Durango, more like Lolango. GPU weaker than expected.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OctaBech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 OctaBech
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

.....and in the end, PC is, and always will be, the superior gaming platform.

Primordialous

With no games. Congrats on shelling out money to have more blades of grass! lol

Starcraft II

DOTA 2

DayZ

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

GMOD

Civilization V

Torchlight 2

Need I say more? That's just a fraction of good PC exclusives, and is still two times as much as any decent Xbox exclusives.

Not really a single graphical marvel among those. Sure they are good exclusives but the consoles got exclusives too, so not really a good indicator of PC being superior.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

My PC exclusives that I actually care a lot about:

1. TF2

2.TL2

3. Half Life 2

4. Deus Ex

As you can see its a very small list. I have more Wii games I care more about than that. Guess what that means? Nothing is the superior platform for games if you got an opinion! Yay! :D

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]With no games. Congrats on shelling out money to have more blades of grass! lol

OctaBech

Starcraft II

DOTA 2

DayZ

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

GMOD

Civilization V

Torchlight 2

Need I say more? That's just a fraction of good PC exclusives, and is still two times as much as any decent Xbox exclusives.

Not really a single graphical marvel among those. Sure they are good exclusives but the consoles got exclusives too, so not really a good indicator of PC being superior.

Take a look at some Xbox exclusives, most of them are just timed and waiting to go to PC or elsewhere. Halo will soon be going to PC, along with a good chunk of the other exclusives. 

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Playstation is looking like the only console for serious gamers at this point

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#155 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
these may or may not be the cards MS was holding close to their chest, but I'm curious what last minute changes they could make to the system depending on what Sony reveals on the 20th, after all even Sony is rumored to be considering doubling the RAM from 4GB of DDR5 to 8GB, that would be great if they could, I'm curious what MS could actually do to their proposed system last minute to increase confidence in its capabilities MS really should be more concerned about having the stronger console, using those deep pockets while they can, considering they've much smaller 1st party development than Sony they should be more concerned about offering a better console for multiplatform games, if Sony takes that from them and all they have is Kinect 2.0 to set themselves apart then they're asking to be ignored, especially with paid LIVE, I thought having Xbox 360 BC could have gone a long way to compliment a worthy effort but without a strong effort from MS no amount of BC is going to help them next gen
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#156 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Douevenlift_bro

Yep, I'm for sure getting a PS4 if the rumors are true.

No reason to waste time and money on kinect junk and a gimped system.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Douevenlift_bro
Stop riding Sony's junk so much. There are no official specs for either system yet and you are already dry humping the PS4.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

CanYouDiglt

Stop riding Sony's junk so much. There are no official specs for either system yet and you are already dry humping the PS4.

Mind your own business lemming!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It pisses me off Bayonetta 2 is only wiiu.

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggh!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"]Looks like one of the xbox devs that was giving some info and is credible, says the specs are real. '' Originally Posted by aegies: View Post I said the leaks are accurate as of last February, because that's the date on all the documentation I've seen. Smart posters should be able to figure out why. ===================================================== Because the specs didn't change. Simply as that. Alpha kits -> Beta kits -> Final kits'' http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47291466&postcount=678

Tessellation commit suicide..:lol: But but lets wait for Kotaku specs..
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

CanYouDiglt

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]Looks like one of the xbox devs that was giving some info and is credible, says the specs are real. '' Originally Posted by aegies: View Post I said the leaks are accurate as of last February, because that's the date on all the documentation I've seen. Smart posters should be able to figure out why. ===================================================== Because the specs didn't change. Simply as that. Alpha kits -> Beta kits -> Final kits'' http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47291466&postcount=678tormentos

What exactly are the specs? Can you post a link to the full topic?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 StrongBlackVine

GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.faizan_faizan

As long as PS4 is the lead platform and doesn't get held back the the 720's inferior hardware I don't care.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="killzowned24"]Looks like one of the xbox devs that was giving some info and is credible, says the specs are real. '' Originally Posted by aegies: View Post I said the leaks are accurate as of last February, because that's the date on all the documentation I've seen. Smart posters should be able to figure out why. ===================================================== Because the specs didn't change. Simply as that. Alpha kits -> Beta kits -> Final kits'' http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47291466&postcount=678StrongBlackVine

What exactly are the specs? Can you post a link to the full topic?

From what I gather it looks like this.

16ROPS vs 32ROPS

1.2TFLOPS vs 1.8TFLOPS

8GB DDR3 /32MB ESRAM vs 4GB GDDR5

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.StrongBlackVine

As long as PS4 is the lead platform and doesn't get held back the the 720's inferior hardware I don't care.

I was talking about exclusives, It all comes down to Devs actually, Maybe we'll see better 720 Exclusives, Or maybe we'll see better PS4 Exclusives, As for multiplats, Nothing will change actually, It will be just like it was previous gen Better Graphics + Bit Creativity, That's it, I'm expecting something good from the exclusives.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#167 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

lmao Lolango that is a good one TC :lol:

BTW if 720 is weaker than PS4 its dead.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.StrongBlackVine

That's the real beauty part of it. Since the PS4 is using a far simpler design than the 720 (at least, assuming the rumors about the low-powered GPU and EDram are correct), the developers won't have to work hard to get extra wizard **** out of the PS4 like they will the Lolango.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.faizan_faizan

I was talking about exclusives, It all comes down to Devs actually, Maybe we'll see better 720 Exclusives, Or maybe we'll see better PS4 Exclusives, As for multiplats, Nothing will change actually, It will be just like it was previous gen Better Graphics + Bit Creativity, That's it, I'm expecting something good from the exclusives.

Multiplats should definitely change. PS4 got inferior versions way too often. With the PS4 being developer friendly they should at least be on par.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

Multiplats should definitely change. PS4 got inferior versions way too often. With the PS4 being developer friendly they should at least be on par.

One thing is for sure, Exclusives will be better than multiplats, Multiplats will be the same on both consoles just like always, Since i haven't seen anything yet, I can't comment much more on the multiplats side.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Shewgenja

..Multiplats will be the same on both consoles just like always, Since i haven't seen anything yet, I can't comment much more on the multiplats side.faizan_faizan
I think you are wrong. There is no need to run to EDRam on the PS4 and it will have faster VMEM. This will make coding for PS4 pretty simple in relativity to the 720. Developers are going to have to actually work harder to make up for the constraint of having slower memory to contend with and break their code down to run efficiently with the EDRAM. If the 720 doesn't take off very well, some developers might not mess with it altogether and that means far lower resolutions passing to the upscaler (relative to PS4, it will still perform a bit better than 360, at least).

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.Shewgenja

That's the real beauty part of it. Since the PS4 is using a far simpler design than the 720 (at least, assuming the rumors about the low-powered GPU and EDram are correct), the developers won't have to work hard to get extra wizard **** out of the PS4 like they will the Lolango.

Both are using, apparently, the exact same CPU and the same family of GPU's.  Its going to be remarkably easy to compare them next gen compared to any other gen of consoles (they are almost the same machines this time from a core hardware perspective).  

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#173 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
SW needs to stop being so obsessed with console tech rumors. This is sad.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Shewgenja

[QUOTE="Shewgenja"]

Cali3350

Both are using, apparently, the exact same CPU and the same family of GPU's.  Its going to be remarkably easy to compare them next gen compared to any other gen of consoles (they are almost the same machines this time from a core hardware perspective).  

That is, pardon me, a laughable assumption. As the generation matures and Sony puts together better packages for LibGCM to run on their machine, that difference is going to stretch far beyond the sum of their parts. The Direct X abstraction layer alone guarantees this. Comparing GDDR5 to GDDR3 is going to make that difference stark.. IF, the developers don't bother with re-coding for the 720's wizard piss. Even then, equal work on both consoles will pay bigger dividends on the PS4, so it is a wash in PS4's favor as things stand.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="Cali3350"]

[QUOTE="Shewgenja"] That's the real beauty part of it. Since the PS4 is using a far simpler design than the 720 (at least, assuming the rumors about the low-powered GPU and EDram are correct), the developers won't have to work hard to get extra wizard **** out of the PS4 like they will the Lolango.

Shewgenja

Both are using, apparently, the exact same CPU and the same family of GPU's. Its going to be remarkably easy to compare them next gen compared to any other gen of consoles (they are almost the same machines this time from a core hardware perspective).

That is, pardon me, a laughable assumption. As the generation matures and Sony puts together better packages for LibGCM to run on their machine, that difference is going to stretch far beyond the sum of their parts. The Direct X abstraction layer alone guarantees this. Comparing GDDR5 to GDDR3 is going to make that difference stark.. IF, the developers don't bother with re-coding for the 720's wizard piss. Even then, equal work on both consoles will pay bigger dividends on the PS4, so it is a wash in PS4's favor as things stand.

I have no idea why MS thought it might be a good idea to use one of the weakest aspects of the ps3, the split ram.

Someone is going to get fired.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]..Multiplats will be the same on both consoles just like always, Since i haven't seen anything yet, I can't comment much more on the multiplats side.Shewgenja

I think you are wrong. There is no need to run to EDRam on the PS4 and it will have faster VMEM. This will make coding for PS4 pretty simple in relativity to the 720. Developers are going to have to actually work harder to make up for the constraint of having slower memory to contend with and break their code down to run efficiently with the EDRAM. If the 720 doesn't take off very well, some developers might not mess with it altogether and that means far lower resolutions passing to the upscaler (relative to PS4, it will still perform a bit better than 360, at least).

Apparently, None of that matters, Sales matter, If people buy 720 even if it is far inferior than PS4 (Stupid People) then Devs will NOT make any version any different than each other.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Douevenlift_bro

GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.faizan_faizan
lol is that what you're telling yourself?

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Douevenlift_bro

CanYouDiglt

Kinect + online fee's + losing exclusives for XBox, Wii-U is a non factor, PS has the momentum right now with appealing to serious gamers.

The other two guys are trying take a piece of Apple's pie lol

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Lolango. Ahhh hahahahahahahah.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.Douevenlift_bro

What do you mean? I'm not on either 720's or PS4's side.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]GPU isn't everything, Even if 720 has a inferior GPU compared to PS4 and has a decent CPU and devs develop a game by keeping the CPU in mind then you'll see more creative and innovative games, If Devs only take GPU and develop a game then it would only look good and everything else would be mediocre.faizan_faizan

Youre a very optimistic guy my friend.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

would have been awesome and funny if you had put this as pc in there as well: 

Rings-gandalf_288x288.jpg

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]lol is that what you're telling yourself?

Douevenlift_bro

Youre a very optimistic guy my friend.

Yea whatever.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ReadingRainbow4

power levels have been fixed. They now more accurately resemble each system.

PC:5akJQLR.jpg

PS4:ewRdCxo.jpg

720:vLwro0c.jpg

WiiU:9pdksek.jpg

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts
[QUOTE="worknow222"]

The amount of Lol's that would swarm system wars  if the xbox is stronger or on par with the ps4 would be epic of biblical proportions

OctaBech
Well it would only show you're no better than those who are making you cry right now.

But I am not Crying, I don't care about this feeble war on console"s, but I do my part (would you like to know more?)
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Are people forgetting that the Ps3 had a significantly weaker GPU than the 360 yet it's still marginally more powerful, also, i love the way cows jump on every RUMOUR as if it where fact,lol
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#190 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Why would you disrespect Ron Weasley like that?
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 ReadingRainbow4

Why would you disrespect Ron Weasley like that?LittleMac19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BLVznuWnU

just because.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

These rumors better be true after all this or the Crow eating will be huge and Cows will be running like it's 2006 again.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 ReadingRainbow4

These rumors better be true after all this or the Crow eating will be huge and Cows will be running like it's 2006 again.

Caseytappy

I'd knock on wood before you say that.

your brethren will be running off the cliffs soon enough, there's no reason to hurry things along.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I don't think specs will mean much.

After all the PS3 feature "teh Cell!!!!!" look where that got em for most multiplats.

As Carmack says, the development is 100x more important than the hardware these days, the 360 already proved that.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#196 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Guess your nick would be changed to PALPS4 then?gpuking

Why? Can't i join the Empire with a Rebel name?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Cant wait to see whats gonna happen in SW once the offical specs & Prices are revealed for both PS4 & Xbox720 !!

Ppl in here are putting too much focus on rumors :)

I can only imagine the madness in here should both systems offer inferior specs to Wii U lol

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

[QUOTE="Caseytappy"]

ReadingRainbow4

I'd knock on wood before you say that.

your brethren will be running off the cliffs soon enough, there's no reason to hurry things along.

If they are true I would buy an PS4 of course .

I hold no loyalty to a brand, I'm not an idiot !

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#199 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Oh yeah! Gandalf with a shotgun! That would have made the movies so much better.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Oh yeah! Gandalf with a shotgun! That would have made the movies so much better.

KungfuKitten
Shotgun?