DX12 will not solve XBones 1080p problems

#151 Edited by Shewgenja (10798 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: StormyJoe reads the article. Notices the paragraph:

Since the console's launch last November, there's been controversy surrounding the apparent difficultiesdevelopers have when attempting to get their games running at 1080p resolution. June's update to the Xbox One software development kit--different than DirectX--opened up an additional 10 percent processing power for developers to use, which has helped some games like Destiny reach 1080p on the console.

Points at shewgenja and laughs.

Shewgenja reads this post and can't help but notice that the paragraph is about relinquishing GPU compute from Kinect, not DX12. Also notices StormyJoe is using a cross-gen cross-plat title as an example of how the XBone's resolution woes are "solved" and thus laughing at the Shew.

...and goes about his day.

#152 Posted by kaealy (1490 posts) -

I don't even remember when I started out with 1080p on my PC.

Fun fact, Quake was coded on a 1080p monitor in 1995.

#154 Posted by commander (8624 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: StormyJoe reads the article. Notices the paragraph:

Since the console's launch last November, there's been controversy surrounding the apparent difficultiesdevelopers have when attempting to get their games running at 1080p resolution. June's update to the Xbox One software development kit--different than DirectX--opened up an additional 10 percent processing power for developers to use, which has helped some games like Destiny reach 1080p on the console.

Points at shewgenja and laughs.

Shewgenja reads this post and can't help but notice that the paragraph is about relinquishing GPU compute from Kinect, not DX12. Also notices StormyJoe is using a cross-gen cross-plat title as an example of how the XBone's resolution woes are "solved" and thus laughing at the Shew.

...and goes about his day.

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

#155 Posted by Shewgenja (10798 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

#156 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

#157 Posted by commander (8624 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

#158 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable a few years earlier. it was really surprising how much better it looked than prior halo games.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

#159 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

lol 15 mill console sold is beginning.

Imagine the end.

last gen 12 millions PS3 solds - lemmings: it over LOL

#160 Edited by commander (8624 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable six years earlier.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

yet a 8800 gt still runs games better than a x360. Why? because that gpu is a bit stronger than the xenos gpu in the x360.

Optimization can only do so much. I'm not impressed by halo 4, but I've always been a pc gamer as well.

#161 Edited by AzatiS (8004 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for 8 straight years it was "we got slightly better textures on X terrain and smoother edges on shadows and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen while favors PS4 big time ... " its a 1080p argument lol " right ?

Where were you the past decade i wonder.

#162 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable six years earlier.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

yet a 8800 gt still runs games better than a x360. Why? because that gpu is a bit stronger than the xenos gpu in the x360.

Optimization can only do so much. I'm not impressed by halo 4, but I've always been a pc gamer as well.

not impressed by Halo 4? running on 360 hardware? I smell bullshit.

#163 Edited by commander (8624 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

The difference in power between the ps3 and x360 was way bigger than the difference between the x1 and ps4. Only now the ps4 is the easiest platform to dev on.

The x1 is not nearly as difficult to dev on as the ps3 though.

#164 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

yeah, because for 8 years it was "teh ps3 is a super computer is curing cancer and x360 will never have a game look as good as XXXX because of teh cell" so of course, every time a multiplat looked better on 360 it had a thread made about it (and cows "didn't care" lol).

#165 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: StormyJoe reads the article. Notices the paragraph:

Since the console's launch last November, there's been controversy surrounding the apparent difficultiesdevelopers have when attempting to get their games running at 1080p resolution. June's update to the Xbox One software development kit--different than DirectX--opened up an additional 10 percent processing power for developers to use, which has helped some games like Destiny reach 1080p on the console.

Points at shewgenja and laughs.

Shewgenja reads this post and can't help but notice that the paragraph is about relinquishing GPU compute from Kinect, not DX12. Also notices StormyJoe is using a cross-gen cross-plat title as an example of how the XBone's resolution woes are "solved" and thus laughing at the Shew.

...and goes about his day.

Xbox One resolution woes have improved to a degree, for those who care I suppose. Any and everything that optimizes a consoles strengths and diminishes its weaknesses is a plus. Having said that, PS4 will have a ton more 1080p games and those that run at 1080p on the One will likely still struggle performance wise against the PS4 version. Those differences are up to each gamers opinion in terms of if they matter to you or not. For example, while I am not going to buy Destiny myself for the One, I put six or so hours in it and felt it looked great and played very smooth. If 900p is the sweet spot for Xbox On games I hope more devs focus on that even in the face of the "Resolution Mob", lol. But its a fact that the extra ten percent is helping the one as a number of games now are 1080p or 900p. I still dont give a shit if its 720p so long as the game kicks ass, but we're on system wars so....

#166 Posted by commander (8624 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable six years earlier.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

yet a 8800 gt still runs games better than a x360. Why? because that gpu is a bit stronger than the xenos gpu in the x360.

Optimization can only do so much. I'm not impressed by halo 4, but I've always been a pc gamer as well.

not impressed by Halo 4? running on 360 hardware? I smell bullshit.

I know what's in a x360. A game like dragon's dogma impressed me a lot more.

#167 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable six years earlier.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

yet a 8800 gt still runs games better than a x360. Why? because that gpu is a bit stronger than the xenos gpu in the x360.

Optimization can only do so much. I'm not impressed by halo 4, but I've always been a pc gamer as well.

not impressed by Halo 4? running on 360 hardware? I smell bullshit.

I know what's in a x360. A game like dragon's dogma impressed me a lot more.

Dragons Dogma? a game that needed black bars at the top and bottom of the screen in order to run?

do me a favour.

#168 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Would it be considered animal cruelty to keep ripping away lemming hopes and dreams like this?

Nope, but PS Now pricing is

lmao coming from the same people paying $30 extra for what they should be getting with XBLG. Make sure you cough up when Ubisoft and Activision copy the same model, Robby.

#169 Posted by commander (8624 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable six years earlier.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

yet a 8800 gt still runs games better than a x360. Why? because that gpu is a bit stronger than the xenos gpu in the x360.

Optimization can only do so much. I'm not impressed by halo 4, but I've always been a pc gamer as well.

not impressed by Halo 4? running on 360 hardware? I smell bullshit.

I know what's in a x360. A game like dragon's dogma impressed me a lot more.

Dragons Dogma? a game that needed black bars at the top and bottom of the screen in order to run?

do me a favour.

maybe you should have played it on a widescreen...

#170 Edited by AzatiS (8004 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

The difference in power between the ps3 and x360 was way bigger than the difference between the x1 and ps4. Only now the ps4 is the easiest platform to dev on.

The x1 is not nearly as difficult to dev on as the ps3 though.

lol..... Tell me you are joking ! :P

#172 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@evildead6789 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

The gen has only just begun.

It's not even really begun has it? most of the big stuff this year is cross gen and so there are likely to be compromises.

I reckon the first game that will give us a good example of what we can expect from this gen will be Arkham Knight, since it's skipping gen 7

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

well you will be eating your words...the best is yet to come. The games will look better and be better in scope.

Go look at Halo 4 on 360, un-imaginable six years earlier.

Some of the tech might have been in use, but the one thing that Consoles have in their favour is optimization. The devs know what they are working with and can optimize without having to factor in hundreds of different graphics cards / RAM combinations.

yet a 8800 gt still runs games better than a x360. Why? because that gpu is a bit stronger than the xenos gpu in the x360.

Optimization can only do so much. I'm not impressed by halo 4, but I've always been a pc gamer as well.

not impressed by Halo 4? running on 360 hardware? I smell bullshit.

I know what's in a x360. A game like dragon's dogma impressed me a lot more.

Dragons Dogma? a game that needed black bars at the top and bottom of the screen in order to run?

do me a favour.

maybe you should have played it on a widescreen...

I have a 48" 3D LED TV

#173 Edited by AzatiS (8004 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

yeah, because for 8 years it was "teh ps3 is a super computer is curing cancer and x360 will never have a game look as good as XXXX because of teh cell" so of course, every time a multiplat looked better on 360 it had a thread made about it (and cows "didn't care" lol).

Ps3 failed to offer what it got hyped for from Sony , period. But it was you lems laughing with it for 8 years. And guess what ? Graphical differences werent THAT big in the end of the day. Same FPS , resolutions , sometimes PS3 had the advantage somes not. Either way you were laughing over those tiny graphical differences for 8 years straight ... Now that gap is big ..why you crying over cows doing the same thing not more than few months?

Oh lol , who cares about resolution , lol who cares about FPS .... then lems were partying over... shadows being slightly better last gen ... thats hypocrisy !

Now ..cry a river too like cows did. Thats al lthere is to it .

#174 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

yeah, because for 8 years it was "teh ps3 is a super computer is curing cancer and x360 will never have a game look as good as XXXX because of teh cell" so of course, every time a multiplat looked better on 360 it had a thread made about it (and cows "didn't care" lol).

Ps3 failed to offer what it got hyped for from Sony , period. But it was you lems laughing with it for 8 years. And guess what ? Graphical differences werent THAT big in the end of the day. Same FPS , resolutions , sometimes PS3 had the advantage somes not. Now ..cry a river too like cows did. Thats al lthere is to it

No, the differences were very minor at the end of the day.

not sure why you'd think i'll be crying....I am buying multiplats on PS4 lol

#175 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

yeah, because for 8 years it was "teh ps3 is a super computer is curing cancer and x360 will never have a game look as good as XXXX because of teh cell" so of course, every time a multiplat looked better on 360 it had a thread made about it (and cows "didn't care" lol).

Ps3 failed to offer what it got hyped for from Sony , period. But it was you lems laughing with it for 8 years. And guess what ? Graphical differences werent THAT big in the end of the day. Same FPS , resolutions , sometimes PS3 had the advantage somes not. Now ..cry a river too like cows did. Thats al lthere is to it

No, the differences were very minor at the end of the day.

not sure why you'd think i'll be crying....I am buying multiplats on PS4 lol

Me too since they are superior to their xbone counterparts.

#176 Posted by tormentos (20008 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Yeah it's not, but keep believing it is.

EA Battlefield Hardline developer:

Leonid Melikhov: Have you had problems with the Xbox One’s eSRAM?

Ian Milham: No, absolutely not. The fact that we partnered for Sony for the beta we’re doing has nothing to do with what our development is on the Xbox One. All of our development on the Xbox One has been going great as well and it looks great on that platform.

Leonid Melikhov: How do you guys feel about DirectX 12?

Ian Milahm: They’re cooking up some pretty crazy stuff – the Frostbite team with the latest things. It’s always pretty impressive, we are going to try to get in every feature we can before we ship.

I included the question about eSRAM to make sure you understand the fact that they were talking about Xbox One, because you might think he meant for PC.

It's ok, don't cry, this isn't the first time you get owned, you always get up, and try again. Nice try ;)

First of all they are shooting for parity which mean they are holding the PS4 back there is no parity and it can't be.

Second the they are not talking about DX12 and the xbox one,in fact there is no mention of the xbox one on that sentence.

http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-hardline-interview-we-want-to-make-sure-that-we-deliver-on-peoples-expectations

The link you conveniently forgot to put,the DX12 part has nothing to do with ESRAM or the xbox one,and they are shooting for total parity which mean PS4 been held back.

Leonid Melikhov: The PS4 version is already confirmed 1080p/60fps. But what about the Xbox One version?

Ian Milham:Should be the same. If you look at the games that Visceral Games has made before, we have always strive for total parity between our platforms. Of course, the PC version, it will do whatever your PC can handle, and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will obviously not be as high res as compared to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions. But those two [PS4 and Xbox One] should be locked in together.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-hardline-interview-we-want-to-make-sure-that-we-deliver-on-peoples-expectations#2zW4a8dq0pGEOtyM.99

I may add that should be is not the same as it will be,Sniper Elite should have been 1080p 60FPS but it wasn't.

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@gpuking said:

Did any of you lems actually believed dx12 would bring you DAT 1080p? I weep for you if you did. The sooner you all accept the truth the sooner MS can kill off the Bone and bring out the successor, do not torture yourself with 792p, low fps and missing graphics features. God damn.

Where is tis 792p coming from. Ryse was 900p and 30 fps, Forza 5 was 1080p and 30 fps, CoD Ghosts was 900p and 60 fps, BF4 was 900p and 30 fps, Destiny and Alien Isolation are both confirmed by devs to be 1080p on the X1. So Im not sure where you are getting your info!

WTF are you smocking.?

Ghost was 720p on xbox one,so was BF4 as well 720p no 900p,Destiny is not out yet and hasn't been compare yet.

And Ryse has drops into the teens is mostly 28FPS not 30.

@sts106mat said:

lol still better than any PS4 racer.

good job ignoring destiny and Alien

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS Forza 5 = 1080p & 60fps

How is better Forza 5 look like sh** compare to Drive Club in fact it look last gen compare to Drive Club,Forza 5 had to basically give up everything to be able to pull 60FPS in 1080p,hell FH2 is 1080p 30FPS like Drive Club and look even worse than Forza 5.

The xbox one can achieve 1080p it has do so since launch,it just have to make sacrifices to do it in many games.

@evildead6789 said:

dude, that's why flops don't mean anything when you're talking about game consoles. Those numbers are right , wether you like it or not. The rsx maybe based of a 7800 gtx, it isn't a 7800 gtx.

If the 256 bit bus doesn't mean anything on the x1 gpu, why does the gts 250, 9800 gtx and 8800 gtx have a 256 bit bus. They're only half the power of a hd 7790 and have ddr3 as well. If i would follow your reasoning, nvidia would have given these cards a 256 bit bus for no reason. A gtx 660ti has a 192 bit bus, if the bit bus was just like a highway, this card would be severly bottlenecked, and this in a very competive market.

Numerous weaker cards have 256 bit busses , run at slower memory and clock speeds than the 660 ti, also in a competive market.

A bit bus isn't like a highway, Go to computer school and then start arguing with me, now you just making a fool of yourself. And again, the 256 bit is also needed to communicate with the esram.

You don't understand how bitrates work and all you do is try to get the pie of your face lol., all because you want your ps4 to be that much stronger than a xboxone.

Sadly, it isn't , it has an edge, but nothing like you make it out to be. Stop crying and telling lies

No the numbers weren't right it was based on non programmable crap,which was useless because it could nto be use.

660TI is a great example on how you are wrong,the 660TI has a 192 bit bus and 144GB/s bandwidth,yet it completely smokes the 7850 which has 256 bit bus and 153GB/s,the bus will not increase the GPU performance unless your GPU is heavily handicap by the bus,which in this case isn't the 7790 the full one that has 1.79TF has a 128bit bus,the xbox one has less power so yeah the 128 bit would have been fine,a 256 bit bus will not change anything.

The bus is where communication happen idiot,and is like a highway,if you have a 2 lane track and 500 cars to pass over that strack you will be bottleneck probably,compare to having those same 500 cars and a 4 lane strack.

In the case of the xbox one it has 3 cars and a 4 line track.

Go cry else where lemming you are making a fool of your self inventing crap,but but but the PS3 is 2 TF..lol

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos When you start a reaction with "STFU", you know no one will take you seriously... You just look like an angry teenager thinking he knows anything by reading SonyGAF, and just copy/pasting from there. Trying to hide the insecurity of buying the console you want to be the best, for some weird reason.

When you argue with some one who say the PS3 had 2 TF there is no other way to address them,my god the PS3 2 TF..lol

Not only a damn developer is telling you to your face that DX12 will not change anythjing

The introduction of Direct X 12 has caused quite a stir in the community, especially due to how little we know on how much the new API will actually help the Xbox One. Many developers expressed their opinion, with some going as far as making unrealistic statements about doubling the efficiency of the console’s GPU, and others holding on more conservative and realistic stances.

Microsoft’s Xbox division head honcho Phil Spencer gave a quite realistic assessment of what we can expect today on Twitter, explaining that the new API won’t bring a “massive change,” but will help:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/17/phil-spencer-directx-12-not-a-massive-change-for-xbox-one-explains-expectations-from-1st-party-studios/

From Phill Spencer it self...lol

#177 Posted by SoftwareGeek (539 posts) -

Alright. Let me explain something. Just because a game runs in 1080p doesn't mean the graphics are better than a game that doesn't. That's the most absurd argument I've ever heard. I'm running games on my ASUS ROG in 1080p that don't look nearly as good as some of the XB1 games that are coming out. They don't look as good as titanfall and it's not running 1080p. The whole 1080p argument is like saying a song sucks because it was recorded in the 1960's when the audio fidelity wasn't as good as it is today. That's just flat stupid and it's wrong. I'd rather have a great artist recording at 44.1k 16bit (cd quality) than a not-so-good artists recording at 192k 24bit (way beyond cd quality). The hardware is such a small part of it. What it all comes down to is how good the end product is. The end product is games. Good games are enjoyable no matter what the resolution. So get over it ps4 fanboys. If we wanna play numbers, you're system sucks compared to my ROG. You also have no cloud. Does that mean the ps4 sucks? Nope. Why? The ps4 is going to have good games to play just like the pc and just like the XB1.

#178 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

@AzatiS said:

@lostrib said:

Lol 1080p arguments

for a straight 8 years it was "we got slightly better graphics and 1-2 less glitches " from lems , declaring better graphics. Now that gap is way bigger than it was last gen ... its a lol right ?

yeah, because for 8 years it was "teh ps3 is a super computer is curing cancer and x360 will never have a game look as good as XXXX because of teh cell" so of course, every time a multiplat looked better on 360 it had a thread made about it (and cows "didn't care" lol).

Ps3 failed to offer what it got hyped for from Sony , period. But it was you lems laughing with it for 8 years. And guess what ? Graphical differences werent THAT big in the end of the day. Same FPS , resolutions , sometimes PS3 had the advantage somes not. Now ..cry a river too like cows did. Thats al lthere is to it

No, the differences were very minor at the end of the day.

not sure why you'd think i'll be crying....I am buying multiplats on PS4 lol

Me too since they are superior to their xbone counterparts.

definitely. The only way i'd definitely choose to go XB1 over PS4 for multiplats now is if maybe Mass Effect 4 on XB1 reads your save files from the X360 or there is some super exclusive content on a franchise i like....something like that.

To be honest, I haven't really seem too much of a difference between them (and i've spent more time with games on my XB1).

Still, Halo 5 makes it a must have console for me.

#179 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

lol still better than any PS4 racer.

good job ignoring destiny and Alien

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS Forza 5 = 1080p & 60fps

How is better Forza 5 look like sh** compare to Drive Club in fact it look last gen compare to Drive Club,Forza 5 had to basically give up everything to be able to pull 60FPS in 1080p,hell FH2 is 1080p 30FPS like Drive Club and look even worse than Forza 5.

The xbox one can achieve 1080p it has do so since launch,it just have to make sacrifices to do it in many games.

Oh sorry Mr McFly, i had you confused with Tormentos!

Good to know that you are back from your trip to the future and found driveclub to play better than Forza 5.

#180 Posted by tormentos (20008 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

From the moment you admit you are a fanboy of something, you can't really be taken seriously anymore on any subject regaring the competitors of the product itself.

lol this coming from you is a joke you are a blind biased lemming who all it does here is ride MS nuts.

Get this into your thick skull.

The PS4 GPU is equivalent to a 7850 or R265,the xbox one to a 7770 or R250X,there is not fu**ing way in hell that any API make the xbox one be on par is a physical impossibility,do you see developers saying their game will run better on the damn 7770 vs the 7850.? Yeah not 1 will do that.

You can say i am a fanboy and yes i am unlike you i don't deny defending sony,but my argument is based on hardware which is irrefutable period,you base your arguments on magic clouds,and magic api that some how will deliver parity while ignoring that Sniper Elite just release which was the poster child of parity just a few months ago is inferior on xbox one,and runs as much as 30FPS slower while having lower quality effects as well.

So who is really the fanboy here.?

@evildead6789 said:

@regnaston said:

@mikhail said:

Sometimes reading these topics is a lot like watching a bunch of orangutans discuss theoretical physics.

best line of the thread :D

if you guys are so smart why don't you give some input. I'm sure you understand how a bit bus works , don't you?

Is not call a bit bus you hermit wannabe,is call a bus the bit size is how wide the bus is butthurt lemming..hahahaha

Now pretend to be other thing because a hermit you are not and you don't full any one.

#181 Posted by intotheminx (869 posts) -

This whole "1080p/60fps" argument is getting pretty dumb. Most games are perfectly playable at a locked 30 fps. I think developers should aim for that when making games on the Xbox One.

#182 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

XBLG isn't mandatory if you want EA Access... But nice try, call me when PS+ has FIFA 14, Madden, BF4 on PS+ for the PS4, because they already should be having this, right?

What self-respecting lemming paying for EA Access hasn't already got Gold? Those games will be showing up on the IGC long before they turn up on GWG now.

Enjoy paying up like a good lemming, Robby.

#183 Posted by StormyJoe (6487 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: StormyJoe reads the article. Notices the paragraph:

Since the console's launch last November, there's been controversy surrounding the apparent difficultiesdevelopers have when attempting to get their games running at 1080p resolution. June's update to the Xbox One software development kit--different than DirectX--opened up an additional 10 percent processing power for developers to use, which has helped some games like Destiny reach 1080p on the console.

Points at shewgenja and laughs.

Shewgenja reads this post and can't help but notice that the paragraph is about relinquishing GPU compute from Kinect, not DX12. Also notices StormyJoe is using a cross-gen cross-plat title as an example of how the XBone's resolution woes are "solved" and thus laughing at the Shew.

...and goes about his day.

*cough* Doom 4 *cough*

#184 Posted by Shewgenja (10798 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: StormyJoe reads the article. Notices the paragraph:

Since the console's launch last November, there's been controversy surrounding the apparent difficultiesdevelopers have when attempting to get their games running at 1080p resolution. June's update to the Xbox One software development kit--different than DirectX--opened up an additional 10 percent processing power for developers to use, which has helped some games like Destiny reach 1080p on the console.

Points at shewgenja and laughs.

Shewgenja reads this post and can't help but notice that the paragraph is about relinquishing GPU compute from Kinect, not DX12. Also notices StormyJoe is using a cross-gen cross-plat title as an example of how the XBone's resolution woes are "solved" and thus laughing at the Shew.

...and goes about his day.

*cough* Doom 4 *cough*

I think it's safe to say that so far, 1080p on the XBone is the exception rather than the rule.

#186 Posted by StormyJoe (6487 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: StormyJoe reads the article. Notices the paragraph:

Since the console's launch last November, there's been controversy surrounding the apparent difficultiesdevelopers have when attempting to get their games running at 1080p resolution. June's update to the Xbox One software development kit--different than DirectX--opened up an additional 10 percent processing power for developers to use, which has helped some games like Destiny reach 1080p on the console.

Points at shewgenja and laughs.

Shewgenja reads this post and can't help but notice that the paragraph is about relinquishing GPU compute from Kinect, not DX12. Also notices StormyJoe is using a cross-gen cross-plat title as an example of how the XBone's resolution woes are "solved" and thus laughing at the Shew.

...and goes about his day.

*cough* Doom 4 *cough*

I think it's safe to say that so far, 1080p on the XBone is the exception rather than the rule.

*cough* Halo 5 *cough*

Jeez, it's dusty in here...

#187 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher I don't see any reason why a Xbox gamer SHOULD have XBLG, and if he doesn't can't be interested in EA Access... You shouldn't make such dumb generalizations. And paying up? If you really think PS Now prices have better value than EA Access, then there is no point in arguing anymore.

Let's be honest, it's a safe assumption to make at this point. Didn't say anything about PS Now either (and if you do want to know, I think the pricing is ridiculous).

#189 Posted by tormentos (20008 posts) -

@kaealy said:

I don't even remember when I started out with 1080p on my PC.

Fun fact, Quake was coded on a 1080p monitor in 1995.

Probably not to far away,1080p wasn't an adopted resolution until after 2005 or 2006,it would have been more common for you to do 1920x1200 than 1920x1080p.

On 1994 was basically invented 1080p it didn't take off until way way after so i don't think quake was in any form 1080p in 1995.

@FastRobby said:

Nope, but PS Now pricing is

Incredible enough PSN Now is not mandatory,so yeah only morons fall for that crap.

@evildead6789 said:

doesn't matter, the witcher devs are only one dev, and imo, not a very good one

Wolfenstein seems to run just fine on the x1. Let's see what happens with other games that are released this year

For real.?

id Tech 5 was designed from the ground up for 60fps gameplay, so what kind of results could be extracted from it now all the power of the new generation of consoles is at its disposal? With last week's release of Machine Games' Wolfenstein: The New Order, we finally found out. In our initial performance analysis, we went in search of the first cross-platform 1080p60 first-person shooter and while the game mostly delivered, the discovery of a dynamic resolution suggested that, once again, PlayStation 4 had managed to trump its Microsoft rival.

Having now completed our analysis, it's clear that the PS4 gains an advantage with smaller drops in resolution that occur less frequently than they do on Xbox One. Metrics in the area of 1760x1080 are found on PS4, while on the Xbox One this can drop to an extreme of 960x1080 in some scenes. This is usually identifiable by an increase in the amount of jaggies on screen, along with a slightly fuzzier appearance to the already gritty aesthetic that Machine Games employs throughout the game.

Meanwhile, shadow quality on the PS4 is a match for the PC game with the effect at its second highest setting, although on the Xbox One these elements appear to operate using lower PCF (percentage closer filtering) sample counts which results in a more jagged shadows.

The PS4 holds up the closest in delivering a native 1080p experience at 60fps, so benefits from slightly more consistent image quality. As such, once again it's the PS4 release that is our preferred console choice.

The x1 version of Wolfenstein drops resolution like a bitch and while the PS4 drops resolution as well,it does so less often and and drops way less than the xbox one version.

@evildead6789 said:

cross gen, yeah maybe, but this isn't really like the cross gens of the past.

The hardware in the consoles is outdated, it was already put to use since 2007 , when crysis released. This wasn't the case in the past. I'll doubt we'll see much innovation of these next gen consoles.

Dude the PS4 GPU is way more advance than any 2007 GPU what the fu** are you smoking find me a GPU with PRT or DX11 features let alone DX12 and Opengl 4.4+ features.

@evildead6789 said:

The difference in power between the ps3 and x360 was way bigger than the difference between the x1 and ps4. Only now the ps4 is the easiest platform to dev on.

The x1 is not nearly as difficult to dev on as the ps3 though.

No it wasn't for that they are the HD twins.

@FastRobby said:

XBLG isn't mandatory if you want EA Access... But nice try, call me when PS+ has FIFA 14, Madden, BF4 on PS+ for the PS4, because they already should be having this, right?

Call me when you get from other developer on EA service..

You see the problem with this is that EA are few not a majority,while PSN+ give you games from different developers EA will only give you access to some of their games,and don't expect the hot ones close to launch.

By the way the PS3 got this month on PSN+ Crysis 3 you do know that game is publish by EA right.?

This is the problem with you,PSN+ on PS4 will progressively get better on PS4 much better.

@sts106mat said:

Oh sorry Mr McFly, i had you confused with Tormentos!

Good to know that you are back from your trip to the future and found driveclub to play better than Forza 5.

Yeah change the argument from graphics to quality,considering that DC is not out and that Forza 5 scored 80 on meta and 79 on gamerankings which even GT6 was able to beat,i would not be so sure about it been better than Drive Club.

#190 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

*cough* Doom 4 *cough*

So, like iD tech 5, dynamic resolution then? Like Wolfenstein, it'll drop harder on the Bone.

@StormyJoe said:

*cough* Halo 5 *cough*

Jeez, it's dusty in here...

A year old article about a game not out for a year. Good job, Joey.

#191 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

Oh sorry Mr McFly, i had you confused with Tormentos!

Good to know that you are back from your trip to the future and found driveclub to play better than Forza 5.

Yeah change the argument from graphics to quality,considering that DC is not out and that Forza 5 scored 80 on meta and 79 on gamerankings which even GT6 was able to beat,i would not be so sure about it been better than Drive Club.

Who's changing the argument? you mentioned Drive Club.

The person i originally quoted laughed at Forza 5 and said "Lol on rails racer"

I replied with "better than any PS4 racer"

whats is the problem with that?

#192 Posted by Gue1 (11234 posts) -

@softwaregeek said:

Alright. Let me explain something. Just because a game runs in 1080p doesn't mean the graphics are better than a game that doesn't. That's the most absurd argument I've ever heard. I'm running games on my ASUS ROG in 1080p that don't look nearly as good as some of the XB1 games that are coming out. They don't look as good as titanfall and it's not running 1080p. The whole 1080p argument is like saying a song sucks because it was recorded in the 1960's when the audio fidelity wasn't as good as it is today. That's just flat stupid and it's wrong. I'd rather have a great artist recording at 44.1k 16bit (cd quality) than a not-so-good artists recording at 192k 24bit (way beyond cd quality). The hardware is such a small part of it. What it all comes down to is how good the end product is. The end product is games. Good games are enjoyable no matter what the resolution. So get over it ps4 fanboys. If we wanna play numbers, you're system sucks compared to my ROG. You also have no cloud. Does that mean the ps4 sucks? Nope. Why? The ps4 is going to have good games to play just like the pc and just like the XB1.

@FastRobby said:

Shooting for parity doesn't mean holding back PS4... As if PS4 version could have been 1440p... You are reading things that aren't being said. The reason I put that piece of eSRAM in it, was because that was the question they asked BEFORE the DX12 question, to make sure you understood that they are talking about the Xbox One. Normal people could have seen this, but a cow with Sony goggles...

This kind of behavior has a name: Denial.

#193 Posted by StormyJoe (6487 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

*cough* Doom 4 *cough*

So, like iD tech 5, dynamic resolution then? Like Wolfenstein, it'll drop harder on the Bone.

@StormyJoe said:

*cough* Halo 5 *cough*

Jeez, it's dusty in here...

A year old article about a game not out for a year. Good job, Joey.

Facts are facts. MS has not said "Halo 5 will not be 1080p/60fps" since that article, have they? ID did not say "the XB1 version of Doom 4 will not be 1080p/60FPS", did they?

Nope on both counts.

#194 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Facts are facts. MS has not said "Halo 5 will not be 1080p/60fps" since that article, have they? ID did not say "the XB1 version of Doom 4 will not be 1080p/60FPS", did they?

Nope on both counts.

H2A is looking flaky at being 1080p 60fps. You won't hear anything about H5's framerate for another year either.

I'd tell you to get ready for disappointment, but you're a lemming so you should be used to it by now.

#195 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

I said something about PS Now in the beginning, you started about EA Access as a reaction on it... Try to keep up kiddo

If only I cared about PS Now.

EA Access is as big a con as Now, at least Ubisoft and Activision are unlikely to copy the latter.

#197 Posted by StormyJoe (6487 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Facts are facts. MS has not said "Halo 5 will not be 1080p/60fps" since that article, have they? ID did not say "the XB1 version of Doom 4 will not be 1080p/60FPS", did they?

Nope on both counts.

H2A is looking flaky at being 1080p 60fps. You won't hear anything about H5's framerate for another year either.

I'd tell you to get ready for disappointment, but you're a lemming so you should be used to it by now.

Everyone "in the know", including the "insiders" at NeoGAF that you cows cling to like messiahs, have said that with time the XB1 will be able to consistently hit 1080p/60fps. Now that it is starting to happen, you cows chant "that's an anomaly" because it ruins your "PS4 is teh Godbox" belief.

It's kind of fun to watch.

#198 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Everyone "in the know", including the "insiders" at NeoGAF that you cows cling to like messiahs, have said that with time the XB1 will be able to consistently hit 1080p/60fps. Now that it is starting to happen, you cows chant "that's an anomaly" because it ruins your "PS4 is teh Godbox" belief.

It's kind of fun to watch.

And it's always with cross-gen games and games a year off. Keep clinging to the belief that one day the Shitbox will be a halfway decent console. It's kind of fun to watch.

#199 Edited by StormyJoe (6487 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Everyone "in the know", including the "insiders" at NeoGAF that you cows cling to like messiahs, have said that with time the XB1 will be able to consistently hit 1080p/60fps. Now that it is starting to happen, you cows chant "that's an anomaly" because it ruins your "PS4 is teh Godbox" belief.

It's kind of fun to watch.

And it's always with cross-gen games and games a year off. Keep clinging to the belief that one day the Shitbox will be a halfway decent console. It's kind of fun to watch.

The XBox One is a great console - so is the PS4. That's the difference between you and me - I may like the XBox One over the PS4, but I don't bash the PS4 (in fact, I plan on getting one). I can admit the competition has merit. You cannot - because you are a moo-cow fanboy.

So, I could give you hundreds of links to back up what I said - and you would not believe any of them because it goes against your fanboy ideals. Kind of sad...

Oh, one more thing: RE remake 1080p on PS4 & XBox One.

#200 Posted by tormentos (20008 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Shooting for parity doesn't mean holding back PS4... As if PS4 version could have been 1440p... You are reading things that aren't being said. The reason I put that piece of eSRAM in it, was because that was the question they asked BEFORE the DX12 question, to make sure you understood that they are talking about the Xbox One. Normal people could have seen this, but a cow with Sony goggles...

@GrenadeLauncher I don't see any reason why a Xbox gamer SHOULD have XBLG, and if he doesn't can't be interested in EA Access... You shouldn't make such dumb generalizations. And paying up? If you really think PS Now prices have better value than EA Access, then there is no point in arguing anymore.

If you have a Hyundai Accent and i have a Hyundai Genesis and i decide to stay side by side with you,it isn't because our cars are on par.

No matter what the PS4 has extra resources,and they don't need to be place on higher resolution,the PS4 version can be 1080p 60FPS like the xbox one version but have better image quality,low on xbox one mid to high on PS4.

And i want you to remember that developer call their games 60FPS but there is a far cry from it,Sniper elite is call 1080p 60FPS when it really isn't,BF4 is call 60FPS and it isn't either on xbox one,is 10 FPS slower on average vs the PS4.

So while they claim that 1080p 60FPS should be the same as on ps4,that doesn't mean it will be and we know how several games on xbox one have fail on that front,the ones that do hold the 60FPS,like Wolfenstein have dynamic resolution on xbox one and drop to hell when action get intense,or like MGS5 60 FPS but 720 while the PS4 version is 1080p how do you ignore so much examples of this is beyond logic but yeah i am the fanboy..lol