Dude wins PS4, breaks same day, White Light of Doom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

No videos, photos, nothing? How do we know this wasn't made up by some Xbox fanboy?

LMAO Yeah there was no videos or photos of the bullcrap rumor of the XB OS operating like shit and cows jumped all over that

#52 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@avigeil said:

WobbleStation versus Xbone! The War to settle the Score!

Xbone: Jump Ahead... 720 spaces

Wobblestation: Sadness Awaits

#53 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

The poor guy just posted again on Sonygaf. No fix has worked. He has to send it in for service. His PS4 lasted 2 hours.

I guess Greatness will have to wait four to six weeks.

#54 Posted by lundy86_4 (44525 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

why are we posting another forum post as info now...

Seriously. I can't even see any evidence posted in the thread.

#55 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

No videos, photos, nothing? How do we know this wasn't made up by some Xbox fanboy?

Not everyone lives as lonely and sad a life as you do, friend.

#56 Edited by gago-gago (9959 posts) -

Don't you have to be verified to become a member of that other site and they're strict when it comes to posting bs stuff. This is not good for Sony. Also, that's the first time I saw that PS4 wobbling. I knew the controller felt cheap because I tried it out at BestBuy but I did not know the system itself is as cheap. Should have known by watching PS4 getting dismantled video, it showed how easily you could take it apart. Sony tried to cut cost, cost them.

#57 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@TheKazfather said:

He probably placed it in a plastic box in order to cause a stir.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#58 Posted by kuu2 (8143 posts) -

WobbleStation, and already tales of glitches. Sony better hope they made a good console.

I actually had one of the only 36o slims that did not work and I posted it here but it turned out to be an isolated incident. Hopefully this will be too.

#59 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4325 posts) -

Man I really hope all this hardware news is bullshit or just rare. I would be super mad if mine broke.

I guess I'll know before long huh?

#60 Posted by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

Oh noes a broken controller....the humanity.

#61 Posted by picklesurprise (185 posts) -

Has Sony been using Popstation parts in their Playstations to cut costs?

#62 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

#63 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

But yet we're supposed to believe him if he said kim kardashian walked into his house and sexed him up?
Proof is the basis of a lot of things. And I thought someone like you would know better.

#64 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

But yet we're supposed to believe him if he said kim kardashian walked into his house and sexed him up?

Proof is the basis of a lot of things. And I thought someone like you would know better.

It's GAF numnuts.

#65 Posted by -Unreal- (24567 posts) -

"Consoles are just convenient. No need to mess around with software updates and patches and they don't overheat like PCs do. You just put the game in and they work."

- Typical delusional console peasant.

#66 Edited by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

"After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

#67 Edited by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

The irony...

#68 Edited by Crypt_mx (4282 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

"After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Yeah but if you read the other pages he states that he can't even get his PS4 to boot up....

#69 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

When you are prompted to read something, odds are you missed something the first time and should probably at least skim read before you embarrass yourself.

#70 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

It's GAF numnuts.

And. It still doesn't provide proof.

It's the internet. And no need to be hostile.

Also calling people names? What are you a school bully with no one else to make fun of? Is that why you come to the forums? To feel like a big tough shot? XD

#71 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (43334 posts) -

GAF is down though.

#72 Posted by Crypt_mx (4282 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

It's GAF numnuts.

Also calling people names? What are you a school bully with no one else to make fun of? Is that why you come to the forums? To feel like a big tough shot? XD

How is calling someone numnuts hostile? Its just funny.

#73 Posted by XBOunity (3837 posts) -

Another poster on reddit had a death as well. Told you cows so. Hand vetted xbox one will be alot more reliable. Every part checked by hand. Today has been a massacre of sony

#74 Edited by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Bah. Can't check the GAF thread.

#75 Edited by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

@Crypt_mx said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

Yeah but if you read the other pages he states that he can't even get his PS4 to boot up....

I'm not following the link. I'm at this forum. Apparently whoever wrote that above quote sucks at grammar. Perhaps he should add a noun.

#76 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Crypt_mx said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

It's GAF numnuts.

How is calling someone numnuts hostile? Its just funny.

What does THAT have to do with THIS thread. And YOU nonetheless?

#77 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

Oh jesus, really?! Its his whole damn console that will not work, dumbass! Cows. swear!

#78 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

That's launch hardware for ya. Let's hope it doesn't happen to many or any of the good people here

#79 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's GAF numnuts.

Numnuts? You're offended by numnuts? For real? Are you wearing sneakers? Are your shoelaces tied together?

Cuz you're straight trippin' yo.

Asking for proof is all good if that's your bag, but I think it's a little tinfoil-hat-enthusiast in this case. It's GAF. You have to be invited and confirmed. People know you and your posting. It would have been shot down straight away if anyone had any reason to doubt him, yet nobody does. He's posted previously about how hyped he is and seems sincere.

In order for it to be BS he would have had to get invited to GAF, post well enough and non-fanboyish enough to get confirmed, keep posting positive playstation comments to build up a cover, make up a lie about winning a PS4 from taco bell weeks in advance, continue his cover until close to launch day of the PS4 only to then spring his trap and lie about the console working, using the exact same problem a few other unlucky people seem to be having.

Hence original response - not everyone is sad and lonely enough to actually do that. There is very little reason to doubt he's being legit. It's not like he's even made that big a deal out of it.

#80 Posted by lhughey (4320 posts) -

The traffic may be too much because of this issue. Conspiracy theorists will insist that SonyGaf took the sight down to keep this issue from spreading like wildfire.

#81 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

im getting database error lol. MUST got deleted by sony.

I guess there goes the "it's in a show box" theory

#82 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

"Consoles are just convenient. No need to mess around with software updates and patches and they don't overheat like PCs do. You just put the game in and they work."

- Typical delusional console peasant.

If only they could just google the problem, and fix it within 5 minutes.

But that's too hard. Much better to call up Sony, listen to 10 minutes of automated messages, convince the Sony rep to help you out, then drive down to the UPS store, and ship your package back to Sony, and wait a few weeks before playing games again.

#83 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9583 posts) -

I could care less about these people having issues. They aren't posting videos or pictures. So it means nothing.

2 days and I'll have my own PS4. If mine breaks I will be sure to post videos and pics. Then it will go back to Amazon for a refund.

But until then... I have no worries.

#84 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@lhughey said:

The traffic may be too much because of this issue. Conspiracy theorists will insist that SonyGaf took the sight down to keep this issue from spreading like wildfire.

I don't believe that...

#85 Posted by StormyJoe (6748 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

since this is system wars that translates to 100% of all ps4s are defective.

LOL!

#86 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's GAF numnuts.

Numnuts? You're offended by numnuts? For real? Are you wearing sneakers? Are your shoelaces tied together?

Cuz you're straight trippin' yo.

Asking for proof is all good if that's your bag, but I think it's a little tinfoil-hat-enthusiast in this case. It's GAF. You have to be invited and confirmed. People know you and your posting. It would have been shot down straight away if anyone had any reason to doubt him, yet nobody does. He's posted previously about how hyped he is and seems sincere.

In order for it to be BS he would have had to get invited to GAF, post well enough and non-fanboyish enough to get confirmed, keep posting positive playstation comments to build up a cover, make up a lie about winning a PS4 from taco bell weeks in advance, continue his cover until close to launch day of the PS4 only to then spring his trap and lie about the console working, using the exact same problem a few other unlucky people seem to be having.

Hence original response - not everyone is sad and lonely enough to actually do that. There is very little reason to doubt he's being legit. It's not like he's even made that big a deal out of it.

Falling into more school yard antics. LOL telling me i'm tripping. Obviously someone hasn't done much growing. And still can't act like an adult.

Also people can commit perjury under oath. Saying it's "NeoGaf" Doesn't make what everyone on that board says true. And yes they are unfortunately. It's the world we live in. If concrete proof was never accepted by any of us we'd still be in caves hunting animals to stay warm for winter.

#87 Posted by RogueStatus28 (546 posts) -

So it begins… the WLoD era.

#88 Posted by I_AM_MEGATRON (378 posts) -

guys i also recieved an early xbone today! it just broke, just believe me! i got no evidence but its true!!!! LOL

#89 Posted by lamprey263 (26177 posts) -
Loading Video...

#90 Edited by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

Oh jesus, really?! Its his whole damn console that will not work, dumbass! Cows. swear!

Not a cow.....and I explained why I read it the way I did. It was poorly written. Dumb ass MS fan boy.....

#91 Edited by danabo (2476 posts) -

His posting history was checked on SonyGAF. Pictures were posted. Updates were given.

But, it is just one console. 1

The light on the ps4 is solid when in use, mine flashes on and off. isn't the red or flashing red of over heating.

They have directed me to re download the 1.50 firmware onto usb.

For those criticizing, if this happens to you (hope it doesn't) refer to this thread for help, skip past the "jokes"...

Originally Posted by Dylx

Here are my steps.

1) ps4 froze, after 10 mins it shut its-self off.

2.) tried to reboot, nothing happened. Controllers won't connect or anything.

3.) tried holding the power button to cold boot/reset...Nothing.

4.) called to troubleshoot

5.) 10 mins into calling and being bounced around, i made a tread, hoping to help someone that it could happen to on friday. ( didn't expect ridicule)

6.) Still on hold.....

I may have been over dramatic to say buy a warranty, but after this I'm buying one.

#92 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

@danabo said:

His posting history was checked on SonyGAF. Pictures were posted. Updates were given.

But, it is just one console. 1

Can ya link us to this?

#93 Edited by lostrib (44099 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

I'm not following the link. I'm at this forum. Apparently whoever wrote that above quote sucks at grammar. Perhaps he should add a noun.

the title of the post on gaf literally says "My PS4 seems broken"

#94 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You should try that....

Not a cow.....and I explained why I read it the way I did. It was poorly written. Dumb ass MS fan boy.....

Poorly written, yet the fucking TOPIC TITLE clearly says the console broke and multiple posts afterwards explain that the console is dead, including the first page of this very thread - even after being prompted to go back and read again, you're gonna blame the guy's writing skills?

Come on bro.

#95 Edited by gta50419 (338 posts) -

Wow they really rushing these systems out...

#96 Posted by magicalclick (24308 posts) -

So, besides RLOD, it has additional WLOD. Word.....

#97 Edited by lamprey263 (26177 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

people on the forum seem to know him and know that he got his early from Taco Bell

#98 Posted by sora16perfect (727 posts) -

No proof what so ever and people are jumping all over this.

#99 Posted by lostrib (44099 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@shawn30 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

and you missed the whole part where he it says the PS4 seems to be broken?

#100 Posted by LJS9502_basic (153045 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Learn2reading

You should try that....

the title of the post on gaf literally says "My PS4 seems broken"

Er has it escaped your notice that I'm on GameSpot not Gaf?