Driveclub weather coming months latter, before years end

• 130 results
#1 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1292 posts) -

Sorry if posted before. We knew it was launching without it, but it seems it'll only come around 2-3 months latter, for those of you who where curious.

That is, if they don't delay it again. It could happen after all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887888

The weather update isn’t going to be released at launch. You’re going to be racing in the dry for a few months, but waiting is a theme in Driveclub. See it as a positive.

“It’s not such a bad thing,” said Perkins. “It’s worth being able to learn the tracks in the dry. Then you can start playing at night, and then when it’s raining during the day. If you really want to challenge yourself, then a snowstorm at night is quite a different experience. It’s probably worth having that two-month lead-in just practicing the tracks before you get the really difficult settings thrown in.”

Great. When?

“Right now we haven’t committed to a date,” said Rustchynsky. “What we have said is that it definitely will be out before the ends of the year.

“Our target is to try to get it [out] as soon as possible, because we want to make sure there are constant, fresh, new things to keep people playing. As soon as possible. I think we’ll be able to provide the date around launch, I guess.”

#2 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9840 posts) -

Oh? I thought it was like a next day patch.....2-3 months for weather? Hahahahaha.......FH2 FTW

#3 Posted by BldgIrsh (1583 posts) -

.... There was just a hype thread showcasing the weather and the TC boasting how much better it looks over PCars. I guess I shouldn't have expected much from delaystation.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -

Delayclub confirmed

#5 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -

Out at the start of October. Not too long, unlike Minecraft for Xbone.

In b4 lems make something out of nothing, as per usual.

#6 Edited by lostrib (34278 posts) -

if it doesn't get delayed

#7 Posted by Draign (575 posts) -

Its good to practice in the dry for a few months? what a disgusting slap in the face that is. He must think this is the only driving game ever made.

#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

Lost interest after it got delayed from launch. I am not a big racing fan anyways but I was gonna give it a try before.

#9 Posted by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

It just gets worse. He should of shut his mouth months ago. All that should of been said is, "it will be done when its done" and left it at that.

#10 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9840 posts) -

A game that was supposed to be a launch game gets delayed.....gets gets delayed again and now the hyped weather system is delayed.....nothing to see here I guess.

#11 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1292 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

I guess I shouldn't have expected much from delaystation.

Delayclub confirmed

@lostrib said:

"but waiting is a theme in Driveclub"

The guy's being honest

#12 Posted by lostrib (34278 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

I guess I shouldn't have expected much from delaystation.

@MonsieurX said:

Delayclub confirmed

@lostrib said:

"but waiting is a theme in Driveclub"

The guy's being honest

It's what the PS4 lives buy. Greatness Awaits...and waits.......and waits

#13 Posted by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

A game that was supposed to be a launch game gets delayed.....gets gets delayed again and now the hyped weather system is delayed.....nothing to see here I guess.

By the time it does get released it will be around 11 months on from the original PS4 release.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (39100 posts) -

Doesn't even any Japanese cars at launch.

#15 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -

That's what happens when you want to do a good job instead of rush it out like Killer Instinct.

Meanwhile FH2 gets microstransactions down the line. lololol.

Funny that lems talk more about Drive Club than they do Sunset 14fps.

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -

5$ DLC

#17 Posted by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

That's what happens when you want to do a good job instead of rush it out like Killer Instinct.

You do know that DC also has microtransactions right?

#18 Posted by lostrib (34278 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Since when?

#19 Edited by tymeservesfate (1570 posts) -

WAIT...you wait right there cows...you WAIT.

#20 Posted by freedomfreak (39100 posts) -
#21 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9840 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

By the time it does get released it will be around 11 months on from the original PS4 release.

Yup and incomplete

#22 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Just await

#23 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9840 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

FH2 launches with over 200 cars and 150 song soundtrack...who needs microtransactions with such content.

Also your last statement is false.

#24 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Since when?

Since E3. Unsurprising, the gameplay looks very uninspiring.

@clyde46 said:

I do. It's not being snuck in like with FH2. Lems confirmed for boiling frogs. Maybe the disc-based DRM will make a return that way as well.

@clyde46 said:

Yeah, they should have rushed it out like Killer Instinct.

Meanwhile lemmings continue their wait for games. 2016 or so, probably.

#25 Edited by Draign (575 posts) -

You know its bad when someone defends Drive Club. People have waited this long, why rush the game to release before its actually complete? "Rush", I kill me.

#26 Posted by jessejay420 (3747 posts) -

"Its worth being able to learn the tracks in the dry"

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah,thats not pathetic..

#27 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

@jessejay420: lol yea I lol'd at that PR twist on the delay too.

#28 Posted by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher:
You seriously are nuts. Bashing for FH2 for having MT yet you accept it in DC? And also defending the delay.

@clyde46 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yup and incomplete

Its just sad.

#29 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70539 posts) -

Not a big deal tbh

#30 Posted by lostrib (34278 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

You seriously are nuts. Bashing for FH2 for having MT yet you accept it in DC? And also defending the delay.

He's basically the stereotype for Sony trolls/fanboys so it's not really surprising

#31 Posted by jessejay420 (3747 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

You wanna bash Forza Horizon 2 for that,yet you are defending a game that is based around micro transactions?

Self Owned!!!1

#32 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

When did I say it was acceptable? :)

@chikenfriedrice said:

FH2 launches with over 200 cars and 150 song soundtrack...who needs microtransactions with such content.

Lazy lemmings who just want their hands on a Ford Transit. My last statement was very true.

@draign said:

You know its bad when someone defends Drive Club. People have waited this long, why rush the game to release before its actually complete? "Rush", I kill me.

If only it was missing half the game like Filler Instinct does. lmao.

#33 Posted by RR360DD (11598 posts) -

lmao

#34 Posted by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Lazy lemmings who just want their hands on a Ford Transit.

Touche. Also, have you driven a tranny van? Its fucking awesome.

#35 Posted by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

How would you feel being passed by someone driving a van?

#36 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9840 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Lazy lemmings who just want their hands on a Ford Transit. My last statement was very true.

Shit forgot about the Ford Transit....TAKE MY MONEY!

#37 Posted by cainetao11 (16840 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

But its a Sony game so that's making something out of nothing.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (43414 posts) -

That's fine since its the true racing console exclusive this Fall.

#39 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -

But its a Sony game so that's making something out of nothing.

Keep up, lem. :)

#40 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1292 posts) -

25 tracks, 50 cars. No japanese cars

#41 Posted by HadOne2Many (1243 posts) -

Such a shame. This is the one game that could push me to finally buy a PS4, but not until they get the weather sorted. If I'm going to play a 30 FPS arcade racer on a current gen console weather is a must. If I can't have realism I want eye candy dammit.

Also are we considering DLC the same as a microtransactions these days? I don't mind paying for additional content (tracks, cars, etc.) but these aren't microtransactions in my opinion. That would be something like more like, "Want to upgrade your car with better brakes, $0.99 please or GTFO." And to my knowledge neither this game or any of the Forza games do that (car tokens came close, but everything was still unlockable through normal play).

#42 Posted by cainetao11 (16840 posts) -
#43 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3816 posts) -

so i get to practice and harness my skills in the bright sunny days before they throw rain towards my direction? perfect. sony helping gamers become better drivers should be thread title.

#44 Posted by regnaston (231 posts) -

What do you mean "unlike Minecraft for Xbone"? You do realize that Minecraft for the XB1 is coming Friday right? And the latest PS4 Minecraft is "Almost There" for being ready

That being said, I am not sure why people play that game :D

#45 Edited by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

Serious question here, has anyone here actually driven a Transit van?

#46 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3816 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

the van part wouldnt bother me, now taken over by a women lol that would be some shit

#47 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -

@regnaston said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

What do you mean "unlike Minecraft for Xbone"? You do realize that Minecraft for the XB1 is coming Friday right? And the latest PS4 Minecraft is "Almost There" for being ready

That being said, I am not sure why people play that game :D

Minecraft on Xbone was announced in June 2013. Minecraft on PS4 was announced in August 2013.

Though the fact it's taken this long for either is pretty embarrassing for Mojang. :/

#48 Edited by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

the van part wouldnt bother me, now taken over by a women lol that would be some shit

Given the fact she is a better driver than you'll ever be?

#49 Posted by jessejay420 (3747 posts) -

so i get to practice and harness my skills in the bright sunny days before they throw rain towards my direction? perfect. sony helping gamers become better drivers should be thread title.

LOL!

DC = Damage Control

#50 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3816 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@clyde46 said:

Given the fact she is a better driver than you'll ever be?

but is she better than be at mario kart? who cares about real life its all about games

she probably is better tbh