Dying light 2 shaping to be one of the best 2019 game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25084 Posts

Source

How Dying Light 2 is a culmination of everything Techland has learnt making zombie games so far

“We had an idea that this time it could be more about humans, and that it would take place fifteen years after the fall, so there is more space for art and injecting our creative ideas about what the apocalypse would look like. It mimics the Middle Ages from the past in that the people are not really trusting to each other, there is a spreading of mistrust and no one believes in God, culture, or science, so we can have all these colourful communities that are really opportunistic. That gives us a space to create a hyperbole of the present day with Dying Light 2’s apocalypse.”

more

"Dying Light 2 is something of a quantum leap over our previous games.”

“We are not trying to get rid of them, because it was a cool feature of Dying Light. But we’re actually trying to see what people are actually doing in the real world with this kind of weaponry. There are weapons that exist that can actually freeze a watermelon when you hit it! So we want to frame it in context as much as possible, and even show the player how an elemental weapon could possibly work," Kulon tells me, noting that this does mean that some ideas have to hit the cutting room floor as a result. "That requires explaining everything to the player as much as possible or, sometimes, when we figure out a weapon that is actually too ridiculous, we just remove it… or turn it into an Easter egg!”

The more i see, more i get interested especially first dying light was not very good. this on other hand is on whole new level. gotta love unique setting like modern dark ages with no modern weapons and no technology involved.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59382 Posts

@tom-pepper said:

Still havent got round to playing dying light after trying the 1 or 3 hour trial,first person climbing and jumping did'nt do it for me,in the same way tomb raider first person would be odd.

Saying that the 100's of decision impacting DL2 from start to finish looks good!

Ditta, shits just been sitting for years.

GGmanlives gave it a pretty scavving review, but then, he liked New Order, so his opinion ain't all that.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17923 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

The more i see, more i get interested especially first dying light was not very good. this on other hand is on whole new level. gotta love unique setting like modern dark ages with no modern weapons and no technology involved.

Why are you saying the first was not very good? The first Dying Light is a great game and this one looks to be better.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56445 Posts

The first Dying Light was by far the best Zombie game I enjoy and Techland sure has come a long way since Dead Island (which I didn't mind for all it's faults, I actually had fun with Dead Island/Riptide) and Dying Light 2 is one of my most hype game of 2019!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan: first game was pretty bad. It was boring zombie beat with pipe game that get boring fast plus main characters are bunch of hipsters.

2 looks a lot better and going in right direction.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@ghosts4ever said:

@BassMan: first game was pretty bad. It was boring zombie beat with pipe game that get boring fast plus main characters are bunch of hipsters.

No! Dying Light was well receive and Techland did a freaking job of it and it's one of my top 5 favorite Zombie games to date!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Have low expectations, Doom is gonna own and the latest Metro game is better than the past DL games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34789 Posts

Iunno. First one got boring fast.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BassMan

@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

No! Dying Light was well receive and Techland did a freaking job of it and it's one of my top 5 favorite Zombie games to date!

Yeah, I love the first game. The gameplay is fun and it has a great feel and atmosphere. Parkour traversal and gory zombie action is a winning combo. I also didn't mind the story and missions. The Following was a great expansion too. You also get to use more guns later in the game. It seems like Ghosty didn't really play the game much.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Iunno. First one got boring fast.

yes. first one absolutely suck but this is different breed. i was surprised by what i saw at E3.

its becoming more like story driven first person immersive sim.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts
@BassMan said:
@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, I love the first game. The gameplay is fun and it has a great feel and atmosphere. Parkour traversal and gory zombie action is a winning combo. I also didn't mind the story and missions. The Following was a great expansion too. You also get to use more guns later in the game. It seems like Ghosty didn't really play the game much.

Same here. I just love Dying Light. The colors, attention to detail and sound design all created an amazing post-apocalyptic atmosphere. Traversal and combat were also very satisfying, while story was good enough to not be a problem for me.

I'm sold for Dying Light 2 featuring a rich and impactful narrative as well as four times the size of the previous map. My only concern is them toning down the zombie presence in the world in favor of humans. Human enemies are boring, we fight them in pretty much every game already.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Never played the first one and have no interest in the sequel. Game looks boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever
@johnd13 said:

Same here. I just love Dying Light. The colors, attention to detail and sound design all created an amazing post-apocalyptic atmosphere. Traversal and combat were also very satisfying, while story was good enough to not be a problem for me.

I'm sold for Dying Light 2 featuring a rich and impactful narrative as well as four times the size of the previous map. My only concern is them toning down the zombie presence in the world in favor of humans. Human enemies are boring, we fight them in pretty much every game already.

zombies are oversaturated. atleast fighting humans are fun. fighting zombies are not.

if it was zombie game like previous. it would be just another zombie game. now chris avellone is involve mean story is going to be amazing and he work on no other than immersive sim (Prey, System shock).

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@tom-pepper said:

Still havent got round to playing dying light after trying the 1 or 3 hour trial,first person climbing and jumping did'nt do it for me,in the same way tomb raider first person would be odd.

Saying that the 100's of decision impacting DL2 from start to finish looks good!

I enjoyed the first part of the game. As soon as it went to a new location, I immediately lost interest.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@johnd13 said:

zombies are oversaturated. atleast fighting humans are fun. fighting zombies are not.

if it was zombie game like previous. it would be just another zombie game. now chris avellone is involve mean story is going to be amazing and he work on no other than immersive sim (Prey, System shock).

Traditional zombies are rare.

Even Resident Evil's "zombies" aren't traditional zombies, as they aren't dead.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@johnd13 said:

Traditional zombies are arer.

Resident evil when not focus on zombie (RE7) is best in series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@johnd13 said:

Traditional zombies are arer.

Resident evil when not focus on zombie (RE7) is best in series.

RE really stopped using anything that resembled traditional zombies in with 4.

28 days later changed everything, really.

Dey gotta run brah.

Loading Video...
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BassMan

Busting out some old screenshots...

Epic floating bush!
Epic floating bush!
I was hungry. :)
I was hungry. :)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10566 Posts

nothing from any preview footage i've seen suggests this game holds much potential. clunky first person parkour, bland setting... have we even seen any footage of the actual zombies yet? i don't recall any. it's a zombie game without the zombies

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

nothing from any preview footage i've seen suggests this game holds much potential. clunky first person parkour, bland setting... have we even seen any footage of the actual zombies yet? i don't recall any. it's a zombie game without the zombies

they said multiple times its not zombie game. and setting is one of the most unique i have ever seen. first game suck but this game will be amazing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10566 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

they said multiple times its not zombie game. and setting is one of the most unique i have ever seen. first game suck but this game will be amazing.

i read something about them saying their focus is on the contrast between day and night - the day is for the living, the night is for the dead (or undead). we've seen a load of day footage, but nothing of the night (or i missed it). i want to see the horror elements. if this is an atmospheric and tense game, demonstrate that in the previews. all i've seen is some overblown multiple outcome aspect when you can either liberate a water supply or keep it in the hands of a local gangster. wow. such choice. and i don't see anything unique about the setting. it's pretty standard post apocalyptic stuff

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44695 Posts

Dying Light was really just Dead Island with new mechanics, updated engine, and a name rebranding since Dead Island was so despised, not to mention new publisher. I dunno though, they are promising a lot with this dynamic world and player choice, playing it safe I should expect it only partially gets to that, but more importantly seems more human based than zombies, but that's only because I only watched initial reveal and no other updated videos since, but yeah, not sure what to think if they sideline zombies on this one, most certainly not getting excited at all, I liked their past games, even the despised Dead Island games, rather just have more of that.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#25 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I enjoyed the first and loved its DLC. I'm looking forward to the sequel, but something about it is making me stay cautiously optimistic.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

Looks like another generic fps zombie game.

RE2 is better.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

@true_link: not even a single gun in this game. Its modern dark age so technology stop existing.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@johnd13 said:

Fighting humans was one of the most boring parts of Dying Light. On the other hand bashing zombie skulls, being surrounded by a horde or chased by virals (especially in Hard mode) and evading volatiles at night was where the game got tense and shined in terms of enemy encounters. Parkour and zombies are what set Dying Light apart from other open-world games.

I'm curious to see what Chris Avellone has in store for the game's story and narrative. I hope player action consequences won't be limited to X faction has taken control of Y area so you get or don't get more gear.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I always thought Dying Light 1 was kind of underappreciated. I really enjoyed that game, and it got spooky in parts. (At night.)

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

The problem with these zombie games for me is how ridiculous they tend to be with the electrified weapons and shit. Like Dead Rising in first person. I did enjoy Dying Light 1, but not enough to be hyped for its sequel.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@johnd13 said:

Fighting humans was one of the most boring parts of Dying Light. On the other hand bashing zombie skulls, being surrounded by a horde or chased by virals (especially in Hard mode) and evading volatiles at night was where the game got tense and shined in terms of enemy encounters. Parkour and zombies are what set Dying Light apart from other open-world games.

I'm curious to see what Chris Avellone has in store for the game's story and narrative. I hope player action consequences won't be limited to X faction has taken control of Y area so you get or don't get more gear.

yeah but this is dying light 2 and here the focus is on human and choices and TBH fighitng anything was not fun in original game because it suck.

@pelvist said:

The problem with these zombie games for me is how ridiculous they tend to be with the electrified weapons and shit. Like Dead Rising in first person. I did enjoy Dying Light 1, but not enough to be hyped for its sequel.

well atleast its not rehahsed sequel. its getting into different direction and its way too ambitious.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 True_Link

@ghosts4ever said:

@true_link: not even a single gun in this game. Its modern dark age so technology stop existing.

So? Guns are guns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@BassMan said:
@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Dying Light was awesome; just Ghost always being in the minority with his shit opinions. He still upset Metro got an 8 on here and not a 9 like he stated...lmao.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

For real, Dying Light is one of the best games Techland has ever made.

Dying Light: The Following is also one of the best expansion packs I've played. Added so much great stuff to the main game: new area, buggy, xbow, ...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@true_link said:
@ghosts4ever said:

So? Guns are guns.

FPS means first person shooter. you dont shoot in this game. you just beat with melee weapons. its first person action game

beside it has more contents than RE2.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dying-light-2-has-so-much-content-youll-need-to-play-it-multiple-times-to-see-everything/

@R4gn4r0k said:
@davillain- said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Dying Light: The Following is also one of the best expansion packs I've played. Added so much great stuff to the main game: new area, buggy, xbow, ...

COJ gunslinger is best game techland has ever made. dying light could have been good but turn out another zombie game which is not fun at all.

even though Dying Light suck. Dying light 2 is one of my most wanted game this year.

its like Rage 2 when Rage 1 was not very good. ok. but Rage 2 looks great and will be one of the best FPS this year.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I guess since Metro Exodus flopped, you've got to go jerk something else off for a few months.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

Awwww snap! I been meaning to play Dying Light: The Following and I just been so busy playing other games. Thanks for the reminder :)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@foxhound_fox said:

I guess since Metro Exodus flopped, you've got to go jerk something else off for a few months.

for the 1000 time. 8/10 is not flop. its a great score. on other hand i was expecting IGN to give it 7 but they give 8.5, here GS i expect 9 but got 8 which is fine by me.

you are me, both are Doom fans so Doom Eternal is to me the biggest game this year. Dying light 2 might become second.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Above average.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 True_Link

@ghosts4ever: you're so deluded it's sad.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

It not hard to figure out it just to be more basic softwares.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I thought every Dead Island game was really bad. Dying light was kind of crappy, too. I wanted a more serious game, so maybe this will be for me. You guys remember the first Dead Island trailer? The one with the girl falling out of the building? Everyone was like "Oh shit, whats this?" Then the game came out and it was a derpy, shitty, Borderlands-y clunkfest. Really disappointing.