E3 2011: Microsoft to announce xbox live diamond

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

Does PSN+ include a YLoD? :roll:

WilliamRLBaker

whats a ylod? You Lose or Die?

yellow light of death which is the name of the general fault error the ps3 puts out and if its to be believed was at 11% of all systems sold at one point. *But only if you also believe the 54% failure rate of the 360* PS plus offers an extended warranty program but you have to pay extra.

54% fail rate for 360 lool :D microsoft made twice the profit they should have
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
54% fail rate for 360 lool :D microsoft made twice the profit they should haveSPBoss
How many of those had to be replaced/repaired for free...
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
[QUOTE="SPBoss"]54% fail rate for 360 lool :D microsoft made twice the profit they should haveInconsistancy
How many of those had to be replaced/repaired for free...

Definately not all of them, some people can't be bothered with the hassle of rma so they end up buying a new one.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#54 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
This rumors was going for a while a few years ago and nothing happened. Microsoft doesn't even officially regard the premium Live service as gold and the free one as silver any more. I doubt they're looking to complicate it any more.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

So lets see sony keep offering games and exclusives and Ms gives a TV show? great! GOTY!

finalstar2007
I thought you buying a 360 would finally make you a manticore. I was mistaken. Why does everyone act as though the 360 has no games just because the first part of the year has been stale? Everyone knows Microsoft releases it's big titles in the holiday. After Alan Wake, I'm not sure I even blame them. This has been the gen of multiplats anyway. As far as XBLDiamond is concerned, I like IPTV - but it'd have to offer a great deal to get me to upgrade.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
sounds cool, but i have no need for it so its a no buy for me. i get free tv so i dont see what it could offer me to entice me to go for it.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Why does everyone act as though the 360 has no games just because the first part of the year has been stale?mythrol

Because it's System Wars. Logic doesn't even apply to cows at all. They don't exactly know what MS are bringing out to the table as of yet. What they fail to realize, is out there in the real world, most PS3 players play multiplats & Blu-Ray movies much more than exclusives.

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
Stupid name. The next precious metal after silver and gold is platinum. XBL Platinum would have sounded better than XBL Diamond. But I know that's just my nit picky opinion.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

So lets see sony keep offering games and exclusives and Ms gives a TV show? great! GOTY!

mythrol

I thought you buying a 360 would finally make you a manticore. I was mistaken. Why does everyone act as though the 360 has no games just because the first part of the year has been stale? Everyone knows Microsoft releases it's big titles in the holiday. After Alan Wake, I'm not sure I even blame them. This has been the gen of multiplats anyway. As far as XBLDiamond is concerned, I like IPTV - but it'd have to offer a great deal to get me to upgrade.

wow i did a quick read and i thought it said something else....lol

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Should make gold free, thata' win E3.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
i might get this since i dont have cable tv
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

MrSelf-Destruct

It's nothing that interests me, but MS do know what they're doing. Their system is growing year over year at three times the rate of the PS3. So Diamond may not appeal to you or I, but MS are doing really well for a system that's six years old.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced this Diamond thing at E3 and really push this entertainment lifestyIe forward. But really, that is what mainstream consumers want and that is what MS is giving them. Sony might be more inclined right now towards traditional gamers which certainly makes them a bit more appealing. But I don't think MS gives a crap about GotY when they're tapping into a market that even Nintendo has failed to reach. It's very possible that with the 360, MS will surpass the Wii and PS3 without having to release another new console for quite a few years.

It really sucks for us gamers, though. What's the point of them harvesting new features for their system when they are neglecting the ones that gave the damn thing purpose to begin with? I understand what they are trying to do and agree that its clever of them, but it sure isn't that great for the people who bought it just to play games.

They are just kinda letting third parties carry the platform. Not nessecarily a bad thing, it just depends on what 3rd parties put out

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
as long as it comparable with the current cable prices cool
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

Isn't it funny how they are following the Starcraft ladder system? Though they did miss plat. Guess they are just that good.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Isn't it funny how they are following the Starcraft ladder system? Though they did miss plat. Guess they are just that good.

argetlam00

I'm tellin' ya, XBL's gonna hit Grand Master's next year at E3, it's gonna add pc game support.

LiquidXBL.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#66 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Neat feature but I'm not interested in it. Knowing M$, they'll probably charge you $100+ for it.
exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
Shouldn't it be Platinum first before Diamond? :P
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

WTF just give me some new damn games!

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Interesting if true. If it has a competitve price and good content, it might be worth it. Still, netflix instant is good enough for me (accompanied by a one dvd out at a time plan) to be bothered with anything other than OTA channels.