Durango, more like Lolango. GPU weaker than expected.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -
so you guys decided to gang up to show me how upset i made you :cool: ?/p>

you need this,since all your responses prove it :cool:

Tessellation
:lol: Your are having such a meltdown my god,but but i get under your skin,but but lets wait for Kotaku,but but i am a PC guy..:lol: Is Epic.
#52 Posted by reggy72 (138 posts) -

if these rumored specs turn out true for durango they will loose me this go around. it's not that hardware is everything but i am a console gamer and i want my console to have the best hardware it can for the price and so far MS seems to be missing the mark. not sure if it's overconfidence or maybe they are playing smoke and mirrors with sony because i do know developers who have first hand knowledge with durango and they told me it was very powerful, thats about all they could say for NDA reasons. DDR3 is dirt slow, cpu is fine but could use a clock boost, and that GPU is weaker than thought. i don't think MS have fully played their hand just yet sources swore up and down that Oban was using a Crossfire type setup for the final hardware so if you double up it would be impressive. 24 compute units would put it well over the rumored 18 in ps4, and don't forget the magical Oban Blitter that can scoot stuff around at a insane 384GB/s. 

GotNugz
Whilst I rarely post here because its frankly a playground for those with certain issues, be that mental/social or both, I was wondering if MS have had much to say about these supposed specification leaks?, from what I can gather they have been very quiet tbh. Is it possible that this whole leak is a MS false flag event to wrong foot its competition?...food for thought.
#53 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
They really dont need a powerful GPU when kinect games are hardly graphics friendly.
#54 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]so you guys decided to gang up to show me how upset i made you :cool: ?/p>

you need this,since all your responses prove it :cool:

tormentos
:lol: Your are having such a meltdown my god,but but i get under your skin,but but lets wait for Kotaku,but but i am a PC guy..:lol: Is Epic.

I am not the one having meltdowns trying to prove ps4 > next xbox.. look how sad your attempt look :cool: your butthurt is showing.
#55 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
Lolango ... I like it. :lol:
#56 Posted by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

:lol: silly Micro$oft. At least they'll still have the bro gamers.

#57 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -
Well considering that cows are about to be extinct next gen since Sony doesn't have a gameplan and just wants to release a powerful system that will cost too much for the general public...it's been nice knowing you.percech
Wait a few months ago the argument for sony going extinct was that sony did not had money to do a more powerful console than MS.. I guess the rules changed..:lol:
#58 Posted by mysticstryk (1700 posts) -

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

[QUOTE="percech"]Well considering that cows are about to be extinct next gen since Sony doesn't have a gameplan and just wants to release a powerful system that will cost too much for the general public...it's been nice knowing you.ReadingRainbow4

Soooo much butthurt and damage control. They will probably end up being very similar with real world performance, maybe a slight edge to playstation. Kind of like the slight edge the original xbox had over the ps2.

xbox had a huge edge over ps2.

Huge? No. Slight? Yes.  Noticeable in games?  Sometimes.

#59 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

Soooo much butthurt and damage control. They will probably end up being very similar with real world performance, maybe a slight edge to playstation. Kind of like the slight edge the original xbox had over the ps2.

mysticstryk

xbox had a huge edge over ps2.

Huge? No. Slight? Yes. Noticeable in games? Sometimes.

I'd say it was huge.

Escape from butcher bay? The wii even had issues replicating graphics like those.

#60 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -

has this been debunked http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/01/17/it-begins-xbox-720-will-be-more-powerful-than-ps4-says-report/

seems a bit fantastical but it may hold some truths to it. i'm particularly interested in the so called Blitter

GotNugz
All debunked.. Even the so call secret sauce turn out to be nothing.
#61 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

has this been debunked http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/01/17/it-begins-xbox-720-will-be-more-powerful-than-ps4-says-report/

seems a bit fantastical but it may hold some truths to it. i'm particularly interested in the so called Blitter

GotNugz

2013/01/17

#62 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"] I am not the one having meltdowns trying to prove ps4 > next xbox.. look how sad your attempt look :cool: your butthurt is showing.

Yes you are and every time something comes up that put the PS4 ahead,you start your denial a huge damage control.. Like you just did now trying to downplay this as old,and asking people to wait for Kotaku..:lol: So tell me when Kotaku deliver the same spec who are we suppose to wait for.?
#63 Posted by mysticstryk (1700 posts) -

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]xbox had a huge edge over ps2.

ReadingRainbow4

I'd say it was huge.

Escape from butcher bay? The wii even had issues replicating graphics like those.

There is always the oddball on any given platform, just look at some of the games this gen like Bayoneta or anything by Bethesda.  I'm talking about the vast majority.  As in 98% of the games.

#64 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

mysticstryk

I'd say it was huge.

There is always the oddball on any given platform, just look at some of the games this gen like Bayoneta or anything by Bethesda. I'm talking about the vast majority. As in 98% of the games.

The difference is that Butcher bay still looks impressive, and in some ways better than doom 3. That's impressive on any scale considering how much time has passed.

Bayonetta and skyrim? they were never graphics kings. Well maybe skyrim on PC with the user mods, but we're talking about consoles here.

#65 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

All I know is PS4 and Xbox 720 are going to be beasts. They are known to please the hardcore gamers, and they will succeed.

#66 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] I am not the one having meltdowns trying to prove ps4 > next xbox.. look how sad your attempt look :cool: your butthurt is showing.tormentos
Yes you are and every time something comes up that put the PS4 ahead,you start your denial a huge damage control.. Like you just did now trying to downplay this as old,and asking people to wait for Kotaku..:lol: So tell me when Kotaku deliver the same spec who are we suppose to wait for.?

contradicting butthurt dweller cows claims is not DC is just fun,seeing you cry over someone that doesn't agree with your agenda is fun :cool: just like now :lol: please keep looking pathetic :cool: how downplay? i am stating facts is 1 year old that's all ( bothers you it seems ) and kotaku is getting his information from one guy that sold his durango dev kit on ebay

#67 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.
#68 Posted by PAL360 (27070 posts) -

As long as it can handle all next gen engines (UE4, Source 2 and Cry Engine 3, etc), it's owners will be ok. To be honest, i don't think there will be a big difference, like there was in PS2/Xbox gen.

#69 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.Miketheman83
just like kaz hirai (biggest butthurt cow ) claims about the xbox 360 being just an xbox 1.5 and ps3 being 100% more poweful :cool:

#70 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

As long as it can handle all next gen engines (UE4, Source 2 and Cry Engine 3, etc), it's owners will be ok. To be honest, i don't think there will be a big difference, like there was in PS2/Xbox gen.

PAL360

I know PC flops aren't the same as console flops but going by Epic claims you need 2.5 Flops to run UE4 and neither console offers that going by the ''rumored'' specs

#71 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.Tessellation

just like kaz hirai (biggest butthurt cow ) claims about the xbox 360 being just an xbox 1.5 and ps3 being 100% more poweful :cool:

Man, you are really upset.

#72 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.ReadingRainbow4

considering you took the time to quote me n the fact you have kaz hirai on your sig and user icon the upset is someone else :cool:

#73 Posted by PAL360 (27070 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Tessellation

I know PC flops aren't the same as console flops but going by Epic claims you 2.5 Flops to run UE4 and neither console offers that going by the ''rumored'' specs

Well, no PC with 512mb ram could handle Uncharted 3, Halo 4 or RDR, anyway.

#74 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] just like kaz hirai (biggest butthurt cow ) claims about the xbox 360 being just an xbox 1.5 and ps3 being 100% more poweful :cool:

Tessellation

considering you took the time to quote me n the fact you have kaz hirai on your sig and user icon the upset is someone else :cool:

I just came down here to thank you for bumping my thread :3

#75 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

ReadingRainbow4

I just came down here to thank you for bumping my thread :3

no worries upset one :cool:
#76 Posted by Heil68 (46122 posts) -
With 65% of MS's focus being on kinect(lol) does the GPU even matter???
#77 Posted by clyde46 (46992 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Tessellation

I know PC flops aren't the same as console flops but going by Epic claims you need 2.5 Flops to run UE4 and neither console offers that going by the ''rumored'' specs

Flops doesn't always equate to actual performance.
#78 Posted by gamecubepad (6281 posts) -

720 would still be appealing if it has a weaker GPU and even heavy focus on Kinect, but I can't go another 5yrs. paying for Xbox Live. Not if online is free on all other systems.

That said, I believe the 720 will sell more due it's casual focus. Kinect will be finely tuned and there's no doubt it's the de facto motion controller and casual gaming platform for next-gen.

#79 Posted by super600 (30860 posts) -

I love how the cows are dancing over the PS4 is stronger rumors. The last thing you guys want is sony toproduce a ridicuosly powerful console.

#80 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Tessellation"] I am not the one having meltdowns trying to prove ps4 > next xbox.. look how sad your attempt look :cool: your butthurt is showing.Tessellation

contradicting butthurt dweller cows claims is not DC is just fun,seeing you cry over someone that doesn't agree with your agenda is fun :cool: just like now :lol: please keep looking pathetic :cool: how downplay? i am stating facts is 1 year old that's all ( bothers you it seems ) and kotaku is getting his information from one guy that sold his durango dev kit on ebay

You're grasping hard dude.:lol: Lets wait for Kotaku and see the magical spec Durango will have..
#81 Posted by ferret-gamer (17350 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Tessellation

Where are you getting the 2.5tflop number? Epic stated 1tflop was needed for the full engine

"Unreal Engine 4s next-generation renderer targets DirectX 11 GPUs and really starts to become interesting on hardware with 1+ TFLOPS of graphics performance, where it delivers some truly unprecedented capabilities. However, UE4 also includes a mainstream renderer targeting mass-market devices with a feature set that is appropriate there."

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/stunning-videos-show-unreal-engine-4s-next-gen-gtx-680-powered-real-time-graphics

#82 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.

Spanked..:lol:
#83 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Yes you are and every time something comes up that put the PS4 ahead,you start your denial a huge damage control.. Like you just did now trying to downplay this as old,and asking people to wait for Kotaku..:lol: So tell me when Kotaku deliver the same spec who are we suppose to wait for.?tormentos

You're grasping hard dude.:lol: Lets wait for Kotaku and see the magical spec Durango will have..

and you seem to be mad at people no agreeing with your agenda :cool: your butthurt is off the chartz
#84 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -

PAL360
I am sure it will those engines are scalable.
#85 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
With those specs, the 720 better be cheaper than the ps4
#86 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

ferret-gamer

Where are you getting the 2.5tflop number? Epic stated 1tflop was needed for the full engine

"Unreal Engine 4s next-generation renderer targets DirectX 11 GPUs and really starts to become interesting on hardware with 1+ TFLOPS of graphics performance, where it delivers some truly unprecedented capabilities. However, UE4 also includes a mainstream renderer targeting mass-market devices with a feature set that is appropriate there."

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/stunning-videos-show-unreal-engine-4s-next-gen-gtx-680-powered-real-time-graphics

the samaritan demo needed 2.5 flops for it.
#87 Posted by clyde46 (46992 posts) -

I love how the cows are dancing over the PS4 is stronger rumors. The last thing you guys want is sony toproduce a ridicuosly powerful console.

super600
But if MS doesn't put out a console that can hold its own, then the PS4 will be the go to console for 3rd party games.
#88 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.Tessellation

Just like MS claimed 3 times more general purpose power on the 360 CPU than Cell as well as other stupid claims is call PR,at least the PS3 had a weak GPU and still beat the 360 best effort,lets see how it will play out now..
#89 Posted by super600 (30860 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

clyde46

But if MS doesn't put out a console that can hold its own, then the PS4 will be the go to console for 3rd party games.

Most engines are scalable now a days.

#90 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Poor lembots, they will have to hide all gen this time.
#91 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

clyde46

bingo.

#92 Posted by ferret-gamer (17350 posts) -
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] I know PC flops aren't the same as console flops but going by Epic claims you need 2.5 Flops to run UE4 and neither console offers that going by the ''rumored'' specs

Tessellation

the samaritan demo needed 2.5 flops for it.

The samaritan demo is not Unreal 4.
#93 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"] and you seem to be mad at people no agreeing with your agenda :cool: your butthurt is off the chartz

The only buthurd here is coming from your end,last page alone prove that easy you are accusing every one of been buthurt on a thread where the 720 GPU is tag as a weak GPU...
#94 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Sony fans are really grasping at straws here. you would think they would have learned their lesson not to underestimate Microsoft after getting spanked for seven years and crying about it constantly. Oh well, some people never learn.tormentos

Just like MS claimed 3 times more general purpose power on the 360 CPU than Cell as well as other stupid claims is call PR,at least the PS3 had a weak GPU and still beat the 360 best effort,lets see how it will play out now..

more powerful on basement dweller cows eyes like yourself, both consoles ended up pretty much being equal with marginal advantages,the xbox 1.5 sure made cows like you butthurt this generation :cool:
#95 Posted by super600 (30860 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="super600"]

ReadingRainbow4

bingo.

But the problem with releasing a ridiculiously powerful console is that sony will have to eat up the losses from the production of the console.I don't know if they can handle that again.

#96 Posted by clyde46 (46992 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Most engines are scalable now a days.

True, but it still doesn't negate the fact that MS is rumoured to have the weaker console.
#97 Posted by tormentos (19260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"] more powerful on basement dweller cows eyes like yourself, both consoles ended up pretty much being equal with marginal advantages,the xbox 1.5 sure made cows like you butthurt this generation :cool:

:lol: Wow your meltdown is epic man..:lol:
#98 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Tessellation"] and you seem to be mad at people no agreeing with your agenda :cool: your butthurt is off the chartz

The only buthurd here is coming from your end,last page alone prove that easy you are accusing every one of been buthurt on a thread where the 720 GPU is tag as a weak GPU...

because pointing out the obvious makes cows butthurt just like you right now having a meltdown over the fact the specs are year old n since you don't want people to read that makes you angry :( now cry me some more :cool:
#99 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Tessellation"] just like kaz hirai (biggest butthurt cow ) claims about the xbox 360 being just an xbox 1.5 and ps3 being 100% more poweful :cool:

Tessellation

more powerful on basement dweller cows eyes like yourself, both consoles ended up pretty much being equal with marginal advantages,the xbox 1.5 sure made cows like you butthurt this generation :cool:

If you think console power has no realworld implications on purchase decisions you would be wrong.

I remember when the ps4 was still the new kid on the block, my 7/11 clerk would sometimes share some gaming news with me and console power more often than not came into the discussion.

I remember we had half the customers join in on our chat for how crazy MGS4 looked when it first launched. Hardcore gamers aren't the only ones that care about power.

#100 Posted by Evo_nine (1767 posts) -

I chose xbox 360 over ps3 last gen

looks like ill be getting a ps4. I have no intention whatsoever to be using kinect.