Dude wins PS4, breaks same day, White Light of Doom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by danabo (2476 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@danabo said:

His posting history was checked on SonyGAF. Pictures were posted. Updates were given.

But, it is just one console. 1

Can ya link us to this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057&page=5

Also, scroll up.

#102 Edited by gta50419 (338 posts) -
@sora16perfect said:

No proof what so ever and people are jumping all over this.

You don't need no proof....All theses reports can't be lies

This would be fuked up if a lot of consoles are like this and ppl have to wait another 4-5 days to get a replacement system

#103 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh noes a broken controller....the humanity.

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

"After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Yeah but if you read the other pages he states that he can't even get his PS4 to boot up....

I'm not following the link. I'm at this forum. Apparently whoever wrote that above quote sucks at grammar. Perhaps he should add a noun.

the title of the post on gaf literally says "My PS4 seems broken"

Er has it escaped your notice that I'm on GameSpot not Gaf?

so what? you should have read the source before commenting then

#104 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@sora16perfect said:

No proof what so ever and people are jumping all over this.

From what I gathered on GAF it's legit and he proved it ebfore (I can't find links myself)

If it wasn't legit GAF would tear him apart

#105 Edited by danabo (2476 posts) -

His posting history was checked on SonyGAF. Pictures were posted. Updates were given.

The light on the ps4 is solid when in use, mine flashes on and off. isn't the red or flashing red of over heating.

They have directed me to re download the 1.50 firmware onto usb.

For those criticizing, if this happens to you (hope it doesn't) refer to this thread for help, skip past the "jokes"...

Originally Posted by Dylx

Here are my steps.

1) ps4 froze, after 10 mins it shut its-self off.

2.) tried to reboot, nothing happened. Controllers won't connect or anything.

3.) tried holding the power button to cold boot/reset...Nothing.

4.) called to troubleshoot

5.) 10 mins into calling and being bounced around, i made a tread, hoping to help someone that it could happen to on friday. ( didn't expect ridicule)

6.) Still on hold.....

I may have been over dramatic to say buy a warranty, but after this I'm buying one.

#106 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You should try that....

"After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Oh jesus, really?! Its his whole damn console that will not work, dumbass! Cows. swear!

Not a cow.....and I explained why I read it the way I did. It was poorly written. Dumb ass MS fan boy.....

Poorly written, yet the fucking TOPIC TITLE clearly says the console broke and multiple posts afterwards explain that the console is dead, including the first page of this very thread - even after being prompted to go back and read again, you're gonna blame the guy's writing skills?

Come on bro.

Come on Ninja......it's GS.....it's hard to take titles seriously you know that. I just went by the quote. Which was poorly written. Are we going to argue this all day? I am a little tired.....was up early but I am drinking some coffee if this is the dance you want to do. Give me some time to recharge and we can needlessly argue....or we could just say the dude sucks at grammar and leave it at that.

Are you an MS fan or something?

#107 Posted by silversix_ (16604 posts) -

At this point i don't see why would anyone buy a ps4. One console broke, KZ got a 7, BF4 isn't even Full HD, Indie titles outscoring 1st party... Cancel till its possible.

#108 Posted by Heil68 (48394 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

since this is system wars that translates to 100% of all ps4s are defective.

Quoted for Truth, time to spread this "truth" across the internets...

We'll all just check in with the X1 support page every day after launch,report any problems here because golly, they must effect everyone and show MS's quality :D

#109 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You should try that....

Oh jesus, really?! Its his whole damn console that will not work, dumbass! Cows. swear!

Not a cow.....and I explained why I read it the way I did. It was poorly written. Dumb ass MS fan boy.....

Poorly written, yet the fucking TOPIC TITLE clearly says the console broke and multiple posts afterwards explain that the console is dead, including the first page of this very thread - even after being prompted to go back and read again, you're gonna blame the guy's writing skills?

Come on bro.

Come on Ninja......it's GS.....it's hard to take titles seriously you know that. I just went by the quote. Which was poorly written. Are we going to argue this all day? I am a little tired.....was up early but I am drinking some coffee if this is the dance you want to do. Give me some time to recharge and we can needlessly argue....or we could just say the dude sucks at grammar and leave it at that.

Are you an MS fan or something?

or you could avoid criticizing people before reading the source yourself

#110 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28371 posts) -

I knew there would be issues with this launch, I just knew it.

#111 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Why should I? Quotes were put in this thread. But then I forgot SW is all about whining about a console one doesn't want. There will always be a percentage of product that fails. Hence recalls exist. The determinate is if the percentage is high or not. I mean.....I see people here who made excuses for the RROD jumping up and down over a console from someone at Gaf. Talk about double standards....

#112 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Why should I? Quotes were put in this thread. But then I forgot SW is all about whining about a console one doesn't want. There will always be a percentage of product that fails. Hence recalls exist. The determinate is if the percentage is high or not. I mean.....I see people here who made excuses for the RROD jumping up and down over a console from someone at Gaf. Talk about double standards....

why should you read a source? are you serious? so you can come to a conclusion yourself

#113 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@danabo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@danabo said:

Can ya link us to this?

Also, scroll up.

Thanks!

#114 Posted by gta50419 (338 posts) -

@danabo said:

But, it is just one console.

More like 4-5......There's other reports of it breaking at target, and other ppl came bricked from what i've read

#115 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@gta50419 said:

@danabo said:

More like 4-5......There's other reports of it breaking at target, and other ppl came bricked from what i've read

Someone mentioned kotaku got one with a faulty HDMI port

#116 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

why should you read a source? are you serious? so you can come to a conclusion yourself

I did read the dude's actual quote did I not? Is it my fault he sucks at English? And frankly this conversation is boring. I told you why I came to the conclusion I did and I don't know why you want to prolong this issue by constantly repeating the same thing over and over. E-peen issue?

#117 Posted by danabo (2476 posts) -

@gta50419 said:

@danabo said:

I've read three total, including Kotaku's. Three whole consoles. It's hardly widespread, at the moment.

#118 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Falling into more school yard antics. LOL telling me i'm tripping. Obviously someone hasn't done much growing. And still can't act like an adult.

System wars is srs bidness.

#119 Posted by XBOunity (3837 posts) -

Cowday afternoon. Look at animal mother lol love

This, so much the devastation

#120 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

I did read the dude's actual quote did I not? Is it my fault he sucks at English? And frankly this conversation is boring. I told you why I came to the conclusion I did and I don't know why you want to prolong this issue by constantly repeating the same thing over and over. E-peen issue?

you read a quote posted by another user, you did not go to the actual source. And then criticized people for not reading, when you didn't even read the damn source yourself.

#121 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Falling into more school yard antics. LOL telling me i'm tripping. Obviously someone hasn't done much growing. And still can't act like an adult.

System wars is srs bidness.

Can't act like an adult XD

Instead of trying to have a logical discussion you get people who act like this. XD

People who don't wanna have a serious discussion about a hobby they're serious about.

This is what gaming has come to. People on forums who can't even think seriously for one minute.

#122 Posted by Crypt_mx (4278 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

Yeah but if you read the other pages he states that he can't even get his PS4 to boot up....

I'm not following the link. I'm at this forum. Apparently whoever wrote that above quote sucks at grammar. Perhaps he should add a noun.

Well maybe you should check the link before discussing its content. Click on the Gaf link and l2read

#123 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

Herpa derp. I cry every night caring so much about what you think.

#124 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

you read a quote posted by another user, you did not go to the actual source. And then criticized people for not reading, when you didn't even read the damn source yourself.

Was the quote from the dude with the console or not? Are you saying he didn't post that? I'm not the only one that felt it was a controller in this thread. And no...I didn't bring up reading. People? You sure do exaggerate. Sorry my not whining about a broken PS4 to feed your ego upset you so much. I replied to ONE person that brought up reading and I gave him the quote which does, in fact, imply the controller was the issue.

You are more of a pedantic bore than thegerg is on his best day. Good bye.

#125 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

"I didn't bother to read the thread I posted in, even after being encouraged to do so after posting something blatantly incorrect, and even sarcastically mocked the person who hinted maybe I should give the actual topic a quick glance before posting any further.

This is the person who wrote the thread's fault however, not mine. Also, those criticising me must be MS fans."

LJ gonna LJ.

BeeTeeDub, your defense of 'oh I'm posting on gamespot why would I read the source' is kinda shitty too, seeing as the its made perfectly clear it was the console not the controller on the very first page of this very frickin' thread.

"My bad I didn't read"

- the reasonable response, aka the one you'll never provide.

#127 Edited by daveg1 (20359 posts) -

ha ha ha ha ha oh shit..

#128 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

"I didn't bother to read the thread I posted in, even after being encouraged to do so after posting something blatantly incorrect, and even sarcastically mocked the person who hinted maybe I should give the actual topic a quick glance before posting any further.

This is the person who wrote the thread's fault however, not mine. Also, those criticising me must be MS fans."

LJ gonna LJ.

BeeTeeDub, your defense of 'oh I'm posting on gamespot why would I read the source' is kinda shitty too, seeing as the its made perfectly clear it was the console not the controller on the very first page of this very frickin' thread.

"My bad I didn't read"

Ah Ninja being Ninja. I did read the thread I posted in. I didn't read the link. Big difference. I explained exactly why I came to that conclusion genius several times. You're too busy enlarging your e-peen to accept that. I'm also not the only one that came to that conclusion...so the problem must be in the presentation.

But far be it for me to continue arguing with you here...I did read the many threads you created back when ATM existed about wanting to report users that were mean to you in SW.

#129 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Was the quote the dude with the console or not? Are you saying he didn't post that? I'm not the only one that felt it was a controller in this thread. And no...I didn't bring up reading. People? You sure do exaggerate. Sorry my not whining about a broken PS4 to feed your ego upset you so much. I replied to ONE person that brought up reading and I gave him the quote which does, in fact, imply the controller was the issue.

You already said you didn't read the source, you just read the quote posted by a different user without actually verifying the source. And you came to an incorrect conclusion, and when someone told you to "Learn2reading" because you obviously hadn't read the source, you then criticized their reading abilities "You should try that...."

And you honestly shouldn't criticize anyone on being a pedantic bore, and you need to learn to admit when you're wrong

#130 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Slightly off-topic... the dude says he didn't buy a "warranty" with the console, but that he now considers buying one (at least that's what i can gather from most of his poorly written posts). I'm assuming he is either in the US or CA, since that's where the consoles should start being available right now.

My question: is it normal for new eletronic products to not come with a legal warranty? I'm asking since in the European Union companies are forced to at the very least one year of legal warranty + 1 or 2 years depending on the specific countries legislation. In mine (Portugal) they are forced to 2 years of warranty if they want to sell anything here. The dude makes it sound like it's "normal" for products not to come with a legal warranty there, so I'm just curious..

In the US most products come with one year parts and labor.

You buy warranties on other products for up to 2-3 years so that when the product breaks you can exchange it at the store you bought it from for a better model for a small fee

#131 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

It is, which is surprising. I expected Knack and Killzone to flop. Never saw one damn thing worth noting except for KZ's graphics. But the system reviews, and now these wobble issues, and the 3 reports of the system dying on people are very surprising. Hopefully the broken systems are just isolated cases.

#132 Posted by Jack-Burton (2433 posts) -

ThisisnotNeoGaf.jpg

#133 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Was the quote the dude with the console or not? Are you saying he didn't post that? I'm not the only one that felt it was a controller in this thread. And no...I didn't bring up reading. People? You sure do exaggerate. Sorry my not whining about a broken PS4 to feed your ego upset you so much. I replied to ONE person that brought up reading and I gave him the quote which does, in fact, imply the controller was the issue.

You already said you didn't read the source, you just read the quote posted by a different user without actually verifying the source. And you came to an incorrect conclusion, and when someone told you to "Learn2reading" because you obviously hadn't read the source, you then criticized their reading abilities "You should try that...."

And you honestly shouldn't criticize anyone on being a pedantic bore, and you need to learn to admit when you're wrong

You know I've told you several times how I came to the conclusion I did. But you just have to keep bitching and moaning. Maybe you should admit you're wrong to prolong this? Do you really think you're proving a point here? It's redundant. You seemed much better of a user in OT....but damn.....I've reversed my opinion of you.

#134 Posted by Gue1 (11599 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

what you knew? That one guy's PS4 would malfunction out of thousands?

Tons of broken Wii U's on Youtube too, this is no RRoD kind of crisis.

#135 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

what you knew? That one guy's PS4 would malfunction out of thousands?

Tons of broken Wii U's on Youtube too, this is no RRoD kind of crisis.

Every product will have a percentage that fails. It matters how long the failure rate continues and the percentage affected. At this stage it's too early to say anything.

Even cars have recalls....

#136 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

LJ gonna LJ.

"My bad I didn't read"

Ah Ninja being Ninja. I did read the thread I posted in. I didn't read the link. Big difference.

Clearly this is bullshit because if you scroll down just ONE INCH on the FIRST PAGE of THIS THREAD there is a post including quotes from the GAF thread in plain simple English explaining clearly and decisively how the problem is most definitely the console, not the controller. Even after being urged to go read before posting, you did not bother to scroll down ONE INCH on the FIRST PAGE of THIS THREAD, despite claiming to have read it.

Evidently my dear Watson, LJ still suffers from the intense mental illness wherein he will literally never concede to being wrong about anything.

We can only offer our sympathies.

#137 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

You know I've told you several times how I came to the conclusion I did. But you just have to keep bitching and moaning. Maybe you should admit you're wrong to prolong this? Do you really think you're proving a point here? It's redundant. You seemed much better of a user in OT....but damn.....I've reversed my opinion of you.

Oh no, you reversed your opinion of me! whatever will I do. Considering how you act here and on OT, your opinion is not worth much to anyone

Here's the problem, you came to an incorrect conclusion because you didn't read the damn source, and when you were called out on it, rather than admitting you were wrong, you acted like a complete jackass.

#139 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Oh no, you reversed your opinion of me! whatever will I do. Considering how you act here and on OT, your opinion is not worth much to anyone

Here's the problem, you came to an incorrect conclusion because you didn't read the damn source, and when you were called out on it, rather than admitting you were wrong, you acted like a complete jackass.

LOL love the kids that can't let something so unimportant go. You really need a new hobby. You take this shit way too seriously.

#140 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@lostrib said:

and you need to learn to admit when you're wrong

Peace on earth will be achieved before that ever happens.

#141 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

LOL love the kids that can't let something so unimportant go. You really need a new hobby. You take this shit way too seriously.

...see what I mean, you can't admit you're wrong. And i have seen your posts on OT, you are the king of not letting shit go. Honestly, I wish you would just stick to OT

#142 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Slightly off-topic... the dude says he didn't buy a "warranty" with the console, but that he now considers buying one (at least that's what i can gather from most of his poorly written posts). I'm assuming he is either in the US or CA, since that's where the consoles should start being available right now.

My question: is it normal for new eletronic products to not come with a legal warranty? I'm asking since in the European Union companies are forced to at the very least one year of legal warranty + 1 or 2 years depending on the specific countries legislation. In mine (Portugal) they are forced to 2 years of warranty if they want to sell anything here. The dude makes it sound like it's "normal" for products not to come with a legal warranty there, so I'm just curious..

In the US most products come with one year parts and labor.

You buy warranties on other products for up to 2-3 years so that when the product breaks you can exchange it at the store you bought it from for a better model for a small fee

Hmm.. I see. We have something similar here, which are the warranty extensions which are also store specific, but they don't require you to any additional fees if it needs replacement during that time. Of course it could just be included in the price of the extension since most of them can vary from 20€ to 200€ depending on the time of extension, type of product, size and the store/chain itself.

Either way, for 2 years you are legally covered. They have to fix it/replace it for free (you do pay for transport if required though). Obviously it needs to be within a very specific set of conditions (like not caused by the user among other) but those are somewhat easy to overcome with some patience (and a silver tongue :P )

Thanks for the clarification though :)

No problem. They seem very similar either way. With the difference being one year here and two years pending on where you are there.

#143 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16686 posts) -

@TheKazfather said:

He probably placed it in a plastic box in order to cause a stir.

rofl.

#144 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

lol

#145 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152952 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

Oh I did. I said why I came to that conclusion.....but that isn't good enough for you two. I guess mommy didn't give you any attention so it's important to prove you are right on the internet.

But no wait....even that isn't good enough for you. You two have to continue the conversation long after it should be over. Which would be funny....if it wasn't so damn sad.

#146 Edited by bezza2011 (2726 posts) -

Looks like half of you didn't read the link, when in fact it was just the controller not the console as title siggests

#147 Edited by nexus303 (204 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Give it up bro, you're sounding like a whinging pom

#148 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1330 posts) -

Man these things are just falling to bits :(

What's the deal with the DS4 analogue sticks being made out of polystyrene?

WTF were Sony thinking???

#149 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

Oh I did. I said why I came to that conclusion.....but that isn't good enough for you two. I guess mommy didn't give you any attention so it's important to prove you are right on the internet.

But no wait....even that isn't good enough for you. You two have to continue the conversation long after it should be over. Which would be funny....if it wasn't so damn sad.

lol, ^this is so damn sad

#150 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@lostrib said:

Oh I did. I said why I came to that conclusion.....but that isn't good enough for you two.

Hahaha, not it isn't good enough you unstoppable jackass, because you didn't do that at all. You absolved yourself of all blame and said it was the OP's fault, even after making your snide little remarks about me reading, then you claimed you read the thread but not the source when you couldn't have read the thread at all because the slightest flick of the scroll wheel on the very first page explains in-depth what the problem is and how it is definitely not just the controller.

As per usual you have made a complete twat of yourself and it's been nothing short of hilarious, if not a little routine.