

So video game tech is all that advances? CGI tech for movies doesn't? The CGI from 2012 is as good as we will ever see? Ok. sweetie pie. You keep bringing up the whole point about gamers who didn't play it. Ok, its not because of the following the games have, and believing they will buy it again.

You know a little more than the average consumer but continue with "probably". Probabilities, right. In other words you don't know.

You agreed with someone, good for you. I agree with those that say one year old remaster is too soon. Neither says you are right or I am.

Oh my bad you are "advising" me about wasting my time posting things that you wont read or acknowledge................even though you made the point of crossing it out and "advising" me not to do it..............which basically means you did read and acknowledge it. Back pedal much?

CGI advancements within movies have nothing to do with gaming or gaming hardware, keep fighting that good fight for that movie analogy that didn't work, cupcake. TLOU has a chance as a game to run better on top of graphical enhancements, there's nothing about a movie that you'd need to make it be a movie than it already is if you were applying the same logic. I didn't say it was just the people who didn't play it will buy it, I was highlighting it as an avenue where it was a gain for some. Yes probably, I watched the Grounded documentary on it and it seemed to be pretty damn taxing with them having to stuff animations into 5mb etc, games at the end of the generation are known to be a lot more taxing on ancient hardware than the games that were developed at the start of the gen, again, it's a simple and plausible deduction that many people might not know because they don't look passed the box of the console and aren't bothered about learning how stuff works. I feel as if we're digressing heavily. So I'll reiterate what I've been saying for the passed couple of comments. Both are remasters, both eligible for mocking for being remasters, launch dates are irrelevant.

Well I need to acknowledge it first to realise what you're going to be typing in the future that might be in the same vein of that sort of personal nonsense and I did this a few comments back. It only takes a simple skim to get the jist when it crops up as I read the rest of your comment.

The greatest part of this has been as usual your avatar. God I love her. No CGI advancements have nothing to do with gaming hardware. But if it has advanced in the past two years, they don't remake a CGI heavy movie in 1-2 years because its too soon, imo. My point with TLOU. We all know devs get better on consoles as the gen goes on. I would wait and maximize the improvement. Instead, I'll play the MP for free on PS3.

I know why you were highlighting the gain for some. But you seemed tobe pointing that out like it was an argument ending fact. I don't believe so. Its just your point of view, and I don't have to share it.

If you look into how this works or what struggles the devs go through awesome, I mean that. We all have our passions.

I have never refuted your point of both being remasters so they can both be mocked. We can mock new games for all I care.

I believe I have pointed out many times its an opinion from us both. You value TLOU a year later, I don't. I didn't value the Halo collection, my first comment was "I own them already Bonnie". Adding the Halo 5 beta and a MP that I haven't been able to play in years has some value for me. So, we differ.

Of course we read what others type, dude. But I don't tell anyone what to say, or not say and then claim I'll shoot it down. And I wont stop posting what I want to say especially if you lie about not reading it. LOL

#1480 Posted by Telekill (4332 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer:

We'll agree to disagree. I'm not big into FPS games due to this last gen, but I consider Halo 2 to be the game that was the final nail in the Microsoft coffin for me.

At first, I didn't buy an Xbox because I blamed Microsoft for Sega being pushed out of the console business. I'm not here to debate what actually occurred because there is no one single cause that pushed Sega out for good. Moving on with the story, I had played the first Halo with friends both multiplayer and LAN parties and had a blast. When Halo 2 launched, I was working at an EB Games and got a discount on the Halo 2 collector's edition, an Xbox system and a couple other titles. I played through the single player portion and enjoyed it however when I got to the multiplayer portion, I was appauled.

The gaming community for Halo 2 was atrocious and was the start of what the CoD community is today. In short, a bunch of prepubesant assholes that had no idea how to cooperate with one another in order to get the objectives done regardless that we all had mics. I was so disgusted with the Halo 2 community that after only having my Xbox for a month, I sold it and all Xbox related items on eBay. I've never looked back and never cared too as from what I've heard, the Xbox community hasn't changed in two generations. This is a main reason that I never bought a 360 and continue to ignore the X1.

#1481 Edited by ankor77 (938 posts) -

I enjoyed the conference(was actually late to meet a client bc of it!). It might have been better if they saved some things like horizon2 and the kinectless sku just for the conference, but overall I thought it was good. I am psyched for halo even though I played the crap out of all of them. Sunset overdrive continues to look incredible and the DR3 content looks great.

Anyways Im excited for the Sony/Nintendo news too as im a xb1/ps4/wiiU/PC/vita/3ds owner. I dont Hate!

#1482 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

About what I expected. Timed exclusive DLC, Halo ports, indies, multiplats and CGI trailers for stuff out in 2015/16. Very average. Enough to save the Xbone? Nope. It needed megatons. Based Phil failed to deliver.

#1483 Edited by xhawk27 (7211 posts) -

Anyone that says MS didn't have a great E3 conference is truly a hardcore fanboy and isn't that bright.

That rumor about a big third party exclusive didn't turn out.

#1484 Posted by xhawk27 (7211 posts) -

About what I expected. Timed exclusive DLC, Halo ports, indies, multiplats and CGI trailers for stuff out in 2015/16. Very average. Enough to save the Xbone? Nope. It needed megatons. Based Phil failed to deliver.

You are setting up for failure from Sony's press conference! LOL

#1485 Posted by santoron (7636 posts) -

@Telekill said:

The best thing shown at the Microsoft presser was the Tomb Raider sequel. I went out and preordered it.

I disagree -- Halo 2 Anniversary, with its original multiplayer intact, is the best thing since sliced bread. (The greatest console multiplayer game of all time)

Sure. I love playing an old classic now and again, but I don't scream like a schoolgirl every time a get Super Mario World or a classic FF on a new platform. And I'm not sure why "multiplayer intact" is such a feat. It's not like they lost the server code to run it, and why would they fiddle with it to begin with? Halo2 without it's actual MP would be bigger news.

Old games are great. They aren't megaton announcements.

#1486 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

Yup.

#1487 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, bringing back Conker just for Project Spark was the best troll move ever.

@xhawk27 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You are setting up for failure from Sony's press conference! LOL

But I didn't say anything about Sony's conference.

#1488 Edited by handssss (1800 posts) -

@daious said:

Come to think of it

Did this conference even have a Megaton? Is this the first year without one? I was hyped with Halo 5 last year.

Either way there is way too much hate for this conference. Xbox is in good hands with Spencer.

it was conker... until it was revealed to just be a theme for project spark.

#1489 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

Halo Master Chief Collection 1080p/60fps

TLOU reduex PS4 1080p/30fps LOLOLOLOLOLOL

DAT old engine must be a bitch for the PS4.

#1490 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@daious said:

@Nike_Air said:

After all of that hype

• 6 / 10
  • I no longer believe in Phil Spencer
  • Game Off
  • TLHBO

Phil Spencer delivered a great conference. It didn't meet the hype but was still enoyable.

It is funny to see Lemmings hype Remasters. I am loling all over that one

....its not one game its 4 games for 60$ , you can play all 4 games multiplayer in one playlist. all 1080/60 ..... its actually pretty damn good and you know it

#1491 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

Kind of sad that the big MEGATON, the unannounced exclusive in 2014 that'll carry Xbone over the PS4, is an HD port of 13 year old games.

#1492 Posted by handssss (1800 posts) -

Halo Master Chief Collection 1080p/60fps

TLOU reduex PS4 1080p/30fps LOLOLOLOLOLOL

DAT old engine must be a bitch for the PS4.

and what source do you have that confirms it as 30fps?

#1493 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

Kind of sad that the big MEGATON, the unannounced exclusive in 2014 that'll carry Xbone over the PS4, is an HD port of 13 year old games.

Compared to a game that Sony has to perform a rehash on that is a year old? TLOU anyone?

#1494 Posted by Elpresador-911 (200 posts) -

lmao lemmos hyping remasters after shitting on Sony for TLOU PS4.

#1495 Posted by Shewgenja (8345 posts) -

All I can really say is this.

I like MS a whole lot more today than I did yesterday.

#1496 Posted by lostrib (33368 posts) -

lmao lemmos hyping remasters after shitting on Sony for TLOU PS4.

Couldn't you say the same thing about sony fanboys?

Laughing about remasters after hyping TLOU PS4

#1497 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

Don't worry it won't sell, I promise. Here have a cookie.

There was no Halo 5 beta announced in that tiny game package.

Now get some sleep, I have a long day of drinking and beating the shit out of you.

#1498 Edited by Daious (1052 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

@daious said:

@Nike_Air said:

After all of that hype

• 6 / 10
  • I no longer believe in Phil Spencer
  • Game Off
  • TLHBO

Phil Spencer delivered a great conference. It didn't meet the hype but was still enoyable.

It is funny to see Lemmings hype Remasters. I am loling all over that one

....its not one game its 4 games for 60$ , you can play all 4 games multiplayer in one playlist. all 1080/60 ..... its actually pretty damn good and you know it

Where did I say it wasn't good?

#1499 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

The greatest part of this has been as usual your avatar. God I love her. No CGI advancements have nothing to do with gaming hardware. But if it has advanced in the past two years, they don't remake a CGI heavy movie in 1-2 years because its too soon, imo. My point with TLOU. We all know devs get better on consoles as the gen goes on. I would wait and maximize the improvement. Instead, I'll play the MP for free on PS3.

I know why you were highlighting the gain for some. But you seemed tobe pointing that out like it was an argument ending fact. I don't believe so. Its just your point of view, and I don't have to share it.

If you look into how this works or what struggles the devs go through awesome, I mean that. We all have our passions.

I have never refuted your point of both being remasters so they can both be mocked. We can mock new games for all I care.

I believe I have pointed out many times its an opinion from us both. You value TLOU a year later, I don't. I didn't value the Halo collection, my first comment was "I own them already Bonnie". Adding the Halo 5 beta and a MP that I haven't been able to play in years has some value for me. So, we differ.

Of course we read what others type, dude. But I don't tell anyone what to say, or not say and then claim I'll shoot it down. And I wont stop posting what I want to say especially if you lie about not reading it. LOL

You should check out In The Blood, there's a toilet scene that may cause some stirrings, shame she can't act for shit.
They wouldn't remake a CGI heavy movie within 1-2 years because they wouldn't, they're different industries, hence why the comparison doesn't work. This is why it's a false equivalence. You're assuming it would be tough for them to port TLOU onto PS4, I doubt it would be. Plus getting it out the way while it's still fresh from success last year is a good move as they'll have dev time to either make the sequel or new IP in the later dev cycles and leave TLOU in the dust. now having it successfully riding more sales for PS4 owners who may be possible 360 owners who never bought it on PS3.
The bold was the cause of your original argument so I'd say not completely refuted which resulted in "it's been out a fucking year".

I'm parodying Lems. Can't you tell? I have no problem with remasters. But you're for sure as shit gonna see "lol remaster" when the last of us is mentioned.

Because its a fvckin year old.

That's you right there saying that the 'lolremaster' is more justified for the TLOU while both are remasters by definition and should be treated as such. And thus back to my original argument.

Having a game I enjoy improved is definitely worth it, and it's conveniently on my new console, another reason to put my PS3 to bed. I'd agree on it would have to be game I really liked, for example I won't be purchasing the GOW:A remaster because I don't feel as strongly for the game as I do TLOU. That's a remaster they shouldn't be doing but not because it's been out less than a year/1 year.

Again, I read the first personal bit and then advised you not to type out more like it in later comments because it is worthless to the argument, try to follow please.

#1500 Edited by LordJinChaos (17709 posts) -

Awesome show overall! Loved the footage of games like Sunset OD and Fable LEgends......realy looking forward to games like Horizon 2 of course, but after seeing the new videos I am stocked for Fable Legends and Evolve.....can't wait for that stuff....it's gonna be a great year

Ditto. I think Sunset OD is really underrated. It looks super fun. The Witcher 3 looked beautiful as well. Everything was so fluid and crisp. Can't wait to give it a go.