DvD9 at a disadvantage when displaying in HD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

I didnt think the media the information is delivered on had anything to with quality(1080i/p, 720p). I thought it was a matter of how many comands could be stored on that media for the device to read and the resolution would be up to the user

Isnt it hardware related to availible ram? The more availible dedicated to GPU = more textures at any given resolution

Read>Render>Display work.

Because everyone is like "GTA4 will suck on DVD compared to blu-ray"

tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

I didnt think the media the information is delivered on had anything to with quality(1080i/p, 720p). I thought it was a matter of how many comands could be stored on that media for the device to read and the resolution would be up to the user

Isnt it hardware related to availible ram? The more availible dedicated to GPU = more textures at any given resolution

Read>Render>Display work.

Because everyone is like "GTA4 will suck on DVD compared to blu-ray"

Pro_wrestler

Hi-def format take a tons of space, that's why. (the amount of texture, hi-def sound, hi-def movies)

How many games have hi-def sound ?
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
You are right. HD can be displayed with DVD. The Problem is that HD video at 8mb/s or greatter (good quality) takes too much space for DVD to be a good video disk for HD. Games on the other hand suffer less from the lack of space. DVD can handle Big HD games at least for the standars of this year and maybe next too.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
The format does not have anything to do with image quality (except its size). It is the device reading the disc that matters more.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
The format does not have anything to do with image quality (except its size). It is the device reading the disc that matters more. Tulak_Hord
Hmm! Ok, question answered, thanks. /thread.