DX10 gives the momentum back to the HERMITS...

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
Alan Wake already looks better than CrysisThug_Pikachu
Not even close.
Dave_NBF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Dave_NBF
Member since 2005 • 1974 Posts
i remember when I got far cry back in 04 then HL2....I had a rig that could play those on max.  The difference in sound, immersion, scope and graphics and physics between hl2 and halo2....was incredible. The same is going to be said when crysis and future games get released on PC's.  However I am going to wait to get a new rig when powerful quad or octo core CPU's are out and DX10 has matured. I can't justify dx10 right now when the return on immediate investment is too small.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

I can't see myself jumping on the DX10 band wagon any time soon, if at all.  It's not a small upgrade required for me, it's a new computer all together.

As for 360, it's not even a consideration for me...

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Terami
Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.Runningflame570
I know I'm sick of the hassles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
deactivated-5d560a230ad3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
Member since 2004 • 1546 Posts

PCs can incorporate the latest in graphical advancements--both software and hardware related.  As a result, PC games will always have an inherent advantage over console games. 

Sound pretty redundant?  Yeah, it does to me too...

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="Runningflame570"]Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.Terami

What hassles. I don't get any hassles.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
[QUOTE="Terami"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.baddog121390

I get hassles. I get problems on my PC as well. Sometimes it takes me days to figure it out. But I do. And when I do, I just got that much smarter. And to me, thats what life is all about. D
Avatar image for NegativeBalance
NegativeBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NegativeBalance
Member since 2004 • 622 Posts
I like PC because most of the games are better and PC has strategy games.
dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

Dx10 games:

Crysis, CC3, Huxley (with patch?), Hellgate London, Flight sim X (with patch), UT3, Bioshock (with patch?), Supreme Commander, Halo 2, and Alan wake. Their will be more, tho they arnt conformed DX10 titles like some i have posted. DX10 isnt just graphics, it also deals with faster speeds, as unified shaders become the norm and the API has almost no overhead.

F-Minus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 F-Minus
Member since 2005 • 1009 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]what else on PC other than Crysis needs Direct 10 ?Thug_Pikachu
Crysis doesn't need DX10. But upcoming games on PC that support DX10 would be SupremeCommander, Alan Wake, Age of Conan, UT3...

but again what games on PC REQUIRE dx10

You could ask the same question ~3 years ago; What games on PC require DX 9.0?

Pointless question. Right now no game requires DX 10.0 as it only comes with the new OS Windows Vista, and making games in this timeframe that require you to have DX 10.0 would be suicide for the developers as there is no such thing as mass merging from XP to Vista. In a year or so you'll start seeing games poping up that require DX 10.0 to run.
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
Gears of War has the best graphics of ANY game out on the market. But when Crysis and DX10 come out, if that game looks way better than Gears (Pictures don't lie), will it give the PC back the momentum as the best system to play games on?

Right now it is highly debatable considering that the 360 has the best sports, shooters, racing, sandbox, and rpg games out on it. Sure you can supe up your PC to have way more power right now than the 360, but still no PC game beats Gears so that $$ is a waste if you can't beat a $400 console. DX 10 video cards are at least $400 alone. I think people will pay it if the games look and play that much better. AS for now, these are the best games out and they are on the 360.

Sports: Madden 07, Top Spin 2, Fight Night Rd. 3
Racing: PGR3, Test Drive, Burn out Revenge
Shooter: GRAW, Rainbow 6, GEARS
Sandbox: Saints Row, Crackdown
RPG: Oblvion, Blue Dragon
Action Adventure: Kameo
Fighting: DOA4

It's currently the best system to play games on considering it has among the best games in most all game categories.

But if DX10 begins to squash the competition in visual quality and gameplay, will game companies want to shift their focus to DX10 and give up on console games?
lawsonboy

I could go off and list all the great PC games out right now, but I'll just drop a few facts:
1. DX10 will not improve gameplay.  It will, however, vastly improve graphics
2. DX10 cards only cost $300, and the price will drop extremely rapidly in coming months
3. Computers have always had more AAA/AA games than consoles for each generation
4. Gaming PCs can come for as low as $600 these days
5. Crysis looks much better than Gears when it's running on DirectX 9
I'll also go on to say that PCs still own the shooter and rpg genres.  Out of your examples, only Gears is 360 exclusive, and there are easily games to rival it.  Oblivion is much better on PC, and there are many rpgs, including almost all mmos, that are PC exclusive.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
[QUOTE="lawsonboy"]Gears of War has the best graphics of ANY game out on the market. But when Crysis and DX10 come out, if that game looks way better than Gears (Pictures don't lie), will it give the PC back the momentum as the best system to play games on?

Right now it is highly debatable considering that the 360 has the best sports, shooters, racing, sandbox, and rpg games out on it. Sure you can supe up your PC to have way more power right now than the 360, but still no PC game beats Gears so that $$ is a waste if you can't beat a $400 console. DX 10 video cards are at least $400 alone. I think people will pay it if the games look and play that much better. AS for now, these are the best games out and they are on the 360.

It's currently the best system to play games on considering it has among the best games in most all game categories.

But if DX10 begins to squash the competition in visual quality and gameplay, will game companies want to shift their focus to DX10 and give up on console games?
psycotictaratua

I could go off and list all the great PC games out right now, but I'll just drop a few facts:
1. DX10 will not improve gameplay.  It will, however, vastly improve graphics
2. DX10 cards only cost $300, and the price will drop extremely rapidly in coming months
3. Computers have always had more AAA/AA games than consoles for each generation
4. Gaming PCs can come for as low as $600 these days
5. Crysis looks much better than Gears when it's running on DirectX 9
I'll also go on to say that PCs still own the shooter and rpg genres.  Out of your examples, only Gears is 360 exclusive, and there are easily games to rival it.  Oblivion is much better on PC, and there are many rpgs, including almost all mmos, that are PC exclusive.

On number 5 I would have to agree. It looks very good for DX9. I mean very good. The DX10 does walk all over it but if you had never seen the DX10 version you would be in aww.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#64 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

Dx10 games:

Crysis, CC3, Huxley (with patch?), Hellgate London, Flight sim X (with patch), UT3, Bioshock (with patch?), Supreme Commander, Halo 2, and Alan wake. Their will be more, tho they arnt conformed DX10 titles like some i have posted. DX10 isnt just graphics, it also deals with faster speeds, as unified shaders become the norm and the API has almost no overhead.

dracolich666
But none of these games require DX10. You'll have the same gameplay and still awesome graphics under  DX9. ;)
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Terami

[QUOTE="Terami"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"]Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.baddog121390

Sure you don't. 
I get hassles. I get problems on my PC as well. Sometimes it takes me days to figure it out. But I do. And when I do, I just got that much smarter. And to me, thats what life is all about. DTheCrazed420
Too bad not all hassles can be fixed at your end.  Developers have been releasing way to many unfinished games on the PC as of late.  Problem solving makes you smarter but can you say the same thing about buying unfinished software? 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.Runningflame570

I like the customization of PC games and I like PC games much better. Graphics isn't why I play PC games.......

When you guys get SupCom, let me know.....
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
[QUOTE="Runningflame570"]Theres just this little matter of console gamers not giving a crap...I sure as heck don't. PCs are all well and nice to game on occasionally but I really don't see how anyone would want to go through all the associated hassles of it just to get some better looking titles.trix5817

I like the customization of PC games and I like PC games much better. Graphics isn't why I play PC games.......

When you guys get SupCom, let me know.....

Well thats your opinion and you are welcome to it. Myself on the otherhand I find there are few adaptations I can even make to settings on the newer titles I own without the framerate jerking like a dateless guy at prom. Mods are another consideration but I really haven't done that with too many games because I rarely care to..there is something to be said for customization, but I don't care for it typically and thats my opinion.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

The PC, like it has done in the past, as it's doing right now, and will do in the future will always have better graphics, if not shortly after any console launch, already have better graphics before console launches.

PC Ownzzz any console for graphics.

That's of course if you have the dough to spill every couple years.

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

Typical Textures in Direct X 10 procedurally created by the gpu itself, will the consoles be able to match this?

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Gears of War has the best graphics of ANY game out on the market.  But when Crysis and DX10 come out, if that game looks way better than Gears (Pictures don't lie), will it give the PC back the momentum as the best system to play games on?

Right now it is highly debatable considering that the 360 has the best sports, shooters, racing, sandbox, and rpg games out on it.  Sure you can supe up your PC to have way more power right now than the 360, but still no PC game beats Gears so that $$ is a waste if you can't beat a $400 console.  DX 10 video cards are at least $400 alone.  I think people will pay it if the games look and play that much better.  AS for now, these are the best games out and they are on the 360.

Sports:  Madden 07, Top Spin 2, Fight Night Rd. 3
Racing:  PGR3, Test Drive, Burn out Revenge
Shooter:  GRAW, Rainbow 6, GEARS
Sandbox:  Saints Row, Crackdown
RPG:  Oblvion, Blue Dragon
Fighting:  DOA4

lawsonboy
so many of the games you named is also on pc and better on pc, gears is really all x360 has going for it
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="lawsonboy"]Gears of War has the best graphics of ANY game out on the market. But when Crysis and DX10 come out, if that game looks way better than Gears (Pictures don't lie), will it give the PC back the momentum as the best system to play games on?

imprezawrx500
so many of the games you named is also on pc and better on pc, gears is really all x360 has going for it

Well, Mass Effect looks good too.