Dude wins PS4, breaks same day, White Light of Doom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Trail_Mix said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Has it been two taco bell users so far?

Endless diarrhea.

Yeah, their meals are probably lasting longer than their PS4s.

legitimately lold.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#203 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

wait 4 consoles broke so far?

Aye. 4 reported at least.

And 3 were Taco bell? dafuq

I really hope it isn't a widespread thing come the end of the week. That would be pretty shit

Correct. It's really weird. I'm hoping it was just the first batch that had faults, hence why 3 Taco Bell winners have had the problems, yet all of the gaming sites (Kotaku being the exception) have had no problems with PS4s, and in a lot of cases had streaming for hours on end with no issues.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

If the majority of the faulty consoles are Taco Bell PS4s then it begs the question, did Taco Bell mishandle the consoles to cause the faults?.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I really hope it isn't a widespread thing come the end of the week. That would be pretty shit

Correct. It's really weird. I'm hoping it was just the first batch that had faults, hence why 3 Taco Bell winners have had the problems, yet all of the gaming sites (Kotaku being the exception) have had no problems with PS4s, and in a lot of cases had streaming for hours on end with no issues.

considering the quality of food at taco bell (mmmmm taco bell), i guess we shouldn't be surprised at the quality of their PS4s

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Snugenz:

We should ask Cheleman.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 inggrish

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

considering the quality of food at taco bell (mmmmm taco bell), i guess we shouldn't be surprised at the quality of their PS4s

I wouldn't know about the Taco Bell food quality, there are literally only 3 in the whole of the UK (2 in the same area); so never been to one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 lostrib

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I wouldn't know about the Taco Bell food quality, there are literally only 3 in the whole of the UK (2 in the same area); so never been to one.

Y'all must hate that authentic mexican flavor! Racists!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 inggrish

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Haha yup, we're all racist b******s over here in the UK :) .

In all seriousness though, I adore Mexican food and Tacos, so I'm a little gutted TB hasn't yet properly found its feet in the UK.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

All we need now is for CNN or some other crappy news source to over exaggerate the impact and say that it's a world wide issue.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

I believe 4 people total so far, 3 of which taco bell winners. It gets difficult to keep track though when people constantly cross link each other, making it look like many more cases.

most taco bell ps4's are on ebay for 1,500

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

In all seriousness though, I adore Mexican food and Tacos, so I'm a little gutted TB hasn't yet properly found its feet in the UK.

Taco Bell is like fake mexican food, it doesn't even resemble mexican food.

Liquid meat! it's disgusting... never eat there.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By inggrish

@resevl4rlz said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

I believe 4 people total so far, 3 of which taco bell winners. It gets difficult to keep track though when people constantly cross link each other, making it look like many more cases.

most taco bell ps4's are on ebay for 1,500

Hmm, will they be 1500USD paperweights? Time will tell.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lostrib

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

Well i'm not sure I would entirely qualify a Dorito Locos Taco as actual Mexican Food, but it will do in a pinch. Nor would i qualify the meat as "beef"

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 inggrish

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Taco Bell is like fake mexican food, it doesn't even resemble mexican food.

Liquid meat! it's disgusting... never eat there.

Meh, fast food is good, no matter what culture it tries to imitate. :)

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#216  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

All we need now is for CNN or some other crappy news source to over exaggerate the impact and say that it's a world wide issue.

That could cause Sony to sue them for slander and/or libel.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 inggrish

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

Well i'm not sure I would entirely qualify a Dorito Locos Taco as actual Mexican Food, but it will do in a pinch. Nor would i qualify the meat as "beef"

Hmm, well regardless of what the actual content of the food is, or how questionable the meat.... you have now made me hungry. Congrats. It has just reached midnight and I am now cooking up another meal. So cheers for that. Your fault :P

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Nonstop-Madness

People should realize that electronics have an average failure rate of 15% within the first 3 years. With the ever growing presence of social media, these issues will be far more well known than previous generations.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#219  Edited By XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

@Riverwolf007: no there many failures being reported. Sucks man

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 lostrib

@XspidervenomX said:

@Riverwolf007: no there many failures being reported. Sucks man

Well it depends how many failures you have out of total consoles available. If you have 1 million consoles at a failure rate of even 10% that's still 100,000 failures

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@Jakandsigz: "All we need now is for CNN or some other crappy news source to over exaggerate the impact and say that it's a world wide issue. "

FOX BREAKING NEWS: President Obama infiltrates Taco Bells to damage PS4's being delivered to Republicans

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: we literally call it "Toxic Hell" where I live in the US haha

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness:

So just because it is launch gives a company the right to sell a defective/faulty product? There should always be rigorous testing before a product goes to the hand of a consumer.

A defective product is the fault of the company, saying that it is justifiable that there are defects in a product because it is known that there are large failure rates in any launch of electronics is not an excuse.

Saying that though, I would take most of these reports with a grain of salt, we have no idea how many PS4's may be defective, and the same could be said for the Xbox One.

A smart move is to wait until next year when all the possible issues are fixed.

I will be buying both and I'm going to see if there are issues with both consoles in the coming months.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I just love rumors. I remember several times hearing updates bricking PS3s. I had 4 PS3s that updated all the time and never had any problems. Infact no one I knew with PS3s ever had a bricked PS3. I heard about it a lot though online.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#226  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

You have brought nothing but death, destruction and stupidity here clyde.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Nonstop-Madness

@CloudStrife213 said:

@Nonstop-Madness:

So just because it is launch gives a company the right to sell a defective/faulty product? There should always be rigorous testing before a product goes to the hand of a consumer.

A defective product is the fault of the company, saying that it is justifiable that there are defects in a product because it is known that there are large failure rates in any launch of electronics is not an excuse.

Saying that though, I would take most of these reports with a grain of salt, we have no idea how many PS4's may be defective, and the same could be said for the Xbox One.

A smart move is to wait until next year when all the possible issues are fixed.

I will be buying both and I'm going to see if there are issues with both consoles in the coming months.

A defected product doesn't necessarily indicate that the engineering is faulty. Shit happens. It could be a isolated manufacturing error, faulty batch of components etc. Not to mention there is no proof that there are large failure rates. Recalls of electronic products do exist but they are extremely rare because every product has a failure rate. As I said previously, electronics typically have a 15% failure rate.

I absolutely agree with you that a smart move would be to wait until next year but not every consumer wants that. Neither does Sony or Microsoft or developers or publishers.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#229 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@clyde46: Wow.. that's a new one. I haven't seen that happen on any console with wireless remote yet.

********************************************************************************

@DarthBilf said:

Man, the PS4 could really use some good news right now, it's just getting crushed.

It hasn't even launched yet. What's going to happen once it launches.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

that's f*cking horrendous. 3 taco bell users smh

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

I'm okay with that... might get us some feedback from Sony sooner rather than later. Put some pressure on them

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

guy fixed it. is trying to stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

This is very disconcerting... I've been waiting a long time for this... if my PS4 ends up like this, I'm going to FREAK!!!!!

It's not sounding good... someone at IGN, a couple people on NeoGaf, Kotaku's system.... How many systems are out there... I mean what are the chances that multiple gaming news sources are going to end up with faulty PS4's if this really isn't a common thing?

I'm legitimately worried at this point... FML

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#234 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

You guys are my beta testers.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

What about the wobble? Do all PS4 wobble when you lay it horizontal? If so, that's confirms how bad the quality inside and out the PS4 are built.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@blackace said:

@clyde46: Wow.. that's a new one. I haven't seen that happen on any console with wireless remote yet.

********************************************************************************

@DarthBilf said:

Man, the PS4 could really use some good news right now, it's just getting crushed.

It hasn't even launched yet. What's going to happen once it launches.

It will sell? LOL

what is this artificial disaster ? I don't see it..

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#237  Edited By -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

@gago-gago said:

What about the wobble? Do all PS4 wobble when you lay it horizontal? If so, that's confirms how bad the quality inside and out the PS4 are built.

The PS4 does not wobble when you lay it flat. When laying horizontally it has four contact points with the surface below it. The contact points are not along all the edges, so if you were to apply force to it for whatever dumb reason it will tilt.

So if you push on your machine randomly than more power to you.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@_Matt_ said:

Same, I've only been to Manchester once since Taco Bell opened but it was New Years so it was closed :(

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I predict a recall or sony will have to extend the warranty and you have to send it in to replace or repair their systems. I don't think sony could afford that right now.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#240  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I decided to go with getting the PS4 at launch because I am very excited for the console, and if I didn't purchase it now I probably wouldn't be able to get one for the next couple years due to where my life is heading. Just the perfect time to get it.

If I run into technical errors or malfunctions of course I'll be upset, but there's the warranty that comes with the system to cover it. I'm not worried at all about it; had a PS3 die and a 360 die on me and I survived all that. Got plenty of other things to play. :P

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#242 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@Zassimick said:

I decided to go with getting the PS4 at launch because I am very excited for the console, and if I didn't purchase it now I probably wouldn't be able to get one for the next couple years due to where my life is heading. Just the perfect time to get it.

Perfect time to get one, is when theres some AA-AAA exclusives to buy, all the small technical issues have been worked out, price drop maybe. Ill wait until that happens before buying mine.

Well I meant it is the perfect time for me to get it. :P Any time later and it may just not work for a few years; job hunting, moving across country and the like may be in store and I know there will be games I want to play at that time and I won't be so inclined to drop the money for the console then.

Besides, there are plenty of games I already want to play on the console, I could wait until the last year the console is out and still run into technical issues, and the price is in my range and I'll easily find value in it. I definitely understand your points though.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Poor cows :( They got themselves so hyped up and just took 2 body shots in the past 24 hours :(

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#245 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

it was a great week for xbox fans i guess :D

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

For a next gen console the PS4 is dangerously small. I find it odd people like a smaller console at the risk of durability. Show me a fat azz BOSS console like the original xbox/ps3 and I'm all over it.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Let's see what Xbox One does. I'm sure it wont wobble! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

@avigeil said:

You can't beat dem wobble physics, truly amazing tech.

BlastYoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 BlastYoFace
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

So pretty much worst case scenario for Sony. I cant imagine things getting worse. Say goodbye to Kaz.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#250  Edited By HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

When your using almost slave labor to build the PS4 what do you expect. Heck if I was forced to build machines like the collage interns were I would break some of them myself.