Dude wins PS4, breaks same day, White Light of Doom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Launch hardware is always god-awful. I cant see Sony having RROD-type problems.

Jaguar and Xbox, and NG, and NGP, and Lynx, and 7800, and CV, and Vectrex, and Nuon, and The flashback consoles, and the Chitendo Vii, and Gameking portables, Zone 40, Zone 60, Zone 3d, Wirelessair60, and 6 others I can't think of at the moment were all fine at launch. Granted 4-5 of them has bad software launches but that is not what this is about.

#153 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151707 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

and you need to learn to admit when you're wrong

Peace on earth will be achieved before that ever happens.

Oh I did. I said why I came to that conclusion.....but that isn't good enough for you two.

Hahaha, not it isn't good enough you unstoppable jackass, because you didn't do that at all. You absolved yourself of all blame and said it was the OP's fault, even after making your snide little remarks about me reading, then you claimed you read the thread but not the source when you couldn't have read the thread at all because the slightest flick of the scroll wheel on the very first page explains in-depth what the problem is and how it is definitely not just the controller.

As per usual you have made a complete twat of yourself and it's been nothing short of hilarious, if not a little routine.

Learn2Read....I didn't blame the OP. I blamed the idiot who was quoted who owned the PS4.

#154 Edited by Renevent42 (5346 posts) -

Holy hell...lol.

Anyways it's to be somewhat expected and I'm sure the 720 will have it's share of launch duds.

#155 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151707 posts) -

Hey you insufferable jackass.....don't be such a hypocrite. You were wrong....now admit it.

#156 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

What a great thread.

Seems to be a catastrophic hardware failure, the GAFer has updated his OP:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89688681&postcount=1

Unit to be returned to base for service / replacement.

#157 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

What a great thread.

Seems to be a catastrophic hardware failure, the GAFer has updated his OP:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89688681&postcount=1

Unit to be returned to base for service / replacement.

That sucks.

#158 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8908 posts) -

This kind of things always get me paranoid about a console launch, and yet I keep buying consoles at launch. Fucking eh. >_<

#159 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

This kind of things always get me paranoid about a console launch, and yet I keep buying consoles at launch. Fucking eh. >_<

You buyin one?

#160 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8908 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

You buyin one?

Yup. No idea if it's coming at launch though since Amazon.ca is poop.

#161 Posted by aroxx_ab (10481 posts) -

So the launch sickness begins...

#162 Edited by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

That Wii U looking really nice right now...lol, wait till next year to get your PS4. Buyer Beware

#163 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057&page=20

Originally Posted by Dylx

After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Get those extended warranties ready! and SCEA on speed dial!

**UPDATE**

Went thru a number of "fixes" with customer service and none of them worked. They are shipping me a box to get the unit serviced.

Safe Mode on the console no longer works.

**UPDATE** 2

For sh*ts and giggles, swapped the hard drive for a fresh one, that also didn't work

_________

Coffins are back!

#164 Edited by gta50419 (338 posts) -

I hope sony & miscrosoft get sued to death if there's a lot of faulty systems

#165 Posted by PSP107 (12000 posts) -

lol at early adopters. I can't believe they still haven't learned the lesson of patience. I mean all the warning signs are there but people still will go for it.

But I'm glad they exist as they be viewed as test dummies.

#166 Posted by Snugenz (12031 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Snugenz said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

since this is system wars that translates to 100% of all ps4s are defective.

Quoted for Truth, time to spread this "truth" across the internets...

We'll all just check in with the X1 support page every day after launch,report any problems here because golly, they must effect everyone and show MS's quality :D

True that.

#167 Edited by SharpBlades3 (23 posts) -

Lesson learned... Don't stick your chalupa into your Taco Bell console with extra hot sauce, problem solved.

#168 Posted by Liquid_ (2859 posts) -

can't wait for when people post youtubes of cooking eggs on top of the xbox one

#169 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

Oh I did. I said why I came to that conclusion.....but that isn't good enough for you two.

Hahaha, not it isn't good enough you unstoppable jackass, because you didn't do that at all. You absolved yourself of all blame and said it was the OP's fault, even after making your snide little remarks about me reading, then you claimed you read the thread but not the source when you couldn't have read the thread at all because the slightest flick of the scroll wheel on the very first page explains in-depth what the problem is and how it is definitely not just the controller.

As per usual you have made a complete twat of yourself and it's been nothing short of hilarious, if not a little routine.

Learn2Read....I didn't blame the OP. I blamed the idiot who was quoted who owned the PS4.

The OP of the GAF thread who you quoted, then blamed. Genius.

#170 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

Welp. This doesn't bode well. Also, STOP ARGUING IN MY THREAD!

#171 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151707 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

Poor little Ninja can't admit when he's wrong. . OP means OP of this thread. I'm not posting in the Gaf thread genius. What an insufferable hypocrite you are Ninja. Same as ever.

#172 Edited by xLittlekillx (1813 posts) -

Neogaf and kotaku are crap blogging sites that pretend to be filled with "insider information." They're really just a bunch of neckbeards. Ignore it.

#173 Edited by delta3074 (18501 posts) -

Launch unit, Expected really, doesn't reflect the future reliability of the hardware, people that make them probably hadn't hit there stride when they made that one.

#174 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Poor little Ninja can't admit when he's wrong. . OP means OP of this thread. I'm not posting in the Gaf thread genius. What an insufferable hypocrite you are Ninja. Same as ever.

OP doesn't mean OP of this thread. Thats just silly. OP just means original poster. In this instance, OP referred to the OP of the gaf thread. The person who you quoted and then blamed. So when I said you blamed the OP, clearly I was referring to that individual. This is just obvious.

Your attempts at trolling are way too obvious. They come off as mentally deranged. 2/10 is the best I can give you in this instance.

#175 Edited by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Aaaand this is why you don't buy launch consoles.It's not like either console has anything exciting to play.

#176 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

Oh hey LJ.... you know how you say you didn't go to GAF. Then where did you get that quote from buddy? And before you say you got it from this thread, be careful - the same post which has that quote in it clearly explains that it's not the controller but the console itself in the same post. Cant blame the quote there can you? The very post it appears in explains that it's not the controller in simple english.

Seems like you're pretty fucked there buddy.

#177 Posted by Snugenz (12031 posts) -

Who cares about the broken PS4, LJ is gettin destroyed up in here...

Continue...

#178 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4939 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Wow, I hate to say I told ya so.......but I FUCKING TOLD YA SO.

Lol. Let´s wait until x1 launches, and then all hermits will cry FUCKING TOLD YA SO to both cows and lemmings.

PC/SteamBox FTW.

#179 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

Lol. Let´s wait until x1 launches, and then all hermits will cry FUCKING TOLD YA SO to both cows and lemmings.

PC/SteamBox FTW.

lol pc sucks. I could buy the most powerful pc in the world won't change the fact I don't like any pc games. that shit is boring.

#180 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4939 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

lol pc sucks. I could buy the most powerful pc in the world won't change the fact I don't like any pc games. that shit is boring.

Lol. Pc has better games though than Knack and KZ:Shadow Flop

#181 Posted by lostrib (39145 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

i find that hard to believe

#182 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

I care what you believe.

#183 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4939 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@lostrib said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

I care what you believe.

Lol I wouldn´t put much hope in xbox720 either XD PS4 flopped, x1 will follow. Steambox, in contrast, will support some 300 games at launch, including latest multiplats, and will include strategies, the genre that is not present on neither next gen console. I am pretty sure that x1, instead, will become a next gen wiiu XD

#184 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

Clearly you've never played EVE Online?

trollface.jpg

#185 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14686 posts) -

Has it been two taco bell users so far?

Endless diarrhea.

#186 Posted by _Matt_ (8937 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

I believe 4 people total so far, 3 of which taco bell winners. It gets difficult to keep track though when people constantly cross link each other, making it look like many more cases.

#187 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

trollface.jpg

just youtube'd it, not my cup of tea. Typical pc game I have zero interest in, but your a cool guy.

#188 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

I believe 4 people total so far, 3 of which taco bell winners. It gets difficult to keep track though when people constantly cross link each other, making it look like many more cases.

Three Taco Bell's and a Kotaku.

Sounds like a good sitcom.

#189 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@psymon100 said:

@kingoflife9 said:

trollface.jpg

just youtube'd it, not my cup of tea. Typical pc game I have zero interest in, but your a cool guy.

Thank man, you're a cool guy too. I like the way you haven't sided with any console or system.

Oh yeah. I suggested EVE Online on purpose for lols. You were complaining about PC gaming being boring so I thought to myself

"Hmmm, what's a pretty boring PC-only game?"

#190 Edited by _Matt_ (8937 posts) -

@danabo said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

Haha does actually. Well played.

#191 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

@danabo said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

wait 4 consoles broke so far?

#192 Edited by _Matt_ (8937 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@danabo said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

Aye. 4 reported at least.

#193 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

They're in here somewhere - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057

#194 Posted by Big_Pecks (5429 posts) -

What a disaster, and it's only beginning.

#195 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

I am seeing tons of these stories starting to generate. This one is a Taco bell winner.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qjhun/i_have_the_taco_bell_ps4_right_now_in_my_hands_ama/ Tread discussion

http://www.twitch.tv/arogon1416/b/479416740 videos he made.

Also, cant remember but a review site, IGN, Kotaku (one of them) got PS4's in to review games on. One PS4 was DOA. Trying to find the source.

#196 Posted by lostrib (39145 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@lostrib said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kingoflife9 said:

PC/SteamBox FTW.

I care what you believe.

thanks?

#197 Posted by _Matt_ (8937 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

Also, cant remember but a review site, IGN, Kotaku (one of them) got PS4's in to review games on. One PS4 was DOA. Trying to find the source.

It was Kotaku.

And yeah it's quite a few. Think it's 4 as of right now.

#198 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Aye. 4 reported at least.

And 3 were Taco bell? dafuq

I really hope it isn't a widespread thing come the end of the week. That would be pretty shit

#199 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14686 posts) -

@danabo said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

lol. I love that actually.

Kotaku's pretty close in quality to that of tacobell, so maybe that's the case.

#200 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Endless diarrhea.

Yeah, their meals are probably lasting longer than their PS4s.